American Laser Skincare Logo

American Laser Skincare

Having problems with American Laser Skincare?

+1 248 426 8250 (Head Office)
+1 425 452 9600 (Bellevue, WA)
+1 425 712 8900 (Lynnwood, WA)
+1 206 749 9692 (Seattle, WA)
+1 425 272 2434 (SouthCenter, Seattle, WA)
+1 253 941 1144 (Auburn Aesthetics, Auburn, WA)
24555 Hallwood Ct
Farmington, Michigan
United States - 48335-1667

Complaints & Reviews

laser hair removal

I paid probably close to $3k for laser hair removal treatments. I believe I started the treatments 8 years ago. Throughout all 8 years it was near impossible to get an appointment. I would call and leave several messages with no response. One time I waited 2 months to get an appointment. There was never any noticeable difference. I told the clinic and they said it would take longer. I live in Camarillo and they sent me to the Sherman Oaks office. I found out after about 2 years that they had an office in Thousand Oaks. Much closer to my home! A 1 hour drive versus 20 minutes. I started going to the Thousand Oaks office, then they closed. I continued in Sherman Oaks, but then they closed. Then I had to drive all the way to Santa Monica. Not once but twice I was told they couldn't serve me that day. Even though I had appointments both times. One time the girl locked herself out of the office and the other time they said they didn't have time. I finally made another appointment and when I showed up the office was closed. I then found out that they were closed completely. I still had sessions left, which I paid for. I would say I had at least 6 sessions. I would really like to get my money back or compensated for the terrible service and the service I didn't receive.

lied

I went to a consultation where they said I have a $460 credit for unused services I purchased before they...

stole money

I had purchased a full leg hair removal pkg from American Laser Skincare and have used only 4 of the 10...

how can I get a refund

I started receiving treatment for hair removal on my face and I had a massive breakout that laster 1.5 years. I had never before had acne this bad. as a teen i only had a couple. I was moved due to military orders to hawaii and they do not have an office here so i wanted to cancel but they refused. I only received a couple of sessions which showed no improvement and i have light skin and thick black hair. I have been paying money for over 2yrs now for service i can never receive again. Someone help me! how can i cancel and stop paying and possibly get my money back.

how can anyone continue to run a business like this

I clicked on an advertisement on facebook and within 1 hour someone called me to book an appointment. They said that if I booked an appointment within 2 days I would get $300 off any procedure I had done. I went to the appointment just thinking I would listen to what they had to say and maybe purchase 1 small procedure. I feel that I was preasured by pushy sales tactics and I ended up agreeing to a package deal of 5 different area's for $3500. Each area would require multiple visits. The lady talked me into receiving the first treatment on 1 area that day...after all it would only take a few minutes! The next day I called to see if I could revise my "package deal" and receive a partial refund. I realized that I would still have to pay for the area I started. I was told that would not be able to recieve ANY refund because it was all purchased as a package deal. Not only that but the first treatment I received was VERY painful, not at all what they described! I am extremely unhappy and would not recommend American Laser Centers to anyone! How can anyone continue to run a business like this...extremely poor customer service. Buyer, beware of what you sign!

• Re
    Renee in MN Oct 05, 2012

I am a former American Laser employee and I have never before or since worked for such an awful, unethical company. They will lie to your face if there is money to be made. The laser hair removal is only effective for people with LIGHT skin and DARK hair. It does not work on blond or white hair AT ALL but they will look you in the eye and tell you it will but that "it might take longer." If longer equals never, then they are telling the truth. Also, if your skin is any darker than Snow White's, it will be a long and painful process with no guarantee of success. The other treatments they offer - microdermabrasion, foto facials, etc can work in some circumstances if the techinician knows what they are doing. But it is all extremely overpriced. The employees do receive a base pay, but the majority of their salary is commission based - but to even be eligible to get the commission, they have to sell a certain amount first and if you can't make that minimum amount then Lord help you, they are not happy. Especially the manager, because she can't get her commission unless all the sales people meet theirs. Bottom line - it's a horrible company all around, and the turn over there is unbelievable.

