Menu

complaints

Bath & Body Works Direct Complaints Summary

7 Resolved
370 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Bath & Body Works Direct with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bath & Body Works Direct has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bath & Body Works Direct. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Bath & Body Works Direct complaints 377

Sort by:

Newest Bath & Body Works Direct complaints

H
7:22 pm EST

Bath & Body Works Direct Body lotion

In ;December I bought 6 body cream products, 3 of Into the night and 3 of another one I think it had champagne in the name. I used the into the night but the first time I tried the other body cream I had an allergic reaction and couldn’t use it. I brought it back to the store and thought I could just exchange the 2 unused products. To my amazement I was cheated and only received 4.95 back. I use your products on a daily basis and will consider finding an alternative.

Claimed loss: I should have been able to get a return product in place of the ones I brought back.

Desired outcome: Change your policies to allow an even exchange

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Bath & Body Works Direct representatives only. If you are affiliated with Bath & Body Works Direct, please claim your business to access these details.

F
F
Frenare
, US
Feb 19, 2024 8:26 pm EST

Funny how you "forgot" to mention is that you had no receipt and they gave you the lowest price they sold it for.

C
1:21 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

bath and body works place an order on December 1, 23 and have not got item either the item or my money refunded. at this point I feel like i have not been treated honestl please do better Thank you for your purchase!3 Yahoo / Inbox bath & body works From: [protected]@notice.zhcartapps.com To: [protected]@bellsouth.net Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 4:20...

10:53 am EST

Bath & Body Works Direct Candle

I am writing to express my disappointment and concern regarding a recent purchase made online . I am a loyal customer of Bath & Body Works and have always been satisfied with the quality of your products , however my recent experience has left me quite dissatisfied . My order number is [protected] . When open the package I discovered that the candle Tiwsted Peppermint was severely damage . The glass container was shattered . I understand that accidents can happens during shipping but I was surprised to find the packaging insufficient to protect such a delicate form. I have attached photographs of the damage candle .

Hide full review

Is Bath & Body Works Direct legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Bath & Body Works Direct as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 1% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Bath & Body Works Direct stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Bath & Body Works Direct should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Bath & Body Works Direct earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Bath & Body Works Direct achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Bath & Body Works Direct. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Bathandbodyworks.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Bath & Body Works Direct website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bathandbodyworks.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Bathandbodyworks.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Bath & Body Works Direct, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Bath & Body Works Direct website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Bath & Body Works Direct has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 1% of 377 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the bathandbodyworks.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Bath & Body Works Direct. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
10:25 am EST

Bath & Body Works Direct Online scam

There is a Bath & Body Works Sale online, that is apparently not the “real thing”. When I contacted the actual company, it was made to be “funny” which it was not to me.. The lady was lagging on and on. Giving me all these excuses. She admitted the Real Company was aware of this site and couldn’t do anything.. Hogwash!

They have made no effort to Reclaim there name or reputation. How your name is used & what it represents is Your responsibility. There are no disclaimers or warnings anywhere.

I was scammed then scammed again by the uncaring response of Bath & Body Works..

Claimed loss: $17.00

Desired outcome: Want my order made good, want disclaimer to be be posted & an apology.

1:03 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just placed order #[protected] which shows a cart subtotal of $49.75 plus shipping of $6.99 and taxes totaling $3.12 for what should be a total of $59.86, BUT I was charged $140.86 which is $81 more that I should have been charged. I tried talking to a live agent but was told they couldn't find my order (yet I was already charged), when I asked to...

W
10:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My complaint is strictly about the conyers, ga bath and body works store. I usually order online and have delivered to hm but did a store pickup. I got my husband to pick up my order for me and when pulling out my order to add to gift bags I noticed 2 missing items: 1 hand soap and my free gift.. A soap holder. I called the store thinking a bag was left...

J
6:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a cute Fall CornPlug In and a Fall Leaf night light plug in. Both have leaked. The corn plug in leaked down my wall and onto my baseboards staining the white baseboard. The Fall Leaf night light plug in is in my kitchen plugged in above my counter top. I have to keep wiping the dripping oil off the counter. On both plug ins the oil refill has to...

2:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought 3 wallflower plugs just a few days ago. 2 of them work great and I'm very happy. One of them keeps falling partically out of every plug, like the apple on it is way to heavy to stay plugged in. Once I finally found one it would stay in, within an hour it was so hot to touch. This feels very unsafe and I have small children, I wouldn't want them...

M
10:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The incident happened on Monday, October 16, 2023. Me and my mother went to have a nice time at the mall and decided to go to this store (Bath & Body Works). We started to see very nice things. We saw a flyer that said buy 3 and get 1 free. So I decided to take 3 things and when I went to the checkout, the girl at the checkout scanned the 4 products, I saw...

P
10:10 pm EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct broken product

Last year when the new halloween decor came out I purchased the black candle holder that is a globe with a crow inside that lights up green. i absolutely love it and couldn't wait to pull it out for this season. it quit working though. so i only got to enjoy it for about 3 weeks. I'm very big on decor so i know how to properly store my things and always do so with care especially something like this that costed me almost 100 dollars. before i put it away last season i made sure to take the batteries out also. I shop with you guys and spend alot of money and that can be proven by looking into my account. i'm really hoping this issue can be resolved. Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope to hear back from someone.

Paige Large,

Desired outcome: I would love to send this one back and recieve a replacement if at all possible.thank you.

11:24 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’d like to know who the “GENIUS” was that decided to “DISCONTINUE” one of yr most POPULAR and FAVORITE products “SEA ISLAND COTTON”🤬🤬🤬🤬💔💔. I feel that this is yr cleanest and freshest products ever! The scent isn’t overwhelming or all fruity or flowery like some of yr other products. Sea island cotton can be worn by a child to a grandmother. I’ve alway...

C
11:52 am EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct not received order

On 8-18-23 I ordered several soaps, the recording keeps saying it would arrive on 8-30-23. The order number is [protected]. I tried calling the [protected] to speak to an associate and that keeps going back to the beginning recording and will not connect me to an associate, my daughter placed her order the day before and got her items 2 days later. Here it is 9-3-23 and I still have no idea if it will arrive or not. The tracking # is 9261292700584817506589. If this does not arrive soon, I will quit buying from bath & body works.

Desired outcome: receive my items that I purchased

J
9:22 am EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct Missing delivery

Order number [protected]
Ordered on 7/20/23
Tracking number 9261291700519369560796
Showing package arrived at Norton, MA on 8/1/23
No movement at all.
Please track package and advise me.
If I do not hear back I will dispute the charge with my credit card company.
I have tried to resolve this by calling the Customer Service number. After I input all the numbers it tells me it will be delivered 8/10.
If I want to speak to a Customer Service Rep press 1. When I press 1 I go back to the previous loop. Can’t get a live person on the phone.
Joan Gerrish
[protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: Response as to location of package or full refund of amount charged.

T
8:00 am EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct Shipping

I’ve used Bath & Body Works for years…. I’ve always said as much as we spend they need to offer free shipping like so many other merchants.

Today, I received a free product up to $16.95. I apply my reward number and I see shipping is $10.95 for ONE product. Wow really B&B! If I buy 11 wall flowers it only cost $5.99. What in the world are y’all up too!

I will NEVER shop with you again because of what you do and your unethical price gouging shipping costs. I will buy from eBay people instead of you.

Desired outcome: Stop the outrageous shipping costs for one product when you offer it free. If I receive a reward b/c I spend so much, then give it to me FREE.

Aug 22, 2023 12:53 pm EDT

The shipping has nothing to do with your purchase. It's an automatic response. Even if you buy 1.99 product it's still going to be 10.95. this also depends on where you live. The more you buy the better the shipping costs.

T
3:04 pm EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct Service

Went there to shop and while I was there was gonna get my 3 free lotion coupons I had . The woman at the counter was grouchy and didn't know how to take coupons another lady helped her figure it out and then she took my coupons and didn't even put one bottle of lotion in there. I got home looked she kept it out anyway. Not good service at all in Kingsport TN at the Town center

Desired outcome: I want a free coupon to take place of the one she left out .

Aug 22, 2023 12:55 pm EDT

I would definitely call this store ask for the manager. Explain what happened, get their name. They'll make it right. Never talk to an associate. Always talk to an assistant manager or manager. Please tell them the attitude you received.

