Bank of Americascam and fraud!

D

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ge
    Gemma Dec 19, 2008

I made 2 wires in Australian dollars and Singapore dollars and was told the charge would be $35USD each, which would come out of my account. When the wires were received, an extra $12AUD and $14.81SGD were deducted from the wired amounts. This is very unethical as I specifically requested that the exact amounts be transfered and the $35 charges were to come out of my account. As a result, the payees are short and I now have to transfer the difference, again.
    Banking should be more transparent, no wonder the economy is in the state it is in - there must be many of these illegal deductions going on every day. I hope the new government will put in some reforms to make it illegal for banks to rip off customers like that

• La
    Laurie Dec 08, 2008

There is a reason - ITS THE CREDIT CRISES.

Don't let them lie to you and tell you it your credit report.

ALL THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ARE DOING IT and then lying to their customers stating it was due to changes in their credit reports

• Ti
    tippster Dec 08, 2008

I have been a very long customer of Bank of America and have a coulple credit cards from them. Well, my interest rates are always pretty low (around 8%) but last month they raised it to 16% for no reason! I always pay my bills on time, so of course I called to find out why. They said they raised my interest rate because I have too much other debt and that I should seeek a credit card consolidation company to help me out... whatever... my debt is almost all at 1.99 or 0% interest rates except for this particular card. They "claimed" they sent a letter telling me that they'd raise my interest rate if I did not cancel the card. Well, the same time this "letter" was sent, we were in the midst of a massive hurricane in the Houston area. She did not care. I never got the letter and they were no sympathic at all. So irritating. DO NOT GET A BOA CREDIT CARD!! They will screw you any way they can...

• Do
    doggysaywhat Nov 29, 2008

I agree completely. Their customer support is terrible. I tried to open an account with them through the online application on a Friday. On Monday, I received a phone call from a global consumer's fraud department during work hours and when I returned the call it was after hours since they are in Florida. I live in California. I contacted the representative in California from the number given in the emails and they were unaware of any notes on my new account and said that I would have 30 days from creation to make an account and that nothing was wrong with the account. A few days later I get another call from the Florida fraud department at home when I'm at work. The next day (Friday) I take an hour off work to contact them and see why they're trying to reach me. It turns out they closed my account since I was unable to be reached... I talk with the lady on the phone concerning this issue and she apologizes and tells me to contact my local branch and have them call her to deal with this situation. I go in to my local branch on Saturday and they tell me that they can't deal with this situation on Saturday because the department that handles this is closed on the weekends. They tell me to come back next week. I come back on Wednesday and am told that the bank manager is on vacation and to come back on Friday. I return Friday and am referred to the risk management department. They tell me that since I was unable to be reached they feel I'm a credit risk and will not re-open the account.

Then, the Executive Bank Manager tells me that their online applications are very bad and that I should have opened the account in person. She also tells me that this could negatively effect my credit rating. Finally, she says this happened to another person and that they were able to deal with it by having that person put up a $10000 year long cd and that might be an option for me.

All of this because some ### in the California branch couldn't tell me that there was a problem with my account.

I also never received any notifications through email or any other phone messages regarding what was happening other then to contact the Florida number at my earliest convenience.

Do not ever use this ### company for you banking purposes...their customer service representatives are rude, unhelpful, and grossly incompetent. They have little to no communication between their various departments and local bank managers have no control over problems created by a computer glitch or a crack in the system.

After nearly spending 3 full days to deal with this mess I took 20 minutes of my time to go to Wells Fargo and open an account.

So far...not one problem with them...

• Lu
    luc falies Nov 25, 2008

Hi,

Today is 11/25/2017 and it is 8:28 PM.
    A lady called twice. I pick up the second time. It was a woamn from Bank of America telling me that I will be receving a credit report from them and BOA will be monitoring my credit report and protecting my privacy and account info if anything happen to my credit rating. I will look into my frre credit report she will send and inform them of wrong info they will correct. I will have 30 days trial period.
    She asked me if I understood that I will receive this info and the credit report, and if I understood the ton of information she provided me she said in less. She waited for me to say yes, but of all what she said I remembered hearing that I will have "30 days trial period".
    I told her that I did not understand the purpose of her call and her intent clearly. Indeed, she was trying to make me agree and approve her service that indeed is a disguised offer that I never requested. She did say trial period of 30 days among all what she said about the service but she never said that I would be billed after 30 days.
    Fortunately I grab the "30 days trial period" out of the 200 words or more she threw at me concerning my credit report and them monitoring it. This only allowed me to step back and tell her I believe it was a disguised offer ... that is when she hang up on me.

Be careful to this CREDIT REPORT mailed to you and the bank monitoring it. It appears at first as if they are taking of a preventive and precautionary measure they want us to be informed off BUT it turns out to be a disgusied sale speech that only the words "30 days trial period" can reveal if you got them out of her rapidly delivered speech. So never say yes if you are not sure of what point she is making of her intent.

She never explicitly revealed the purpose of her call. And as a customer of BOA (having accounts with them), please do not hang up on me people of BOA ... even if you get caught at your own game!

I do personal business with you and my position as an accountant force me to do official business with you as well. So your residential startegy also impact your business customers.

Luc Falies

• Et
    Etchgod Nov 19, 2008

BofA claims no knowledge of this company AND no affiliation. They are full of crap! I have been "offered 2months worth of charges" credited back to my account and told to file a complaint with the "Fraud" dept @ B/A...Which doesn't have a phone# listing!!! Yet the polite little girl on the end of the line said she could transfer me directly to them at which time I got a voice recorded message that says they were busy and to call back later...Blow Me!

• Mi
    Millicent Carroll Nov 18, 2008

The B in BOA should be replaced with Bully. Is there a government agency to contact regarding their "prey on the poor" policy? At one point in time a bank could not charge more than 2 or 3 overdraft fees in one day. Now with the popular use of the debit card, they can keep Americans drain of their cash, starve their children, and increase the homeless rate all in a day worth of fees.

In today's economy, is it wise to prey on the customers or Americans for that matter (after all it is called Bank of America)?

Yet, I really would not want to put their golf memberships in jeopardy to help families can feed their children! Therefore, there must be a solution both the bank and the customers can live with -- without this bully situation BOA has created and govern by.

BTW -- I had to pay $35.00 or $0.01 transfer error. I transfered one penny short from my savings to my checking. What type of instution is this ___. Well I will let you fill in the blank.

• Valerie Nov 07, 2008

Customer Service through Bank of American should be renamed Customer Disservice. The Bank offers absolutely no flexibility with people who live pay check to paycheck. I was never in the habit of racking up overdraft bank fees until I started regularly using Bank of America. Most banks will allow you to transfer or deposit funds to cover any overage and not assess a fee if the transfer is made same day. Not the case with Bank of America. If your account dips under even for one second and you don't catch it BAM! $35.00 late fee. I think the combined total of dips under that I made was about $28.00 over the 6 months I've banked with them. Money was all put back into the account as soon as I was allowed to transfer it (an issue I'll address in a moment). That $28.00 has resulted in over $490.00 in fees. I feel like I have been raped by that bank! For people that live paycheck to paycheck this is NOT the bank for you! I was drawn in by the supposed ease of online banking but there are no atms or physical bank branches in my area. I cannot even deposit money through another bank's atm (bank of america doesn't allow it). In order to transfer funds from another account online there is a TWO day window. Which means even if I WERE to catch an overdraft before it happens there is no way I could actually get the funds into the account without driving over 100 miles to the closest branch. Some banks offer real customer service. Use one of those. DON'T use Bank of America.

• Ro
    ronni mandell Oct 31, 2008

Submit Free Press Release

[protected]:00:00

Connecticut Woman's Heartfelt Letter to Kenneth D. Lewis, CEO, Bank of America was never even acknowledged.
    Despite her sincere attempt to communicate with Mr. Lewis directly, he simply sent it to the mortgage department of Countrywide Home Loans in California, where no real solutions are available.

(PressMethod) - It was a 3 page letter stating all events leading up to the existing situation of her being a distressed homeowner seeking many solutions to keep her home.

Mrs. Mandell has been working with U.S. Senator Dodd of Connecticut, Attorney General, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and many other lawmakers, government departments in trying to resolve something viable that will help you unusual and trying situation which looks rather dismal at this point, especially when the letter was just shuffled out of Mr. Lewis's office to California.

When a CEO of Mr. Lewis's stature simply ignores a woman's plea for help, it just illustrates the atmosphere of corporate America as being strictly business and uncaring to the hardships faced by middle America.

If there is anyone in out there that can supply real assistance and who will take the time out of their busy day to read or listen to her story, please contact her at: [protected].

