American Mall Model SearchSUSPICIOUSNESS!!!!

I was called from AMMS after my daughter filled out a questionnaire in the mall. They called her a week later and told her to meet up at the mall for an "INTERVIEW" FOR MODELING AND ACTING at 3 pm on that following Saturday. They told me that it was a free audition and that I would not have to pay. We showed up and to our surprise their was a stage and we were told that my 11 year old had to walk down the catwalk and also recite a line from a small skit. My daughter was not told that at all over the phone when they spoke to me and her so we just simply went home as they lied to us. Now, figure we should have realized that something was wrong, but they ended up calling me 4 days later on Tuesday and they told us to meet up that following Friday at 6:45 pm with an interview with Nick that would be one on one, no catwalk and also no one else but Nick, my daughter and myself on that interview for acting for TV commercials. I asked them again if I have to pay or if its free of service and they said ABSOLUTELY OF NO CHARGE FOR AN INTERVIEW. We got excited and of course showed up and to my belief IT WAS THE SAME CRAP AGAIN, ANOTHER CATWALK TO BE DONE AND RECITE A LINE. Now i did ask for Nick and of course they said that he was in New Hampshire so right away I KNEW THIS WAS A WHOLE CROCK OF LIES!! If Nick was a professional agent he would have contacted me that day and told me that someone else was going to interview my daughter so I knew then this was not all real!!! We still stayed because my daughter was excited and was looking her best. She learned her lines in like 5 minutes, and she went up the catwalk, said her name, her age, and her line and did her walk and DID VERY WELL! At the end of the show, the judge OF COURSE CALLED ALL THE KIDS "AS THEY ALL WON" WHAT DO YOU KNOW!! How can all 6 kids in a show win! They called her name first up to the stage then the other kids and they took a fake pic of the whole group, with a LITTLE DIGITAL CAMERA!!! Now, it gets even better. They called us all to the back of the stage and they called all of the kids one by one and told them how great they were. They left my daughter for last, and then they TOLD HER HOW AMAZING SHE WAS AND HOW SHE HAD GREAT POTENTIAL AT 11 TO BE AN ACTRESS AND TO MAKE IT VERY FAR!! She was excited and then they told me to open the booklet and to go to the page with the head shots and the three prices. The cheapest was $150 and being that IF SOMEONE REALLY WANTS TO DISCOVER YOU THEY DO NOT CHARGE YOU ANY MONEY UP FRONT, I KNEW RIGHT AWAY THAT THIS WAS ALL NOT REAL, IT WAS A TOTAL TRUE SCAM! NOW, ALL OF THE PARENTS WENT TO THE LINE TO PAY, and I simply asked many questions and told the guy that I would come back and think about it and he told me to leave a deposit. I told him that I will just think about it and that I would get back to him, but I am not. I am not going to pay $150 for a company that is bogus and you know off the bat that its all fake, all they want is your money as they kept pushing it, BUT I WAS THE SMART PARENT THAT LEFT WITHOUT PAYING!!! PLEASE BEWARE OF THESE AMMS ###S!!

• Tr
    trainingformytruth Jul 22, 2013

the person above called this company American Mall Model Search, Audition America...hahahahahaha...that is the name they changed it to because they had so many complaints and bad reviews on the internet...please know that many of these positive reviews are from people who work for the company...after all how many people call others "my dear"...this company American Mall Model Search now known as Audition America is a SCAM!!!...please do your research...a good website to check out is bizparentz.org...it is run by parents that have children in the business and is full of useful information including information about scams like this one run by "scouts"...

• Vd
    vdanii Oct 13, 2012

if the company is so horrible and bad contact them confront them in person instead of posting on some website like this and being a ### about it. i mean really people 150 dollars for professional copyrighted photos not a bad deal, i paid more for my senior pictures people. i got called paid the money and was a bit skeptical but who wouldn't be. but its reasonable and no business would be able to operate a scam for 27 years and not get caught yeah it may be a rip off to some people but its not a scam.

• LinusOno1 Jul 30, 2012

Only the fizzyrose has the power to get rid of the dreadful peter brockman. The troll from hell.

• Li
    lisaflisa Jul 30, 2012

well first of all nothing is free my dear and as for the 150.00 for the photos i think that's a good price its not like there taking your picture and not giving you anything my daughter auditioned and was chosen to come back for the photo shoot mind you there were about 13 kids and about 6 got chosen so not everyone is chosen i think audition America helps kids build there self esteem and helps them to be bold and not to be shy so just that alone i think its so worth it...

• Ta
    tanner rushing Mar 09, 2012

i was told that to rent the space in the mall and set up the catwalk and use electricity and everything in the mall costed them about 7, 000 dollars and that is where the money from your photoshoot goes to!! I have had a very good experience with AMMS they even took 50 dollars of of the 150 because my mom had two photo shoots to pay for..(me and my cousin) im working on my walk and monolouge now!! and the final round for me is tomorrow. KG (Kendrick Gordon) is a very good director and gave me very constructive critisizim on the day of my first audition!! I LOVE AMMS!!!

• Ge
    getoverurself Jun 23, 2011

Pictures cost a lot of money they wouldn't just give them to you even if they did think your kid was amazing. Also if there were a bunch of names in the box why would you think you were the only one. Did you ask them if you could use your own modeling pictures instead of theirs? You do need headshots to be a model/actress. Maybe they were rude to you but it doesn't mean that their whole process was "bogus"

• Je
    jessicanixon Mar 07, 2011

This is crazy, they say "no hassle returns" . I have had a cooperate refund before & now is the second time and still NOTHING since Jan 6, 2011!!!