A
12:01 pm EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct Wallflower fragrance refills & products

I purchased the Wallflower Fragrance Refills many times over the years from Bath & Body Works and have been satisfied with the product until just recently. I was informed by a family member that this product is unhealthy for dogs and cats. I researched this on the Web and found this to be true. After reading many articles that this is toxic to dogs and cats, in addition can also cause added allergic reactions in humans as well. With this being said, how can this product be available for purchase knowing this? I'm extremely upset about this and would like to return all of the product I have purchased lately, and over the years, which also includes the plug-ins.

I would like a refund of all the product currently have (includes plug-ins). 10 plug-ins, Christmas 4, 2 brand new not used. The other six, 2 are brand new and not used. 12/ 2 sets of Wallflowers (24), and 19 individual Wallflowers (4 of them used and pulled out after learning this).

Desired outcome: Refund. Will return product, upon refund.

Aug 22, 2023 12:49 pm EDT

None of their products are toxic to humans or animals. Whoever told you that or where you read this it's incorrect. As an employee of Bath and Body Works I can clearly say it's not toxic.

They won't refund you unless you bring everything in to any store. Talk to a manager.

9:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bath & Body Works Direct Online return with a receipt. Discrimation of disabled customers

The store policy clearly states and quoted below directly from their website.

At Bath & Body Works, we offer our customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, you may return products purchased from us that are in new, gently used or defective condition (due to materials or craftsmanship) for a refund, merchandise credit or exchange, subject to the terms of the Return Policy.

Any items(s) purchased online or by phone may be exchanged or returned in Bath & Body Works Stores located within the United States.

If you received a damaged, defective, or wrong item, please contact us right away.

WITH ORIGINAL RECEIPT: Ninety days or less from the original purchase date, credit card, debit card and PayPal purchase refunds will be issued based on the original tender; thereafter merchandise credit will be issued. Refund amounts are based on the purchase price shown on the original receipt (excluding any shipping and handling charges). All applicable promotions, discounts, offers, free items (as part of a qualifying purchase) and coupons granted at the time of purchase will be prorated and applied when calculating the refund amount. Your shipping confirmation email can be used as a receipt.

However as a disabled customer who does a lot of online shopping, i have been given extreme grief and absolute refusal from the stores to follow their own policy. In every instance, i had my original receipt yet the store said the only way to issue a refund of my unused products was to do a non-receipt return which means for a single wick candle i paid retail of $15.95 for that was a non seasonal basic label black cherry merlot i would only get $3.88 for and on top of that, i had to submit my license and would be treated like a non receipt return.

So i pointed out the hippocrisy of it when i returned the same item with a store receipt and it went through without any issue at a full refund amount to a gift card but the same candle purchased same price they refused to issue a gift card. This is nothing other than pure discrimination of your disabled members who due to health issues or whatever reason are unable to shop regularly online.

And so i will be escalating my complaints regarding my treatment at each store and BBW to the ADA and will no longer give BBW any of my business

R
8:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just left the bbw in Dallas at the Galeria mall, the woman named Brittany would not replace my defusers, the would not work she kept them and would not refund me or trade them out, she refused to give us the district managers name when I asked. I feel like she wanted to refuse service because of the way I looked. She was very loud and ghetto acting

7:15 pm EDT

Bath & Body Works Direct Wallflowers

Never had a problem with Bath & Body Works wallflowers until this year. Noticed a spot on my CEILING in a bathroom underneath where I had a wallflower plugged in. Felt the spot and it was sticky and the color of the liquid in the wallflower. I checked the other plugins throughout my house and found the one plugged in the kitchen under a kitchen cabinet had left a sticky residue and caused the wood to warp. I also feel something should be done to rectify this situation. I'm taking back all the wallflowers I have left and expect at the very least a full refund.

Desired outcome: A full refund.

10:41 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

6/10/2023 at 5:51 pm is the time of checkout at this location. I walked in, no one greeted me. I walked through the store several times, still no one acknowledged my presence nor offered to assist me. The manager acknowledged me after i'd been there for about 20 minutes. She told me about the sales and where they were located throughout the store. I thanked...

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Bath & Body Works Direct contacts