Menu
Badoo
reviews & complaints

Badoo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

473 complaints
320 resolved 153 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Badoo customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Badoo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:30 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Badoo - Badoo took 82.48 usd and blocked profile after 3 days - do not purchase any plan or send any money to them

Summary: I purchased a premium subscription for 69.99, got charged an extra 12.49 without any reason or my will. Got blocked from Badoo without any reason, no explanation or prof. Badoo steel from me 82.48 USD - Do not purchase any plans from Badoo. Detailed explanation: On 2.5 I purchased a Premium lifetime upgrade for 69.99 USD; I have been using...

T
2:41 pm

Badoo - Badoo Premium service

Good evening from the Uk.

I made a purchase from Badoo dating site for £5.99 on my Credit card. This process was a two stage process and was fair and acceptable.

By pressing the icon on site tab named would you like to see more matches, this is an example but the point is this stage was miss leading on the web site Badoo and immediate payment of £49.99 was taken from my Credit card. I felt the process was not clear and set out in such a way it was misleading and not a clear process and was not clearly priced on the screen that was provided. for excample on Amazon there is always a 2 stage payment process to make sure the customer is happy with a purchase. I would not have made a purchase of nearly £50 had I know it would cost this. Times are hard at the moment and this has caused me dept that will take time to pay. Again I stipulate the first purchase was acceptable. I have contacted Badoo on Messenger Facebook and I await reply. Kind Regards Thomas Hamilton.

K
8:47 pm

Badoo - Taken from my account 50 pounds, I accept, just 5,99 not 49,99

Hi my name is Daniel Kuzbik I have problem because I last time 12/04/2022 I bought subscribtion for 5.99 and I dont know why badoo taken from my account aswell 49.99 please cancel that and return my money, this is my address email [email protected] pl and phone number message please 07756791578, address to my accounthttps://badoo.com/profile/0zAhMACTgyNjgyMjc0NgAglO2F_wmWs4eumMHkMnmwcbarf8wAhMFr7EeMPNhhBwk thank you

Desired outcome: return my money to my account 49.99 pounds

C
3:35 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Badoo - My photos were stolen!

Someone contacted my husband recently saying she had a feeling someone had stolen my pictures and faked a profile on Badoo. She send us screenshots of the conversations containing details of our lives, including where we live and where we’re moving to, biggest issue being they know that we have a child. My husband and I have tried contacting Badoo for help but because we haven’t got an account with them, they refuse to help. I want to know who this was! They know where we live ffs! I’ve reported this to the police but yet to hear from them. Is this not important enough for anyone? I have kids and I’m concerned.

Desired outcome: Who this is!

J
10:31 pm

Badoo - Payment

From the 14th march in total you have charged me 29.93 for subscriptions that I cancelled and I still have another £5.97 in pending payments that you haven't taken.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, you always double or triple charge and I have complained before and nothing has been done

I have proof on my banking application but it will not let me screen shot it on my phone

Desired outcome: Please refund me my money

1:14 am

Badoo - Premium account

Badoo has blocked my account saying that I am discriminating against people or using hate language. I am a polite person I don't do this, though technically I guess every time you swipe left you are discriminating. I recently paid for a premium account along with buying 2,500 points and now I am blocked. I am asking that they either restore my account in full or refund the money I have paid to them recently. Otherwise I will take it up with my credit card company. My email address is [email protected]

Desired outcome: Restore my account or refund my money

Update by Gggbme
Mar 14, 2022 10:11 am

They blocked my account saying I used inappropriate behavior while using the service. They investigated then determined that I did not behave inappropriately and reinstated my account. Now they have blocked again saying I have breached their terms of service. I am through dealing with Badoo. I request a full reimbursement for my subscription and the 2500 points I purchased online. They are not providing the service I have paid for. I don't care what they think the reason is anymore- if they were an honest company, they would provide a full refund if they don't want my business. I've never behaved inappropriately and they are unable to provide any proof of something that did not happen.

