Basic Talk Phone Service Logo

Basic Talk Phone Service

Having problems with Basic Talk Phone Service?

Basic Talk Phone Service Customer Service Contacts

700 Nestle Way Ste 200
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
United States - 18031-1522

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Basic Talk Phone Service Customer Service. Initial Basic Talk Phone Service complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Basic Talk Phone Service above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Basic Talk Phone Service. Discuss the issues you have had with Basic Talk Phone Service and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Basic Talk Phone ServiceBasic Talk service interruptions

July 30, 2020 and two days, two weeks ago:
I have attempted to contact Basic Talk twice in July. Sudden interruption of service is accompanied by inability to communicate online thru their Technical issues link. Service went down again 8am Thursday, July 30. It is still down. I accessed the website, but links don't work and email cannot be submitted. It's as "dead" as my phone.
My questions have been: Why is the service going down? why are you not available to talk to or chat with? why don't you follow up with email? why can't I access my account using Chrome?(only through Firefox). I need to hear from Basic Talk immediately.
I leave my email but do not hear from them. All indications are that email is not going through. This is not a Covid issue - they are unresponsive - intentionally. My phone was down 2 days and again today. Yet, they will expect me to pay my bill in full.
Basic Talk is not communicating with customers during these times. I want credit on my bill for the service being down now 3 days total.

Basic Talk Phone ServiceCancelling

I spoke to a representative in november ‘this past year to cancel because I was moving and my roommate already had phone service. I continue to get billed every month sometimes 3 to 4 emails at once which I consider harassment. I have tried to call numerous times, get put on hold and then get disconnected everytime I call. I am getting tired of all the emails and don't know how to stop them

May 28, 2020

Basic Talk Phone Service — Message waiting feature stopped working

I have been calling basictalk (bt) for over a month but they still have not fixed anything. I no longer...

Basic Talk Phone Servicecancelled but still taking my money

On March 16th I called and cancelled my BasicTalk account. Two months later they're still taking the monthly fee out of my bank account. I tried logging into my old account but, naturally, they told me it was "cancelled" and I could not log in because my account was closed.

I called again today, May 9th, and was told by the boiler room agent in Mumbai, "Yes, we see in your account history that you cancelled on March 16th, but the agent left your account open until April 1st because you had already paid for the month."

So why are you taking my money? "Because the agent sent you an email advising you that your account was still open until April." But you took my money in April and now again in May. "Yes, but you got the email saying your account was still open." Right, just until May, right? "Let me talk to a supervisor." Dead air. "Sir? Sorry, we do not issue refunds for non-use of the service." But I cancelled March 16th, right? "Yes sir, I see that." So why are you still taking my money? "I'm sorry sir, we don't issue refunds."

Don't do business with basictalk!!!

• Pe
          peonybaby88 Apr 05, 2019

I signed up with Xfinity triple play in December 2015. That’s when my trouble began. I requested to have my number ported to Xfinity, except that Basic Talk refused to release the line (according to xfinity, they did not provide any sort of explanation or justification as they are legally required to do). As a result, for the past 3+ years, all my outgoing calls went through Xfinity, but all inbound calls went to basic talk and never rang on my home phone.

I was caught in the middle as both sides refused to take responsibility to complete the porting process. On the one hand, xfinity insisted that they’ve done all they can. Basic Talk owned my number and I needed to call Basic Talk and ask them to release it. On the other hand, Basic Talk reps (from the thick accents I’m assuming the call center is in India?) did not seem to have any knowledge or understanding of my requests. They just insisted that there is nothing to do from their end to transfer my service. I was also threatened with the possibility of losing my number if I were to cancel basic talk service out right. I was ping ponging between the two companies while paying two separate phone bills for a service I can’t use.

After a couple of years in this situation, I finally got fed up enough to cancel the service with Basic Talk, because at that point I’ve grown used to not having a home phone service anymore and I didn’t care if I lose my home #. I paid close attention to my credit card bill at the time to make sure that there’s no more charges from Basic Talk. Except the porting never happened and Basic Talk restarted billing my credit card again. I still don’t know when billing restarted, as I can only look back 6 months of credit card bill online. I Immediately filed a dispute with my cc (up to 3 months) and I asked AMEX to block Basic Talk from ever charging me again. I guess is the When Basic Talk finally canceled my account and released my number. As of yesterday Xfinity was finally able to port my number and my home phone is finally ringing again after 3+ years.

Lessons learned. If I had known that Basic Talk is run by such crooks, I should have called AMEX immediately when I leave and block all future billings. Looks like that’s the only way they let you go without overcharging you. That would have save me 3+ years of inconvenience and frustration not to mention double phone bills. If you are not yet a customer Basic Talk please do not ever consider using this company. If you are trying to leave, please make sure you block them from your credit card. As many people on this post experienced, they will never let you go unless your credit card company does something about it.

BasicTalk — porting old number to basic talk

Our landline is with Frontier and our phone number number has been checked as eligible to transfer to basic...

Basic Talk — Dishonest in billing

I purchased the basic talk unit from walmart two months ago. My billing date was on the 11th of each month. I...