Having problems with AutoZone?

123 South Front Street
Memphis, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AutoZone.

Complaints & Reviews

AutoZone — product charges and racism

I am very familiar with Autozones code of conduct and sales. I have used them for most of parts being they...

AutoZone — poor service rude employees

The worst service anywhere..They wont even move out of their chairs and help you they say, , whatevers on the...

AutoZone — abusive company policies

I had the unfortunate experience of being an Autozone employee for 18 months. Everything I was told when...

AutoZone — beware

Autozone, normally puts oil & filter on sale, and I buy much oil & filter to change them in our four cars, I...

Autozonebad person to person contact

On Octorber the 20, 2017 I was miss treated by Auto Zone security. There security was an district of Columbia police officer. I went into there store an I notice a note on the door that said check all bags at the counter. I notice when I came in the officer was standing out side an enter behind me. I notice that all the cashier's were working so I asked him what should I do with my bag? He said put it on the floor an pointed near the soda machine. i asked him whoes going to watch my bag? An He said not me. So i asked the officer why should i put my bag there if no one is going to watch it. He said well if your not going to put it down you have to leave the store. So that's what i did i left. I don't mind leaving my bag at the counter as long as it's behind the counter not just sitting by the an soda machine.

bad person to person contact

• St
      storm1605 Nov 22, 2010

AArp, Law Offices, Legal Match, etc are never there when you as an
      old gal, search for help.When i was young, i was affraid to be in this
      situation, discriminated based in your age.color of your skin, etc, yes
      sir and this is the case in Auto Zone, Unfortunatelly they have a batallion of corrupted Managers helped and protected by the lawyers to do whatever they want against employees.When you are part of their team and cover them up, they will back you up even if you are
      wrong or what you did or do is against the law.Promotions, salary increases are based in friendship.color, etc, not based in experience or years of services. they manipulate the law as they want.

AutoZone — lifetime warranty

tuesday sept. 22 around 9-10am went to return my starter for another one. had a life time warranty? they...

AutoZone — incompetence

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima. The engine quit running about a month ago. I finally brought it to the dealer...

AutoZone — horrible customer service

I went to Autozone to get a "check engine" light diagnostic code read on my vehicle. After waiting in line...

AutoZone — upselling is complete B.S.

Ok this company has such a lack of focus, it's freakin mind-numbing. They've made it very clear...

Autozone — rude, no knowlege, customer service

Every time I go to Auto Zone I have problems. They are unfamiliar with new products, can't ask a...

AutoZonehorrifying customer service

Saturday July 7, 2017
    We go an Autozone in New Rochelle, NY. The staff has always been helpful and curteous. That's until today. With a diagnostic paper in hand I accompanied my mother to purchase oxygen sensor(s). We went looking for the girl who gave her the diagnostic paper yesterday but, instead met MS. MOTOR MOUTH. This young woman proceeded to belittle me and suggest I was a ### for not knowing what kind of sensors we needed. I attempted to explain the directions given by the rep yesterday but every time I started, she interrupted me with a pointedly loud question: "BEFORE or AFTER?" This went on several times until my mother remembered she had been recommended to buy an Universal oxygen sensor. That should have been the end. But not for Ms. Motor Mouth who found the perfect opportunity to tell me that I should shut up since I did not know what I was talking about. When I replied: " if you had let me explain . . ." . she felt offended and then proceeded to pretty much dress me down and wipe the floor with me. It was pretty embarrassing. At one point I looked behind me and all the customers in the store were gathered behind us in complete absorption while this woman kept running her mouth. I asked her several times to stop and just take our order but she refused. I asked to speak to a manager but she replied that there was none. Pretty mad by now and in a desperate attempt to stop her I took a bow before her and then slapped my hands and rushed her to just place the order. The store became dead silent. All eyes were on us. And if it had been a Western, at this point the guns would have been drawn and the first shot would have been heard. Thankfully, another rep took pity on us and came to take our order. She kept on interrupting him and telling him to take care of his other customer . . . she asked him to 'help my mother not I, etc. " She kept coming around and pointedly making loud comments and getting on my face. I was being taunted and provoked. In all and all a pretty humilliating and terrifying experience. Her behavior was right out of the lowest of the lowest kind of people. But what is more amazing is that no one at the store stopped her or said anything to her. Doesn't Autozone train its employees to treat customers with professionalism? One thing I know for sure: I will not be patronizing this store any longer . . .

Hayde

• Mi
        MichelleMartin Oct 28, 2009

The third time I came in to have my the diagnostic tool run on my car, they completely ignored me again in the line of customers waiting.
        Having been blown off the first time, while 1 person took care of customers and 2 others flitted around, I left after 30 plus minutes.

The second time the guy just completely cut me from the line, and when I said something pulled this whole attitude with me.

The third time it was the actual acting manager who cut me from the line while the other employee just stood there and let him.

The sad part is when I confronted him with it he was like, oh, yeah. That guy doesn't really work at this store. Then I had to actually ask him if he was even sorry about my treatment.
        Must not be too much but then again, I guess the 1000 plus a year I spend will go somewhere else.

I would not expect to be treated well at this location.

• Re
        Real Autozoner Apr 10, 2011

As an Autozoner myself I would like to personally say sorry for your s**t service, and wish you lived in the downriver area in MI so I personally could show you a true AUTOZONE! My job at work is to help all customers with a freindly touch and get my customers in safe running vehicles. If your ever in Allen Park MI please come to that store you wont believe the service you'd get and we would return your jack no questions asked!

• Vs
        vsev Jun 19, 2011

Don the manager at the autozone in rapid city, sd is most interested in rude service to native americans then selling parts for autozone in some cases he charges more for parts or out right get out of my store he openly practices these rude customer services to natives ameriecans on a daily basis, don charged us 200.00 for a core exchange for a battery itlod him why he's charging us so much money for the core and he said it's my store or go some were else, i don't need your bussiness here! get out he told us.and make it worst he still works there.

• To
        Too Smart Jun 19, 2011

you know how tiring it gets reading/listening to the race card over and over? Frankly, I doubt that you are a native American, you cannot spell and have no command of English. I think you are a foreigner, and I'm ready to bet money that you are from ...

• Vl
        Vlad902002 Oct 22, 2011

I bought a bunch of stuff at an "Autozone" store, among other items there was a big can of freon (R-134a) for $ 29.99

When I tried to use the credit on my Autozone card the store clerk made a mistake and was not able to apply the credit to this purchase. So he made a return and rang the stuff up again. When I tried to return the big can of freon because only a little bit was missing in my A/C, the computer said "this item has already been returned". I told the clerk: "here is the can, it has not been returned, and it is brandnew, not been opened... don't you see it ? here is the receipt showing that I purchased it..."

I asked the store clerk to give me store credit instead if a refund was a big problem for them. he asked me for my driver's license, swiped it and the display said "return denied" - he printed out a slip that gave me a number for an external "return approval company". when I called this company they told me " you had another return without a receipt within the last 6 months, this is why you were not approved for store credit"

Autozone, you made my day - if you believe that you can play games with customers, not with me. Wal-Mart is cheaper, anyway and they sell Freon as well. If it is something else that I need next time it is going to be Checker or Pep Boys. I hope that this "Store credit approval company" will increase your revenue and create many, many happy customers that will happily continue to frequent your stores.

• Se
        seriously2 Mar 03, 2012

Give you a big hint! Auto Zone PARTS STORE!! NOT Auto Zone Automotive shop!! It is a DIY store!! If you can't fix the problem yourself DON'T take your car to a parts store take it to a shop!! Would you go to a Doctor that specializes in knees if your arm hurts? Just saying common sense plays a big role, you get what you pay for FREE and what Sears CHARGED you!

Autozone Store 5288poor customer service

i when to autozone on yonker store 5288. the manager and employee had no customer service skill. as a female driver i was told to go to autozone and by battery that they would it on for me. it was raining but lite rain the sun was out. but i was told that theycould not help me, and when the manager came out he was rude because he saw that he was wrong. at the end with a nasty attitude he told his employee to help me and they both left without letting me know what was going to happen next after 20 minutes i just left.

i do not recommend that location to anyone. i am going further with this complaint.
      thanks.

AutoZone — wrong auto parts to many times

To whom it may concern, I resently traded a 1992 GMC Jimmy for a 1976 Chevy Truck in rough condition. I lost...

AutoZone — poor customer service

My name is Renee' Johnbaptiste. I had taken my car to Firestone to check my car battery, because it...

Autozonebad/no service

Let it be known this was auto zone in gonzales, texas & I am a woman.
        I walk in with the battery from my riding lawn mower, two guys are working. One is behind the counter waiting on a couple of guys. The other is the manager who is stocking items on a display rack not more than 3 feet from where I sat my battery. All I wanted to know was the voltage. He told me he would be with me in a few minutes. Five went by — the phone rings & he graps it and proceeds to wait on the guy on the phone. Guess I would have gotten help quicker if I had called. Anyway, the guy standing with his friend knew about batteries and helped me out. I have bought hundreds of dollars worth of parts from them in the past - but I will never set foot in that store again!!!

