Aldi's/puraqua Purified Waterbottles are thinner then they were

S

I have been buying my water at ALDI, S in Dayville, and before that Willimantic, always the same brand. I have to drink alot of water because of my operation. It was just fine till the last time. The bottles are so thin its like water packed in a bag!! I have already had two bottles that were leaking in the refrigerator...Thats two bottles I threw away!! Now I can, t trust these bottles!! Please check out the bottles for your self. it says 100% satisfaction...and I, m not satisfied!! I want them replaced and my money refunded...THANK YOU PRO.# 121510 2009E PurAqua Purified Water 16.9 FL OZ

• Ba
    Barbara George Dec 19, 2018

I've been shopping at Aldi and drinking their bottled purified water for several years. Tonight as I was drinking I felt these blobs in my mouth and spit them out. Disgusting! No more Aldi water for me!

• Ri
    Rick Kinyon-Vandersnick Jun 03, 2018

Today I opened a can of grapefruit Vue Sparkling water, and have a product issue. I purchase and drink easily 5 cases of water a week. I've never had an issue and love the water. I've been searching on how to reach the company directly, but not able to find a link. I thought I would put it out here before reaching an attorney. As mentioned... today I opened a can of grapefruit Vue Sparkling water and started drinking. To my surprise, I chocked on what appears to be a piece of plastic which was in the can. I will save this piece of plastic and hope that the company reaches out to me before I need to advance this issue.

• Li
    Linda Rechten Fortune Apr 30, 2018

I bought a case of the small bottles of PurAqua purified water a couple of weeks ago. I would like a phone number for a proper complaint. I took a mouthful of water and something was in my mouth that wasn't water!! I spit the whole mouthful out all over the place and in it I found what you see in the pictures. It looks like the tip of a rubber glove. This is SO disgusting! How does this happen and what can I do about it. This was the first time I ever purchased water at Aldi's, as I usually drink tap water. I had installers coming and wanted it on hand for them.

• Sh
    Sherry Nordman Jan 31, 2017

The bottles are so thin they won't stand up. And I can't get the lids off! What's up with that?

• Br
    Brock Aug 24, 2016

The jehling chicken stir fry complete meal i found more Fat meat in the stir fry than there was chicken I will not buy anymore because fat i do not like fat meat and it is not worth the price and you only get a half a bag of vegetables also and your chicken noodle soup is almost all broth Sincerly Yours Carolyn Masters

I believe people should get what they pay for I believe you should make this right.

• Kk
    kkeepr Aug 24, 2016

Recently I have on two separate occassions been charged full price at the till for vegetables and fruit that were shown at reduced prices on the stands at Aldi in Engadine. The first time I complained as the difference was so great and obtained a refund but several customers had bought some of the items in front of me without noticing the error. The cashiers were not aware of the reductions. The second time the amount was small and it was the final item put through the till consequently I missed the error. I advise all customers to check their payment for reduced items of fruit and veg at Aldi.

David MI Aug 03, 2016

I also have been buying the Spring water at the Aldi store on Van [censored] in Michigan. Recently my wife, children and I noticed a huge difference in the taste of their spring water. Very chemically in initial as well as aftertaste. We bought 3 cases the past 3 or 4 times we went and either the whole case is tainted or just some. We would love to see them put their money where there mouth is! Love most of their other products but if their integrity is in question we may have to shop elsewhere. Don't know what you're doing different with the bottles and the water but you may want to keep overall customer base content by being a stand-up organization! David in MI

• Re
    Reviewer73096 Jul 15, 2016

First time I have purchased this bottled water. I am getting severe heart burn after I drink the water. It smells like a chemical is in it. I am wondering if it is bleach? It even burns my tongue and throat. I switched back to tap water and no heartburn. Something is wrong with this water.

• Lu
    Luanne Pfaller Jul 15, 2016

I.m handycaped so my husband does the shopping. Asked him to get some frozen lemonaid. He came home made some for me, Took some smelled strange then tasted funny. Looked at the other can he bought. Frozen Concentrate Lemomade, Brand: Nature's Necture Date: Jun 13 69
    Code: 23 Jun 13 69 1K MI or M1 00.69 ct
    I think maybe I should go to the media if you are selling things this old.

