Menu
Badoo Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Badoo
reviews and complaints

badoo.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 1170 Reviews

How responsive is Badoo's customer service?

375 Resolved
204 Unresolved
Good 👍
Badoo is generally doing well in dealing with customer problems, which is nice to see! But there is still a lot of work to be done (for example, responding to all incoming complaints). We suggest reviewers take some time to understand how exactly the company operates. Reading other customers' experiences can also give insight into how Badoo handles challenging situations.
Claimed
Badoo has claimed their business profile
Write a review File a complaint

Badoo reviews and complaints 589

Filter reviews by rating
590 reviews
1 review
Sort by:

Newest Badoo reviews and complaints

12:45 am EDT
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo Badoo account blocked and fee not refunded

I have been using Badoo for a long time. In particular I have purchases their premium service, and I have opted for the permanent optio, where I paid a one time (big) fee to have the premium service forever as they advertise it.

However, recently, they have decided to block my account. When I have complained to their customer support, they simply said I have broken their terms and conditions. I asked them multiple times what particular terms and conditions have I broken, but they refused to give any details. I am sure and certain I have not broken any rules. I have asked them to refund me the fees I have paid, they also refused.

Desired outcome: Unblock my profile or refund the premium I have paid.

Read full review of Badoo and 1 comment
Update by Joejoejoejoejoe
Jul 16, 2023 2:38 am EDT

So just like that, you decide to suspend a premium account because you have already received the full amount. At least you could give facts why is this happening.

Badoo is a scam, stay away!

1 comment
A
A
Arkadiusz Brzezinski
, US
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same problem!

The paid account has been blocked just like that without any reason.

Even did not send any email with information about block account.

No answer to complaint.

SCAMMERS!

3:23 am EDT

Badoo Apologize to me

I was just warned about having my badoo account suspended for being rude, let's get something straight, I don't give two fries about that account, I was courtesyto sherry. The industry I speak of used to communicate with me a couple months ago and decided no more was necessary, I don't want to talk to that freaking female, why did she message me,? I should be able to express myself any way possible to end all communications, I told her I did not want to speak to her she accused me of some mental illness or I accused her after she persisted. The bottom line I don't need badoo threatening me to suspend my account because I repel communication with another

K
12:54 am EDT

Badoo Badoo false report

I met a woman before on Badoo the date didn't go well but she was constantly messaging me

And harassing making a fake profile attacking saying that she will report me. I have communicated with your employees explaining the situation and also have still paid services active. So my main account ban from this woman who will not leave alone and falsely report. This has been a huge issue I have not broken any regulations to have my account banned and purchase a month's worth of services. There needs to be a person who properly investigates the reports to see if they are completed and accurately getting banned. I will attach photos of her so you can see that she has been reporting me of false accusation.

Desired outcome: To get my account and have that account with the month of service I have payed for

2:13 am EDT

Badoo Badoo dating app

I just made a connection on this sight and I had sent that connection a picture of my hand holding three pieces of hail and it said it was a nude photo (which it wasn't) and it has completely shut me out of the sight every time I tried sending a message it said I was offline but it was clear that I wasn't I still had internet my name on the sight was Jay my email I used is [protected]@gmail.com I'd like this to get fixed...I was about to delete the account untill they offered me a 3 day free trial on premium and I had planned on getting a membership because I was making matches one in particular I really liked...I never sent any bad pictures I'd like this resolved please or I plan on giving a horrible review and never recommending this app to anyone

Desired outcome: Id like to have my account reviewed and see that the picture in question was not a nude but just my hand holding hail

K
11:25 am EDT
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo Badoo dating app is a flop

I am on your badoo dating app I am the one that is getting sexual harassment because of my gender and you are penalizing me for it when I get it from 18-29 year olds because I am a transgender woman and you seem to let people get away with murder and penalize the wrong people for it and you sent me a warning when I am the one that is getting sexual harassment from 18-29 year old because they all generalize trans women and only want us for one thing and thats sex.

Sort this dating app out otherwise ill get it shutdown for corrupt and decit behaviour and then ill claim compensation because this is affecting my mental health

Belle swann

Desired outcome: sort it out

T
6:12 pm EDT

Badoo Account blocked

Hello,

My account has been removed from Badoo, and respectfully, I don’t think I violated the terms of use. If I did so, it was unintentional.

