AVG Technologies Logo

AVG Technologies

Having problems with AVG Technologies?

AVG Technologies reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 15, 2008. The latest review Unauthorized credit card charges was posted on Oct 6, 2021. The latest complaint trying to sell products I dont need! was resolved on Dec 07, 2014. AVG Technologies has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 197 reviews. AVG Technologies has resolved 37 complaints.

AVG Technologies Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 259 8811 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 652 4940 (United Kingdom)
+61 281 034 937 (Australia)
+32 33 697 755 (Belgium)
+31 793 630 063 (Netherlands)
+351 938 344 498 (Portugal)
+62 216 385 0091 (Indonesia)
+966 14 163 522 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 65 659 910 (Singapore)
+27 861 746 3649 (South Africa)
+82 233 970 440 (South Korea)
+54 114 116 0539 (Argentina)
Pikrtova 1737/1a

Avda. Miguel de Cervantes, 37, 41400 Ecija, Spain

Switzerland
Münchensteinerstrasse 43, 4052 Basel, Switzerland

India
702, Supreme Chambers, Off Veera, Desai Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 053, India

Indonesia
Jl. Hasyim Ashari № 125 B, Roxy, Mas Blok E2-4, 10150 Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia

Saudi Arabia
P.O. Box 14386, Gulf Commercial, Centre Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Singapore
№ 2, Jurong East Street 21, № 02-187, IMM Building, Singapore, 609601, Singapore

South Africa

P.O. Box 17706, South Zone, Jebel Ali, Free Zone, UAE, Dubai

Argentina
Paysandú 821 1 B, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Brazil
Av. Engenheiro Luis Carlos Berrini, 1681 – Cidade Moncoes, San Paulo – SP 04571-01, Brazil

Chile
Luis Thayer Ojeda 0180, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AVG Technologies Customer Service. Initial AVG Technologies complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AVG Technologies above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AVG Technologies. Discuss the issues you have had with AVG Technologies and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AVG Technologies Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

AVG AntiVirusupdates schedule

Avg schedules for update and scan :
Avg takes over my computer with its scans and updates to the point I cant use my computer for at least 30 mins while a scan or update is running.
My gf thinks I am ignoring her and lying when I tell her so am having constant argument about cause of avg.
I can reschedule the scan and an update but I have no option to reschedule their definition update and it ties up my computer for 45 mins every morning on startup, it is pissing me off and my gf

6 Responses
    • Cr
      creed51 Apr 25, 2013

Sirs, AVG (Computer antivirus Co) has taken money from my bank again! Twice within 2 weeks. My bank, 'Suntrust lets it go though.
      Norton is also doing this scam. But for now, AVG should be stopped. They are thieves.

J.A. Ramirez Oct 16, 2010

I was charged for two. one of them, the download link was broken, so i tried again. then, after $70 down the **** my computer crashed. i should have gone to an actual store instead of looking up reviews from my phone. There is service way better than this. I mean, I can't find a number to call to get a refund.

• Vb
      VBC Jun 28, 2010

Do not download AVG. It corrupted my system and I have been fighting with them since April for a refund. My credit card company is in the middle of disputing the charge and I have also turned it over to the Better Business Bureau. They're a fraudulent company with a poor product.

• Do
      Donald Raines Sep 29, 2008

I never downloaded avg but they charged my credit card before download, can I get restitution for this problem? I dont want a 5 hour download on my system.

• Dy
      Dylan Eddies Sep 27, 2008

yeah and i have free version and it doesnt even help me at all i have wot on my computer and wot said a website was dangerous while avg said it was harmless

• Lo
      louise Aug 27, 2008

I don't have any idea why I am being billed three times thought I was getting anti virus protection and cant even find where it loaded on my computer.

AVGfalse charging

I received an invoice for & pound;59.99, already paid for a two year renewal of avg internet security. On checking I had two licences that I was no longer using, but had been automatically renewed by avg and my credit card charged. I hadn't ordered the renewal, or authorised any payment. As far as I can see this ought to be illegal, charging your credit card without any authorisation. For a company selling security software this is disreputable and can only be viewed as a scam. How do you tackle this, I can write to the credit card company, but there should be a more effective way of flagging this. Any ideas

AVGsuport

I went to walmart store a purchased avg from there shelf 10/15/14 at 17:38:11. Came home placed the disk in to load program. Ran
      The disk came up with problems. Called support on phone at number given on internet for that. Talked to rep karan shroff. All he wanted to do was sale me product maintenance he did not try to fix any part of avg..

