American InterContinental University [AIU] Logo

American InterContinental University [AIU]

Having problems with American InterContinental University [AIU]?

+1 877 221 5800 (AIU Online)
+1 404 965 6886 (AIU Atlanta)
+1 832 201 3622 (AIU Houston)
+1 855 377 1888 (General Information)
231 N. Martingale Road, 6th Floor

AIU Houston
9999 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77042

Complaints & Reviews

got a bill for $4,292.10 for not attending school

First, let me tell my military folks who are abroad if you want an education make sure it is not this college...

terrible experience

I attended AIU Online a year or so ago. Due to family complications I had to drop out and am I ever happy that I did.

I recently re-enrolled in a school nearby. I requested a transcript to be sent to my new school. AIU has been on probation for YEARS! Credits won't transfer, this school is going to close because of this. I wasted time and money, I'm still paying for my student loans from this school and the classes I took mean nothing...I want answers why was I told this was an accredited university when they are and have been on the verge of losing it??

Don't waste your time on this school!

• Ya
    Yaright May 26, 2009

I don't know where you get this information. AIU is an accredited school they are not at risk of losing it either. get your facts right. Only reason your credits wont transfer is that's the new school course don't match to the course offer at aiu.

• Kj
    kjsangel May 26, 2009

I am four classes away from graduating from AIU. I am not sure how the credit transfer process will work, but I do know that AIU standards suck. They let anyone into their school. I am not proud to say that I am graduating from AIU. There are so many uneducated people getting degrees just because they pay tuition. Getting your degree should be based on the knowledge aquired while attending the school. It makes me sick!

• Ap
    apasserby Jul 04, 2009

I am NOT defending AIU, however, please realize that most community colleges also accept anyone who is able to pay for classes. Many times these schools only require a prospective student to take placement tests. AIU does require a prospective undergraduate student to prove that person has a US High School diploma or equivalent. With regard to transfer credit, it is always up to the school to which one is transferring as to whether previous course work is accepted. No school ever guarantees course work will transfer. AIU is accredited and always has been. Yes AIU was on probation for 2 years. AIU has recently switched accrediting bodies moving from SACS to NCA. A word to the wise, always check out any school thoroughly before enrolling there.

a neutral observer

ripped off!

This school is a joke! My whole entire experience with them lasted no longer than a month from my initial...

fraud

I completed my Associates degree at AIU online. When I enrolled, I was asked to fill out all types of...

probation

Warning!! If you are thinking about enrolling at this school, better don't. This career college i...

fraudulent school loans!

I signed up to go to College online to save money, and I ask for a grant and the college AIU told me I wa...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices