Menu
Courts Singapore company logo
Last seen 24 hours ago
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

222 complaints
182 resolved 40 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Courts Singapore customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Courts Singapore. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
9:34 am

Courts Singapore - Hitachi Aircon

Here is a summary of what has happened:

Installed the Aircon in Feb during our renovation but did not turn on till a few weeks later

Issue 1

1) Aircon FCU is not cold ( total- 4 trips by installer 2 trips by Hitachi)

a. Call Hitachi as it is under warranty

b. Hitachi Engineer came did a VISIUAL inspection and mentioned to call installer as seems like no enough gas

c. Call courts Call center

- No respond no call back

d. Call courts ask for return

- No respond no call back

e. Finally the installer called and came in to check

- Check gas level and top up gas

f. 2 days later – FCU not cold – call the installer direct

- Installer came and say will return as he does not have the gauge

- Came back another day - yanks out the tubing and confirmed FCU is leaking

g. Had to pay the contractor to repaint the walls again due to the scratches

h. Called Hitachi

- Ask to wait as they need the report from installer

- Came and replace the FCU

i. After 3 weeks finally FCU is cold

Issue 2-4

1) FCU not cold when 3 units are on

2) Aircon compressor is too noisy emitting lound humming noisy when 3 FCU are turned on

3) Whole FCU is vibrating hard when turned on due to the Fan speed – New

a. Got a HDB complain that the below neighbor complain the loud compressor sound at night

i. Call Hitachi – engineer came and mentioned that they have reprogrammed the compressor

1. ( without a computer) – saw him just clicking on some dip switches and asked to monitor

b. Issues not resolved – more issues appeared

- Aircon now with 3 FCU turned on it is not cold set at 21C still cooling air only

- Compressor is still noisy

1. Used mobile phone noise meter and at night the noise generated from compressor is 60-70 db

2. Send hitachi the pictures / video and screenshot

c. Email Hitachi

- Mentioned they will indent an insulator

1. I guess mine Is not the ONLY issue if a noise insulator is ready for this

d. Email Hitachi

- Seeking a refund due to the ISSUES and asked to contact reseller Courts

e. Call Courts

- Asked to contact Hitachi as it is under warranty

- Mentioned to customer service this is a LOOP…..

- Advised by customer service to write to callcenter

Desired outcome: Return faulty product and replace with another model

5:37 am

Courts Singapore - Service

Our family went to Courts at Ang Mo Kio branch on 3rd of May at 510pm to enquire about Air Con System 4. There was a staff attending to us. Our children were standing in front of the fans and looking at the fans. A few of your staff came to them, switched off the fans and switched off the power supply immediately right in their faces. They stared at the...

7:08 pm

Courts Singapore - Wrongful harrassment of outstanding credit

Courts has been sensing letters of outstanding amount and even visited my house on multiple times requesting payment. This even though I keep informing them that there is no such person living in my house over the years.

The last visit was last month where a guy came to my house in middle of night & assured me that he will update the company record. Yet I still received letters from Courts yesterday!

Please inform your credit control department to do due diligence!

Desired outcome: Leave my family alone

P
10:17 am

Courts Singapore - Installation of air-conditioning units and piping

I am extremely disgusted with my air-con installation experience with Courts at Simei. I have chosen Courts for my air-con installation works as I needed to replace the old air-con piping, and I thought I could pay a lump sum to Courts while Courts settle all the negotiation issues with the ceiling works based on the quote of $320.

Unfortunately, after I have paid the full amount to Courts, the Courts salesman, Palani, basically left it to me and the sub-contractor by Courts to settle the outstanding ceiling and rectification works. Palani just acted as a middle man between the sub-contractor and I by conveying our responses.

My contract is with Courts, and not with the sub-contractors, so I had expected Courts to front any issues, and get the sub-contractors to rectify the ceiling and rectification works. When I had purchased the air con units from Courts, I expect that Courts would liaise with the contractors to do the necessary installation, and reinstate the holes and ceiling to a clean and pristine condition. Palani simply told me to complain to Courts as he did not want to argue with Comfort.