don't waste your money

I decided to give myself a birthday treat on 9/4/07 of no more shaving and went to the Edina, MN location of American Laser Centers. I purchased a Hair Removal package of 6 with a 2 year guarantee for the following areas: Full legs, brazilian, underarms, eyebrows and upper lip. I paid a total of $3822.51 that day. I was under the impression that after 6 treatments in each area that I would be hair free and not need to shave. I understood that if for some reason 6 treatments wasn't enough that there was a 2 year hair free guarantee. I had purchased many areas so I got on a regular schedule of doing my full legs every 10-12 weeks and all the other areas every 8-10 weeks. I always followed all instructions with scheduling, staying out of the sun, shaving only, etc. After 6 full treatments on all areas I was frustrated because I was NOT hair free. I did everything as I was told and they said my hair was perfect for removal and to just have patience because it will work! I had seen ZERO hair loss on my legs. I started realizing that I was only seeing the hair loss in the areas I had previously had laser treatments from another company (underarms and bikini). I kept going as I was determined this was going to work for me - especially with the money I had paid to make it happen. Sadly, after three years and 25 visits to the laser center for extreme pain and staying out of the sun and doing everything I was told, I am most definitely NOT hair free. I met with Jody, the manager of the Edina location, on 9/22/10 and she took pictures and said that she would try to do what she could. She said the company does not give refunds, but she would try to get me some additional services to see if that would help. It had been almost two months from meeting with Jody and I had not even heard back from her. I am requesting a full refund of $3822.51. I will never get back all the pain and time spent over the last three years, but I do believe it is more than fair to get a full refund. I submitted to the BBB, and my complaint is unresolved - they don't give refunds I was told again.

• Ji
    jinsang Jul 16, 2012

i understand exactly what you have been thru. i was too lied to by american laser center in Austin, Tx. I bought a package of 24 treatments for my full head hair removal and when i purchased it the manager told me that my hair would be gone before 24 treatments. I still have hair and now my head looks horrible with patches. I asked them about the 2yr gaurenteed plan if i still have hair after my paid treatments I can continue she gave me with the package plan. I would like to get all the people who got robbed by them and build a lawsuit, I think it's wrong to lie to people to gain costumers and having contacts and plans that doesn't work. my email is [email protected] I would like to know what we the people can do against big companys like them...

service

The service at this place sucks. Managers are changing all the times. The revent manager is a lady. She is darn ugly, her attitude is even uglier than her and she has stupid employees. They keep you sitting and waiting while they are not even doing anything but chatting in the office. Then they convince you on buying into their ### deals. I been going in for one whole year and paid good amount of money with no results at all.

this company is criminal and offending

So I had been hearing a lot about people getting laser hair removal and so I decided to give it a try. I had read the reviews on American Laser Centers in California and I saw that a lot of people had been having problems getting a refund when the asked for one, but I figured it wasn’t a big deal and that it wouldn’t happen to me.

I could not have been more wrong. I went in in January 2011 and purchased their facial package that costs $1500. Two days later I decided I wanted to cancel my contract and get my money back. I have waited for weeks and weeks for my refund.

I don’t see how people think they can run a business like this. They are absolute crooks. I don’t know how they can stand to wake up every morning and look themselves in the mirror.

I warn anyone thinking about going to American Laser Centers not to. Don’t be like me. Listen to reviews and believe me when I tell you that if you go there the same thing will happen to you. These people are criminals who are only out to steal people’s money!

I did not enjoy this experience

Recently I went in for an appointment at the American Laser Center. Online they had an ad for a free trial of their VelaShape Treatment where the prices was listed as $250 per session. I asked about this ad and they said it was wrong, they don’t know why it is listed as that much but it is actually $500 per session.

I wanted to do a microdermabrasion, and I discussed my options with them. My final price they told me would be $838. I agreed to that price and gave them a $500 gift certificate, which they accepted without question. After deduction the $500 gift certificate they asked for my remaining balance, which was $338. I told them I had another gift certificate, valued at $500 and gave that to them, expecting them to take it as easily as they took the last one, but that was not the case.

Once they saw this second gift certificate they said, “Oh, we’ll have to have our manager authenticate this.”

I don’t understand why there was a problem. It was the same certificate, I just happened to have two. There was nothing on the certificates that stated I couldn’t use two of them, so i don’t see why it needed “authenticated.” Then they started saying that this certificate wasn’t valid because the company that issued it was no longer in business and they asked where I got the certificate and who gave them to me, it was really quite ridiculous. My friend gave them to me. She had earned them by referring people to the American Laser Centers, but decided not to use them and gave them to me.

I did not enjoy this experience with the American Laser Center.

refund scam

I purchased a hair removal package from the Newport News, Va location, which consist on 6 treatments. I have been trying for about 2 weeks to make an appt for my 3rd treatment and can't seem to get anyone to return my phone calls. On the 5th attempt, someone did answer the phone and I realized it was switched to the Virginia Beach location (about an hour away). I was told the office in which I had signed up to go to has been closed down and I would have to drive an hour out of my way to another location to finish my treatments. When I explained of the inconvenience that was for me and asked for a refund for my remaining treatments, I was told that there will be no refunds. I was never informed of their decision to close the Newport News facility. If so, I would have made sure I received the treatments in which I had paid for. I have called over and over to try to reach the regional manager and was told she would call me back in 24 hrs, and still I haven't received any calls from her or anyone else for that matter. I guess it doesn't pay to buy a service that could take months to complete since they could close up shop and you'll never get what you paid for. I should have seen this coming when some of their staff had left and when to a different location. This was months ago and this tells me they knew this and still didn't disclose the closing and yet took my money! I want my REFUND!

