Having problems with Badoo?

Badoo Customer Service Contacts

City Business Centre 25 Lower Road
London
United Kingdom - SE162XB

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Badoo Customer Service. Initial Badoo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Badoo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Badoo. Discuss the issues you have had with Badoo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

BadooProfile blocked for no reason

So I had this guy message me and he asked me to go on cam to show off my body. I just unmatched him and carried on because I'm used to getting creepy and unwanted messages from guys, as I'm sure most woman are! And then this guy had reported me and my account was permanently blocked! I even contacted Badoo about what had happened and they continued to inform me that my account was forever blocked. I've been on this site for years and one angry guy ruined that so easily? I'm going to stick with POF or Hinge or Tinder or anything else that isn't Badoo!

• Badoo's response · Jan 19, 2021

Hey there,

Oh no we are sorry to hear about your situation. We assure you that we would not block you for somebody else's mistake. Our moderators carefully go through each report.

If you would like us to look into this again for you please contact us on @BadooHelp with your registration details and we will happily go through the report again for you.

-BadooHelp

BadooI'm complaining about my account been blocked. I want it unblocked.

I was blocked after someone reported MD I didn't do anything wrong. Pls I want to be unblocked. Badoo is a social site people should not just be blocked for no reason just because someone reported them.
    I get on Badoo to make friends and now that is taken from me just cause someone reported me? Not fair. Number on the account [protected]. Pls resolve.

• Badoo's response · Jan 11, 2021

Hey Kidabebo,

We will be happy to take another look into this for you. Please contact us on @BadooHelp and send over your registration details. We can then look into your account and see if you were blocked accordingly.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-BadooHelp

BadooI never have downloaded this.

Just noticed I am getting charged 2.99 a day from "badoo 7273 CA San Francisco 50 California St 15US" I have never downloaded this app much less subscribed to anything on it. I believe this to be fraudulent charges. I have never received even a single email from them/it. Please advise with any information you have regarding this or where this may be traced to to find source. I cant get access to this to cancel it... need a resolution.

I never have downloaded this.

• Badoo's response · Dec 31, 2020

Hey Micheal,

Oh no this does not sound good. Do you have a Bumble account by any chance?
          Please contact us on @BadooHelp on any social media form and a member of our team can look into this with you. Rest assured we will find out where these payments are coming from and figure this out together.

BadooBadoo

I opened an account with badoo with the email address s.[protected]@gmail.com. I verified it, I became a premium member, I bought credits and Badoo decided to close my account after a few hours. I understand they can do that but I asked for an explanation and the only thing they said is that I broke their terms and conditions, no evidence, no proof nothing. I said to them that if they want to close my account without any reasons they can do that but I want to be refunded the money I spent on their website for nothing. As far as I'm aware I didn't do anything wrong, they closed my account after I spent money on it that sounds like a scam. I don't care if they keep my account closed, I want a refund.

• Badoo's response · Dec 28, 2020

Dear Sergiu,

In line with the Terms and Conditions available on badoo.com/terms, Badoo may revoke a users access to Badoo (including previously paid content) for breaching the Community Guidelines: badoo.com/guidelines.

At times, we are very limited in what information we can offer user regarding why their account has been blocked. This is because we must ensure all reports stay anonymous for the well being of our Community.

Every decision is undertaken by our moderators (real people) and then double checked to make sure it has been made fairly, if you contact us to dispute a decision.

Thank you for your understanding!

• Updated by Sergiu1512 · Dec 28, 2020

I’ve already sent you two times, at the first email you replied and said I broke your terms and conditions and at my second email when I asked how did I broke your terms you didn’t reply .

• Badoo's response · Dec 28, 2020

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please do contact us over @BadooHelp with your registration details on any social media from and a member of our team can look into this with you.

Once a block has been put in place, you cannot be refunded for services made beforehand. We will be happy to go into everything a bit more after you send us a private message!

BadooBlock account

I will like to know if my account is. Block does that mean its default or delete. Because known to be I want to delete my account from badoo. Using my phone number on my Facebook account. This is to times. I have try many time to reach out an I still getting text in my phone on the badoo app. If my account is blocked why am I still recovering text from any one on badoo. That means you got my picture on badoo. And my information personal details. And no way I can delete my account or recover any personal information of your site badoo. I will like to take down all pictures an information about me on badoo. Data!