Background

Before 1 Apr 2022- Palani confirmed with me verbally that the ceiling would be fixed to a nice condition, and painting would be done.

1 Apr 2022 - Palani convinced me that the survey date would be arranged on 4 Apr 2022 and installation date could be 3 days later on 7 Apr 2022.

However, he told me on 2 Apr that the earliest survey date could only be on 12 Apr. As I had paid the deposit of $150 and continued to trust Courts to handle the process, I agreed to the 1 week delay.

Eventually the survey date was 11 Apr 2022 after I had chased for a reply from Palani.

11 Apr 2022 - Survey was carried out and it was highlighted that 4 holes were required to be opened in the ceiling for the piping works. At this point, nobody told me that I would need to upgrade my piping in order for the piping to be under warranty.

13 Apr 2022 - I had agreed with the $320 quote for the 4 holes but I thought -based on previous conversation with Palani before 1 Apr- that the ancillary works such as patching, painting of the ceiling, and reinstating the area near the air con units would be included. So I proceeded to make full payment to Courts.

14 Apr 2022 - Air-con technicians wearing Courts t-shirt said that 4 holes were not enough for them to proceed with the installation, and I had to pay for “more holes to be opened” (at least a total of 6 to 8 holes!). Otherwise, it was unlikely that the works could proceed! I find it to be ridiculous that I was asked to pay for “more holes to be opened” on the day of installation of the units!

They also informed that I would need to upgrade my piping (at a cost of $180) to ensure that the piping would be under warranty. This is totally out of the blue! This should have been flagged upfront in the survey as it would strongly influence my decision on whether I would want to cancel, or to proceed with the purchase of the air con units from Courts.

The air-con technicians had also asked me to directly pay them in cash for the extra holes! At that point, I had no choice but to agree with the upgrade, but I stood firm on not having more than 4 holes, and they eventually could do the job without increasing the number of holes. I find that the behaviour of the air-con technician is dubious, and felt like I was almost swindled by them! Courts should conduct checks on this sub-contractor, as they are certainly not giving a good impression on your customers!

The air-con technicians informed me that they could not patch, and paint over the holes as the job was not done by them, but by another company who would come on 18 Apr to do the rectification. Why is the installation and rectification works done on separate days? This is unacceptable to me. They informed me that I would be updated on the date and time for the rectification works after they have checked with their office. I did not hear from anybody until I called Palani, who said that he could not got in touch with the sub-contractor.

The sub-contractor eventually called me on the morning of 18 Apr, and informed that 18 Apr was postponed to 19 Apr as the worker in-charge was sick.

19 Apr 2022 - A guy came to patch the 4 holes, but refused to rectify the area surrounding the air-con units, and paint over the patches. When asked for the name of his employer, and/or his name, he had refused to provide the information. Is there something to hide?

We find that the whole process that took place lacks transparency, with hidden charges to the unsuspecting customer. This experience has definitely left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Customers like us are led on a wild goose chase; we have to monitor the timelines, and negotiate with the (dubious) external contractors by ourselves. We have chosen Courts to enjoy a hassle free process, but instead was put in a distressing position. Courts does not look after their reputation and do not value their customers.

Desired outcome: 1) Make good the four patches (refer to attached pictures)2) Clean and make good the areas surrounding the air-con units3) Customer service recovery

9:16 am

Courts Singapore - Sp home sales assistant @ courts the heeran

On 15th April. 8.45 pm. I was level 3 courts @ the heeran. I was at one of the table/desk (under SP HOMES) sitting down on two chairs with my dad. The sales assistant refusing to reveal her name slammed the placard on the table.

Whole conversation begins like this

Her : do you guys want to purchase the table?

Me: no we were just looking around. Is it we can’t sit here?

Her : yes you can sit here. *adjust the placard on the table and slammed it infront of my face* (the Ramadan promotion placard)

Me : is it I can’t sit here?

Her : yes you can

Me : you could have told me nicely instead of slamming the placard in my face? Is it I can’t sit here What’s your name?

She then quickly walks away from me.