professional scammers who know nothing about their services

I first visited American Laser Center of Macomb about 6 months ago. This location is in Michigan at 19 and Garfield. I was getting ready for my cousins wedding and several months before this had finally begun to clear up my acne that had hit me for a short period of time. I had finally got things under control after a few microderms at a friends dermatologist. I had a couple red but small acne scars on my right cheek. I, being a bit critical of myself, decided I needed these marks gone. I went in for a consult with ALC. I spoke with the office manager at the time, Karen. Little did I know she was about to leave the place with a poof. I also spoke with Lilia at this time. I mentioned to Karen during my talk of microderms that I had some acne scarring I wanted to get away. This is when she brought up the wonderful acne curing system called Ematrix. I was hesitant and booked a microderm for their earliest appointment later that day. I came back for my microderm and this is when I was bombarded with lilia and karens testimony that Ematrix would be great for me. I had also asked about the Vellashape treatments, and all of the sudden these two services were going to change my life according to these two scam artists. Lilia gave me a 20 minute speel about how my face is the first thing people look at and my scars would go away and my acne would improve remarkably bc it really cures "everything underneath there". So I still said I wasnt sure. Then all of the sudden a miracle occured and lilia "worked something out" with karen and then karen all of the sudden was able to make a huge deal with the regional managers in which I could get ematrix and vellas for 2, 000 which was like a "steal." I asked to see pictures and was told they never show pictures. I was so dumb to believe them and let them work off of my desperation for scarless skin and also anxious bc this "deal was going away that night". I purchased but had to wait until after the wedding bc of the slight downtime. This was by my own choice bc the whole facility said id be fine standing up in a wedding after ematrix. Um, each of my treatments had me staying indoors for 5 days + bc i looked hidious. So lets skip to one treatment later. Reem, another tech at the facility, who was very friendly, did my first treatment. She advised that i just "rub them scabs off after a couple days". Scabs being the skin healing from the ematrix burning holes in your skin. Did anyone explain to me what ematrix actually does? course not. SO i took her advise and exfoilated and used harsh face wash a couple days after a treatment. I also found out she had used the lowest setting. Skip ahead, I got pissed because noone told me about settings or asked me what i wanted. it is my 2, 000. I switched facilities after lilia reprimanded reem for having a short friendly convo with me in the waiting area, bc she needed her to do some things. Lilia, if I ever see you again, I'd watch out. Because of you my skin looks like GARBAGE. Oh yes, that brings me to my next point...That IDIOT "aestatician" told me my acne would dissapear from ematrix. here I am months later, after having 5 treatments done and my pores are huge and scared, blackheads everywhere, my skin broke out worse than anything i have ever dealt with in my life, and i counted today at least 15 big red and pitted scars on my face. I have had to go into the royal oak facility to get picturs, and was promised phone calls by the regional manager that she would call me once she views them. going off of what i read tonight online, i know i will not get the refun i want. oh and the "steal" vellas i got, ...all those gave me where hidious bruises and marks that i still have. I also would like to thank lilia for telling me this ematrix machine would make me beautiful, when in fact she never even evaluated my skin to see that i should not have had somethin glike this done on active acne type skin. i should have been advised to get microderms until my skin was cleared up for a full year at least. I hate american laser and all of the idiots that work there. Oh and thanks reem for telling me to exfoiliate after my treatments. because of you i have tiny little pitted holes in my face probably because i didnt fully heal after my first two treatments. GO back to school you [censored]es.

if you do not want nightmare, stay away from this fraud company

I have freckles on my face, it got worse and worse. So I choose to get laser treatment. I live in Pleasanton CA, so choose to go to American Laser Center. The first time I went there, the front desk person tried hard to have me to sign a 10 visit contract for $1100. I was told there were two females providing laser treatment in this center. There was one female there that day, so I went to talk to her, I was not very pleased with her answer and attitude, so I told the front desk that I changed my mind and chose not to go through the treatment. She said that you already signed paper; I was shocked that I was not out of their office yet, I should be allowed to change my mind. She said that the other female was excellent, but the other female only work during the day, I told her that I only could do it after work. So she said no problem, she said that I could make an appointment for you in an evening with the other lady. Just because I wanted the treatment really terrible, I believed her. After this, she said that you had to apply for a credit card with MedCHoiceFinancial, I told her that I did not need financing, but she said that "you do not have to use it". She made me believed that it was only a normal procedure to get credit checked like the procedure when you are buying a new car. She additionally said that you could make a plot with us, such as make monthly payment, etc. Therefore, I got their credit card issued by MedChoiceFinancial without realizing that they could charge the credit as they pleased.