I highly value the app and the experience on it. That being said, I would never intentionally do anything to harass or disturb the users or the flow of the app.

Hence, I’m requesting to have access back to my badoo account if possible.

Name: Tabbycat

Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Tabitha Jose

Desired outcome: I hope I can get account back because I felt like I have never did anything wrong for my account to be banned. I have read all the guidelines and terms to make sure that I have not done anything wrong!

Update by Tabitha Jose
May 23, 2023 8:02 pm EDT

My account was used falsely used by another person that I do not know who it is by the time that I got hold of my account it was banned.

Update by Tabitha Jose
May 23, 2023 6:52 pm EDT

This was not helpful at all! My account was hacked and I could not do anything at all!

5:59 am EDT
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo I have deleted my badoo acoount. Why is it still active?? It has caused terrible upset for me and my partner

I have deleted my account!

I have a partner now and someone he knows has seen my account as active!

I just want to know what has happened and please take my account off immediately. I don't want anything to do with Badoo !

What the hell is going on?!

This is causing problems and is affecting my mental health!

I am so upset and angry.

I deleted it weeks ago, and yesterday I was told it was still active 17th May 2023

I don't won't my photos or anything to do with my account on there.

Please help before I have a breakdown

Desired outcome: Make sure my account is completely deleted and show me proof! Please as soon as possible. I cant cope.

N
3:26 pm EDT

Badoo The reason for blocking

On the 17th of May 2023 I blocked and reported a man who asked me if he could come round my house and have wine I said no cause I was by myself and had my daughter. To that the man was rude and said I was lucky to get anyone I was a skank and he was just really horrible to me, then I came home from my work to find I have been banned from badoo after 3 half years with no explanation I'm not happy about this at all as I was keeping myself and my daughter safe I have sent messages to badoo explaining and they said it can't be recovered really not happy about this as I am being stopped on this site for something I have done

Desired outcome: I would like a response and I'd like my badoo account explained to me why I was blocked and for me to be put back on asap

4:17 pm EDT

Badoo Badoo dating deleting site

My dating site has not been used in years. I am trying to delete it. I do not even remember the password through which email I used. I was told to send my picture identification to delete my account. I am uncomfortable with sending my personal id to a company that, especially, handles business this way. Or to any online business. Aside from sending my personal identification there must be another way to delete a very old account!

Desired outcome: Delete account

Update by Stanko311
May 13, 2023 11:31 am EDT

Stanko31@gmail.com

Stanislav Garaj

This is my account that needs to be deleted. I already contacted your feedback team and was told to send ID. As you can look up and see this is an account not used with my photos presently online.

11:38 am EDT

Badoo Account suspended. Vague response on what rule I broke

I was suspended on 5/11/23. I received an email at 3AM stating:

"Badoo doesn’t work if we treat each other badly, and some of our users have reported that you’re breaking our Terms and Conditions. We have decided to remove you from our platform. If this doesn’t sound right, contact our support team. Please do not try to reactivate your account or create a new one."

I have absolutely no idea why I was blocked. I reached out to Badoo support and they said I was reported, but would not comment on what it was or what rule I broke. I explained to Badoo support the only people I communicated with in the past 24 hours leading up to the ban were scammers that I reported. It was possible that they reported me as a way to get back at me for reporting them.

I've been a Badoo community member for over 15 years. I've had no issues with my account like what has recently transpired. I was not given a warning or any messages on what the problem was. I asked for Badoo to double check as I believe this is an error. They told me they trust the support teams decision. It's so vague.

Desired outcome: I would like my account reinstated, or at least temporarily banned instead of a permanent one.

Update by Mark2023
Jun 06, 2023 6:47 pm EDT

I reached out to both parties you mentioned. I do believe it was in error. I am getting no where with the support.

Please advise me on what I can do.

B
7:41 am EDT
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo Account set up with out me knowing

I have emailed you about this the other day but all that I get is you need to go into your account but if I don't know the account that was set up how can I, my partner was contacted by a friend who was on your site and came across my photo so she contacted my partner and ark's if my partner and I was still together still so it cost me my relationship with my partner,all I am asking for is for you to take down any accounts I have with you please my name is Brian gowman email address is brianpaul.[protected]@gmail.com thank you please I need this sorted today thank you.