She is wearing a white uniform(green label - SP HOMES). Shoulder length wavy/ curly dyed slightly golden-ish hair

Wish your team can investigate and get back to me. Your sales assistant was really rude with her tone and actions. While she slammed/adjusting the placard on the table. I was sitting down and it’s right infront of my face. She could have told me nicely, Not behaving like this. If this is not discrimination I do not know what else to say.

Desired outcome: to feedback and hope there’s actions taken upon her discrimination/ rude attitude.

12:49 am

Courts Singapore - Replacement of recliner sofa parts under warranty

I purchased a recliner sofa (Dresden) end of last year. In less than 1 year, I had to call them 3 times to fix my sofa because of a backrest issue. This round when I contacted customer care, I was given an appointment between 11am-3pm on a weekday. I waited for them to come to bring the replacement backrest and NO ONE showed up! I contacted customer care again to check if anyone is coming and they ask me to wait as they could not locate the driver. What nonsense is this ? Do you mean Courts does not track where their drivers go when they are suppose to deliver something to customers house? So I waited until 6pm, NO ONE came still, there was NO message, notification at all on whether someone is coming! how ridiculously irresponsible! If no one is going to show up, why bother asking us to make an appointment and expect us to wait at home the whole entire day for nobody to show up?!?!?

Then I called again the following day, customer care said they will check to see if can reschedule for the next day and will call me back later. Guess what- no call received from customer care!

I called again the next day to check whether they are coming ? The customer care told me yes, coming today and they have also escalated this to their Head of Logistics and a note is given to the logistics team that they are to come to my place first thing from the warehouse and they will come between 11am -12pm. GUESS WHAT- NO SHOW AGAIN! Come on Courts, please don’t expect your customer to play the waiting game and wait and wait for you all to come fix a faulty product that your sales staff sold to us! We have been patiently waiting for 3 days! 2 appointments given but no one showed up!

Also, when the driver finally contacted us to inform when he is FINALLY coming, we checked with him and understand that he was NOT informed that he was suppose to come to our place first between 11am-3pm and that he was told to come later. SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS? How could you treat the customer like this? I used to purchase many things from Courts, however now I will think twice before I spend a single cent at Courts.

Desired outcome: Please get the Head of Logistics & Head of Sales to address this issue! It is really ridiculous to have this kind of service standards!

T
5:04 am

Courts Singapore - agreed delivery time not happening

1) the designated delivery time was 6(SIX) days from the day of purchase--which in this age of online shopping and delivery service, is considered really long;

2) on the day of delivery, no show after 2 hours from the designated time slot;

3) called customer care; the customer care consultant was not surprised that this happened, just said to not get our hope up for any delivery that day!

4) the time slot is, according to COURTS' invoice, a 'Confirmed Delivery Time Slot'. yet the customers should not expect the delivery of the purchased goods?

5) we had not pestered COURTS about the long delivery date, COURTS should at least have the decency to deliver our purchased goods as per agreed and stated by them!

6) so, if there is any alternate platform to get what we want next time, we would surely go for it even at a slightly higher price tag.

7) such unreliability does not work well for any company.

Desired outcome: the purchased goods to be delivered on the stated/agreed day. it's really very simple.

5:34 am

Courts Singapore - flexi plan

courts has been pestering me for payments, threatening that they’ll come up for house visits and what not.

first email to them after being notified to pay an extra $254 out of nowhere

hi there

can i ask why is courts charging $200+ for a $89 per month instalment? that’s at least 3 months worth of payments just for 1 month.

i made full remaining arrears of $109 that day (02/03/2022) while on the phone with one of your staff already that day but one of yall called my husband and ask for another $200+ on 22nd march.

i was told that there is no more outstanding and i just have to pay $89 every month.

so may i know what this $254.24 consist of for which month payment and a clear statement of my remaining balance before i make any payment?

thank you.

and they replied to ask me to call them. and this person, rani, just keeps asking me to see the statement first, dispute later.

so then she send me the statement, i read already, i still don’t understand and asked her to explain to me what this $254 is about before making payment. and this is her reply.

Dear

We are unable to accede your request.

Kindly pay the arrears amount of $254.24 latest by today to avoid hose visits from our representative.

Aside to ND ,

Kindly follow up closely.