• Ro
          roger key Jul 25, 2016

Likewise in the UK Purchased a driver repair /update product When this was useless i phoned the AGV helpline BEWARE THIS IS AVG GO, Who are only interested in selling further maintenance products.If this service falls short of what it should supply DON'T EXPECT ANY HELP FROM AVG They reply that AVG-GO is a "reseller" 5 weeks and perhaps 20 hours on the phone(mostly on hold) and eventually the £160 refund came as a surprise.Quite frankly is has made the brand of AGV ! STINK! I just cannot understand why a well known multinational company uses a call center that operates in this way.

AVG AntiViruspersistent attempts to install avg anti virus protection

I had norton anti-virus protection, until last february 0f 2012 when it expired. I then tried avg anti-virus protection for one year but didn't like the pop-up adds and general bad service. Last february, 2014, I purchased and installed norton anti-virus protection once again. I thought this norton soft-ware cleaned out the avg software. Apparently, it did not. For the last six months avg has been sending pop-ups trying to re-install their program. How do I get them to stop???

AVG Internet Securityscam

I paid for agv internet security, they took charge of my computer, a few days later I had a pakistani sounding fella call me on my home land line that only 1 other person has that number an told me I had a huge downloading going on from windows, and that im to let him take charge of my computer which of course, I put down the phone, I can only think they could have got my number through the internet connection... My father in law had the same thing happen to him... Anyone else had the same? If so contact me and we will contact the police.

3 Responses
              Martin Harper Jan 23, 2015

MY HOME DESK TOP PC CRASH OF BEING LOADED WITH VIRUS. I JUST RENEW PAYMENT FOR PROPECTION EFFECT WENT MY OLD EXPIRE IN DECEMBER 2014. I WISH A REFUND AND TO CANCEL ANY FURTHER TRANTRACTION WITH AVG. PH NR. [protected] . IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL.

• Br
              brigitte diaz May 05, 2010

On april 24 / 2010 I renewed my internet security and paid with my mastercard crdit card, received my cd from avg about 4 days later but it does not work. Yesterday may 4/2010 I received a message from avg that I have no protection at all . Please help. thank you.

Janice casselman Nov 05, 2008

I would like a refund on AVG products 81.27 Canadian charged on my Visa and never recieved any product Key to activate the product ...

AVGcustomer service does not exist

When I bought avg tuneup, avg actually installed a virus or trojan horse on my computer which changed my preference for newtab selection. I spent many hours one day trying to rid myself of this abomination, reading complaint files, etc. I tried uninstalling the programs through windows programs and features and in some way it was locked in and would just loop instead of allowing its removal. I tried the avg browser configuration tool — the one promoted by the company on its customer service page and it would not work. If it did once, it would stop working on the second attempt. The phone number listed was bogus. It had been disconnected some time ago and the similarly bogus customer support page still showed it.
            I finally had to manually go into the browser configuration page about:config and search "newtab" and manually remove it. So far it is working. But as a result of the nonexistent customer support, I have disputed my credit card company paying them for avg tuneup and I have removed it from my computer! It is unfortunate because previously I had had good results from both the purchased anti-virus program and the pc tuneup program. This experience was enough to sour me totally on the company. I will search for another internet security program from someone who actually cares about its customers.

2 Responses
              • Ga
                Gabriel Mendoza Jul 23, 2015

I; bought tree thing, not is product not is service not money only stolen I, m Gabriel M Lopez

• Ly
                Lyle E Martin Aug 08, 2014

I bought the 2014 AVG 2014 with PC Clean-up. It gave me both licenses, but the instructions weren't able to be completed. This is because it would not show me the links I was supposed to click on. Every time I would click on AVG it would go to my 2012 AVG. It will not show me the 2014 AVG nor the clean-up program.

AVGextremely poor customer service

I live in australia. I renewed my avg licence in may 2014.In mid june 2014, due to a lightning strike nearby, my pcs hard drive and cpu were destroyed. I have bought a new computer and even though I have had conversations with several overseas representatives of avg (their grasp of the english language is questionable) and at least 5 emails back and forward, I still cannot get assistance to transfer the remainder of my one year licence to my new computer. I have provided then with a copy of their invoice showing that they received the original payment and issued me with a key number in may. I have tried using that key number in my new computer but it does not work. They keep telling me to download the original version from my old computer and do not seem to understand that it is totally buggered. It does not seem fair that even though I have been a regular customer for about 8 years, when you need a hand their compassion and assistance is zero. It is not the piddling cost of paying for a new licence that disturbs me, it is the principle that is involved.

AVG Internet Securityfake charges and impossible to stop them

I tried to get info from the company echo technical support c o avg internet security. I left my personal info and my question, but these jerk sonly started to charge me without my permission. I tried to stop them, but of course they continued to take money from me. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me how to stop these withdrawals. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

Avg Anti-virusincompetence

I bought the AVG PC Tuneup and also used the free AVG internet security package. I then bought the professional version of the anti-virus security package. I was having trouble upgrading to the Pro version and contacted AVG support. They said they will do the install for me for $14.95 by taking control of my computer. I protested saying that the update problem was theirs and not mine. They said that because I am such a highly-valued customer they would do it for free. To make a long story short they couldn’t do the upgrade, my computer became inoperable, and finally they told me to contact my Internet Access Provider.