• Gw
    Gwen$ Jun 26, 2016

There is a new aldi's down the street in florida and I decided to try the water it was a big mistake it tasted horrible and my stomach started hurting really bad

• Lo
    Louann popo May 20, 2016

A month ago which is April 2016, I noticed that Aldis changed the bottle of the Sring Water to a more heavier plastic. With the new plastic bottles come the chemicals in the the water. I noticed that the water leave my tongue numb from drinking it and now I know that the chemical in the plastic is leaking in the water. This is a very dangerous situation as this could possibly lead to cancerous tumors. I will be contacting the FDA to investigate because this is not acceptable. Yes I can stop drinking this water but I have been drinking this for too long and many others have as well so it time for Aldis to be reported

• Ni
    Nick4140 Apr 24, 2016

I always buy the Puraqua Sparkling Mineral Water, which comes in a glass bottle. Never had any problems. Of course plastic bottles taste bad, they are lines with bpa and when they get overheated it leaks into the water causing it to taste bad and also cause side effects. Stay away from plastic bottles. They always have traces of metals in it.

• Na
    Nanie1 Apr 04, 2016

I purchased the Aldi PurAqua purified water in Florida. Everytime I drink the water I get diarrhea. I know there's a correlation because when I don't drink I'm okay I'm not suffering with stomach issues. What can I do to find out if it's making others sick as well?

datfunkygirlio Feb 26, 2016

I am a consumer of PurAqua in Cleveland OH. I have never had a bad experience until today. A co worker has noticed a "chalky" taste and noticed there was white powder that settled at the bottom of the bottle. We have investigated the other bottles in the pack, and it seems contaminated. Some had a lot more white powder in the bottom than others. It is clearly seen by the naked eye. I know that some of the bottles froze since I store them in my attached garage that is not heated. I do not know why that would matter, but perhaps there is something going on here. I called the 800 number on the bottle, and got voice mail. Figures smh. I took a photo you can clearly see it...

• Mi
    Michael Kampstra Jan 26, 2019

@datfunkygirlio The chalkyness is the minerals in the water. The process of freezing causes the minerals to drop out of suspension. It's not unnatural.

• Ia
    Iam Moor Feb 19, 2016

I purchased a case of PureAqua from Aldi today and about 10 minutes ago I drank two bottles of it. The water was clear, there was no odor and it tasted like clean water. I actually received a boost of energy which caused me to inquire online as to how their water is produced. I appreciate the reviews and hopefully I will continue to purchase the "good" batches.😊

• Sl
    Sleekess Jan 22, 2016

I have been drinking PurAqua from Aldi, in Mansfield Ohio, for years. I have never had problems with taste, smell, color and I drink at least 5 (sometimes 6) bottles everyday. However, I would be willing to pay extra for a better bottle. It is very flimsy and even spills while trying to get it open. I know, petty, but it is annoying.

• Sh
    Shenae Nov 11, 2015

I was drinking my water and realized little black particles looked as if there was dirty tape on the side, turns put it was on the inside, and i opened the bottle from inside out and still unsure but definitely hesitant to finish the case and this is only my third bottle

• Ki
    KimberlyTR Aug 10, 2015

I've been drinking Aldi water for several years and never noticed anything wrong until the case I bought yesterday. It DOES NOT taste like purified water! It tastes like tap water! I'm pretty ticked off! If I find out I've been drinking tap water for 3 years I will be suing somebody!

I see the above commenter states the water he has comes from Ocala, Florida. On my bottles It states that this is MUNICIPAL WATER from WOODRIDGE ILLINOIS and it goes through reverse osmosis or steam distillation.

Municipal water from Woodridge Illinois? Woodridge is a neighboring town where I live and believe me, you wouldn't want to drink the municipal water even if it was supposedly purified.

I will be taking the water back to the store to find out what the story is.

• Wa
    Water-loving mailman May 24, 2015

As a conscious being and a water loving mailman in our community I have been buying this water for a few years as my family and I loved its clean taste. This was due to the (4) different cleansing method that were performed on it prior to shipping it to the stores. Today we no longer support this brand and the reasons follow: changes to filtration from 4 methods to only 1, the changes from a deep water source in ocala, fl to muhlenberg township and now to missouri, in addition I now understand they are using thinner bottles in which many are complaining about alone. As a result my body, and my family, noticed the change by burping much more and stomach pains. I mainly consume water 95% of the time as I am aware of America's bad health habits by living their life through their taste buds first and foremost. When my body speaks I listen, regardless what's on their ingredient label. I will now throw out my remaining 8 cases I just purchased! Why would this company decrease their standard so much I ask myself - self informed me because of money, what else!