I am a friend of her and her husband and I took the time to call the executive offices of Bank of America in North Carolina and that is when I was told that her letter was received and just sent to California by a woman in Mr. Lewis's office that I can only descibe as not being a contender for Ms. Congeniality.

Mrs. Mandell is under great stress and is reaching the breaking point, especially after having to withdraw her funds from her dwindling 401K plan to catch up with the payments and the stock market declines are taking care of what is left by slowly eating it away. Truly a formula for disaster and heartbreak for Mrs. Mandell and her husband.

This is the same company that has vowed to make every effort for all homeowners that they serve to keep their homes even if it means lowering interest to 2.50%, considerably lowering the principal on homes that are sinking in value by the day and eliminating pre-payment penalties with terms of up to 5 years or all three of the above unconditionally. They've even promised to make sure the payments do not exceed more that 34% of the monthly income of the homeowners. Tall promises by a company that has a lot to prove since they've taken over the helm of the infamous Countrywide Home Loans.

Many people in this country are facing the same challenges more or less and it's up to the government and the lenders to provide real help after shelling out large sums of money to bailout all the culprits that lived high on the hog while they drove the economy into the ground.

Can they meet the challenge and do they want to? We must all stand in judgment of their sincerity and only time will tell.

William Pappas
    on behalf of Mrs. Ronni D. Mandell

CONTACT INFORMATION

Mrs. Ronni D. Mandell

Email Us

[protected]

• So
    so sadd Oct 30, 2008

you're right- corporate america gets rich off the rest of us. BOA is too big. they have the worst customer service, wish they would go bankrupt. Oh yeah, the gov't would bail them out anyway.

• Kk
    kkkk Oct 28, 2008

Since BOA has taken over Lasalle Bank in Mi, it has been a nightmare. Your ability to correct any mistakes made to your account is non exisitent. I have tried for over a week and a half to correct a problem that occured due to a BOA error, and have been unable to reslove it. I really thinks BOA needs to understand if it was not for it customers there would be no BOA

• Ro
    robin Oct 28, 2008

I have been a customer of MBNA since 1994 which always had reasonable rates 8% to 9% since Bank of America bought them the rates have been consistently going up requiring numerous phone calls to keep them reasonable. On my last statement it was 12.99% bad enough then I get the statement this month and it up to 27.99!!! I understand this is happening to many, many customers. I believe they are doing this to customers that they know pay on time in order to recoupe loses for their bad business deal ie: Countrywide purchase and bad house loans in general. This has got to be illegal. PLEASE LAWYERS ADVISE. THANKS!! B of A make up any lame reason for increase even if you pay on time and more than minimum.

• Di
    Diane Oct 22, 2008

As a business owner I have all my accounts with Bank of America. My payroll checks are drawn on this bank. The new policy is that there is a $6.00 fee to cash a check that is drawn on Bank of America. I was told the reason is to improve customer service. Am I not a customer? I deposit over $1, 000, 000 anually and expect that my employees should be able to cash their paychecks. Additionally, I went inside the bank today with a problem and sat there for over 35 minutes without being seen by an account rep. WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE?? This bank's service has declined dramatically in the 6 years I have been with them.

• Valerie Oct 21, 2008

Bank of America provides zero customer service or help of any kind to long term customers with accounts in good standing. While attempting to deposit my payroll check at a BofA ATM machine, the machine took my card and wouldn't give it back. I couldn't make my deposit either. I called the BofA toll free number. All I got was excuses and patronizing lip service. They refused, despite my specific request, to send a bank employee to my location to retrieve my debit card from the machine. That was "against their policy". A manager I asked for then told me the same thing and refused to help in any way.

People beware! If you use Bank of America, you are on your own if you encounter any problems like this. They will NOT help you in any way. They will do nothing whatsoever for you.

• Valerie Oct 05, 2008

Juniper sold to B of A, couldn't pay either on-line as neither site would accept payment. Spoke with BofA "you don't owe anything this month." Today received call from a cred coll agency. They say I am in arrears. They want last month's payment which I sent to other creditors. NEVER BELIEVE THIS HOCKUM! I proceeded on my merry way and now have BofA claiming I missed a payment. I think this might be a scam. I'll send them the money due but I HATE the way they treated me..and so HATE THE ###...

• Valerie Sep 22, 2008

Bank of America credit card services lied about a repayment plan that was to have me pay a larger sum of money than I could really afford in order to have interest and late fees taken off my account if I reached a goal. Instead, when I reached the goal, none of the interest or late fees was removed. I made the increased payments for three more months with the credit card services people telling me to wait another month whenever I called.