Desired outcome: All accounts deleted

C
8:59 pm EDT

Badoo Badoo

I was charged by Badoo four time without authorizing my credit card to them via debit charges. I've never ever signed up for the service. I have no records of any signup or subscription ever.

Four charges of $3.49.

One on each date: 3/24/22, 2/15/22, 2/14/22, 12/23/21.

Small potatoes but still, this is illegal.

Too much time has passed for me to disupute these charges. But I'd still like to reconcile them.

Update by Carl Potak
Apr 16, 2023 10:39 pm EDT

Hi. I never created an account so that's not possible. Someone gained access to my credit card and charged me in their account or someone from your company did it fraudulently.

12:09 pm EDT
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo Badoo is making new profile with my new email adress without my knolegde

I stopped using the app after me and my girfriend wanted more serious relationship,

After few months she called me and told me that i have open a new account on Badoo.

And she is thinking that im cheating on her.

My first account was made via mobile phone, and now i have changed the email but Badoo sent me a email,

*We’ve missed you lately...*

Please is that possible, i think it matched my phone number from previous profile and sent me that stupid email

Desired outcome: Just an explanation is that situation possible

D
5:43 am EDT

Badoo Falsely banned

I was fasely banned from badoo. Woke up today 4/15/23 to see I was banned.

They said it was from sexual harassment, but I don't send sexual messages. I have a filling I was banned for not responding fast enough to a person on there so they falsely reported me. I also had premium so that's money down the drain. So if I'm not unbanned I'll be forced to file a complaint and to file a charge back for not getting the service or product I paid for.

Desired outcome: Unbanned or a full refund of all money spent

6:35 pm EDT

Badoo Account Block

A few years back I used badoo was banned out of nowhere after being harassed by a female for not wanting to meet due to traveling thru the state not to stay. After being block I said what ever not sweating it but now wanting to join back I have contacted customer service multiple times with no response at all thru my email. I didn’t even get a reasoning for when for the ban which is odd in general.

Desired outcome: Just want to be able to use the app again or atleast a response telling me why the account was permanently disabled since I have no idea what I did.

Update by Mbailey97
Mar 23, 2023 4:12 pm EDT

Which I have red these as well and have not violated any of these with the exception of multiple accounts which was only made after my original was blocked. 😒 I don’t understand why this is such a nightmare just to recover an account that was wrongfully blocked when this is the only response from the badoo team…..

N
7:29 am EST
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo My account being blocked for no warning

Was busy chatting to people the next minute l received a big blocked message from my screen without a warning why?l would love to have a proof aswel of the person who reported me and the reason why .

I have been on badoo for more than 8yrs or more for me to be blocked today with no reason.

I always make sure l behave all the time

Desired outcome: I would love to get my account back and if am wrong l do apologize

9:21 am EST

Badoo Badoo premium

I paid for premium account in bado 9 days ago February 3rd

And it's cut already from my bank account.. but still not active till now.. I Make a complaint 5 times.. no response

11:32 am EST

Badoo Fake account

I’ve been informed that someone going by the name of Chelsea, has been using my pictures for their badoo account. I recieved a video message from a user of your app that I happen to have as a friend on Facebook, showing me a quick glance of the conversation between the two and my images in which make up their account but is in fact not their face, but mines. I was informed of the circumstances by a man named Andrew Woods 2pm Saturday evening. I am able to attach below the screenrecording in which Mr Woods sent me.

Desired outcome: I’d really like the account to be deleted if possible as it is leading on clueless males to believe that they are talking to me, when they are in fact talking to some stranger using my photos.

I
6:24 am EST
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo exposing a very serious situation🚨⛔️🛑

exposing a very serious situation🚨⛔️🛑

good morning to all the Badoo team, I come here to expose a situation,of on of yours user this person known as (Jose) this particular guy he has HIV and he himself does not mention it on his badoo page(profile), including me a few months ago I was with this gentleman, and he never mentioned it, only after long time since that happend He decide the tell me, luckily & thank God I don't have anything, I tried to contact Badoo on my mobile phone app but I couldn't, please forward this email to the appropriate department so that the necessary arrangements can be made...PLEASE THIS IS VERY SERIOUS SITUATION...I include photographs of the user in question in the email

he lives and resides in London

9:24 pm EST
Badoo has left an official reply on this complaint.

