Having problems with Currys?

+44 344 561 1234 (Customer Service)
1 Portal Way
Locations

Postal Address

PO Box 1687, Sheffield, S2 5YA

Complaints & Reviews

Know how back up insurance on appliance

Dear Customer Services,
Below is the full history of email correspondence with Currys since the original complaint was raised before 6th June 2020. I am still awaiting a response from last email dated 28th June 2020
Curry references: CSUP5870900CR, RE: Re: CSUP5867655CR, RE: Re: CSUP5867481CR

Email from Susan Heeley dated 28th June 2020
Dear Sirs,

Following my email to you dated 26th June 2020 as detailed below, I received a telephone call on Saturday 27th June 2020 from one of your agents Sharon. She was also asked at the same time, to speak to my brother in law, David Holvey, who has been helping me over this matter.

We were informed by Sharon that she could not assist us directly and we would have to go through the repeated channels of calling your sales teams, at the time she could not even arrange a transfer call to them. After checking with here manager, we were told that your sales team will not make outgoing calls to customers and only deal with incoming calls!

We informed Sharon that this was an unacceptable situation and we now had no alternative other than to seek another source for an insurance plan for the washing machine concerned.

However, for the records, I wish to continue with the official complaint with you for the way your Company have dealt with me over this matter. Can you therefore procedure with this situation as an ongoing matter and I will here from you again in due course.

[protected]

Email from Susan Heeley dated 26th June 2020
Mr Taylor,

Thank you for your email dated 23rd June 2020..

Please be informed that over the past 3 days I have made several attempts to contact your Customer Support services on the number indicated in your email.

On every occasion I have met your answering system and after selecting the choice to ‘renew/ purchase a cover plan, each time I have been kept waiting on line with a music background and then as soon as a ringing tone reappears, I have been cut off from your system!!!

What do I have to do to be able to speak to your support team, you won't call me, and you won't answer my calls!! This is a disgusting state of affairs and is simply not the way to deal with customers.

I have to formally notify you now, without prejudice, that you should treat this email as the start of an official complaint against your Company!!

I have also re established the complaint again through the ‘Resolver' facility.

This has been going on since before 6th June, when my current agreement expired and I consider your Company approach to be very poor customer service and unfair treatment.

Hide original message
On Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 18:09:12 BST, Currys Customer Services wrote:

Dear Miss Heeley

Thank you for your email dated 18th June 2020. Please accept my apologies for the delay in this response.

It is concerning to learn of the issues that you have encountered. Your email clearly expresses your disappointment and I would like to extend my apologies for any negative impression that may have been created.

For us to assist you with your renewal, please call our Care Plan Team on [protected]. Our team will be able to look into offering you one of our Care and Repair plans, they can also give you all information regarding these new plans. We do require a secure line as we would be taking card details, hence the reason for you to call ourselves.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Team knowhow, I would like to apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Darel Taylor

----- Original Message -----

EXTERNAL EMAIL - Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe. If suspicious, report via the Report Message/Phishing button.

Dear Mr Timperley,

Re - Agreement BFR9KNJ

Thank you for your email earlier today.

I think there has been a misunderstanding on your part it is not my intention to cancel the above detailed agreement, but actually renew!! Please let me explain as follows:

1- The agreement officially expired on 06/06/20 and I have not yet received a renewal quote from you.
2 - Since before the renewal date and after, I have made repeated attempts to your organisation by telephone, I have waited for long periods of time and finally always been cut off.
3 - I am prepared to make arrangements to pay a renewal premium in one payment by credit card, but it seems that you may no longer seem concerned or indeed interested having my business!
4 - In an attempt to get some kind of communication with you, I have today raised a renewal form on line, to pay by DD and gave my bank details to support this, the request was acknowledged as 'Request No' [protected].

Please, I just need some support from your organisation and piece of mind that the appliance concerned is actually covered by the agreement.

I feel that I am being treated unfairly and this is causing me a great deal of stress! If knowhow are not prepared to help, then obviously I will have to look elsewhere.

Can you please arrange for someone to call me and settle this matter once and for all.

S.Heeley
45, Sutton Oak Road, Sutton Coldfield, B736TQ.
Tel: [protected]
home; [protected]

On Thursday, 18 June 2020, 15:11:12 BST, Currys Customer Services wrote:

[cid:tM3jaqaSBu3IbqZIP437]

Dear Miss Heeley

I have noted your request to cancel your Team knowhow Care Plan/Repair and Support Plan. With the information you have supplied we are currently unable to consider your request.