AutoZone — scam and cheating

I visited the Morristown, TN Autozone store at 625 S. Cumberland St on March 22, 2008 to purchase a fuel...

AutoZonesold used parts

I quit AutoZone--I was a mgr for 6 yrs----they sell used parts as new----wake up consumers!! They are thieves--also--they cut hours and threaten termination if mgrs and employees do not upsell you--you the customer----used parts as new--wake up people!! Plus the free testing?? A lot of times the machinery is not working at all----so you will get un true results----they will lie to you to sell you parts!!! Just ask any mechanic----think twice before you buy--truly----also when you ask for a dist mgr # to call?? They will hesitate to give it to you

• Bu
              business man Aug 13, 2009

You Were FIRED!!! you were not a good manager is my guess. fling below the radar, keeping sales down. In any business you up sell. you got bonuses for putting more money on the bottom line. Retail is sales, and used parts, you were not paying attention of what your employees were doing. they were returning parts with out checking them. I'm glad I never went to your store when you were a store manager.

• Ih
              IHA2009 Aug 07, 2010

The OP is right about Autozone selling used parts as new. Customers will return things that they have installed on their vehicles and all they do is put it back in the box and reshelf it.Then resell it as a new product. Ive had this happen to me before. They are a very greedy company.

matlock1981 Sep 12, 2010

@business man? (yeah right)

Hey...you don't know his detailed life story of employment with AZ do you? I'm telling you right now "business man" i used to work for AZ for 7 effin' years!...THERE IS NO WAY IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM OF GETTING BONUSES FOR SELLING CRAPPY RE-MANUFACTERED AUTO PARTS! AZ doesn't give extra money to its employees simply for doing what they tell you to do as a job! Yeah..Retail is sales and AZ isn't going to give anyone a bonus for selling their parts...NO ONE! It doesn't work that way with this Sh**ty company! Maybe for a store manager after a year or more of service you might possibly get a little bonus...but then they take a big, fat wet bite out of it for taxes and who knows what else?! Bonus?...yeah more like a freakin' Boner right up the [censor]!

Autozoneterrible experience

I work for Auto Zone as a commercial driver (I deliver parts from Auto Zone to car repair businesses in a 50 mile radius). When I had my interview the manager said we would discuss the pay if I got hired. After 2 interviews I was hired for $8.00 an hour. He told me I would get hazard pay and periodic raises after 90 days. I put in my 90 days and 2 days before my 90 days was completed everyone else got a raise and I was told that I had to wait till next year to get my raise because I did not have my 90 days in at the time. I was steaming.

I went over and above what I was supposed to do. I kept all the trucks clean and made sure they were safe. Checked oil, tire pressure, etc... I cleaned the bathrooms in the store and made sure they looked neat and tidy. Nobody else seemed to do this which I found odd. I would be sent on errands in the company truck, such as, going to pick up carryout food for store employees (supervisors and managers included), going to do personal banking for the manager, sent to Walmart to get change because the manager forgot to get it ahead of time.

If any of this interfered with my lunch either my manager or my supervisor would ask for my password and clock me in and out. (I'm pretty sure that was not allowed). I was also asked to deliver parts during my lunch hour and on my way home. (I would leave to go home and call the store after I had delivered the parts on my way home and they would clock me out---And again I'm sure that is not allowed). When interviewed I was told that I would have to be able to lift 40 pounds. Some of the rotors and hubs and batteries weigh much more than 40 pounds. They have to be lifted. People have hurt themselves doing this and if they weren't wearing a back brace at the time they are screwed. I won't lift anything I can't and at times get into trouble for it.

At first I was working about 38 hours and sometimes went over 40 hours by a few minutes. Auto Zone does not allow any overtime so this was a no-no. Then when insurance enrollment came around my hours got cut down to under 30 hours. (With Auto Zone anything over 35 hours is considered full time). I was told by an employee at another store that they do this every year when there is open enrollment for insurance.

I explained to my manager that I could not afford insurance anyway because I was a single parent and had to use all of my pay just to pay my bills and get by. I was assured that was not the reason my hours were cut. I was told that business was slow and I would get more when it picked back up. I kept checking the numbers (amount of sales) and they were going up, not down. So I feel that I was lied to.