I was given a warning about a complaint somebody made about me. They turn back on my account so I'm happy. I'm very careful not to use mean or abusive language to anyone I can't imagine what this person said but maybe sometimes some people just don't like it when you're not interested in them.

D
8:11 am

Badoo - Badoo

I just noticed ive been charged 3.49 everyday for almost 2 months now. I never signed up for any recurring payments. Ive gone through the steps to cancel but this "daily premium" is no where to be found. I have no benefits and it doesnt reflect anywhere on my account. I want this cancelled and refunded. I havent uses the app in weeks, after only speaking to scammers and catfish i stopped using the app. Even when i did use it i didnt have premium benefits. I dont understand why im be charged

Desired outcome: Please cancel and refund

9:23 am

Badoo - Someone stole my photos and using to catfish

I found a friend telling me he tried to talk to me on Badoo and i didnt reply, i told him i don't know that application and don't know it, he showed me the profile called “Gabija" with MY photo on it!

And to my surprise and astonishment i found 4 more photos of mine stolen and put on that fake profile, and the details of it r expliciting things and details about my sexuality and job!

i got even more pissed off and am really upset and don't know wut to do!

I feel so VIOLATED!

Desired outcome: Please delete that account

2:43 am

Badoo - Personal address info uploaded from my photo library

I requested my account to be deleted 2 months ago in an email because I restricted from deleting it on my own. Once you get to deleting your last picture, they forcefully lock you on a page requesting to upload a photo & verify your account with a Live Photo submission. When you click “Delete Account “ it keeps you locked on “upload a photo.“ I logged in to check page & my rent receipts, address, name, private photos were uploaded to the page! I have been receiving an excessive amount of cell phone calls from men! Badoo told me to log out of the site & log in! I’m Terrified!

Desired outcome: It’s criminal.

E
7:14 am

Badoo - Blocked for no reason

After using the platform for more than 10 years and even paying for the lifetime premium; I receive an email out of the blue saying I've been banned due to a violation. This is clearly wrong and you can tell they don't even take the time to review the issue. It is well known that random people will report your account for pretty much ANY reason. Those who are wrongfully reporting are the ones you should look out for.

I've contacted the support team 3 times already and they straight out just say "don't contact us anymore" with an incredibly vague explanation. This is clearly a way for them to have you create a new account and pay for the services once again. I'll be sure to spend the amount worth of that premium into spreading this shady practice of theirs.

Desired outcome: 1) re-activate my account with an explanation, an apology, and compensation.2) Full refund

3:03 am

Badoo - Account

Hi, I was using Badoo normally when my account was blocked because I was resported for offering services there, which I didn't. I was about to meet someone and now I can't even open it.

I always used the site to meet/chat and nothing more. I do not post anything outside the terms, which I read. I'm very confused.

Why was I blocked if I didn't do anything?

Desired outcome: Restore my account

L
3:04 am

Badoo - Badoo blocked my account

Hello, I cannot access my badoo. It says my account has been blocked and i should check my email for details. Please kindly unlock my badoo account or send the details to my mail so I can follow the necessary process to reactivate my account as this seems to be an error or hack of some sort because i do not have anything commercial or market, im disabled. I was promised a fair review but did not get one. My account detail is attached below

[email protected]

Desired outcome: Please restore my badoo account [email protected]

B
1:36 pm

Badoo - Life time premium

I was looking to buy just a day premium from Badoo, but due to the layout, I accidentally purchased the lifetime option. I immediately contacted the feedback team, only for them to say that it is nonrefundable.

I would have understood if I have left it for a few days and then got in contact, but I sent a message straight away. I haven't got that kind of money to spare and what was meant to be £2 has now turned into over £100 which I simply can't afford.

It is very disheartening to know that a company is so quick to keep your money, especially in the times we are living in. I would like a full refund, please. If that is not possible, I will even be happy to be charged for yesterday (which is when the purchase was made), and today. I just cannot afford to be charged over £100 for this.

