American Automobile Association / AAA.comfinish line towing & transport - unethical business practices. cheaters, scammers, liars - and lack of communication

Date: 6/28/17

I was in a car accident on 6/28 and my dad called AAA for me for a tow.
AAA dispatched Finish Line Towing and Transport (Rancho Dominguez location). The tow truck guy told me my dad can save a tow on his card if I had my car pulled to his yard since I have full coverage insurance with State Farm. He convinced me that my car was leaking oils and fluids and that I don't have to be there to deal with anything. He told me that State Farm's tow guy can pick up right from his yard. He told me to sign the release form so that it gives authority to my insurance company to come pick up.

State Farm's towing company came the next morning (6/29) to pick up my car to their yard so their claims adjuster can evaluate the damages. SF showed up and Finish Line wouldn't release it to them because they didn't have cash. Next, it was because they didn't have my registration and couldn't prove that I allowed my car to be released. Finish Line waited til late, late in the afternoon to get paperwork to my husband to get matters resolved.

3:20pm and my husband is frustrated at work trying to get matters squared away. Still no release. I called Finish Line and told that customer service girl (Kathy, I believe her name is). I told her I feel I shouldn't pay for another day of storage fees since they can't get their act together and tell me from the time State Farm's tow guy showed up. They had all morning to help me resolve the everything and get the car picked up. I told them it's not fair and it is horrible business practice what they are doing. She put me on hold several times. Then she kept feeding me the line "I'm sorry, this is company policy." Then she told me that she didn't know what went on because she just started her shift. How is there more than one shift if your business hours are 8-5pm? Finally, they get the release at 4pm. At this time, my insurance company can't come pickup in time as Finish Line closes at 5pm. I asked to speak to their manager and owner. She tells me they are not in. I ask her for the owner's name. She tells me "Mark". I ask her Mark what? She hangs up on me.

Had I known it was this much trouble and this costly (as these are not covered by my insurance), I would have called any tow company and have it pulled to my house. It would have been much cheaper. Saved me, my husband, and my insurance company's aggravation, frustration. I would not have lost valuable work time. Now, I feel distressed.

I told them that I will write a yelp review, I will file my complaint with AAA, and I will also file my complaint with BBB.

If AAA allows for companies like this to be a part of their network, then I would really consider not getting a membership. I was really considering it too. My parents and my sister uses AAA for their care and home.