Amazon.com / online shopping company

I ordered an expensive tv from Amazon during the Prime Day sells. It took a week for delivery but I thought okay. When UPS tried to deliver the tv the box was open. I refused delivery and contacted Amazon. They refused to do anything about it.
So I am out $800 and a tv. I don't have one, by the way, which was why I purchased one. They refused to issue a replacement or a refund.

• Updated by sheherazade, Jul 23, 2019

I ordered and paid for a NEW UNOPENED item. The item they shipped to me was opened. Plus the driver said that the tv had been lying flat on his truck all day. Any idiot knows you DO NOT transport tv's lying flat. I did contact them and was told there was nothing they could do. Plus I am a prime member and this tv had prime shipping but it took over a week to reach my home. Unacceptable.

Sh
Jul 22, 2019

Comments

•   Jul 22, 2019

If you refused delivery, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. Amazon is usually great with things like this. I’d call back, politely explain the issue and see what they say. Insurance should be on the package so Amazon should get a refund.

•   Jul 23, 2019

Call back and ask for a supervisor