Based on my reading of user complaints I know that I will not be able to get a refund so I am cutting my losses. BUT

NO MORE AVG for me!

2 Responses
                    • Vr
                      vrrooomm Nov 19, 2011

I paid for the full version of AVG. I got a virus and called customer service. They put me off for several days, always lying that I would have a resolution by the end of the day. Never fixed the virus, wouldn't refund my money because it was not in the first 30 days. Can't believe that a company that sells anti-virus software allows you to get a virus and then doesn't nothing to correct it or compensate.

• Ce
                      Cecille Craven May 29, 2009

Reference order #[protected] dated April 11, 2009
                      On April 16, 2009, I returned the AVG Anti-Virus and AVG 8.5 Installation Disc because I could not get it to work with my computer. I asked that credit be applied to my Visa card in the amount of $45.94. To this date, credit has not been applied. Please advise status of my account.
                      Cecille Craven
                      [email protected]
                      [protected]

AVGunauthorized credit card transaction

AVG charged me 50.99 for a renewal I did not ask for or authorize. They were charging me 50.99 for the same software avg sells at Wal mart for 15 bucks. I did get a hold of avg customer service, they told me they would refund between 1-2 weeks. I did use my credit card 2 years ago to purchase their anti-virus online. Scary how they keep that information then use it whenever they feel like it. Avg used to be a good company before they got greedy.

Avgthreatlabs.comstay away

I decided to try AVG antivirus from the website www.avgthreatlabs.com. I downloaded it, but nothing worked. I contacted the AVG Support Centre and told about my problem. I spoke with a man, who started to yell at me and told not to call them, because I bother him. He hung up on me and I was shocked. Please, leave comments about your experience with this company and website, and I think it will be very useful for other customers.

AVGfraudulent billing

I downloaded avg [free} virus protection for my computer. My start-up was damaged by root-kits that avg did not find. I was forced to reformat and rebuild my system. This time I downloaded avast and it found the root-kits. After installing avast - avg without permission billed me $46.74 for their paid service and my bank account was charged. How did they get my credit card number to do this? I had to cancel my debit card and have the bank dispute the charge.

• Fi
                            fishinggonebad Oct 08, 2014

wow.. can not believe avg does not have any support.. glad I only purchase one computer & stopped before doing the other six. We sent two questions which never got replies. anyway avg can't live with out support... time too short we are going else where for protection

AVGtech buddy service

I had minor problems with my laptop, paid avg tech buddy service $199.99 for full year service, money back guarantee, they did not fix my problems, the following day they worked on my laptop again, the laptop crashed, they got it somewhat running again, now I have all kinds of problems on my laptop, it freezes up all the time, system restore not working, important data has been deleted, problems with start up.
                          I requested my money back, they argued with me on the phone then via email avg informed me that they will have to charge me for their "work" and are now not responding to my emails anymore. Worst customer service I have ever encountered.

• Ol
                              Olethron Sep 20, 2013

pop up during online video game play interferes (blocks controls during play and puts focus on avg) with game play and gets me killed.

AVGterrible customer service

I had a few minor problems with my laptop, paid $199.99 for full year service, avg tech buddy service never fixed my original problems, they worked on my laptop again for 6 hours and it crashed, they barely got it running again, now I have all kinds of problems, laptop freezing up, system restore doesn't work, important data has been deleted, start up has problems etc. , I requested a refund, avg informed me that they will have to charge me for their "work", has not given me a refund yet and is totally ignoring me.
                            Worst customer service ever.
                            M. Del prete

Avg Buddy Techpaid for 3 services from avg, and never got one that worked

I first of all purchased avg anti-virus and this is where all my issues began. It seemed to cause issues with my computer running. I also purchased a cd copy to come in the mail, and paid extra for it. (never received it). Then my computer started having issues. I called avg and they said I probable had a virus, I responded with I have a problem with having to call in to a company who I can not understand any other language than english, I was promised if I was not completely satisfied with my service I could get a full refund. With this promise I paid $ 199.00 for avg tech buddy. My first attempt to use it, did not work. So later I called to get it fixed again. I spoke to someone to which I could not understand him, so I requested to speak to someone that I could understand a little better. I was told that was not possible. So I requested another number to talk to someone about my situation, again I was told this is the only number I could call. The only people I could reach were people that were reading a script and could not answer my questions. Called back atleast 20 times, and could not reach anyone who could help me. So almost $ 300.00 later I still have a computer that is still freezing up on me, and no help, can not get a refund, cant get through to anyone who will take responsibility for this mess. (i am disquisted with avg to say the least.

