AT&TLandline and older internet

E Jun 04, 2020

Landline and internet stopped working in march, got it working again, stopped in april, after several days started working stopped may 31, tech came out june 2nd, couldn't get either to work and suggested upgrading to fiber internet. Did that had it connected june 4th but still no phone. Tech said the phone's not part of the fiber internet. He spent an hour on the phone going from one person to the next trying to get the phone working. He, an employee, had no luck with the at&t phone system so how can regular people. Another tech is coming tomorrow to try and fix it. Been without a phone since sunday. At&t suggested I get an at&t cell phone, continue paying for the landline and have those calls forwarded to the cell. Double the cost. Did my employer call to have me return to work? Don't know since I don't have a phone. Landlines should be repaired immediately as many older people do not have cell phones and rely on the landline for phone service. At&t has not offered to reduce the bill for days of no service nor have they offered to reduce the bill for the hours spent on the phone with them only to be transferred to one person then another, none of they can do anything. I'm disappointed in this company.

• Ju
    Judy Jones Hinkle Aug 04, 2020

The exact same thing happened with my Business landline. I depend on my business to pay my bills. I'm so glad that I didn't take out a longer contract with them!! I took the 1 year contract and during that time my phone has been out of service 75% of the time. I got sick of calling & waiting on the phone to talk to somone so I'm waiting out the contract. I told them I would not renew and they gave me an order # . At&t is getting so crooked that I expect them to try to shove a renewal down my throat whether I like it or not!!! I'm 73 years old & about ready to retire. So sorry about all of us having these problems with what use to be a fine service. Now it has gone to h e l l ...