• Badoo's response · Dec 07, 2020

Thank you for reaching out to us via Complaints Board! We can look into this for you and let you know if your account has been blocked. Please send us an email with your registered email address or phone number so we can locate your account and find out for you. You can do so at badoo.com/feedback or via @BadooHelp on social media if you have an account on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.

BadooUnauthorized transaction £29.99

I took the decision to subscribe to badoo yesterday and used my bank card to pay for a monthly one £18.99. Today, having checked my online banking I saw a second transaction that I never authorised £29.99!! I'm very disappointed with your service, as I trusted you my bank details and I have regretted I did a subscription with you! I expect nothing less than a full refund please!!!

Unauthorized transaction £29.99

• Badoo's response · Dec 05, 2020

Hey Christina,

We are so sorry that this has happened to you. Please do contact us on any form of social media. You can catch us on BadooHelp, and a member of our team can then look into this with you to see what happened.

-BadooHelp

BadooCredits purchase I did not authorise

Hi,

I have tried contacting you through your email address [protected]@corp.badoo.com but it returns a server error:

"A delivery loop was detected which causes this email to be undeliverable."

I am disputing Invoice 63MrfjQJHfZ5xlEOts charged to my Paypal account for 29.99 which I did not purchase.

Please contact me as soon as possible to resolve this.

Jim

• Badoo's response · Nov 23, 2020

Hey Jim,

Thank you for getting in ontact with us and we apologise that you have not been able to get through to us. You can always reach us on @BadooHelp where a member of our team can asisst you with your query.

Unfortunately once a dispute has been made with PayPal we are unable to get involved as they handle their own payments. Please do let us know how you get on with them.

We reccomend that you message us on @BadooHelp anyway just to see if your subscriptions have are turned off.

Hope this helps!

-BadooHelp

BadooBeing blocked based on false reports

I was blocked based off a false report by someone I blocked. I been on this site for a long time now and never have I violated any guidelines. I'm always respectful and modest

Being blocked based on false reports
                Being blocked based on false reports

• Badoo's response · Nov 19, 2020

Thank you for getting in touch 💜 We only block for violations of our Community Guidelines: badoo.com/guidelines. If you think you've been blocked by mistake, please do get in touch with us @BadooHelp on Facebook or Twitter so we can double-check the decision was fair.

- BadooHelp

BadooI am complaining about my blocked account

I have been on badoo and a premium user.badoo can go through my bio and see how much I kick against indecent chats and all sorts. I have been blocked for hate speech just because I declined nudes and sex chats from make folks and they seek revenge on reporting my page and badoo haven't as much sent a warning message or even verified but blocked a long time user who have kept the terms and conditions . I feel that's unjust and please kindly look into this and restore my page as I have made meaningful friendships and been socializing without any sort of negative intents.p will anticipate your kind actions to restore my page .thanks

I am complaining about my blocked account

Hey there,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Each report made is sent to our moderators who have a closer look to se if the report made is accurate. Please do contact us on @BadooHelp and we can look into this again for you. Hope this helps!

-BadooHelp

BadooUnauthorized use of personal information and pictures to create fake account

I received an email today (5/8/2020) saying some 33 year old girl wanted to "chat" with me (FRAUD). I am 51, woaw how lucky am I, a 33 year old will now ruin my marriage (Sabotage) because Badoo created a fake dating account to make it look like they actually have more members than they actually do using my information (ID THEFT) and pictures (WIRE FRAUD) without my permission. I locked down my Facebook account and access with the specific INTENT to precisely prevent the theft of my information from happening. I contacted them via my profile to complain and demanded they not just remove my account, but delete my account and info. I received a reply asking for a copy of ID papers to prove the account was mine (BLACK MAIL). I proceeded by deleting the pictures myself using the provided link in the first email and added new pictures with big letters saying "FAKE ACCOUNT", "IDENTITY THEFT". I hope they get the message. I am a dual citizen, U.S. and France.

Unauthorized use of personal information and pictures to create fake account

Hey there,

We are physically unable to create accounts using other peoples information. Our users are also able to create an account through their Facebook which would explain why some of your photos from facebook were attached.

Only the user themselves can create an account with us. We have one of the biggest social networking communities in the World, rather than creating more profiles our moderators are working 24/7 to remove any suspicious and fake accounts.