I felt like I was being strung along and probably was while those who lied to me were getting reinforced to do so by bonuses and rewards for getting their stooge to pay more per month than should have been necessary.

• Valerie Sep 01, 2008

Bank of America has absolutely no shame. Seems they have removed all power from your friendly branch office and given it to the most incompetent group of immature idiots I have ever run across. Some of their little tricks are to freeze your account under the guise that you have suspicious transactions. They will automatically freeze your account if you have over ten transactions in one day. Imagine beith out for dinner with your boss. You offer to pick up the tab, but you can't. One of the idiots has decided to freeze your account. So you call in to their crack customer support area where you will be abused, laughed at because you are stuck at a restaurant with a frozen credit card or even better, left on hold for over 1/2 hour.

What a prize this Bank is to America.

• Ta
    Tansy Aug 29, 2008

I have had exactly the same nightmare and have wasted an inordinate amount of time and energy trying to get this $75 off them. Fortuantely, we kept a copy of the coupon code, otherwise as you say we would not have had a chance. Today, after 149 days, and probably about the same amount of phone calls, I have been told that a check has been issued to me... although I won't believe it until I see it in my hands. I am in the process of moving all my money to another bank and I will be writing to the FDIC to complain. I know it's only $75, but it's the principle. The service from this bank has been appalling. I wonder how many people ever actually receive their $75?

• Valerie Aug 25, 2008

Bank of America started ripping me off on my credit card approximately one year ago. I was making payments via my online banking (another bank) every 4 weeks, like clockwork. However, apparently my payments eventually got ahead of the "statement" date since the statements are generated every 28 days. Two payments posted to my account on the same month. And every month, thereafter, BOA considered me "late" until I caught this.

by the time I caught up with this (was getting Ebills and no reason to log in a look since I wasn't using the card), BOA decided I was a "credit risk" and raised my interest rate to nearly 40% apr. Yes, you read that right: forty.

Suddenly, my minimum payments were a mortgage payment. However, I continued to pay them. I even decided to use their automatic payment system "bill pay". Again, I suddenly get a statement that shows I am past due, 2 months worth. I call, and find out that they've been applying my payment to a "corporate card" in my name which I have NO access to pay. But none the less, after many many calls, they transfered the money back. But the interest stayed as well as late fees.

Soon after, my payments were up to nearly $500 per month, minimum. I could not make these payments. I called customer service, held for ungodly times to be disconnected by the dept who could help me.

I sent emails via their online banking. I pleaded for someone to help me pay this down!! I didn't want to default on this card.

Finally after several calls, being bounced around, I was transfered to the correct dept. I spent nearly 1/2 hour of my time to give all my financial stats. IT was determined by this gentleman that my payment would be $200/month. It would freeze my account (close it actually). But would lower the interest rate to make it possible to pay this off. He said it would take about a week to process. I had to give him my checking account info and agree to automatic withdrawals from my account. We agreed on the 15th of the month.

A few days later, as agreed to, BOA withdrew $200 from my account. I presumed all was well.. Whew, what a relief to get this finalized...

A week later, I received a call from the BOA collection dept telling me that I was past due. They had received my $200 (thank you very much) but I still owed $700 in fees, etc. be "caught up". I gave the agent the schpeal on the whole plan I set up, etc. He advised that it probably just hadn't made ti to their dept. No love lost afaic.

A week after that, another call. Same thing...I was told, "oh, sorry - we'll note this on the account".

Ok, so it's fixed now, right?

Today, I recieved yet another call. Now, I'm realizing that indeed there is a problem. After several calls to different depts, I was informed that there was no way to fix this problem internally. That "I" have to call the Customer Service Assistance team. But, of course, they aren't in due to the weekend and holidays, etc. This allegedly is the dept who set up my "payment plan".

I am so frustrated. I want to pay this card off. But they simply do not seem to want to let me. First it was because I paid "too soon". Now they just continually give me the runaround when I try to work something out with them.

They claim that none of the departments have access to each's systems and notes. So there is supposedly no way for a dept to check and see if I'm indeed "on a plan". Even though I am obviously on a plan since THEY are taking my money out of my checking account monthly.

My CC limit is $9900. And now thanks to their fees due to THEIR incompetence, I'm over 10k now.

This is just plain abuse of consumer credit. I'm sickened by it.