When I went to their center for my first appointment, I saw the front desk person was not there, the female who supposed to treat me was not there. The other female I did not like was there and kept bragging about her, and tried to persuade me to use her. I refused and she kept calling the front desk person, but the front desk female never answered the phone. From that moment I knew that I did not trust this place and would not go through laser treatment here. SO I left. After a month, I got a credit card bill from MedCHoiceFinancial, claimed that I owed them $1100. I called the credit card company and clarified what happened. The guy who answered my phone was very rude, he basically refused to listen to my complaint, but said that you had to talk to the service provider. Since then, this credit card company kept calling me and questioned me to pay the bill, I clarified to every single person I talked to, but nobody tried to help me to dispute the charge. I called the American Laser Center main office at [protected], clarified the situation. They said that they would check, same day, they emailed me back saying that I did receive the service and case closed. Now my credit card amount is increasing, I do not know where I can find justice. This contract is 10 laser treatments I even did not know what laser treatment felt like; I did not receive any single treatment but receiving the bill every single month from them. I had a perfect credit score before, but now this could ruin my credit. If you do not want nightmare, stay away from this fraud company.

stay away

I have been going to American Laser in Virginia Beach for about two years for laser hair removal, and have seen zero results. Of course they didn't tell me that when they were taking my money. BEWARE!!! Imagine going there for 2 years, still having hair on my chin and spending quite a bit of money. I would like to share with as many people as possible so that consumers are aware of the service the company provides.

I brought a Laser package for about two thousand dollars for removal of hair on my chin. I only had a few hairs on my chin, however I was told not to pluck the hair and to shave it. I went to treatment every six to eight weeks and didn’t see any results. Each time I notified them that I wasn’t seeing any results and continued to go to treatment since they assured me that it sometimes takes longer for the chin area.
As I was approaching my 5th or 6th treatment and I was still not noticing any hair loss, they told me that they were going to do "double passes" with the laser (meaning that they would go over the treated area twice with the laser). When that didn't work and I still wasn't seeing any hair loss, I was told that I was going to have a “double pass” with the stronger laser. They tried that and still no result.

I spoke to the manager who informed me that my contract was up and I would have to pay $50.00 for the weekly treatments. Two years into it and my hair on my chin is still there. It’s actually worse because I have been shaving and now the hair is all over my chin and not just in the one spot.

The treatments have not been working as purported. They are expensive, and a waste of time and money. ALC has been deceitful and it's clear that their goal is to get your money at the outset and offer no customer service after the fact.

I just want everyone else to know to be aware that American Laser is not the answer. They advertise that hair will be permanently removed. Not true.

false advertising

False advertising - no contest, info phishing
I signed up online for their $3000 laser hair removal contest. I read the rules and fine print, noticing they would select winners on the 31st. I also selected to be contacted only late afternoon - evening (I sleep days) but they immediately started calling early the next day waking me up and kept calling 3x a day.. Each day they called several times at 8am, disturbing my sleep,.

I called back on the 23rd and was told I had not won, but they had a $300 coupon for me;. The drawing wouldn't even happen till the 31st so I asked the lady about this and she lied, telling me they'd already done it;. I read the official rules, so I knew she was lying and I asked why they did the drawing early!. She heaved a sigh and hung up on me|.

For a professional 'medical' center to have such unprofessional call center practices and outright false advertising, my faith in the company is completely destroyed'.

I'll not let liars give me any type of treatment

• Ha
    Harless7 Apr 09, 2013

This happened to me as well. Completely False Advertising. Its been a nightmare, because now they are trying to sue me, after I didn't receive anything but one free treatment, which damaged my skin. I've refused to pay what I legally do not owe. I have to write another dispute in court today. Will let you know how it turns out. This has been going on for way too long, and the harassment has been terrible. I can't believe this company can be in business when they lie and scam people for money!

aggressive sales tactics

They engage in extremely aggressive sales tactics. I went in for a consultation for hair removal in one from...

scammmmmm

TO everyone out there dont sign up for this ###. This place is a scam. I will keep my post short but contact...

refund issues

First, I wished I had read these complaints about ALC before signing my contract. Everything about the refund problems that others have had is happening to me right now. I purchased a $1500 facial package back in January 2011, cancelled the contract two days later, and here I am at the end of March and no refund. How these people can look in the mirror every day and not see THIEVES written across their chest...I don't understand. Or maybe they do see it...in the end there will only be ONE who will judge us. Well, lesson learned for me. Hopefully, our misfortunes will save others from becoming prey to these unscrupulous fiends.

• Ol
    Olga G. Apr 25, 2011

Ou I wish I read these 3 years ago before signing a contact for $3000. I have gone through 7 treatments of hair removal without any results and have been trying to get my money back ever since. I continue to be transferred from "corporate" to local offices, back and forth, and keep getting told that no results were gauranteed. Has anyone considered filing a lawsuit? It just does not sound right that all of these people, including myself, have been scammed without any consequences.