Asking you for your ID to delete your account is not blackmail on our part but standard procedure. We need to make sure that the profile is really yours ( for privacy reasons) to be able to delete the account for you. We always ask that you cover the details for security purposes. We simply need the name, age and photo to prove that it is you. We are unable to delete the account without this.

We are happy to know that you were able to delete your account yourself. If you need anything else you can always reach us on @BadooHelp

Hi there!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Regarding this profile that has contacted you- it sounds like it could be a fake account if you are suspicious about it, and we would like to look into it so we can remove the profile if it is indeed fake. Please contact us at badoo.com/feedback so we can locate the profile and investigate for you. If you've already been in touch with support about your concerns, they should get back to you very soon.

We appreciate the time taken to bring your concerns to light, and will pass on your security concerns to the appropriate department.

• Updated by NOliver · Nov 09, 2020

I was lucky in that they used my actual email so I simply selected forgot password, reset it and deleted the account myself. This appears to be so prevalent of a problem, it stands o reason they do it to artificially boost their membership claims. The mere fact that I did not receive an email confirmation email before activating a new account point to the fact that anyone can create an account using some else's info. If Badoo was really concerned about fake accounts, first, they would create fake accounts and secondly, they would send a confirmation email before an account can be activated. It's a no brainer.

• Po
                        Pogisho Rasebopye Nov 11, 2020

You just charged me 4 times for a subscription that I never requested and authorised.

I want my refund

• BadooTeam Nov 11, 2020

@Pogisho Rasebopye Hey Pogisho,

Please do contact us on @BadooHelp with your registration details. We can then have a member of our team look into this for you. Hope this helps!

BadooDating service online

This is a complaint on Badoo or Badoo.com. I am reporting them for their racist online dating policies for labeling female users as rude or abusive when they refuse to connect with predominantly latino users. They also allow for the harassment of female users by Male users and financial scams. There are many online dating sites and this one based in England should be avoided.

Hi Ann,

Badoo will always champion diversity which means that we have a wide range of users using our platform. We do not condone any type of discrimination on Badoo and work very hard to ensure that everyone is welcome. We will never exclude certain users based on individual preferences.

If you have ever been made to feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or harassed on our app please do report the profile to us - we take the security of our users most seriously and have a team of Moderators working 24/7 to remove malicious accounts.

If you'd like to discuss any of this further or have any questions, feel free to message us on social media @BadooHelp - thank you.

BadooBadoo Premium

Hi,
                        Today I wanted to buy premium for a week but badoo automatically chose the 'premium forever' option and I was charged a considerable amount of money from the account which I did not intend to pay. I wrote to your technical support with this problem but they do not want to help me although I used the application after buying it only for check if I can cancel it somehow, please help.

• Badoo's response · Nov 05, 2020

Hey Bartek,

Unfortunately our one click purchases are non refundable. For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions here: http://badoo.com/terms
                            We would be happy to go through things in further detail on @BadooHelp. A member of our team will be able to take a close look into this with you.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and we hope you will continue to enjoy our features until the date that it runs out please let us know if you have any other questions and make sure to unsubscribe before this date to cancel future renewals.

-BadooHelp

BadooIt's more than 90 days they blocked me. They are suppose to unblock me.

They said I violated their rules which I agree it was a mistake.
                          Somebody was talking about business with me, I wouldn't have replied the person but I did and I was found guilty. Please unblock my account its past 90 days. I am suppose to be unblocked because it's more than 90 days. My account is still blocked. The email associated with my account is [protected]@gmail.com Thanks

• Badoo's response · Nov 05, 2020

Hey there,

Once a block has been put in place, this is permanent.
                              We do not unblock accounts after 90 days. We must take the harshest of measures to protect our community and cannot give second chances for these reasons. We hope you can respect our decision.
                              For anything else please do reach out to us on @BadooHelp
                              Thank you!

• Ba
                              Badoo- Reme Oct 30, 2020

Hey there,
                              Thank you for admitting that you were in the wrong, we do appreciate honesty and we do think it is the best policy. Unfortunately we do not just block for 90 days, we block for life.
                              We wish we could give second chances but if we did this for one person we would have to do this for everybody. Having one of the biggest social networking apps in the World makes this less accessible. We must take the harshest of measure to ensure the safety of our community, we do wish wish you all the best and we hope you can respect our decision.

