Albertsons Groceryfalse advertising

L

I received my ad on Tuesday and they had great meat deals buy 1 get one so I decided to go to south Venice to buy my groceries which is 15 miles out of my way. I get there and yes they had buy 1 get one but they jacked up the price to 6.98 a pound (for chicken breast) if you purchased it individually so the savings was a joke. Also I went to the deli counter and ordered the alpine lace cheese because they had a price of 6.99 in front of it. I ordered 1/2 pound and they printed the ticket at 8.99 a lb. I asked about it and the lady leans down to look at the tag and says "it says baby swiss" and guess what, they don't have baby swiss, they're out of it. I proceeded to take a picture of it (attached). Excuse me for having less than perfect eyesight to see that the tag has baby swiss in small letters by 6.99 in huge digits but there were 2 large blocks of alpine lace right behind it. That's false advertising. I got a few more items but I will NEVER go back to that store.

false advertising

• Li
    littledolfin Jul 20, 2010

Then what is the point of having a "sale" there was actually no saving? I did agree that I could not read the smaller print, the clerk even had to bend down to see it. This is a retirement area do you think everyone has very good eyesight? Of course if you're 4' tall and on eye level I guess you can see it OK but I still maintain that I will not visit their establishment again.

• Gb
    GBrenda Apr 12, 2011

I hate going to Albertsons - almost every week they advertise something incorrectly. This week it was a loaf of Homepride bread (24 oz) for 99cents. Got there and it's really the 20 oz loaf. (Not a big deal, but this happens all the time. At this point I don’t even bother asking for the correct item or a clarification of the discrepancy in the add….. Who in their right mind wants to be subjected to their rude customer service - been there and done that. I just left and took my business elsewhere). Last week they had cans of white tuna displayed on an end aisle with a sign that said 2/$1. It rang up at $2.89. Turns out it wasn't the white tuna that was on sale after all but a different one on a shelf completely removed from where the advertised price was displayed next to the cans I picked up. And as I pointed out to the cashier the sign didn’t make clear that it wasn’t the white tuna on sale. But she didn’t care - her attitude was insulting and she was obviously really pissed at me for having the nerve to ask her to take it off my ticket. Treating ME like I'm trying to rip THEM off. On the same ticket there was also a discrepancy in their pricing of a box of Stove Top Stuffing and Peanut Butter that rang up higher than they were supposed to. (No signs anywhere indicating an error on their part or apologizing for any inconvenience) A month ago it was Pancake Mix advertised at a certain price but ringing up higher… that turned out to be a misprint - AGAIN! (To his credit the store manager of that Albertson's sold me a couple of boxes for the advertised price.) This happens almost every time I shop at Albertsons. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, at first I thought these were honest mistakes or misprints, but after having it happen time and time again I'm not so sure... And trying to get a rain check for an out of stock advertised item is like pulling teeth at certain locations. Or trying to use a rain check at a different store than the one it was written at is even harder sometimes. I've had to return cereal with bugs inside a sealed cereal bag (I could see them through the bag) and had the manager refuse a refund. I could go on and on and I'm not exaggerating! I live in North Texas (Fort Worth area). If you want to shop at Albertsons (when they honor their printed prices they are pretty reasonable) I can recommend the Lake Worth store. The service is good and instead of being treated like a criminal for expecting to buy an item at the advertised price, the manager apologizes and/or sells it for the printed price. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the Weatherfords Albertsons or the Fort Worth Albertsons by Ridgmar Mall. I’m sure some of their employees are considerate but because of those that are beyond RUDE - I most definitely can not recommend them. In today’s economy - it’s almost a necessity for a family on a fixed budget to shop around for the best prices - this is NOT a crime and I for one am sick and tired of being treated like I’m doing something dishonest or am a big cheapskate for simply expecting to buy an item at the advertised price!

• Li
    littledolfin Apr 12, 2011

I've never been back to that store and won't go and from what I understand they have not changed their tactics. There are other places to shop.

• Do
    Dorothy Riordan Oct 27, 2011

wouldn't take my personal check

• Le
    Lesterknows Oct 27, 2011

Why?
    Ever thought about getting a debit card?

• Mr
    Mrknowitall Oct 28, 2011

They don't give S & H Green Stamps out anymore either. Checks are on their way out. Get a debt card. Stop living in the past and crying because you can't get your own way.

• Da
    Danl Booone Sep 12, 2015

We've shopped Albertsons for the last 30 years. This is the first time I'm aware of a false advertising gambit on the part of Albertsons. The ad for this week reads: "Extreme Coupon!" 73% ground beef for $1.88/lb. I went to Albertson's on 120th ave/Washington St, Northglenn, Colorado. yesterday [9/11/2015] at about 3pm. No ground beef available. The man told me to try back again in the am. I returned about 9:30 am today--

no ground beef..the man said I could try back on Monday the 14th. I tried another store, 104th and Colorado--same thing--no ground beef before Monday.

I've experienced this kind of false advertising at King Soopers--but; this is the first time that I've suffered false advertising at Albertsons.

It's really not a good way to treat your customers. Why lie to us? Why advertise a special, when Albertsons obviously never intended to honor it in the first place?

Why treat people this way? Why lie to us?