• Ca
    CAS73 May 06, 2011

American Laser is absolutely the worst company ever!
    How in the world are they still in business after reading how many people they have disappointed???
    Everyone needs to be warned about American Laser, so they can be exposed as the most unprofessional, dishonest group in America!

• Ol
    Olga G. May 07, 2011

We all need to complaint to BBB. I am in touch with them now, if everyone files a complaint, may be we can actually get our money back! If anyone tried suing them, I'm really interested in the results as I'm considering going to small court.

incomplete treatment

American Laser Cener really has a very good scam going on. They convince you to sign up for the treatment, they take your money up-front (shame on me) and when something goes wrong... you have no one to contact other than the "customer service" department and all they are paid to do is take phone calls. You can't reach a manger, you definitely can't reach the so called, CEO. I paid for a treatment that was supposed to go on each week without interruption in order for it to work. I was re-scheduled on more than one occasion and then the office just closed and has been closed now for almost 2 months. Every time I call, I am told that the office will re-open and I am given a different date. My only recourse is to get an attorney to try and get my $2300.00 back. Again, shame on me!

worst company ever

Where do I even begin. Lets just start by saying that this company is one of the most god awful companies out there. They claim to be the best in the business for laser hair rremoval, skin rejuvenation and cellulite reduction therapy! That is a joke! Its more like the worst company! None of there services work the way they say they do. I would say 10% out of all clinics patients actually have results. Its not worth the chance when you spend thousands on these procedures. And just know that if it doesnt work they will in no way give you a refund. They will just try to find every excuse in the book to justify why its not working and then try to sell you on something else. And they will do that because there only goal is to see how much money they can make each month. They do not care about your feelings or how much money you have already spent. They just care about trying to get more out of you. There company even holds contest to see who can sell the most.
Now on to the people that work there. The managers are not really managers or have any type of medical degree, they are just glorified sales people and people that are put under so much stress by there corporate office to sell that they will make up whatever little gimmic they want to try to get you to buy that day and tell you the deal is only good for that day and if you call back the next day the offer wont be good. Just know people that these people will take your money whenever they can get it.
Now onto the technicians. Im not trying to say they are bad people because most of them I have met have been extremely nice and wonderful. But the biggest thing is there qualifications. One of the biggest reasons the treatments do not work is because they are used on very cautious low settings because it is not being perfromed by a doctor or a nurse so there is a huge liability at stake. The technicians are only licensed estheticians who go to school for 4 months which actually has nothing to do with lasers and then if they get hired in with the company they train for about 1-2 weeks until they are already left alone with patients.
So this is just a letter to warn people the this whole company is a joke. They treat there employees like crap and there patients and it all comes down from the top people and 2 of them are Chelsea Klinke and Roxanne Kowelewski which are 2 of the most rotten women you can meet. They think they are better than everyone and treat all ALC staff like crap. Which I guess Roxanne is the Michigan regional manager and does not do anything to help her clinics. She just goes in there and sits and does nothing. She sometimes show up to a clinic leave and go shopping or out to lunch for a long period of time but then fires people for being late to work or leaving early which is funny cause she did it all the time as a clinic manager. And this is suppose to be a women that holds control of an entire region! HAHA
Oh and one more thing to add. ALC has a higher injury report than anyone facility that does laser! BEWARE PEOPLE THIS PLACE IS AWFUL IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM!

• Po
    popgoestheweasel Jan 23, 2011

As an EXemployee of american laser centers, I am blown away at how accurate your descriptions of the inner workings of the company are. Everything you said was on point except for one thing, the technicians. As a former technician myself, My qualifications went beyond 4 months of schooling. I am a college graduate, with 9 months of training in skin care which was followed by a 3 month training course on real lasers, not the Intense Pulsed Light devices that ALC passes off as top of the line Laser equipment. Now to be fair, not all technicians are trained so thoroughly and my ALC training lasted about a week because the clinic I was hired into was extremely short handed which lucky for them (and me), I had been through laser training beforehand and was aware of protocols associated with laser treatment. The real reason people are becoming injured is not due to the incompetency of the technicians but to the cheap and overused equipment they use. An actual laser does not require gel to absorb heat because the heat is controlled and often times such top of the line lasers as Candella have a cryogen spray that is released onto the skin after each pulse of the laser therefore immediately cooling the skin. The Intense pulse light devices have a higher burn rate and they do not penetrate deep enough into the skin to do any actual permanent good. A candella would take 10-12 treatments at the most to get a 75-90% reduction, where as the IPL devices require, for most of the patients I dealt with, well over 2 years worth of treatments. IPL devices are of a far inferior quality, they stun the follicles versus actually killing the follicles.

ALC treats their customers and employee in a similar manner. The employees are aware of the ineffectiveness of the machines but are forced to sell to keep their jobs. Most of the people I worked with had children and had no choice but to keep an hourly Esthetics job, because most esthetics jobs are commission based and money flow is uncertain. They pay you more than the average esthetician but not as much as they would have to pay a nurse so they hook you in with a paycheck and cut their costs by hiring a skin care professional versus a medical professional. The managers keep all their employees in fear for their jobs. Threats, high pressure and absolutely no compassion or empathy are all common. It's a trickle down effect of fear tactics beginning with The head of the company and passed down through each level. The technicians are fearful and mostly miserable in their positions. If we made our sales goals the manager will either kiss up to us or say something not too far from "I know you did $10, 000 last month in sales so why couldn't you do $12, 000?" Nothing you do is ever good enough. It's a very mentally and emotionally taxing job. The guilt, the misery and the fear combined make for a toxic combination. The average ALC employee only stays with the company for a year or less. They fire people left and right to "make a point". The clinic managers are desperate because their bosses are holding their jobs over their heads the same way the mangers pressure the techs. The one and only job of the clinic manager is to sell. We never got lunch breaks but were asked to clock out for 30 min to show the break so if the labor board ever investigated it would show some sort of break. Lying and trickery are common practice in ALL these clinics. So on behalf of all of the current technicians (not managers) at ALC I ask anyone reading this to please consider what I have said. These are good hardworking people that are trying to make a living in an industry that is brutal and unkind. I could go on and on for days chronicling the horrors of employment with these soulless, greedy, corporate goons. But alas, I have grown tired already recanting the horrors of this place. But one last thought, when I was "Let go" for not making my sales goals, they attempted to have me sign a severance form that stated that not only would I not apply for unemployment but I was leaving of my own accord and therefore was ineligible for any type of severance pay. I told them to shove that form and that I would see them in court if they tried to deny me my rights as an employee especially after working 40 hrs a week with no overtime. Overtime is not permitted.

So potential clients and employees BEWARE OF AMERICAN BUTCHER SHOP!

fraud

9-3-2010 I asked for a full refund ASAP because I have done my best to work through the problems I have experienced but now that I have started voicing my concerns I have found I am not the only one with issues with American Laser Centers.
First, I referred 2 people to American Laser Centers and I have not received 1 referral fee of $250. I was told in April to call the Referral Program Number [protected] and they said the fee had not been sent out but it was coming soon. I called several more times until in August I was told by the new manager $250 was sent out in March. I called the Referral Program Number and they too changed their story though I received nothing. They lied to me.
Also, I did not pay for services until I was told by the manager that I would be given a referral fee for signing up my daughter. Then I was told my daughter came in before me so I could not receive a referral fee for her but that was not true. My daughter has no money and could not come in before me when it was my money that paid her bill. I saw the ad on Facebook and I made an appointment in Ft Lauderdale and I referred my daughter. They lied to me.
Now if 1 referral fee was a problem I might not have a problem but I handed out at least 20 referral cards and the 2 referrals that I confirmed paid for service were not honored with me receiving $250.
At the same time I have been trying to be patient with the process but my daughter, my friend and I all believe we have more facial hair after 4 months of treatment than we had before treatment. We have different technicians every time we come and we are given different settings each time too. Then Lorie, the temp manager, told me it can take up to 2 years for us to get 100% removal. Other laser removal businesses say it takes 4 to 6 treatments max. I am not happy with, making appointments, paying and receiving no results. They lied to me.
Additionally, my referral, feels she has more hair then before treatments and she was receiving electrolysis before I referred her to American Laser Centers. She was burned, has a scare and has not been satisfied with general results for any of the services she has paid for and received.
When Yvette came by to complain to the new manager, the manager tried to ignore the complaints. Yvette was insistent and did manage to be heard and other customers heard too. So Yvette met Des, with the same complaints as well. Yvette submitted complaints on Jun 9th and July 27th. They lied to them too and we have had the same experiences, bad services promises not kept and only ting we have lost is our money.
Because I have been doing research and a technician told me I may never see any results because the machines dont work well for some people I do not feel I will ever get complete Laser Hair removal from American Laser Centers. Therefore I am requesting a full refund.
I saw an on line article in the (c) 2006 South Florida Sun-Sentinel by correspondent Barbara Hijek which said.
“A study by Dr. Kathleen Gilmore, national medical director for American Laser Centers, found problems occur rarely _ fewer that one-tenth of 1 percent of all cases. The findings were presented at a meeting of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.”
If there are so few problems American Laser Centers should provide refunds for the rear 4 people to complain but they have refused to refund any of our money so we have filed fraud complaints with our credit card companies. All we wanted was quality hair removal. All they have done is taken our money and wasted our time while making our hair growth worse.
Summary, bad service, burns, no referral fees, different technicians each appointment, no results and lied to by management all adds up to fraud! I saw this “American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue at [protected]. Allen” I called and emailed them at
[protected]@alcpartner.com www.americanlaser.com but they refused to provide a refund. So I will spend the time I would have take for appointments to pass out complaint summaries to American Laser Customers to see how they really feel about American Laser Centers. I cant just let them continue to rip people off.

