Aws / Home Depotpoor quality work

S

Wanted vinyl flooring in 2 basement (apartment) entrances. Picked out cheap vinyl flooring from Home Depot on Feb 2; vinyl left warehouse on 17th - never made it to the store. (lost or stolen - come on - it wasn't imported Italian tile!) Home Depot had to re-order vinyl and finally made it to the store by week of March 14. Called installer for a date; came out March 21. Two laborers, non-English speaking and my deaf-read-lips-only husband - what a disconnect. Husband emails me at my work - "you're not gonna like this..."
Pattern on vinyl was not parallel to walls & instead of putting a riser in front of each door, one door had quarter-round molding and other door had a huge long glop of sealant with the crooked cut of the vinyl plainly showing. Called AWS to tell them what a lousy job they did ("I'm sorry, we can fix it" said the meek female voice). When I finally calmed down, I called back to ask for an inspector out to look at the job. "Sure - we'll send out the same people so they can look at it and re-do the job." What? No way! So my next step is to call and email Home Depot and tell them that yes - we got what we paid for!! Cheap job, cheap materials, cheap labor, looks cheap! Time to go back to a trusted sub-contractor for the rest of the renovation! Nothing like trying to save a little money and getting no satisfaction. Won't happen again.