Complaints & Reviews

Batteries Plus.co.uknon receipt of order

Appalling company - do not deal with. Only wish I had discovered these reviews prior to placing an order. Numerous attempts to contact seller - all negative. Does not answer telephone number [protected] & [protected] is constantly engaged.
Order placed on 11/09/2014 - payment made via Paypal, but no communication received at all from Batteries Plus. Sent several emails - no response received. I requested a full refund of all monies paid.
Recorded dispute via Paypal and suddenly within minutes a refund was (hopefully) received! Seller claimed they had not received any order - unbelievable, why would a payment suddenly have been made to them without any accompanying order! What a right shower - will be spreading the word far and wide about this disreputable company and reporting them to their local Trading Standards office. Despite being recently bereaved (loss of my husband who always dealt with all things battery related), this rogue trader picked on the wrong person when they upset me. Absolutely shameful!

Batteries Plus Bulbs — not honoring their replacement warranty

Batteries Plus, Store 260, Shawnee Kansas, does not honor their automobile battery warranty; but were able to...

Batteries Plus Bulbs — Racists

Being insulted and degraded by the manager of the Roseburg OR batteries plus must be one of my favorite...

Batteries Plus Bulbssold bad product

My 12 yr old son purchased a 12v Welker Battery for his pocket bike with his cash. He brought it home and used it for a couple of days before it died, way earlier than it should have. Tried to charge it but it would not take a charge. We took it back to batteries plus where it was purchased. The clerk informed us that it was indeed bad, but since my son purchased this with cash and did not have a receipt, the would not replace it. This is a battery that is unique so they knew it was from them and in near perfect condition.

I suggest people do business with companies that do the right thing when they sell a bad product.

• Th
        The Ogre Oct 23, 2012

I know you make the story more sympathetic because you mentioned it was a "kid" who made the purchase, but bottom line is you need a receipt to return things. You as the adult should have either told him to put receipt in safe place or take it from him and save it. Its called being responsible.

Jack Fever Jan 06, 2016

a smart company would have taken back the battery with absolutely no questions asked. I know if they had done this you would have continued to purchase batteries from the company and told others how great the company is so it would have created more customers. The problem with most franchisees is that they think small and don't have the customer service attitude. On the positive side, you learned that it is best to go to Walmart, Target or any other major retail chain where customer service is superior. I never buy from mom and pop shops because they have bad customer service when it comes to returns, warranties and price.

Batteries Plus Bulbs — bad watch battery

I went to the Orlando store on Orange Blossom Trail to buy a watch battery. I was told that I could buy a...

Batteries Plus Bulbs — cheated/scammed

Bought a battery from Battery Plus with a three year warranty. Since this is a convertible, I opted for the...

Batteries Plus Bulbs — dishonest and poor quality batteries, #

First off, lets get this out into the open. Batteries plus batteries, despite their explicit denial, are...

Batteries Plus Bulbs — low quality batteries

We bought a battery for a cell phone and it went dead faster that the 4 year one we already had. NEVER buy from them!

Batteries Plus Bulbs — 15% restocking fee on "most returns"

Moral of story: neither dell nor hp battery fit in the computers and battteries plus employees blamed the...

Batteries Plus Bulbs — rip off

My experience with batteries Plus started when I called the store to see if they had a replacement battery...

Batteries Plus Bulbspoor service

GolfLogix GPS-8 unit quit working. Contacted their support by email, they wanted it sent in to diagnois. Got RMA on the 17th of Nov. and sent it in by UPS on Nov. 18. I inquired again on Dec. 9th because I had heard nothing for 3 weeks, they answered back on Dec. 11th and said it was forwarded to a manager and they were going to check into it. I inquired yet again on Dec. 18th saying I would just like to know one way or another if it could be fixed. No answer so I sent complaints to all department I could find listed in the Garmin Company and I got back so CYA excuses and finally an email saying it couldn't be repaired. It took 34 days to determine that it could not be fixed and that was only after extreme pressure was applied! Not a bad product but terrible customer service.

• BatteriesPlus.Com Dec 22, 2009

Your complaint seems to indicate a negative experience with Garmin and not us, batteriesplus.com

Batteries Plus is dedicated to your satisfaction. We apologize if you have not received a timely response regarding your product concerns. We would encourage you to forward your specific issue directly to our Customer Service Team, which can be reached M-F : 7:30am–7:00pm Central Time at 1. 800.677.8278 or via e-mail at [protected]@batteriesplus.com.

Batteries Plus Bulbsfraud

Never ever ever, buy anything from batteries plus.. They are quick to take your money, but do not deliver your items. The phone number is not in use and they do not reply to emails or letters. Basically, they just steal your money. I cannot believe this is actually possible but there you go.

Other people seem to have the same problem, I will now try and make a formal complaint and i'm trying to get my money back. Batteries plus just take your money and never even bother to get back to you. You are warned, avoid this company like the plague.

