Amalgamated Bankmisleading policies and practices

C Jun 28, 2019

Decided to give this bank a shot based on its socially-progressive values. Presents itself as being an online bank, but the web portal and app have very limited functionality and are difficult to use. As soon as I initiated a transfer to fund my accounts from my old bank, Amalgamated locked me out of my account and then, claiming "fraud protection" closed the accounts entirely without trying to contact me first to clarify/verify. Now my deposit is locked up and I cannot access it again. They punted responsibility to my old bank to reverse the transfer which doesn't really have anything to do with this. Agents, especially in the fraud prevention department, are unclear on reasoning and don't seem to be informed on what the bank's policies are exactly. I really wanted to give this bank a try because I want my money to be doing good work, but they do not have the customer service skills or infrastructure to be a truly online bank for the 21st century. Still trying to get my deposit returned and won't be returning once this is resolved.

• Am
    Amalgamated Bank Oct 02, 2019

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your complaint and would like to assist you in resolving your issue if you have not resolved it yet with the Bank. Please contact us at [protected] or email us at [email protected] so that we may properly investigate and resolve your issue. Thank you.