• Jr
    jrappling Nov 28, 2008

Hello, I am pretty fed up with the lack of quality your facility has to offer. I have been dealing with multiple issues at the Denton location for about a year now and I would like for it to STOP!!! First I went in to get micro treatment on my lower legs (cecilia) sold me a bogus package. The micro derma damaged my legs so yall offered to give me photo facial to remove the damage your facility caused to my legs. The scaring has NOT disappeared and half of the time I can not get in for an appointment. I went in today for my appointment at 7om but the lady was falling behind schedule and it soon became 7:20 and the next appointment for 7:30 came in. So I volunteered to go run an errand real quick and come back in about 20-30 minutes because I knew my treatment would take longer then the guy that walked in. I clarified with the lady working if that would be ok and she said it would be fine and she was going to stay late for me since she was running behind schedule. When I returned I was sitting in the parking lot and she let the guy out then locked the door. I sat in my car and kept calling till someone picked up the phone and all she had to say was that the alarm was about to be set and she wasn’t going to have time to see me. I think the customer service at your facility stinks I have not had any positive experience with the staff at this place. I want my MONEY back for the 4x. I was ripped off by your team and I will continue to complain until I get satisfying results. I would love to walk away from your treatment center if and only if I get my MONEY BACK!!! I will once again report this issue to the BBB and take it up with my lawyer since it seems that I can never get my treatments during their scheduled times!

• Hu
    Huskey Jul 08, 2009

On June 27th 2009 I went in for a free consultation after "winning" a $400.00 credit towards services. I met with the manager and was told that in order to do all the hair removal I was wanting the credit would not cover it and that I should fill out an application for credit. I did so and was denied and we worked out a payment option. I was reviewing my credit report on July 7th and was shocked to see that the day that I was in the clinic showed on my credit report as having applied for credit at a online specialty clothing store. I contacted the clothing company and they told me that the application for credit was denied. I immediately called the laser clinic and was told that "her girls would not do something like this and that they could not just walk around with my info and open accounts without my ID. I called back and told her it was done online the manager went onto the site and said "these aren't even cute clothes" and laughed. She said that she does not know if it was her staff or the cleaning crew but that she did not "see " that website on her computer history at her office so it must not be real and MUST be a mistake. I told her that they could have written my information down and used a computer at home and she still argued that her girls would not do things like that. It was very upsetting to have no concern for me and my info. I told the manager that I would be coming by to get my information and she told me that she shredded it. Then told me that it is weird. That is all I got.

• Mi
    Michelle Sujai Nov 17, 2010

First, I referred 2 people to American Laser Centers and I have not received 1 referral fee of $250. I was told in April to call the Referral Program Number 877-252-4006 and they said the fee had not been sent out but it was coming soon. I called several more times until in August I was told by the new manager $250 was sent out in March. I called the Referral Program Number and they too changed their story though I received nothing. They lied to me.
    Summary, bad service, burns, no referral fees, different technicians each appointment, no results and lied to by management all adds up to fraud! I read this "American Laser Centers has recently changed ownership and we would like to ask you to please contact our newly expanded customer service department regarding your issue at (877) 252-2010. Allen & I sent them emails to [email protected] www.americanlaser.com but they refuse to refund my money. So I will spend the time I would have take for appointments to pass out complaint summaries to American Laser Customers to see how they really feel about American Laser Centers. I cant just let them continue to rip people off.