As a contrast, Discover called me when I went a bit over my limit to see if they could help. I spoke with one person, and viola, I was setup and got it paid down in a few months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sh
    shell Aug 18, 2008

I am changing banks too. I went to my local Bank of America to talk to a banker he told me you couldn’t really go by what your online banking says that it was not accurate. They sure do advertise it a lot for it not to be accurate as of June bank of America has stolen 115.00 out of my account.(attempted to take 360.00)They did credit me back this week 245.00 try to talk to them they can and should give you your money back. As for me I am cutting Bank of America out of my budget.

Joe Aug 08, 2008

The new ATM that the Bank of America has installed have my a deposit that would normally take only 30sec into a 10min ordeal. I have to scan my card for every transaction should I need to make a change and the line of people waiting is discourteous to their customers. Where the bank operators thinking at all with they made this change. Bring back the old machines or I am looking to move my accounts.

• Valerie Aug 08, 2008

Applying for an account with Bank of America will probably get you an account, but not the one you applied for.

I applied for a line of credit with the advertised rate of 8.99% interest rate, my credit score is in the high 700's.

I was denied credit.

I received a 10, 000 credit line with a 21.99% interest rate 4 weeks later that I didn't apply for.

When I phoned they closed the account but refused to remove the tradeline from my credit report.

Thus it shows me opening and closing an account. For those of you who aren't familiar with reading credit profiles, this looks unfavorably when applying for credit.

Apparently 8.99% is false advertising, or only one available at this cost (like a car dealership).

Also, opening an account without your permission/authorization may be considered fraud.

If you experience this or another issue with Bank of America which you believe is unfair business practices file a complaint with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston TX [protected] fax: [protected]. http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm will take you to the online complaint form.

• Ca
    carl Aug 01, 2008

i hate the new atm machines, every time i go to the bank at least one of them is not working, the last time i went out of five machines 4 were not printing reciepts and the 5th machine was not taking deposits, if a check has been folded or has a little rip it will not take it, these machines suck it takes more than double the time to use them!!!

• Valerie Jul 28, 2008

The other day I looked at my Bank of America checking account and found out that I was $19.00 overdrawn on my account. Four transactions had caused me to go over only $19.00. I couldn't figure out why I had gone over so I went back and looked at my statements and found that back in May 2017 that I was charged an overdraft fee, yet my account never showed to be overdrawn.

I went to talk to the branch manager, but he was out of town so I talked to one of the Banks financial managers. He told me that it was because I had gone over my limit. My account showed to be in good standing and he said that was because the same day that I went over that I made a deposit, but the deposit was after I made the transaction.

For years, Bank of America has maintained that if you are able to bring your account current before anything posts that you will not get any fees. However, the financial manager told me that they had just introduced a new policy stating that if you go over your limit you will get a fee and it doesn't matter if you get funds into the account the same day or not.

After this I showed him that the same thing happened in June 2017 where I went over and brought it current the very same day, yet there was no fee assessed. I asked him why I got a fee in May but not for June and he could not tell me. He told me that I would have to talk to the branch manager, the one who was out.

I came back and tried to talk to the branch manager but he was still out. So they told me to talk to the second financial manager who told me the exact same thing as the first, but like the first person I talked to, as soon as I presented my case about doing the same exact thing twice but only getting a fee the first time, she just threw up her hands and told me that I needed to talk to the branch manager.

I came back into the bank the following Monday to talk to the branch manager, yet he was still not back and I was told that he would be the next day. By this time the four transactions that caused me to go over by $19.00 had each received a $35.00 fee so my account was now over by $159.00.

I went to another local branch and talked to their branch manager. After presenting my case to her she sided with me and said that I should have not gotten any fee back in May. She told me that she would credit me back the $35 dollar fee from May. Now I thought that this would automatically cancel out the others. After all, if I had not gotten the $35 dollar fee back in May by account would have been in the positive by $16.00 and I would have never gotten the other four fee's. However the next day when I check my account, not only was my account still over, Five more transactions had come in over night and each one of them had a fee of $35.00 tagged on to them. So now my account was over by almost $400 dollars.

