ATTjob offer rescinded

D

I have some personal news that i wanted to share with you, a cousin of mine applied for a position with att, went through the whole process of testing, interviewing, background check and drug testing. even got a job offer from the att staffing associate, my cousin was also given the starting date and how much was the salary.they even told my cousin to call the current work and give them a notice.my cousin quit the job and was getting all prepared to start at att.
well! 2 days after the election, someone from att staffing called my cousin and told my cousin that due to "business reasons" and decisions made from the top. the job offer is no longer valid and has been rescinded. you can imagine the horrible scenario, my cousin had quit the job my cousin was working at and now att annuled the job offer.this is so wrong because you can't play with people's lives like that. my cousin went through the WHOLE process and invested a month of time to test, interview and went through drug testing and background, and in a split second, they just decided that due to some reasons, they were just going to forego and take back the job offer and destroy people's lives like that!!! i'm very sure and positive that my cousin was not the only personn around the country applying for a job and got offered the position to later on have it rescinded.
to make matter worse, after hearing the crushing news, the att staffing associate apologized to my cousin saying that they were sorry and very embarrassed about the situation but it was out of their control and they had to call around and announce the bad news to everyone who were offered a job. my cousin called the previous company to get the job back and found out it was already filled.
having to feed a family of 4 with 2 small kids. my cousin was now jobless and morally and physically crushed.with no job and money coming in, and no unemployment benefit(since my cousin just quit the job. my cousin just commited suicide last thursday,
our economy is already in very bad shape and thousands and thousand of families are on the street, because of att's greed, they've not only put a family on the street but also took someone's live. i spoked to the spouse and there is definitely a lawsuit coming out of this. our whole family is completely shattered by this. GREAT JOB ATT!!! you have suceeded at putting more American families on the street

passion143 Dec 20, 2014

This exact expierence just happened to me and it is a horrible feeling. I don't understand why a company would do such a thing.

AnonATT Aug 20, 2014

Managers verbally abuse and assault employees, threaten them with firing, and expect them to perform better for that.

• St
    StevewashackedbyATT May 26, 2014

I switched cell service from ATT to Tmobile and got a new iPhone from Apple. It worked fine until I tried to download contacts and photos from the previous phone to my new phone from my PC. Amazingly this resulted in ATT LOCKING MY Tmobile phone which had never been on the ATT system.

sailndayz Aug 19, 2013

Signed up for U-Verse DSL internet. It is massively slow. I ran an internet speed check, 4 times. Instead of 3 MPS, I'm getting .30 MPS... They say, well the phone lines and equipment in your area are really old. That I believe! They have zero plans to upgrade lines and equipment. I've learned of similar problems in the Fresno, CA area.

• Sp
    spalding.mike Jul 06, 2013

In February or March 2013 I dropped my satellite provider and called Direct TV to bundle my home phone, internet and TV with ATT. Direct TV set me up with the TV portion and connected me directly to ATT where I was quoted 61.95 per month for home phone and internet service . It seemed like two days later I received a message from ATT stating that a tech would be over to hook up the phone and internet service. I did meet the tech at my house and explained that I do not need or want any new services hooked up as my phone and internet are working fine. I let the tech know I just want to sign up for the bundle offer. I also have made several calls to ATT to take care of this problem and seems that I have had no success .

• Re
    ReallyATT? Oct 17, 2012

wont let me pay online. have to pa cash in store. when i go to store with cash they chuckle and look at me strange and tell me i can pay with debit card. so i went to store to pay with debit card that i was trying to pay online and via phone with 4 different corporate customer service representatives.

• Ne
    ne1uno Oct 12, 2011

after 3 months I finally received a debit card with my $75 rebate for installing ATT Uverse. I followed the directions on the card to activate it and it will not activate. The card expires in two months and I can not activate it or use it. What the hey...and they call themselves a communications company. I have been along time customer of ATT cell phone and new customer of ATT Uverse. this is a scam, they are not too big to scam!

• Eg
    egoren Aug 19, 2011

I recently cancelled my internet service with AT&T. When I asked why there was no credit on my final bill for the remaining days of the service that I prepaid, I was told they don't credit for internet service. Just another way a big company is ripping off consumers in a big way.

Jane Quattlander Jul 20, 2011

Addition to case [protected]. I have tried to contact ATT about this. When I go online or on the phone they say they don't have that number listed with my name. There is no payment due via phone or Internet which suggests to me that payment was received, but they never notified the collection agency.Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Jane Quattlander Jul 20, 2011

RE: [protected] is the case number I got from the representative on the phone from disputes @bayareacredit.com.
    My account shows unpaid bill for ATT. Bill was paid in May. Confirmation #2ZM70NL1F0IRKJB. If this code is incorrect, the numbers 0 after the 7 and 0 after the F may be the capital letter O. The capital letter I may be a 1. When I wrote the code, I wrote it all in one size, not paying attention to the numeric, alphabetic similarities for O0 and I1. I paid this when I had the phone disconnected. Thank you

• Ru
    ruchi rungta Jun 23, 2011

I ordered a iphone 4 a month back with expedite shipping. Its been month now that I havent received my phone. I have called them several times but all only being asked to call some other number. Its been a totally frustating process. I was also suggested to have ordered the phone from shop instead of calling them. I am totally frustated .I will not suggest ATT to anyone

Mashoke Mar 15, 2011

Please, PLEASE don't buy any of the products from AT&T. On Monday we bought their Internet/Residential service and is now Thursday and we haven't been able to use the line because it's blocked by them.

I've been transferred from 4 to 7 different representatives in a day and nothing has been done.

This is a nightmare, but worst, this is fraud.

• Pl
    PlgSlmJeg Jan 10, 2011

I work for att and i am so annoyed with these att cust who call up yelling at me and calling me names. I am the only att rep who actually tells the cust the truth yet i get all the bs calls. AND im sick of these cust who call and get mad when they have to repeat their phone number well i am sorry that i didnt get it when you were speaking a 100 words amin so shut the hell up and repaet 10 numbers.

Mary Youngblood Oct 27, 2010

I was also told about two (2) rewards when I open my account. I tried calling with no help, why tell customers they will receive something when they know they will not. I was to receive $50 for bundling my accounts and another $50 for a modem. This was in June and as of today I have not receive anything. It makes me wonder if I made a mistake by switching to AT&T

• At
    ATTCANSUCKME Oct 15, 2010

AT&T HAS THE WORST PRICES IN THE INDUSTRY. THEY ALSO, SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH MARKETING COMPANIES WILL CONTACT YOU, CALL YOU, HARASS YOU, AND EVEN BILL YOU EXRA CHARGES.
    RESIDENTIAL AND BUSINESS RATES CAN BE BEAT BY ANY COMPETITOR. NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH AT&T. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU, RAISE YOU, YELL AT YOU, HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND EVEN THREATEN TO SUE YOU IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL.

chico helton Jul 01, 2010

WHAT ARE YOU DOING AGAIN WE SWITCHED OUT SERVICES TO ATT AND HAVE TOLD TWICE OUR REBATE WAS APPLIED FOR ITS BEEN OVER 8 WEEK S AS POSTED OUR BUSINESS STARTED SERVICE WITH YOU IN JANUARY HAVE STILL NOT RECIEVED THE 90.00 CREDIT FOR OUR MODEM THIS IS NOT RIGHT...WHEN WE ARE PROMISED NO CONNECT SERVICES AND THEN RECIEVE A FIRST BILL AT HOME OVER 280.00 I HAVE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR PROMISES...I AM A REALTOR THAT RECOMMENDS YOUR SERVICES ABOVE OTHERS IS THIS THE WAY TO DO GOOD BUSINESS ...YOU DID THE SAME THING WHEN I HAD ATT YEARS AGO AND THAT IS WHY I LEFT AND WAS ASSURED YOU WERE CARDS ON THE TABLE AND SAVE ME MONEY...JUST DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO

• Ha
    HanF51 May 07, 2010

Text notification messages sent from ATT to customers are free; however if your phone is outside the coverage text messages are charged. When notifications are made over phone the call is not charged. Why text messages are charged?

According to Customer Service they cannot do anything about it and customer are forced to pay for these received text messages.

• La
    laceymisawa Apr 29, 2010

Up until a few months ago Att uverse was working just fine. now everytime it rains it doesn't work. i call them over and over and we do the same things over and over. 3 techs have come out and the problem still isn't fixed. i cannot find a way to complain online and i'm tired of calling them.

joseph lejeune Apr 09, 2010

ever since we signed up for att internet we cant get them to bill us right. They have been adding things every month and now they say we owe them ninety seven dollars. I am ready to take all my bill to the attorney and show him. Every month we get a different bill. This should never happen in the united states.d

jayejenkins Apr 09, 2010

CALLED THE COMPANY WITH INQUIRY ABOUT CHARGES...NO ONE KNEW HOW TO FULLY EXPLAIN CHARGES...CHARGE MORE THAN PRICE QUOTED...EVERYONE BLAMED SOMEONE ELSE FOR MISUNDERSTANDING...NO ONE WANTED TO GIVE ME THEIR NAME FOR ME TO COMPLAIN ON...CONTIUNED TO GET THE RUN ARIUND...PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMIAL AT dekori012yahoo.com

• In
    Info_Doc Apr 02, 2010

AT&T DVR for Uverse:
    1) Cannot set number of shows to record. So I have 41 Dora's...
    2) Cannot set priority. So Dora may record and not Lost...
    3) Unreliable. Prob due to some unknown and unmodifiable setting.

• Kk
    KKillebrew Jan 27, 2010

I was wondering if any other business owners have had their DSL service upgraded by ATT when the upgrade was expressly denied or the upgrade was without permisstion. The second issue I have had is with the automatic renewal of advertising in the yellow pages when I told the representative that I was not interested and the advertisement was renewed anyway.

If so, please contact me at [email protected]

• Vi
    victoria mackey Jan 02, 2010

DSL was ordered on 9/25/2009 up to now have not received gift card thru the mail Rocko quote it would come 4-6 weeks it has now been 3 months my category of complaint is not receiving gift card.

VictoriaMackey

mandeedavis Nov 17, 2009

I am so sick and tired of dealing with ATT. Tried their combined billing and in a matter of 2 months, accrued 1300.00 in charges, and service was disconnected, my payments had been going elsewhere, once this was resolved and I was allowed to have service again on residential and cellular, seperated my bills, and began making my payments separately, when I thought all was good and calmed my anger from dealing with this ###s here arises a scam..I rec'd a FREE Air Card in the mail that DID not work, finally after 4 month feud was resolved, and now 6 months after the combined biling fiasco, I get a letter from an attorney stating I owed 376.58, to which NOONE could explain to me what this account was affiliated with. I called the attorney who sent me to ATT who transferred me 12 times in a matter of 80 minutes, finally a woman was able to PULL up an account all others could not find, and she verified YES, I do owe this money, and I asked her how and she hem hawed around and finally said was an old cellular bill I had floating around from when I had combined billing, to which she did not know the cellular number, and I have had the same cellular number for 6 years. I am so confused and untrusting of ATT, I have had over 27 complaints with their billing since 2007. This is unbelievable and I am apalled people are continuing to use their incompetent support staff/service offered.

annmarie gies Oct 24, 2009

was promised a $100.00 rebate if i got high speed internet...got internet no rebate...beginning to think att is a BIG RIP OFF...where's my REBATE????? Ann Gies

• Bi
    billy wilson Oct 10, 2009

I ordered Att home phone and internet and received my rewards post card and I went to the site and I could not log on. I put my billing phone number with area code and it said billing number must be ten digits and I tried it three times and the same message kept coming up and yes I made sure it was right. How weak is that I feel sorry for the guy that had to wait 30 min on hold and then got cut off.

noelle peterkin Oct 01, 2009

is this some kind of game for att to send customers letter of non existing sites mmm kind of let you think...

angie navarro Sep 16, 2009

when am i going to be able to get rebates that "att" has told me that i would be receiving long time ago .They told me it would help me pay with my bill .I haven't gotten anything, my rebates was suppose to be $250.00 where . i thougth ya'll wre better than any other company.

• Du
    dune guy Sep 08, 2009

I received a coupon in the mail promising I'd get rewards up to $300, and when I signed up said I'd get a rebate to cover all my costs for modem, etc. I was also supposed to get the highest speed available, so I'd have the same level as cable, but I got 0.045 Kps, or less than 10% the average download speed for California. I live in Pismo Beach, not Timbuktu! When I was finally able to get a live body to talk to (after spending several hours total on hold over the course of my service), I was informed that actually highest speed internet wasn't available in my area! This, after I paid $145 for the first month of service. Don't get AT&T! They are a rip-off!!

Paul J. Fisher Aug 31, 2009

Unable to sign up for getmyrewards. What do I do?

Paul J. Fisher Aug 31, 2009

I too recieved the getmyrewards letter and it came up wrong sight.