In order for us to cancel the agreement, please could you provide your full address. Once this has been received, we can then continue with the cancellation. This is required to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and for verification purposes. Alternatively, you can contact our Care Plan department on [protected] and a member of the team will be happy to help.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Graeme Timperley
Team knowhow
Email from KnowHow - Thursday, 18 June 2020, 15:11:12 BST, Currys Customer Services wrote:

Dear Miss Heeley

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Graeme Timperley

Email response from S.Heeley - 23 June 2020
Dear Mr Timperley,

Re - Agreement BFR9KNJ

Thank you for your email earlier today.

S.Heeley
45, Sutton Oak Road, Sutton Coldfield, B736TQ.
Tel: [protected]
home; [protected]
Email from KnowHow - 23rd June 2020

Darel Taylor

Email response from S.Heeley 26th June 2020
CSUP5870900CR, RE: Re: CSUP5867655CR, RE: Re: CSUP5867481CR

Mr Taylor,
Thank you for your email dated 23rd June 2020..
I have also re established the complaint again through the ‘Resolver' facility.

BFR9KNJK

Email from me to company.
From: Susan Heeley
To: [protected]@knowhow.com
Subject: Customer Service
Date: 9th June 2020 at 09:17

> Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing to complain about an issue with Technology Set-up & Support Services.

I have already raised my issue within your organisation, but I feel that my issue is still unresolved, hence my need to involve you in helping to resolve this problem.

Here is what happened: I have repeated made efforts to contact this organisation concerning the renewal of the above mentioned agreement which expired on 06/06/2020. I have got through to people by telephone and have been cut off, there website is confusing and their online chat is none functional.I have got through to people by telephone and have been cut off, there website is confusing and their online chat is none functional. . This happened on June 7th, 2020

This meant that I have never received a renewal reminder from them for this agreement which expired on 06/06/2020. This now appears that, through no fault of my own, I do not have cover for the washing machine which is the subject of the agreement.
> What is the matter with this organisation, I know we have current coronavirus problems but all I want to do is pay them a premium to renew the agreement!! I am also very disappointed at the way my attempts to contact them are being totally ignored!! Do I have to take my business elsewhere??
> I look forward to your prompt response on this matter. As recommended by Trading Standards, I would like to keep a complete record of my case, so please reply to this email address.

Yours sincerely,

45 Sutton Oak Road

Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
B73 6TQ

delivery

Currys arranged delivery by Royal Mail, for relatively small goods, worth just over £150 total. The Royal Mail service was one that did not require a signature to complete the delivery. The posting operative deposited the package according to their paperwork into our refuse bin (!!) despite their being many other options for delivery (cleaner recycling bins, a covered wood store, a covered area beneath lounge window, both next door neighbours were at home...). I am bewildered that this happened and in two minds as to the reality, but basically believe this should be a signed for service anyway given the size-value of the items being delivered. Currys have I understand taken this up with Royal Mail, and I await my paid for goods...

CUR1965697290

a logic double oven

I bought a LOGig build in under double from curry's on-line shopping department, it kept on braking down, I...

Logik washing machine

I purchased the machine I june and have bee away for three and a half weeks hence the delay I purchased a...

reserving an item

Why message me to say item ready for collection when none in store? To add insult to injury had cut the plug off my clock radio for them to recyle!!! No wonder we shop online.. Won't bother going into their currys ever again. No apology just long faces when I pointed out I had wasted my time and effort. A salesman even suggested I could drive to another store about 10 miles away??? What a joke!

logik washing machine li814w15

I bought this washing machine in store on 18/04/18 and delivered to my new house. I put a wash on and the...

ki290840 tefal kettle

I purchased a tefal & toaster set not a budget set the kettle alone was £90 after 6 months the kettle started...

cooker cock-up

My heart sunk when my wife told me she'd ordered a new range cooker from this shambles of a company. I wa...

integrated fridge freezer

after being sold a fridge freezer in store, it was booked in for installation the following Sunday, on...

always out of stock

I wonder if they have something in stock. No matter when and no matter what I order, it's always out of...

delivery of a cooker

I ordered and paid for a range master cooker £!500, on the day of delivery one of the two delivery men flatly...

ordering online

I ordered a cooker online and read that someone would be in contact regarding delivery date. 3 days later I had heard nothing so phoned Currys to find out what was going on. I was informed (after being put on hold for over 10 minutes) that I had to contact the manufacturer myself as the cooker was coming from them direct. I stated that Currys had taken the money 3 days earlier so therefore my dealings were to be with Currys only to be told there is nothing they could do.