• Kh
    KH143 Nov 27, 2010

I AM SUBMITTING A COMPLAINT ON AMERICAN LASER CENTER LOCATED AT, 8751 Commodity Cir # 2, Orlando - (407) 770-5720
    I paid $4, 100.00 CASH, for 7 treatments in 4 areas of their Vella treatment which i was convincinly told would reduce celulite, tighten and rejuvinate skin on front & back of thighs, stomach and flanks. I went to my appointments every saturday at 10:00 for 3 hours each session, , , , , the same tech worked on me each week, , , , , after the 7 treatments we were still not getting any results, , , , they measure, take pictures and document before each treatment, , , , , my tech said she doesnt understand why i have made no progress and would speak to the manager "Chelsea" and get back to me, , , , , after a week i heard back and they said they decided to give me 3 free sessions and do not understand and admitted i had shown no results, , , , , , , , i showed up for all three extra treatments and still No results !!, , , , I made numerous calls (which i can prove from my cell phone bill), , it took a week at a time of everday calls to get chelsea to return my call, i did not ask for a full refund i simply asked for a partial refund of $1, 500 to $2, 000, , , , , , after weeks of back and forth conversations with Chelsea, she said she was sorry that they could not offer any refund and could only possibly give me another treatment. she said i signed a contract and that myself and the company enetered into my treatments in quote "GOOD FAITH" that the treatments would work on me, therefore they will not honor any kind of refund !!, , , , , , i could have in "good faith" had them do the treatments before i paid, but companies do not run on good faith, they run on money, , , , , , i paid $4, 100.00 for something that did not work . The last conversation i had with her was in regard to the last statement above and i told her that is not satisfactory and why would i go for more treatments if it doesnt work At All ! she said she would have her regional manager call me. I told her i expected a call back within 24 hours and it has now been over 3 weeks ! every time you call the office you get a voice machine and have to leave a message or if someone does answer the manager is always in a consultation and even if i call daily and leave messages it takes weeks to get a call back ! yet when i went for my first consultation and showed interest, i was getting continuous calls to come in and get it done ! ...i have been in sales and marketing and customer service for 14 years and am amazed at the indecency of this company and their unwillingness to make good on a service that did not work at all ! and they have records and documentation to prove it ! in addition to the fact that my technition and even the manager has repeatedly acknowledged the fact that their treatment did not work on me !, , , i have done research and see many shady complaints on this company online and i am extremely upset!, , , , , again i simply asked for a partial refund because i know they tried and took time and cost to do the treatments on me even though that is like still giving them $2, 100 for doing nothing ...i truly had No results and paid over $4, 000 cash. i am a single mother of three kids and worked very hard to save up money to try and do something to make myself feel better about me and now along with no results i cannot get anyone from the company to acknowledge my issue or return a call, , , , i simply get, well we are sorry but we entered into it with good faith and tried !!
    please let me know where to go from here or what to do!

• Ji
    Jill Scott May 10, 2011

I went to the American Laser Center in Langhorne, Pennsylvania for their "Free Consultation" for Botox. The "Free Consultation" was an appointment with the receptionist who took my credit card information (charge of $75 for a "Free Consultation" for Botox) and to schedule an appointment. This could have all been done over a phone! I was really hoping to speak to at least a RN or a Doctor since this is a procedure! This was a waste of my time! I was still excited to have the Botox it didn't stop me from schedule an appointment and since I was told that "the doctor will be performing" the procedure I felt a lot better! DO NOT GO THERE BECAUSE A DOCTOR WILL NOT BE PERFORMING / DISPENSING THE BOTOX, only a nurse. You will never even see a doctor. I'm not even sure if this is legal. Always ask who will be performing the procedures and if they are licensed, in writing. Be careful, in some stated "licensed" means watching a video and their certificate gets send in the mail and that makes them certified in some states!! Scary! Very Scary!

• Al
    alcsucks Jun 03, 2016

I initially purchased a package for hair removal for my lower legs, underarm and bikini. and after a day, i told them i dont want my bikini anymore so if they can refund my money. Instead the manager, Nikki, offered me a service, called Veloshape. It sounded pretty good. so i went in and did it. after 1 treatment, i did with this one girl, who i didnt know was brand new, wasnt trained at all- well mind you i have never done veloshape in my whole life, so i dont know how it feels or what are the procedures, anyways, she did my treatment and it burns so bad it hurts! i did not complain cuz accdg to the girl, its normal since i didnt drink enough water. The next treatment, i came in with a different girl. she was very nice, and did all the things i needed to sign and took my weight and my measurements and made sure i signed a consent. I was amazed! i said, do i have to do this before treatment? she said ya why? i said the other lady who did my 1st one never did any of this, she said Who? i said the girl named Ann. She said, her? she hasnt been trained yet! i was so mad! so i called the corporate and complained about it. Next thing you know the lady who treated me very well, and the veloshape was no pain at all- was fired. i cannot believe it! she was saying that they already been having some misunderstandings from the manager since the Manager, nikki doesnt really know what shes doing. So i guess when nikki found out that i complained about the services i got from ann, (which she hired) she fired this one girl that knows what shes doing so no one can ever tell Nikki whats the right thing to do. anyways, so ive been calling them to refund my money since i got a really crappy service from the veloshape. ofcourse, they wouldnt refund the money. ive been calling even the regional manager wouldnt call me back. Oh and another thing i had an incident when i called the corporate and filed a complaint for nikki and ann, one day when i had an appt for my legs, nikki called me that i need to cancel my appt due to "there are no nurses avail" i was like u mean u guys are closed? she said "no, we dont have nurses" and the girl that always does my treatment? where is she, i asked. She said "Shes on vacation". so i said ok ill call you back cuz i dont know when can i reschedule, i didnt tell her to go ahead and cancel but she did anyways, so i cant get another appt. so i called this nurse that usually does my treatments, i asked her if shes going to be there on my appt, she said "YES I am!" I SAID WELL NIKKI JUST CANCELLED ME CUZ SHE SAID UR ON VACATION" i was so mad, so i went there anyways for my appt and nikki wasnt there. what a ###. she cancelled me for no reason. Thanks a lot.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices