ARCO Gas Stationtook all my money off debt card

I went in to the gas station that I always do buisness with and used my debt card. After I arrived home I just happened to check my balance and found that all my money was gone. After talking to my bank I was told that the Arco station had removed all my money. My bank is taking care of the matter and will put my money back within 72 hours but I still decided to let the manager know about the situation. He was the rudest person I have ever incountered in a customer service position. He absoulutly denied that they could not have taken the money from my card, told me I was wrong and that I needed to contact my bank to find out where the money went. I tryed multiple times to explain that I had already spoken to my bank and he refused to hear me let alone take a look at the mornings reciepts to see if I was indeed correct. Now I could understand if I was speaking to the girl that did my transaction and she had something to hide, but it was the Manager, the person you are supposed to go to when you have a problem. This gas station is the most convient but I will never go there again..

• Me
    melodybrly Jun 23, 2011

I went through the same thing and right now in the process of trying to retrieve my money from them I went to the outside terminal and it was my last ten be happy you got five I didn't get any gas and I was on complete empty and had no more money. I went home on a prayer because I didn't even think I would make it home. They was rude and called security on me because I was asking them how can I get my money back. I knew I wasn't the only person out there we need to do class action because they should have a system in play when there machine and system fails their true customer. I just left an email for corporate office but stay on them don't let it died but I WILL NEVER GO TO ARCO AGAIN! because I went through both stories above, horrible. Something needs to happen.

• La
    ladytdome Apr 16, 2011

I am so upset! This morning i went to an arco off of eastern and charlston. I put in my last 15.00 in the terminal outside and of course was on empty. It took my five then it took my 10.00 bill made a funny running sound and then said go to the pump. So pumped my gas and it stopped at 5.00 so i went inside to let them know i didnt recieve my 10.00 this kid was so rude and looked at me like i was a liar! I have never been so affended in my life, so he more or less shrugged it off and said there was nothing he could do and game me the manager's name. I know there are alot of scammers and liars out there but i am a honest single mother of 2 just trying to make it in these trying days. So on my way to work in tears cuz of course im still on empty just wondering how people just dont care about anyone anymore. Soooooo sad. I have been calling trying to find a corporate number but havent had any luck. Any suggestions out there? Can i get my money back? Do i go through their store or is there any home office numbers or suggestions out there. I just know i will never go there again. Might have to go to the news channel and put them on blast!!

• Sc
    scout76 Feb 16, 2010

I was a manager for a ARCO in california for 3 years we had many of the same issues with are regular customers.
    What happens is if you want to fill up and you open your card it opens any where from 65.00--95.00 after you pump your gas the -actual- amount of gas you use is charged at that time. Arco does a thing called paypoint all charges from the day are sent to paypoint at about 11.00 pm that night if there are no problems with the system [paypoint] the money will be released and back on your card . They dont tell you this and in california they dont take credit cards as they say the cost of gas would increase grealty.
    I would say to anyone who is getting gas with there debit card put a certin amount if not sure over estimate ARCO already charges your card 45cents to swipe your card if you over estimate you get cash back and no worry of your next stop if you still have money in your account

TIP...
    NEVER USE THE PAY OUTSIDE TERMINAL WERE YOUR CARD IS INSERTED TO A SLOT AS I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I WAS OUT THERE WITH TWEEZERS TRYING TO PRY YOUR CARD OUT AND IF THEY CANT GET IT OUT IT HAS TAKING AS MUCH AS 2 WEEKS TO GET YOUR CARD BACK AND WITH TRAVLING YOUR DEPENDING ON THAT CARD!!!