AVG Internet Securityblatant theft of money from my account

A few years ago I took my computer in for servicing. After making the necessary repairs the technician informed me that he had installed a 'free' version of avg anti-virus and if I liked it after a year I could upgrade. A few months later I junked the computer and purchased a new laptop. Three years later I received an email from avg stating that my account was going to be automatically charged for a renewal of the antivirus software. I immediately called them back and stated in no uncertain terms that I was not going to pay for a service 1) I did not order, 2) I did not authorize and 3) on which computer I stopped using three years ago. They apologized and told me to go to the myavg homepage and make the necessary adjustments refusing the 'continuing protection services'. I told them I did not have an account with them and even tried logging on to that page with my email address and their site responded that they had no record of an email I have been using for two decades now. They apologized and gave me a confirmation number stating that my account would not be charged and I would be removed as a customer from their databases. Today my bank called to informed me that avg had charged my account with a $71.00 fee and the bank viewed it as 'possible fraudulent activity' and as such were shutting down my account till I could clear the matter up. They promised to send me a new credit/debit card with new pin in the meantime. I am seeking damages against avg for fraud and illegal; activity. I am appalled that they government would allow this sort of chicanery and highway robbery to run rampant in this day and age...

AVGcharges

AVG charged my Paypal account without authorization. I donot even have a computer anymore. I use a ipad. They refuse to even acknowledge the fact that I have written in detail and sent copies of the charge. I only get a form email back telling me to take a screen shot of my computer screen.
                                  Horrible customer service

• Ba
                                      Barry Oakley Jul 10, 2013

I have come to the conclusion that AVG is a rogue organisation. I'm a UK user of AVG anti-virus and bought the paid-for version, believing I would get free support if a problem arose. Last month AVG directed me to GuruAid, an Indian organisation and believing that the fix would be free I was asked for Dollars 100. Outrageous!! Recently I purchased AVG PC-TuneUP but was unable to activate it even though progress bars indicated it had been downloaded. I sought AVG help and was then told a telephone call would cost £1.53p per minute. I shall never deal with AVG again. They are a set of rogues!!!

Avguns.comI have never received my products

I bought a bid pack from avguns.com and then have never received my products. I was reimbursed bids which were good for nothing. I also won a $25 Amazon gift card for a little over $10 but was never sent the gift card. They took my bids, my money and never sent me my card!

AVGrejection of licence renewal

I'm a home customer of avg, the anti-virus people. I subscribe to their avg pc tuneup 2012, my licence (#000020-acm814-agar31-461tpk-8atfga-99rxp8-79b5xw-9ub5h9-z8bv83-6nrdpp-0j25ud) now requiring renewal.in addition to the usual purchasing details, they also required to know my asb credit limit and whether I receive "true rewards". having given these data, i'm told they're incorrect and my renewal application is rejected. I take the greatest exception to this unmotivated insult. what can I do about it?
                                      Regards
                                      Gerry de wit, auckland, new zealand

Respond

AVG Internet Securitylack of customer support and not renewing my license after taking payment

27 October 2012, approx 7:30pm: I contacted AVG on their freephone number ([protected]). I needed to renew my AVG License and also reduce it from 3 computers to 2 computers. The guy I spoke to reduced the amount of computers and asked if I wished to renew for 1 year or 2 years. For ease I opted for 2 computers, 2years security at a cost of £59.99. The guy took my card details, confirmed that my payment had been accepted and that my renewal AVG license number would be emailed to me within 15 mins. What an easy process I thought. How wrong could I be!

27 October 2012 - approximately 10:30pm: I still had no email confirming my renewal and license number. I then contacted via web chat, AVG. I explained the situation and asked them to provide me with my renewal license details. They proceeded to tell me that they had not processed my order yet they had taken payment. As you can imagine I was not impressed.
                                        I asked the customer service person what could be done. He told me that my case would be referred to another department but it would take them 3 days to get back to me to start resolving the problem. My AVG runs out in 2 days so I do not have 3 days to wait for a team to start resolving my issue. I asked the AVG customer support guy for the details of the department that he was sending my case to - he refused to give me any details. I then asked him for the complaints department details and he said they didnt exist. I then said that complaints must be dealt with by someone and he said that they were but he couldnt give me details of where to send in a complaint. I was then told by this guy to use the Free edition of AVG while my case is resolved. So I am supposed to pay £59.99 and then have to use the free version becuase of their incompetence to process my order and give me a license key??? I dont think so!
                                        The whole customer service experience with AVG has been unacceptable from the start! I would not recommend anyone to use their company at all!