Badoo Premiumbeing charged the premium service that I never authorized

B

I made a purchase for 100 credits for $2.50 and when checked my banking the next day, I was also charged for the lifetime premium service of 144.99, which I did not authorize or click on. When I contacted customer service I was given there generic reply that all purchase a are non refundable and that I must have clicked on it with their one click method. This is 100% not true or accurate. I understand a nonrefundable purchase and their policy but I did not consent to the lifetime premium purchase or authorize this charge which is why when noticed the next day on my statement, I am seeking this payment be reversed! So far no help from customer service.

RESOLVED

• Badoo's response · Apr 30, 2018

Thanks for your review.

It seems you linked your payment details when you made your purchase of credits and then proceeded to purchase Badoo Premium. As you had linked your payment details, this will have been charged to your stored payment method as explained in the terms presented to you when purchasing your Credits.

Please send us a message with your registered email address and I'll see if there's anything else we can do for you here to resolve this situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jake - Badoo Customer Support

• Badoo's response · May 30, 2018

Thank you for contacting us.

Since you linked your payment details to your profile when purchasing a service in the past, you agreed to our Terms and Conditions which enabled you to access all of the Badoo premium features with just one click. This is designed to make purchases more convenient to the user.

Please see the following extract from the Terms and Conditions you agreed to:
    "You can access all of Badoo premium features with just one click when you make a payment on Badoo using a pre-authorised payment method"

If you would like to prevent this from happening again, please ensure you unlink your pre-authorised payment details from your account in your payment settings.

• Ba
    Baggy1 Nov 06, 2018

I disputed the transaction with Amex and within a couple of days I received my £120 back.

Andy Leeds Nov 06, 2018

On the mobile they have a habit of bring things up to intercept clicks meant for other links, if you have card details stored with them they say you have enabled one click ordering and cannot cancel it.
    Get all your details together and start a joint claim.

James Pruss Feb 10, 2021

@Andy Leeds I've had this same issue twice. There seems to be a keystroke error or something that facilitates this error.

• Ba
    Baggy1 Oct 26, 2018

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Clicked on the purchase credits button (£3) put in my paypal details and was charged £119.99 for premium. Totally outrageous practice. Obviously have emailed company but not expecting much. So will attempt a chargeback on AMEX. Going to also report to UK trading standards and leave review in Google play highlighting this practice. Needless today I won't be using the app again. Don't forget to switch off auto renew else you might be charged again.

John3288 Oct 01, 2018

I was also charged 89, 99 Dollars for a premium subscription I certainly never purchased or consented to. Customer service just refers me to their Terms and conditions citing one-click method. This is completely unacceptable and I demand full refund for something I never purchased nor wanted!!!

• Dm
    DM8 Sep 08, 2018

Same thing happened to me guys: I selected the one day badoo premium at 1, 99 but they charged for lifetime. This is a fraud, what can we do about it?

• Wu
    Wull Nov 22, 2019

@DM8 This happened to me, I opened for one week and they basically stole £119 of my money with an unauthorised lifetime subscription. Does anyone have any answers to what can be done to get money back.?

• El
    El Woodie Jun 01, 2018

the same here, charged lifetime without even knowing or authorising it! disgusting>>went to black list on line apps

• Wy
    wydadman Apr 26, 2018

I can easily believe you as I had the same bad experience with an anauthorised payment! these guys are thiefs! Something should be done against them! How can they keep stealing without impunity???

• Ho
    Horacy Kędzierzawy May 29, 2018

@wydadman #metoo, they charged me 4 days ago for badoo lifetime, but I didn't order it