Desired outcome: A full refund, please

7:02 pm

Badoo - Foul charging! Disgusting

Warning! Be prepared to be charged even without your permission! Systematically Don't link your bank cards to scammers named Badoo! I decided to download the app to meet somebody. Ok, 1.99$ not so much. I paid. But then I switched off any services. But Badoo thinks another way. I have been charging 7 times! I blocked my card. And Badoo support doesn't respond. Judging another people's storiesl Badoo doesn't refund. How Google play store allows to be here for such scammers!

I posted that through Play store as well.

After that Badoo wrote me:

"Hello,

Thanks for your message.

You were charged for the renewal of your Badoo Premium subscription.

Badoo Premium is a subscription-based service. When you purchased the service, the service conditions were listed on the payment page which explain how the subscription works.

According to our Terms and Conditions, this type of purchase is non-refundable. We have cancelled your subscription on your behalf so you will not be charged again for this service. You will still have full access to Badoo Premium until the end of your current paid subscription.

We believe that we have resolved your query, so we have closed this thread. If you have any further comments to add, please reply within 48 hours. After that, your thread will be permanently closed".

Really? Resolved?There are thousands complains throughout internet about scammed charging from Badoo ( especially if registered out of USA and Great Britain).

Even more! After being charged 7 times I still deserve to see blurred Fotos of persons who recently liked me.

I will sue you through Russian government and laws.

Desired outcome: I need refund!!!

6:34 pm
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Badoo - Badoo will charge you...even being unsubscribed.

After I posted this, Badoo sent email to announce my case is not refundable.

After being charged 7 times in the last 10 days! I still deserve to see blurred Fotos of 3 persons who recently liked me))) I will attach print screened proves

Especially such disgusting cases hspen outside of Europe and USA

Desired outcome: I didn't get my money

Update by Radik Allanov
Feb 10, 2022 6:36 pm

That's my post. My email is [email protected]

6:56 am

Badoo - Badoo dating site

My account has been blocked for no reason I haven't broke any rules of badoo i have stuck to the rules of the site I only chat to one person only so I feel like someone has done it to stop me using the site I demand its unblock straight to shut it down please I am angry and disgusted on how I have been treated I wish never to use this account again

2:32 am

Badoo - Badoo account block

My account was blocked and no reason was given. ID 76135102 I'm a respectful person, I have not done anything that I can think of that would create a situation where I am blocked. Maybe they want to block me so I start a new account and pay for premium membership. I don't know. I kindly ask that the reason be given to me and restore my account. I am glad to do any needed changes to my profile. email [email protected]

Desired outcome: Restore my account in full

12:40 pm

Badoo - Badoo

Account blocked unlawfully stating due to "rude or threatening behaviour". This is highly insulting as I have not ever had the interest of being rude nor threatening to anyone let along anyone using this app. I would like evidence of these claims otherwise resolve this issue and unblock my account as this is serious defamation of character.

Thanking you in advance.

Desired outcome: Proof of claims

C

Badoo - Premium service

I pressed premium service once by accident and it has took 120 pounds from me which I need to live on. I have sent badoo numerous messages with no reply. This has been really upsetting and caused major anxiety. I have contacted badoo through twitter and their help desk with no luck. They have no contact number or live chat feature. I need this resolved ASAP.

Desired outcome: Refunded and membership cancellation

S
7:36 pm

Badoo - Services

One morning I was about to open my Badoo as usual, what I saw was... enter password, forget password, login with Facebook, etc... Then, when I saw that, I logged in with Facebook bcos I forgot d password I used to open my Badoo account. Fortunately I was logged in, but not with the friends I know (maybe is location problem 🤷) then after two days I was blocked and I can't tell why! Please u guys should help me out, I need my account back 🙏

Desired outcome: A quick response to my request

Badoo contacts