Sep 19, 2020

Badoo — Premium - unauthorized payment

I was charged £43.99 for a Badoo Premium subscription service. I started a three week trial dating from 2nd...

Badoo.comHighly depressing act of badoo

Badoo deleted my accounts as putting the allegation of duplicate profile. Without any intimation/noticed badoo blocked my accounts and also my emails. If there there is an issue it can be solved at the side of user.
                            The treated me as criminal. Now I am depressed to lost my friends on badoo. Badoo is not replying my complain. Just they sent me an email to inform we blocked your account and its final decision. It is completely unjustified

• Badoo's response · Aug 24, 2020

Thanks for reaching out to us, Shafat.

I'm sorry to hear your profile has been blocked on Badoo.

We ask all of our users to follow the same rules which help us to keep Badoo a fun and safe online environment. If you're unsure what our rules are, you can find them here: badoo.com/guidelines. I'm afraid that if you have already appealed this decision and it was confirmed to have been made fairly, it cannot be changed.

I'm sorry that this was not the outcome that you had hoped for.

- BadooHelp

BadooCatfishing is ripe on this site now.

Nothing seems to be done to stop it, what do you do to catfish accounts when they're reported to you?

What measures are taken to sort this out and overcome this problem.

Would you actively look at contacting the police for catfishing accounts? (If they deemed to be benefitting from the account)

Do mods pass on details of blocked users to the admins, ?

I know it's a big issue, how many accounts are banned in a daily basis that are fake and how many are reported?

BadooCustomer service + account deletion

I am unable to delete my account which I should have reasonable access to do so as a user. I've followed the instructions by going to account, then profile, but I am not given access to delete since I was never sent a verification email to begin with and they will not send an email to reset my password either. I know I can receive emails from badoo because they sent me an email confirming that I submitted feedback, yet I never received a verification email or for my password change. I'm beyond frustrated that I cannot delete the profile myself or that I cannot get badoo to follow up on their responsibilities. Acct: [removed], please delete this account, I no longer want to be present on dating apps due to concerns for my safety. Thank you.

RESOLVED

Customer support reached out, was able to delete

BadooAccount/ fake profile

I'm reporting a fake profile that was made with my email. It said I have messages from 2014 but I only got an email yesterday telling me to complete my account. I deleted the account but I want the link deleted from google.

• Badoo's response · Aug 17, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and bringing this to light.

These situations are rare, and we take them very seriously. So that we can resolve this as soon as possible, please send us your email address over private message at Badoo.com/Feedback or through our official Facebook or Twitter pages and we'll look into this as a priority.

You can also ask your friends to report the account should they see it, which will allow us to delete it immediately.

Please rest assured that we are working to remove it as soon as we can.

BadooFake profile

You guys are going to get reported to the BBB for this one.
                                    Maybe you should screen people better. This person, Jeff silk. The phone number he gave me is [protected]. Number one. I met him and I don't know if he's using someone else's pics or 20 year old pics but he does not look like his pictures. He's fat and wears dentures. He's also a nasty, innapropriate creep. And he's married. Thanks a lot. I put his profile next to his current pic

Fake profile
                                    Fake profile

• Badoo's response · Aug 08, 2020

Thanks for getting in touch with us and bringing this to light.

I have been able to find this account and have removed it completely from our app.

I'd like to reassure you that we take situations like this very seriously, and work hard to keep fake accounts off Badoo. Our team is busy building new systems that'll more easily spot accounts like this, such as our Photo Verification feature that we hope to make mandatory for all users in the coming months.

I'd like to apologise that this happened, and would invite you to get back in touch if there's anything else we can do to help at all.

• Updated by Jamie12345 · Aug 04, 2020

Oh and let me add he has pictures of his 14 year old daughter up also

BadooAccount

Deleted an account (well over 30 days ago)

But theirs messages that I should of kept.

I've been told that they can't be retrieved, but wouldn't you still keep private messages for ‘data retention'. (Or is this not required)

Can't anonymised messages be linked back to originating accounts in order for you to be able to retrieve them for me?

Or are private messages blankly deleted from your servers, not even you can retrieve them?

I just want a straight answer as I don't seem to be getting that :(

• Badoo's response · Aug 08, 2020

Hi there,

After 30 days, the data from your deleted account will have been removed from our servers, so we sadly won't be able to help you recover your old messages from Badoo after this date.

We're really sorry that we couldn't help you further on this occasion!