• BatteriesPlus.Com Nov 02, 2009

Batteries Plus is dedicated to your satisfaction with the products you purchase from us. We apologize if you have not received a timely response regarding your product concerns. We would encourage you to forward your specific issue directly to our Customer Service Team, which can be reached M-F : 7:30am–7:00pm Central Time at 1. 800.677.8278 or via e-mail at [protected]@batteriesplus.com. Unfortunately, we have encountered situations where a business with a name similar to ours, which is based outside of the US, does not act with proper business ethics. We have received multiple complaints based upon their practices. We would like the opportunity to set the record straight and assist you in resolving your concern. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to an opportunity to serve you.

• Go
            Gozer908 Feb 25, 2011

Any details? Would be more helpful if you say what went wrong instead of just saying dont go there.

Batteries Plus Bulbsterrible experience

I bought 4 separate 6 volt golf cart batteries from Batteries Plus in Tucson (Wilmot Location). I have them tied in series in a 24 volt configuration for a special solar application. I regularly check the status of my batteries and make sure they are always charged and maintained properly. One of the four batteries began to have a diminished capacity. When the other batteries where at 6.2 volts this one battery was at 5.8 volts. There is no reason for a battery in series with other batteries to be unbalanced unless it is bad.

I took the 1 year old defective battery back to the store where I purchased it and they said they would have to fully charge it before they could test it and I would have to leave the battery overnight. I called the next day and they said the battery was fine and I could pick it up. They had charged it for over 10 hours with a 40 amp charger. When I picked it up I asked them what the battery voltage was and they said "6.5 Volts". I thought that was pretty good and I was pleasantly surprised they were able to get it charged. A fully charged 6 volt deep cycle battery should read about 6.35 volts fully charged and almost 7 volts if it just came off the charger. After I put the battery in my car, I tested it with my own volt meter and it was only at 6.1 volts. I went back inside and told them that it was only 6.1 Volts.. They said "well it passed the load test so its fine". The problem is that a load test is not the same as a capacity test. Also they refused to do a hydrometer test because they said it would be inaccurate because I added distilled water to the battery, which may be true, but that doesn't mean that the hygrometer test should read dead.

I attempted to prove my point and explain that the load test is not the same as a capacity test, and they refuse to understand what I am saying. In fact, they kept saying things like

"whatever.. I guess you know something about batteries that we don't".

"here you go, you battery is charged and ready, you can come pick it up any time".

"I've been here for 10 years and I think I know what I'm talking about"

"Your volt meter must be bad".. Note: My volt meter is $400 certified calibrated fluke meter... EXTREMELY ACCURATE

"its over 6 volts so its charged"

and my favorite:

"Whats the difference between a load test and a capacity test!? There is no difference".

The entire experience was dreadful. All they did was talk to me like I was stupid and treat me like I didn't know what I was talking about, but in fact, they didn't know what they were talking about... Either that, or they didn't want to warranty the battery. Now, I've made several trips to the store (40 miles round trip each time) and walked away angry each time. They are rude, a-holes and scammers. I still have yet to know if they will warranty my battery, but even if they do I will never buy from them again... not because of the defective battery (that is expected to happen occasionally with batteries), but because of their lack of knowledge and rudeness towards me.

I know all of this might be a little too technical for a lot of people to grasp the profoundness of their errors, but please believe me... Me and my fellow engineers just laugh and cringe when we talk about this. Batteries plus Tucson location on Wilmot is STUPID.

• St
              steveybee Apr 08, 2011

I had the EXACT experience with them. Their batteries are refurbished, and already at diminished capacity when you pick them up off of the shelf. I had a bad motorcycle battery, and they insisted that the battery was working properly. When I explained the capacity vs. load to them the scoffed, but i explained that capacity was the reason it read 12volts but wouldn't fire up my bike. I explained that I wasn't interested in a battery that read good but only powered the lights on my motorcycle, i paid for and demanded a batttery that could charge to capacity and actually fire up my starter. Then as a kick in the balls, they said that they would replace my battery with a brand new one from the warranty, and gave me back my OLD BATTERY! As if it was a psychological issue with my motorcycle, and telling it that the battery worked would make it fire up. good placebo!
              They were rude, dishonest, [censor], and I am with you, I will help spread the word of my experience and hopefully stop others from getting scammed by this horrible business.
              Thanks for your post.

• J2
              J296 Aug 25, 2013

That comment is very enlightening. I purchased a 12 V battery for my motorcycle in April 2013 it is now August 2013 and that battery will not start my bike. The lights will come on but I found out that the CCA'S (cold crank amps) for my bike should be 190. The battery that they sold me only has or is supposed to have 185 cold cranking amps. I discovered that my bike was not the only one having that issue. A friend of mine owns the same year, make, and model motorcycle as i do and purchased the very same battery and experienced the exact same problem. Frustrated doesn't even describe what I am right now. I just want my money back. I will never recommend any of their motorcycle batteries to anyone I know.

Batteries Plus Bulbs — Defective product

Purchased Battery for riding mower in late January 2008 which supposedly carried a 3 year warranty. I wa...