I called the bank and told them what had gone on and that I talked to a girl named Debra, a branch manager, who said that she was going to remove the fee from back in May. I asked why it did not erase the fee's that I have currently and I was told that all fee's had to be removed manually. I asked if I could get the others removed and I was told YES. I was placed on hold and after a few minutes the person comes back on the line and tells me that his computer will only allow him to remove 3 of the fee's. I asked him why and told him that if I had not gotten the very 1st fee then my account would not have gotten 4 more fee's which caused the $140 dollars in fee's to come in which in a chain reaction caused 5 more transactions to come in overdrawn causing $175 dollars in more fee's. The person that I was talking to told me that they understood my situation but that they could not remove any more fee's. By the time that I got off the phone it was about 5:30 and my local branch was closed so I decided to go back into the local branch the next day.

The next day I go into my local branch and talk to the branch manager who was finally back from his vacation. I talk to him and tell him my whole situation. My wife also had come into the bank with her payroll check which would have put us way into the positive but only if the fee's would be removed. If the fee's would not be removed then my wife's entire paycheck would get eaten and we would have still been in the hole about $150 dollars. After talking to the branch manager, he too sided for me and said that he would remove 'some' fee's. He too said that the computer would only allow him to remove 3 fee's and that I would have to call the bank call center to get all the fee's removed. He told me that the call center had the power to remove all the fee's but that at the bank they did not. I don't understand why he did not call the call center for me but whatever. I asked him why I had gotten the one fee but not the other and like all the rest, he tried to explain what he 'thought' might have happened, but wasn't for sure. He even told me, just like the first manager that I talked too, that if I am able to bring my account current the same day that my account goes over that I would not get a fee. So did I cause my account to go over, YES and I admit that, however as soon as I realized it I brought my account in good standing the very same day by depositing money back into my account. This I was told would not have given me a fee, yet I got one. Remember that I went over and brought it current the same day both in May and June, but only got a fee for May. Remember that my statement also shows that back in May that I never went overdrawn on my account because I made this deposit. Same thing goes for June.

I called the call center again and talked to a woman and explained to her what was going on with my account. She refused to refund any more fee's because she explained to me that I have had over 20 fee's removed off of my account in the past 3 months and that there was nothing she would do about the current situation. I asked her even if 2 different branch managers had decided that this current situation wasn't my fault and all I got was an 'I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do'.

Let me back up. I'm sure that your wondering why she said over 20 fee's. True, however two months ago back in May my niece had a baby. My wife and I went to the gift store and bought a $7.00 stuffed animal for her and the newborn. When I checked out a local volunteer, an elderly woman about 95 yeas old had checked us out. Mistakenly she charged my account $700 dollars instead of $7.00. Mistakes happen and I know this so I wasn't mad because I knew that it would all work out and that any fee that I got(because my account was now overdrawn) would get credited back to me. I went and talked to a hospital manager and she immediately refunded the $700 and charged my account the correct amount of $7.00. It took about two weeks for the $700 credit from the hospital to go back on my account. During the time of waiting, the bank had charged me 12 fee's and one overdraft fee, a total of $430 dollars. As soon as the $700 dollar credit came in from the hospital came in I called the bank in which they gave me credit for all $430 dollars. No problems what so ever. So that's why the lady that I was talking to said that I had over 20 fee's.

I tried to explain this to the lady that I was talking to and told her that the incident with the hospital was not my fault and two branch managers have sided with me that this current issue is not my fault either and have refunded $245 dollars worth of fee's but says that the call center has to remove the rest. However this lady refused to hear me out. In total I have talked to at least nine people and Bank of America refuses to remove any more fee's. The incident with the Hospital has marked me a a terrible customer who can't handle their finances even though it was not my fault and so has this current issue who at least 3 people, 2 of them managers, have told me that it wasn't my fault. If it is not my fault, then why won't Bank of America remove the fee's that I have gotten. This all boils down to one fee in which I was told by two different managers that I should have not gotten. But because I have had so many fee's removed the bank has marked me as a terrible customer and won't remove any of the fee's. If all the fee's were removed they I could get my account back in good standing. Bank of America has even started rejection payments and giving me a fee every time that they reject a transaction. The fee's keep coming yet there is nothing they will do even though I was told that it WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!

• Valerie Jul 24, 2008

I have been banking with BofA for 15 years. Recently the grossly overpriced fees have been getting to me financially. A few months back I was late on two payments to a credit card held by BofA. About two months later the bank closed the account and raised the minimum payments from about $700/ month to $1900/month. Well, now I am unemployed with no way to pay them off. Now they are sending me to a collection agency after "trying to help". If they had not closed the *** account in the first place, I would have been ok. Do not bank with this company, when times get rough they send their henchmen to get their money with no regard for the consumer.

My wife and I would have been doing well, except for this housing crisis caused in part by the *** banks giving everyone in the world credit and mortgages. Now they are getting the *** credit card holders with only minor blemishes.

Soon, I will be closing my other credit and bank accounts with bank of America. Adios to you BofA. Thanks for cleaning my family and many others out of their hard earned cash.

• Valerie Jul 23, 2008

I want to complain about the "new" ATM's that are at my branch. These new machines do NOT allow for any privacy for deposits or withdrawals.

If I dont complain about it, then nothing gets done to change these machines back to a secure screen. I have forbid my wife from any transactions thru the ATM because anyone behind you or even to the side can SEE exactly what is on the screen.

Also with the scanned deposits, anyone that may loose that transaction sheet could have issues with all the names/addresses/phone numbers that show on the screen receipt.

Did ANYONE at bank of America even think all of this thru, I have only 10 mins with the machine making a deposit and withdraw and seen all these security issues!

I would like a response back letting me know if this is how it is going to be with the ATM, (unsecured) because if it is, I need to re-think our banking. (And I do know that Bank of America doesnt care of the people that have been with them for 37 years.. just another account, to BofA)

• Valerie Jul 23, 2008

I went to the Bank of America branch in Lilburn, GA on July 22, 2017 to make a deposit consisting of some cash and checks. I am a server so I have a lot of ones in my deposit but I counted them in to two stacks of $100 consisting of mostly ones but some fives. I counted the money at least 4 times to ensure it was 100% right.

I went through the drive through window to make my deposit even though I thought it probably wasn't a great idea to deposit cash through the drive through. I sent my money to the teller and a couple of minutes later she says that the cash only comes out to $196 and if I want to make the deposit I will have to give them an additional 4 dollars.

I tell the teller that I have counted the money numerous times and tell her to send the deposit back. I pulled forward to recount the deposit and magically $4 in cash is missing. If she was going to steal I would think that she would have at least been smart enough to steal an even amount. I know it is just $4 but it could have been a lot more.

I went in to the bank and closed my account where they proceeded to tell me that I should keep the account open and just do business at another branch. What a joke, what is wrong with this bank that they would rather loose me as a customer than get the $4 from their teller and keep the account open. They can have the $4 but I am taking my account somewhere else.

• Ka
    kat Jul 22, 2008

my boyfriend received the same letter, dated July 15th saying his account is going to be restricted in 21 days and closed 7days later. We took the letters to the bank, the rep called and got no answer. All he could say was it was N. Carolina #? and to keep trying. We called and there was only an answering service, saying to leave a message with name, #, and description of phone call. They called him back and said they had no idea why the accounts will be closed soon, just said "maybe they just want to end their relationship with you." Regardless of if this is a scam or not, he is closing his account this week. The reps at the bank should be aware of all the potential scams that are out there and protect their customers!

• Am
    AmberK11 Jul 21, 2008

My boyfriend and I had just moved to California in February. We were banking with PNC in Pennsylvania and they aren't located in CA. I went with BOA because that is where my job banked so I figured that it would be easier. There was also a $75 coupon in the Val Pak for new checking accounts. So I went to the office, set up my accounts and he stapled my coupon to the back of the paperwork said that it would be there in my account in about 30 days. So, 30 days rolls around- nothing. 60 days rolls around- nothing. I called the number that is on the website and heaven forbid I speak to an actual person- I finally get to a person and they said that unless when he set up my account, he entered the code- they can't do anything about it.

I am in the process of looking for a new bank- all over $75 that they won't give to me.

• Je
    Jennifer Jul 21, 2008

No, it isn't contradictory. The 3.99% is a promotional rate. The 10.99% rate is your purchase standard rate; he was just able to lower it from 15.99%

• Valerie Jul 18, 2008

We took advantage of the supposedly interest free offer we received in the mail. There was a fee of 3% for the balance transfer, which was unusually high since it had no cap, but not unheard of.

When we got our first bill, there was 21.24% interest charged on the loan fee of $360. It was on the bill as a cash advance. I thought it must be a mistake, but no, they informed me that's what they intended. And the interest started accruing from day 1 of the advance. Isn't that cute? So for $3.60/month in interest they have royally pissed me off and I will tell everyone I think might need to know about this ridiculously greedy practice. One would think that with their bad rep in the news these days, they'd realize it's counterproductive to nickel and dime their customers in this manner.

