AIU Online Degree — fraud
I completed my Associates degree at AIU online. When I enrolled, I was asked to fill out all types of paperwork as usual and for a financial aid status. Financial aid told me ( I cannot recall names) via e-mail and over the telephone that I was eligible but they could only inform me after all paperwork was
filed. I could not start class without it and I was pressured into submitting all signed agreements and loans in order to join the class. I was eager to start and not miss my window of opportunity. The impression that I got was that I was eligible for financial aid. After finishing my associates in AIU, we immediately began the bachelor degree program. I was told that if I did not wait and enrolled quickly, I would get a grant for $1, 000 which later became $500. Also, the double bachelor’s degree later became a concentration instead. I was doing great the first couple of semesters but then financial aid became to harass me about missing info. on my paperwork that reflected on my w-2s. This was about a $1, 500 additional income that we claimed. No one could explain to me where and how they came up with this. It was not on any of my files, I sent all my tax papers and I even consulted with my accountant about this. Nothing ever appeared. After several weeks of AIU calling and uncomfortable customer service representatives non stop, house calls late nights, work and cell phone, they decided to lock my classroom until I can provide this. After several more weeks I had fell behind and lost valuable time, I could to catch up. Later, AIU started requesting for me to pay $1, 500 dollars or they would send me to collections. This was already too much to handle, I was frustrated and disappointed and unbelievably shocked at the behavior of a higher education establishment structured so poorly. They harass me enough that I had to take out a loan to pay this off before they ruin my credit. I am still debating my status with Sallie Mae.
More AIU Online Degree Complaints & Reviews
- American InterContinental University [AIU] - fraudulent school loans! 
- American InterContinental University - AIU - probation 
- AIU Online - got a bill for $4,292.10 for not attending school 
- AIU Online - terrible experience 
- AIU Online - will not stop calling me 
- American InterContinental University [AIU] - student loan fraud
- AIU Online - forced into large student loan debt without my knowledge 
- American InterContinetal University - fraudulent classes debt I don't owe 
- American InterContinental University [AIU] - high pressure sales tactics, constant calling.
- AIU - harassment, american intercontinental university