• Ti
    tivalette Aug 20, 2009

i also received the getmyrewards paper and nothing happened. the site doesnt exist and then i signed up for the rewards service and it says that nothings there and the paper expires the first week of september. what do i do?

• Ti
    tinkbell00000005 Aug 18, 2009

I switched from a high speed cable internet service to At&t. They said I would be getting $125 rewards. Which I didn't receive. When I called back, they then said I needed a home phone with them in order to get those rewards. They lied and misled me to switch over to them with that reward incentive. I tried calling and explaining to them the information and they hung up on me. I hate att.

• Ju
    Junie Moon Aug 12, 2009

ATT Uverse VOP does not work in my house, and they were to disconnet and return to regular ATT. This was promised to be done by this week. Now I'm be told that they have no idea when it's goint to be done. I have been a customer of ATT for more than 35 years.I guess that makes no difference to a company that does not belive in giving good customer service, just selling more of it's products!!!

• La
    LaDeDa Jul 02, 2009

SC-ATT
    Okay, 4 months post getting wireless from AT&T...STILL no rebate card and cannot find out who/what/when/where to go to the get any help. Tried the last post, said I had no rewards. I cannot even say how I feel about AT&T and this is NOT the first time of having to work so very hard to get something that was promised in the form of a rebate. Tried to call a Ms Bliss at her extension, will see if we get a call back, but I am not holding my breath. Anyone out there with ATT? Wonder if they ever read these things?

• Pl
    Pluv May 24, 2009

This has happenedto me too, please file a complaint against ATT with the California Public Utilities Commission if you live in California!

CPUC: [protected].

Johnson May 12, 2009

I have been a Cingular/ATT wireless customer for about 4 years now. In june of 2007, I ordered a new Sony Ericcson phone. The phone was rebated $75.00, which is one of the reasons I purchased it. When I submitted the information to secure my rebate, I erroneously omitted some of it. Att`s rebate company sent me a letter notifying me of this fact, telling me what additional information I would need. The letter was addressed to Mr.Ana A.(last name withheld), not Dana A., which is my given name.I promptly resubmitted the rebate form, including the omitted info, along with a letter notifying them of the fact that they had misspelled name, and that all future communications between them and myself be sent tho me under my correct name. Several weeks went by and I received my rebate in the form of two gift cards with my name printed on them. But when I looked at the name on the cards, they read Ana A. ! I contacted ATT customer service and was told that they would resend me replacement cards, but that it would take up to an additional 12 weeks to receive them. There was no way that I could present those cards to a merchant and convince that my name is Ana, considering that I was a 42 year old MAN! The service rep suggested that I use the cards towards my ATT account. I was under the impression that a rebate is my supposed to be your money to use as you see fit. I wanted my money to use the money for other purposes, so I resubmitted the info a third time. Nothing happened. After many months went by, I again contacted ATT customer service, at which time I told them of all I had been through trying to secure what was supposed to be my $75.00.The rep personally contacted the rebate company. They assured her that they would resubmit the refund within a month. Again nothing happened. I called Att again in an attempt to get my rebate, at which time a representative told me, that in essence, she could not help me, and that I would have to deal directly with the rebate company.I tried writing again, even threatening to send the matter to my state atty.general`s office, but to no avail. I feel cheated, and robbed.My cellular contract is up in a few months, and despite having satisfactory service from ATT over the last few years, I am shopping for a new cellular carrier.I have heard that the telecommunications industry is the most hated by american consumers.Now I understand why.

• Ih
    ihateatt May 05, 2009

I got my att dsl internet on 2/20/09 and I was told that i would get a $50 reward two weeks later. A month later, I still haven't received the reward. So I called them and they said it would take a while and I'll have to wait for another month. So I waited and waited and waited. but now, i called again and they said i wasn't eligible for the reward?! What the hell?! And every time I call their customer service, i always have to wait for at least 40 mins! And when I get someone on the line.. they're usually very rude and inconsiderate to the customers!!! How the hell can ATT be one of the biggest companies in the world if they have TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! and they promote/say things that are not even real?!

• Ha
    hartwell Apr 14, 2009

i changed from brighthouse to att for my internet & home phone. i was told by att, i would get a reward for both. when i called about the house phone, i first was told to call back on such & such a date. when i did, i was told wait another week. now they say i am over the time to get the reward. i am going back to brighthouse

• Ri