• Valerie Jul 15, 2008

At the advice of a credit counseling service that is non profit I made arrangements with the 5 credit card companies I had cards with. BOA is the only one that is not paid off in full to this day. They actually collected 300.00 per month for one year while they decided whether they could accept the agreement. None of which went for the balance. I have paid over 5000.00 and still my balance has not gone down. It is the only card service which was unwilling to work with me to get my debt paid off. They are predators.

• Mi
    mike g Jul 02, 2008

I've been banking with bofa for over 10 years now. Last week I received a letter informing that both my personal checking and business checking accounts were closed. No explanation was provided as to why. The only phone number provided was [protected]. I have called this number every day trying to get a hold of someone, but noone ever answers (even during their stated business hours) and noone ever returned my messages. I had the local branch manager look into this and they were not able to get any answers either. This is absolutely ridiculous! Bank of America is run like a scam.

• Valerie Jun 27, 2008

We got overdraft in our BOA account and instead of them letting us know they charged us $35 for every transaction! Most of which were between $2-$5 transactions! My husband calculated that for $22 in overdraft they charged us $250!!! I do all my banking online and check it every couple of days! When I checked it the morning before it was fine! We called them and they stated that it kept letting us post transactions with our debit card because the payments were pending at the time they were run as credit. So the next day we end up paying nearly $250 in fees! We finally got notices in the mail a week after they had already charged us. They couldn't call us and let us know. I am PISSED! And I will deffinitely change the bank!

Jack Turken Jun 11, 2008

We had a CD with Bank of America that apparently was scheduled for roll-over the first week of June, 2017. No notification was sent until [protected] when we were out of town. I called the officers telling them that less than two week notice of renewal was not standard, especially since the rate of return offered was considerably lower than comparable banks. The bank officials I spoke with were completely inflexible despite their agreement that the usual time of notice was at least twenty days. The penalty to terminate the CD would offset any gains in placing the money in another bank. I will NEVER deal with Bank of America again.

• Valerie May 19, 2008

I apply for a loan with BOA and they lied about the interest rate they reassured me it was going to be 8.99, and it was 15.99 They lied I kept asking if the interest was ever going to change and she said no that it would stay at this 8.99 and when I got statement the interest was 15.99 not the 8.99 as promise, my Husband called

The Supervisor would not let my husband get a word in and he had to asked her to stop talking so he could tell what the other lade had said.

• Valerie Apr 25, 2008

I hate the fact that they would hold the pending transaction for 2 days it messes up my balance. I also hate the fact that they would clear big amounts first before the small amounts. Imagine if you have 6 pending transaction and another check is coming into clear and you don't have enough money to cover the pending one they will first pay the big ones before the little and charge you $210 dollars for that 6 transaction. $210 is going into their pockets. I hate Jonahtan Gilber #1580 He's the manager of customer service at Bank of America who will not reverse 1 nsf fee.

chris Mar 02, 2008

Delores,

I feel for you, but you are mistaken. A debit card, yours or his, will not decline on a point of sale purchase. The old days of decline when ATMs were new, are over. They will go under and debit in overdraft every day your over.

Your card would not stop at $0, I assure you. They have made it much harder to train kids and teens and young adults to adapt to the checking because of this.

There are some banks that have a very generous minimum requirement for young adults (like college, etc) student accounts. They require like $200-$400 on a debit for buffer only and will sound the red flag when that is broached. You can set up email alterts, too, but if hes a fast spender, the email will take about 24 -48 hours to get to you, long after he went negative.

chris Mar 02, 2008

Yes, we will contact you immediately. We have learned nothing from being stung and require further abuse to drive the point home. We deserve what we get, right?

Thank god for your assistance to save us all.

• Sh
    Shirley Chow Feb 25, 2008

When I first transferred my balance, they told me the rate would stay 3.99 until the balance is payoff. I did transfer over $20K balance about 7 or 8 months ago. Two months ago, I asked them if I needed to xfer another $ 2017, is the rate still the same until I pay off. They replied yes, so I transferred the 2k. This month, when I received the statement. It went up to 15.99, the min. payment went up from approx. $300 to $ 600. I called they said they never offered this kind of rate until you pay off. The rep. said that he could lower it to 10.99, but I still had to pay the 15.99 for that month. So I asked him, how long this 10.99 will last? He said until you pay off the balance and maintain the account in good standing. Isn't it contradicting to what he said before?