Best Regards,

Rani

dude, you told me it was an external department that gave me the wrong information that i have cleared all my arrears on 02/03/2022, and i can dispute on that and you’ll explain what this $254 is about. what is this now?

Desired outcome: i would like an apology, and explain the part on $254. i will not repeat my request and the entire situation all over again. and i will pass this matter to CASE too.

I
1:23 am
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Courts Singapore - Flexi Plans & Airconditioner Installation - Misrepresentation by Sales Staff

I had engaged courts singapore a couple of years back to install airconditioning for my newly purchased HDB Resale flat, purchase was made under the Courts Flexiplan. It was discovered 5-6 months after the AC Installation that there were very bad leaks which occured due to incorrect installation of pipes for the airconditioner, Reached out to customer service and was told to check with Sales Associate, checked in with sales associate. Sales associate mentioned that indeed we purchased the upgraded pipes. Was told he would followup and no followup action was taken.

Subsequently calls to the sales associate remains unaswered, calls to customer service officers kept assuring action will be taken by them.

Things got so bad that the leak damaged my walls and flooring, and they still continued to ignore me and demanded i make payment.

I had written correspondences with them to resolve the matter but nobody replied and what did they do ? the sent a writ of seizure to me.

Please do not purchase from them under any circumstances, i highly do not recommend.

5:40 am

Courts Singapore - Sofa tear

My wife order a sofa at courts Jurong Point, after few weeks the leader start to tear. Courts ask someone to conduct an assessment but just replied that it is not repairable. After few more visit to courts Jurong point asking for the way ahead if courts are unable to resolve the issue. The staff still did not react on the issue.

Looking at the area that was tear it could be an design issue.

Desired outcome: Request that courts either refund or response to the issue.

H
6:53 am

Courts Singapore - Delivery never arrives

I ordered a mobile phone online on 28 Feb and delivery date was 14 March despite that stock is available. On 12 March, I received an email to inform that delivery date cannot be confirmed and will be advised further. I called customer service on 14 March and they say will follow up. No news and called again on 16 March to cancel my order. They explained that they are still trying to confirm the stock with supplier. Then they should not be selling something with no stock. I decided to cancel my order and was told it will need 2-3 days to process and I wonder how many more days to get my money back.

Desired outcome: I want my refund at the earliest date

Y
8:14 pm

Courts Singapore - Delivery and installation of wash machine

Super unprofessional installation services. I brought a wash machine from courts orchard store. When the guy came to deliver and install the machine, there is some leakage from the incoming pipe when connecting to the water tap. The guy said he cannot fix the issue and need to change the water tap. In the end he just left the machine over there and totally cannot operate. I have to find another plumber to install for me. And guess how was the resolution? My plumber just put one Gasket between the pipe and water tap and the leakage is resolved. What kind of person is the delivery guy? If you cannot do the correct installation, then why bother to sell wash machine in the store?

Overall Delivery 0/5

Installation 0/5

Professional 0/5

A
7:31 am

Courts Singapore - Furniture

I bought a sofa from courts singapore 6 months ago, reclainar was broken and after reporting service center they told me it will take 3 weeks for repair. When I asked for home repair or loan sofa they didnt give any option. Finally I agrees to return sofa and wait for 3 weeks, thay gave appointment and came to collect after the given time slot and condo management didnt allow them to come in. I am using broken sofa since last 3 weeks and it will take 1 more month to get it repaired. May I request you to arrange home repair or refund money?

Desired outcome: Home repair or refund

Update by Atchut achanta
Mar 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Hi, any update on this

Update by Atchut achanta
Mar 11, 2022 11:14 pm

still no word from your call center

D
7:17 pm

Courts Singapore - Sharp front load washer

Dear Courts,

On the 26th of Dec 2021, I have ordered a Sharp front load washer model: ES-FW85SG from Courts Megastore, 50 Tampines North Drive 2, Singapore 528766.

On that day, I was served by one of the Sharp sale representatives, Mr Andy.

At that point of time, I was totally taken off by the sleek and unique of the unit despite being surrounded with other brands of that similar specification.

After spoken to Andy, he has told me that the earliest delivery for this model is between 10thand 11th Jan 2022. Knowing that the waiting time is about 2 weeks and should arrive before CNY, I have no objection at all.