• Lj
    LJohio Apr 21, 2015

WATER SMELLS LIKE CHEMICALS AND TASTES LIKE SEWAGE!!! I BOUGHT A CASE OF WATER BOTTLES FROM ALDI IN XENIA, OHIO. THE STORE IS WONDERFUL; BUT THIS WATER IS DISGUSTING. I'VE CONTACTED ALDI ABOUT A REFUND; SO WE'LL SEE HOW IMPORTANT THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE TO THEM. AS FOR PURAQUA? NEVER AGAIN. DISGUSTING.

• Le
    leoti27 Dec 07, 2014

I shop at the aldi in Pennsylvania i have never had a problem with anything I have bought from them I am holding the water bottle in my hand as i write this and i see people talking about floating things in the water and cloudiness, I have never seen anything like that in our water, The water tastes great and is always clear, I hope things get resolved in other states that are experiencing these problems, but i have to say I have no complaints.

charityjoyshalom Oct 26, 2014

I have been buying this water ever since Aldi came to town in Ardmore Oklahoma I have never had any problem with that other than in looking up the added ingredients on the label which are Purified water, sodium bicarbonate, sodium sulfate. it says Mineral amounts are nit nutritionally significant. I have noticed that sometimes when I drink the water I start burping and I just thought it was my bad stomach but now I"m starting to wonder if those additional ingredients have anything to do with it. That is when I started looking up those words online to see what the side effects can be and I was shocked at what I found.
    I wonder if all the water companies do this I have been buying this water because it is low cost on my budget but not sure if they really are taking out the contaminants I want to get rid of too bad the FDA doesn't regulate so that water bottling companies have to test and label their water to reflect what is removed of the toxic metals i don't need such as fluoride, chlorine, lead, mercury, chromium 6 what got me thinking about this is a video clip I just saw that reveals what I researched years ago in my environmental biology class when I wrote my paper on the harmful effects of fluoride. Here is the link to video clip I saw may shock you. https://www.perfectwaterpurifier.com/pitcher-special/?utm_source=House%20List&utm_medium=Email%20Broadcast&utm_campaign=[Water%20Pitcher]%20[House%20List%20AB]%20[10-26-2014]

• Wi
    Will Willows Oct 21, 2014

Consistent buyer who has no problems. Every water seller is going to the thinner bottle, the problem is in the seal of the lid. I threw several to the ground and that was what popped each time. I calculate that to be the same stress as dropping a case while carrying or the stress they undergo during transport (jostling and outward stress when lifted for stocking on pallet by forklift or manually). As to water quality, no issues. Tastes neutral and okay.

dag1 Jul 27, 2014

I just bought 3 cases in Alabama. They are thin bottles but clear, and they taste great. Not sure what's going on else where but I will be cautious to check my bottles before drinking it!

• Jim in North Carolina Jul 26, 2014

WE had been buying PurAqua from Aldis' in Morth Carolina, bottled by Table Rock Springs, Morganton, NC, for about 2 years and it was fine, the water we bought in July 2014 tasted and smelled bad. I will not be buying PurAqua again. Today I am buying DeerPark water and will respond with my thoughts on it later.

• Ju
    Just want it Pure Jun 09, 2014

I have been buying PurAqua Purified Water for about 6 months. At first the water was fine. I have never had any trouble with it smelling bad or looking bad in color or having anything floating. BUT, it does not taste like purified water anymore. It has a bitter taste and I find that I am nauseous for most of the day...as I am drinking this water all day. I went a day without drinking the water...no nausea! The minute I start to drink the water...I get sick to my stomach. I think I will just buy my own water filter and filter my own water! It would be cheaper in the long run!

NoFreakingWay Apr 16, 2014

I usually buy the generic Giant Eagle water but tried Aldi's PurAqua water for the first time. I've only opened two water bottles and I don't think I want to drink the rest. The water tastes like chemicals. I'm not sure if the plastic is leeching into the water or if they are using tap water, but either way I've wasted money on something I will not use.