Badoo Account blocking for no reason

I set my account up on the 24th January 2023 in order to wait until I was paid my money before going to buy Badoo Premium my money came in on the 27th January 2023 and I went on the app to see that my account had been blocked I contacted the support desk stating that I had barely been on the app for the reason mentioned above and they stated that I had violated their guidelines despite not being on the app, all I ask is for a valid explanation as to why or what I did that allegedly breached their guidelines because I am heavily confused as I follow all guidelines to the letter or multiple dating sites and so far for unknown reasons I am getting my accounts blocked and quite frankly it's starting to really anger and frustrate me.

Desired outcome: I would like a detailed response stating what guideline/s i breached and how and also an apology because i have been wrongfully ejected from the site for as of now no known reason

Badoo In-depth Review

User Interface and Design:

The website layout and navigation of Badoo are user-friendly and intuitive. The design is visually appealing, with a modern and clean aesthetic. Users can easily navigate through different sections and features, making it easy to find what they are looking for.

Registration and Profile Creation:

The sign-up process for Badoo is simple and straightforward. Users are required to provide basic information such as their name, email address, and date of birth. Profile customization options are extensive, allowing users to add photos, write a bio, and specify their interests and preferences. Privacy settings are available, giving users control over who can view their profile and personal information.

Matching and Search Functionality:

Badoo's matching algorithm provides accurate and relevant suggested matches based on users' preferences and interests. The advanced search options and filters allow users to narrow down their search criteria to find compatible matches. The compatibility algorithms take into account various factors to ensure better matching results.

Communication and Messaging:

Badoo offers a variety of messaging features and options for users to connect with each other. Users can send messages, emojis, and virtual gifts to express their interest. The platform also provides chat rooms and forums for users to engage in group discussions. Additionally, Badoo offers video call and voice chat capabilities for more interactive communication.

Membership and Pricing:

Badoo offers both free and premium membership options. Free members have access to basic features, while premium members enjoy additional benefits such as advanced search filters and unlimited messaging. Pricing plans for premium membership are available at affordable rates, and the platform accepts various payment methods for convenience.

Safety and Security:

Badoo implements verification processes for user profiles to ensure authenticity. Users can report and block individuals displaying inappropriate behavior, and the platform takes swift action against such accounts. Measures are in place to prevent scams and fake profiles, providing a safer environment for users.

Mobile App Experience:

Badoo offers a mobile app that is available for both iOS and Android devices. The app provides the same functionality as the website, allowing users to access their accounts and use the features on the go. User reviews and ratings on app stores are generally positive, highlighting the app's usability and performance. The app is synchronized with the website, ensuring compatibility and seamless transition between devices.

Community and Social Features:

Badoo has a vibrant and engaged user community. Users can engage in various social networking elements, such as liking and commenting on each other's profiles. The platform also offers virtual gifts that users can send to express their appreciation. Badoo organizes events and meetups, providing opportunities for users to connect in person.

Success Stories and Testimonials:

Badoo has numerous success stories of real-life matches and relationships. Satisfied users have shared their testimonials, highlighting the platform's effectiveness in finding compatible partners. The platform also provides statistics and data on its success rate, giving users confidence in its capabilities.

Customer Support and Assistance:

Badoo offers reliable customer support that is available and responsive. Users can contact support through various channels, including email and live chat. The platform also provides a comprehensive help center and FAQ section for self-assistance, addressing common queries and concerns.

Overall User Experience:

Users generally report high satisfaction with their experience on Badoo. The platform stands out compared to other similar platforms due to its user-friendly interface, extensive features, and active community. Recommendations for improvement include enhancing the matching algorithm and providing more personalized suggestions based on user preferences.

Pros and Cons:

Key advantages of Badoo include its user-friendly interface, extensive profile customization options, and a vibrant user community. Limitations to consider include occasional fake profiles and the need for further improvement in the matching algorithm. Unique features of Badoo include its virtual gifts and the organization of events and meetups, fostering a sense of community among users.

How to file a complaint about Badoo?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint or review about Badoo on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- If you already have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, log in. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Badoo in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Badoo. Mention key areas of concern, transactions with the company, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, and the nature of the issue.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint or review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure to follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint or review about Badoo on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Badoo customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Badoo?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Badoo Customer Service. Initial Badoo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Badoo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Badoo. Discuss the issues you have had with Badoo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.