However, on the 7thof Jan 2022, Mr. Andy texted me via SMS (92374406) stated that the shipment will be delay till 26th of Jan 2022. I have raised my concern that for this period, I will need to rely on the laundry services outside to cater to my needs and have confirmed with him that the delivery on the 28th Jan 2022 is affirmed.

As much the inconveniences during this period whereby I must fork out my own expenses, time, and effort to bring it to the laundry, I am praying that the item will arrive on schedule.

Unfortunately, as much as I thought that such big and reputable company can uphold their services promises, another guy from Sharp which I cannot recalled his name told me that the shipment will be delay again. The delivery has push to 5th of Feb 2022.

To resolve the problem, I have feedback to the Courts online customer officer, Mr Jefferson to seek for a reasonable compensation. As Sharp representatives unable to give me a reasonable compensation despite only offered a waiver of delivery fee ($30) which I told them that most companies don’t even charge for delivery fee despite I have spent almost $80 for my laundry services during this period. Till to date, I have yet received update from Mr. Jefferson.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. I will wait until end of February before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or other assistance. Please contact me at 87952773 by phone should you need any further clarification.

Sincerely,

Desmond Yap

Tax invoices number: 928711804510

B
2:59 am

Courts Singapore - Coffee table

I bought a coffee table on 6 Jan and it was delivered on 25 Jan. When it was delivered, the deliveryman told me that he didn't bring the tabletop. He told me that someone else will bring it. I waited and waited and another deliveryman brought the tabletop after 8pm. However, he told me that he didn't have the stoppers between the tabletop and coffee table...

A
10:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Courts Singapore - Service from first salesman monn (not sure of spelling)

Came on evening of 17Jan 2022 to exchange my rice cooker which was faulty. Had the 1 to 1 exchange warranty. I have always supported Courts because of their excellent service. But yesterday experience was bad and sad to say as I found the first salesman was rather biased and trying to push certain Brand's only whilst bringing other good brands down without...

R
12:44 am

Courts Singapore - Air conditioner

My airconditioner was installed on the 10th of Jan. The morning after the installation, I checked the new installation and noticed that a major screw on the bracket of the air conditioner's compressor was missing (right hand side).

I informed Courts immediately on Tuesday when I visited the store in person (11 Jan) and also sent a Whatsapp message to Court's customer service agent on 12 Jan. However, up till now, I have received NO response from anyone or from the agent. What will happen if the bracket gives way?

Invoice no.: 8776 1458 1350

I expect a follow-up with a repair person to plug in the missing screw within the next 1 day. Should Courts not send me a satisfactory reply by the end of today, I will file a complaint to CASE as I do not wish to be liable for a faulty equipment installation.

View 0 more photos

M
9:22 am

Courts Singapore - Terrible service, rude staff, no accountability

I purchased a fridge and washing machine in late November 2021. As renovations were ongoing, I asked for the delivery to be done in end Jan 2022. The salesperson said he would schedule a delivery for 8 Jan 2022, the latest date available in the system then, and all I had to do was tell him closer to the date so he could reschedule it. On 10 Dec 2021, I...

7:20 pm

Courts Singapore - LG air conditioner

Courts Singapore installed the airconditioner for 3 years and till date the entire unit and installation pipping has water leaking issues and to make it worst the compressor has oil leak and could not be repaired. Courts Aircon department Mr fahmi only willing to replace the compressor and did not address the water leaking issues, th Aircon blower rusty and they disagree to change the Aircon to another brand as well. Mr fahmi directed me to file a complaint to Case or small claims tribunal. Anil - hp: 93384636

Desired outcome: Replacement to another brand

P
3:45 am

Courts Singapore - Delivery crop up/customer service poor attitude

I go toa payoh court on 23/12 bought an Hitachi refrigerator, should be delivered on 28/12.According to court, vender will call us 1 day before to cfm time slot. On 27/12 waiting until 4pm no news from vender, my son call court hotline to check, ur customer service staff seems unhappy hang up the call, so my son call 2nd time, ur customer service staff...

Courts Singapore contacts