• Mi
    miss row Mar 31, 2014

I have been drinking aldi water for over a year now. Had no complaints but just bought two packs. I first I thought it was just that bottle but it isn't it has a very strong smell and taste even worse. I have been feeling and got stomach pain. I am extremely concerned.

• Pu
    Purewater Feb 22, 2014

I have been drinking PurAqua for 6 months with NO PROBLEMS...no smells, no foul taste no metal taste, no acid taste, no messed up bottles, no bottle or water discolorations. Water is ALWAYS real nice and CLEAR...tastes good and clean, quenches my thirst time again and again...I used to drink Aquafina and Puraqua is by far SUPERIOR in taste and quality and price. Im a VERY satisfied customer!!! A++ Rating!!!

• Sp
    Spud1731 Jan 22, 2014

There are some very small items FLOATING in the water. The items are black in color. I don't know what these items are. I will NOT drink this water. I want my money back please.

Dawn McNamare May 21, 2013

I live in new Milford ct and buy aldi's water as my well is contaminated I noticed that the water tastes different, the bottles are so very thin some of then can not stand up straight as the bottom of the bottles are dented, some of the cases have empty water bottles.does anyone know if the attorney general office is looking into this or the FDA for our safety sake.seriously concerned in Connecticut / dawn mc

• Sk
    SK05 Mar 29, 2013

Bottles are foggy on the bottom.

We have been buying puraqua for a while now. We have noticed the water bottles that are now very thin. Recently we have also noticed the bottom of the bottles are now foggy/ cloudy. We are wondering do the bottles have different chemicals in them going into the water now? We have done a few experiments and it is the bottles not the water. We are a little concerned, has anybody else noticed this?

• Co
    Corby Sep 07, 2018

@SK05 Yes, I've been drinking pureaqua for years now and have always enjoyed. Yesterday aldi was out of the regular 10 oz bottles so I bought the 20 oz bottles in stead. After consuming 1 bottle I noticed a white residue at the top of the bottle which lead me to look at reviews to see if anyone else has experienced this? What is it???

• Js
    J .Schmidt Nov 17, 2012

I purchased Puraqua from Aldi in Burlington Wisconsin and when I opened first bottle the neck and whole top was black and smelled it looked like oil was spilled on it. Threw first bottle out took another and found the next four were the same. Someone could get very sick from it.

• Ne
    Neil Hayes Jul 26, 2011

I also purchased Puraqua from Aldi in Daytona Beach. FOUL taste!!! Never again will continue tpo drink Zepherhills.

• La
    Larua Jul 20, 2011

I purchased a case of water from Aldi at the Cary Illinois location. The store is great and I have no complaints about the store but the bottled water (PurAqua) had an awefully fowl odor and taste. I tried to refrigerate it thinking that it would taste better and it was just as bad. My son had taken 3 bottles that I packed for him to take to work and said that he noticed the same thing. i awoke in the middle of the night with the worst abdominal pain I have ever experienced, unsure if there is any relation to the water, I will be returning it as a precaution. My fiance smelled it right out of the newly opened bottle and said to dump it all. I'm concerned.

• Do
    Doris Waters Jun 18, 2011

I have been drinking this water for three years now and have bought it in N C and
    Va. I need to drink a lot of water because of my kidney problems. Every thing was
    great until I found that this was seasonal item. When I found this out I bought a years supply ( 1 case a week ) to last over the winter. Again this was O K, but when the water came in this year the Co. added sodium. This is not good for people with high blood presure. Now I can"t drink this water. Can someone tell me where I can get the old drinks that were packaged in the 6 pk.

• Bd
    B.D. Mcgee Jun 08, 2011

Yeah!

• Ca
    carolyn m Jun 08, 2011

I believe people should get what they pay for I believe you should make this right!

• Ph
    Pharmacology May 25, 2011

As a Doctor of Pharmacology, I am also concerned about the safety of bottles that leak. If water can get out, harmful organisms can get in.

Marcia D May 28, 2009

More than likely they were short stocked on bread from their wharehouse and just wanted to make sure there was enough to last as long as possible. It has happened to me and that was the reason I was given. I agree that it should have been handled better though.

Comment Guidelines