I took the phone number which turned out to be incorrect but eventually got hold of the delivery department who did not have any record of my post code or reference number.

I phoned Currys again (put on hold again for 14 mins) and then informed someone would phone me in the next 24 hours. I decided to cancel the order instead which was met with indifference but was told my money would be returned in 3 to 5 days!!

I then placed my order with AO.com that evening and they phoned me back the following morning to confirm everything. Currys will only be used for in store on display purposes from now on. My money will go to AO.

coverplan policy

product support ref: [protected]
Hi there,
I purchased a pc from your Tralee store on 18/01/17
I was told if i took out a cover plan policy for €6.00 i would get the first month free.
I left the store and realised on my reciept no: 034936 that i had been charged. I then sent an email to currys complaining about this and to cancel my cover plan and refund me. The nect month i got double charged there were two amounts of €6.00 debited from my account and its been happening every month since. I contacted by phone last month and i spoke with a guy who told me that for some reason there had been two cover plans set up by mistake and that he was going to cancel the plan and refund my account by €36.00
This month again i got charged twice again which is another €12.00 so i phoned today and spoke to a lady who says my plan was never cancelled and she will cancel it and make sure i am refunded. I have now looked into my bank account and there has been a further €18.00 taken today.
I am extremely annoyed. I should never have taken the offer of the FREE cover plan for the month. I do not under stand why it has not been cancelled when i requested.
I never wanted this plan and i cancelled it months ago. I would like the €36.00 refunded to me plus the extra €18.00 that was taken today. Total €54.00

misselling

To everyone who bought a UE Samsung 9500, when it was advertised as edge lit by PC World(up to November...

broken delivery promise, followed by denial of installation followed by a fitter without the dishwasher

dishwasher I've waited in all day Thursday 8/12/16 (not daring to even move away from earshot of front door...

Birmingham Washing Machines

logik free standing gas cooker

Un able to use a milk saucepan on cooker. Keeps falling of cooker.
Has now burnt my parents leg.

Have tried for months for Currys to come out and see this safety hazard on 3 separate dates.
The worse form of customer service I have come across.
Do not but any products from Currys, go to AO.

customer service

Returned a Lenovo Yoga 8 10.1 tablet to Currys on 14/7/2015, after 6 months. It failed to power up. The...

unauthorised charges to my account

I purchased a Zanussi cooker from Currys Isle of Man a little over 12 months ago and recently was invited to...

rude and unprofessional rep

I ordered laptop from the website www.currys.co.uk. I got email that the delivery would take 3 days. After 7 days I still haven’t received my order. Ok, I contacted the live chat agent and started to ask about the order. I was shocked that the agent was so unprofessional and couldn’t find any precise info. I simply wasted time. I asked for money back, but the agent started to tell me awful and rude things. Not recommended company.

no good cover Mar 03, 2015

I bought a Laptop from currys 6 years ago last week i took it into the shop to be sent away due to the laptop turning off, I kept the laptoon on constant charge, the battery would get extremely hot, graphics card would show up that there was a problem then it would shout down . I have been paying £7.99 a month for the last 6years it was sold to me in the store and was told it was coverd for every thing, I took the laptop into Currys Eastbourne they sent it off to knowhow they had it for 5-6days they had replace the hard drive that had the problems, i took it home the battery was not holding charge so the the top is now on charge all day. I rang KnowHow they said the battey was not coverd, i explained that i have been paying £7.99 a month and i was led to beleive that every things is coverd i did not buy the laptop without a battery that is one of the main parts that makes the laptop work . he was not having it so i have been sold something that has been of no use over £400 i am so p-off

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Mar 03, 2015

I hope you got your parents permission before ordering the laptop. How do I know you are a child, you mistake being told no and not getting the exact answer you want as rudeness.

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Mar 03, 2015

You mistake being told no as rudeness making you a child.

they delivered damaged washing machine and the worst services

I bought washing machine from the website www.currys.co.uk. The staff was really useful and they delivered...

Sheffield Washing Machines