Mean while I kept getting further behind in my bills at home. Then when cold weather came my hours got cut even more. I am now down to 11 hours a week and at $8.00 an hour, that doesn't pay many bills. And every time I check the numbers they are right up there. Which leads me to believe there is no good reason to have my hours cut.

I watch the counter employees add items to the customers purchases, such as bulb grease, or belt dressing, etc..without their knowledge. I have heard the manager tell them to do it. I feel that it is wrong and the customer is none the wiser. I also have read that all the Auto Zones do this. There aught to be a law.

I am currently looking for another job while working my 11 hours a week at Auto Zone. Auto Zone does not give a rat's a-- about their employees so if you are looking for a job, stay clear of Auto Zone!!!

• Gs
                gstfat Feb 05, 2009

wow that sucks, good luck man

angelbear09 Oct 09, 2009

I agree fully. Autozone needs to get their act together before they loose out on more business. It is just plain stupid that people who try and balance family and work are discriminated against like this.

I'm sorry but I'd rather go to Orielly's and buy my car parts then to ever buy from their again.

• Fr
                Frank Aug 23, 2016

I recently purchased a mirror replacement kit (Permatex) and followed the instructions to the "T". When i took the item back to our Waverly, Ohio store, I left with nothing except an upset customer. If you think you can do something, my address is Frank Conkel 206 Seventh St. Waverly, Oh 45690. Unless something is done I WILL NOT go in your store again except to get honored guarantees.

I have done business with this store since it opened and have had no problem except for now. I do not, repeat do not plan to enter your store again unless something is done. I am a senior and do not appreciate the service I received.

• Do
                Dontgotoautozone Aug 23, 2016

I was sexually assaulted in this store by an employee after he sent my husband outside to get information on our car. I immediately left and called corporate and was given the regional manager, James Payne, who laughed at me and refused to give me any information on his "resolution". I filed a police report and the store manager refused him information as well, stating their video surveillance system is broken. I don't even know if the man was fired and I will not be going back there to find out. I am shocked, ashamed, embarrassed and extremely depressed over the way I've been treated by this store and this company. I will NEVER go here or any Auto Zone again and neither will my friends or family.

• Il
                ilkon Aug 23, 2016

Auto Zone located in Mulberry, FL. There is a Rep there who is very rude, no tact at all. He is non-American, perhaps India, not sure. Call to price some items one day and when I arrived to the store he quoted me a different price. I told him that it was not fair and he told me that they are in business to make money not lose it. One of the most unprofessional things I’d ever heard coming from an employee’s mouth…not matter how true it is. He said in such a distasteful way as if he could care less about me being a customer. Others have complained about him as well. People should stay home if they don’t like their job or customer management. He needs to be FIRED!

AutoZone — defective product

About six or seven months ago I bought a Distributor cap from the Autozone here in Tell City Indiana and had...

Tell City

AutoZoneterrible company

When I was a manager at AutoZone, we were encouraged to get our employees to upsell. But at what cost? Employees that didn't upsell were targeted with less hours and other disciplinary types of actions. AutoZone is mainly interested in making money, at whatever cost. While I was there, many laws and ethics were broken. This is the way this company seems to do its business. All you have to do is read reports on this website as well as others, and you will see that this is not only my opinion and truth...but that of many others.

While I was manager, there were many customers that received upselling items unknowingly. Upper management was aware of this and did not discourage it. I have made numerous attempts with AutoZone to do the right thing, and all I received from the company was a discharge from the company for disclosing unethical and illegal practices.

Although this does not happen in every store, AutoZone is aware of it, and doesn't find ethics or customers to be their top priorities.

• Ka
                  KatherineC Jun 07, 2010

Autozone places far too much emphasis on things that are barely, if at all, profitable. WITT (those stupid little packets of chemicals they want you ta badger customers into buying), checkout challange (I've actually had to talk customers out of buying a better, more expensive product and into buying whatever we happen to be pushing at the time), Parts-On-Hold (90% are never picked up-I've lost sales because of it), and the biggest money loser of them all-Check Engine Lights. CEL results in ZERO dollars for the store and just confuses and pisses off customers when you can't tell them what part they need and you're notallowed to turn the light off. I could go onbut anyone who has ever worked at Autozone already knows how sensless their practices are and how poorly they treat their people.

• Az
                  az~oh Dec 30, 2010

Well said Katherine!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices