Airtelspam sms messages & extra charges in bills

M Review updated:

I'm facing the worst (yes it is worst) customer care service from airtel since the last 2 months (the day I converted my number to post paid).
Firstly, I'm getting 100's of messages in a day (Just imagine 100!!!) from an airtel number 543210.
The SMS service is about cricket alerts.
I've been contacting customer care since then, initially they were not sure why is this service activated. They gave me the reason I subscribed for it. When I said no, I've never subscribed for this service, they told me the service will be discontinued in 24 hrs, but its not.
I called up customer care innumerable number of times & every time I got exactly the same response that "the service will be discontinued in 24 hrs". Its more than 2 months now, they cant stop sending spam to me.
Imagine, they barr your outgoing calls the moment it exceeds its limit. But, dont know why they are so much reluctant to block this spam.
The worst part is the service provider itself is sending spam. What more to expect.

The current scenario, whenever I'm dialing airtel 121 the only option that I have (no matter what option I choose) is to send a SMS to 121.

RESOLVED

• Airtel's response · Nov 28, 2009

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologies for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises. Further you can mail your concern to [email protected]

Regard's

Airtel Customer Service Team

[protected] customer number

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Feb 01, 2013

Namaste(gagans),

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to Please share the required details with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Feb 03, 2013

Namaste Mr. Anshar,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 03 feb. 2017 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Feb 09, 2013

Namaste Mr. Anshar,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 03 Feb. 2017, has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact airtel customer service at [email protected]

Rakesh Ranga

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Mar 25, 2013

Namaste Rebs,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 25 Mar 2017 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at [email protected]

We assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Jul 28, 2013

Namaste Dr. Iyer,

Further to our discussion dated 23 July 2017, your concern is being worked upon. We would require some more time to resolve it and shall keep you updated of the progress.

Saurav Ahlawat

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Sep 07, 2013

Namaste Mr. Patel,

This is with reference to your post dated 07 September. We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible. We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.
    You can also get in touch with us at [email protected]

Saurav Ahlawat

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Oct 17, 2013

Namaste Ms. Bisen,

This is with reference to your post dated 15 Oct. We tried calling you multiple times to get additional details to enable us to address your concern. However, there was no response.

We will appreciate if you could share your alternate contact details / convenient time to call. Please write to us at [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Jan 02, 2015

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 31 December 2017.

We are keen to resolve your concern; however, we will require your airtel account number along with an alternate contact number to resolve it effectively.

Look forward to receiving the required details at [email protected]

Rakesh Kumar
    airtelpresence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd
    [email protected]

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

• Updated by Airtel Presence · Sep 18, 2015

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 08 Sep 2017.

We were waiting to receive your contact details to enable us to address your concern.

Since we have not heard back from you, we trust your issue has been resolved.

If you require further information / assistance, please write to us at [email protected]

Sadhu Charan
    Airtel.presence (airtel customer service team)
    bharti airtel ltd

Saiprasad D Mar 28, 2020

Hi, You shared very outstanding information with us keep sharing more article like this. . poor orphanage in chennai

Sachi M Oct 22, 2015

I am subscribed to Airtel 'data stops after 1GB limit' plan. Accordingly, data stops after 1GB limit is reached. However, in the bills of last 2 months, I am incorrectly charged for more than 1GB data usage. No one on your call center, email or Airtel office has been able to explain why this happen. I get very poor service and threatening emails and responses.

• Re
    Reviewer79797 Oct 17, 2015

Dear Sir /Madam, I Madhanagopal. P having data card bearing no. [protected] registered under the corporate connection by showing my company ID card since from last year. I put my request to enhance the limit from 10 to 15 GB to the local Airtel Store which is at 96, RP Road, Hasthinapuram, Chennai - 44 on 12/10/15 and I am told that this will be activated within 4 hours’ time after completion of filling of form by the shop people but they have not given any receipt / number showing the proof of receipt of the request. I have waited for the last 5 days but there was no progress and no communications from these people and in between, I have made 3 visits but received failed commitments again and again. During the communications, it was noticed that the people have not given proper training to how to speak to the customer in a disciplined manner which is really unfortunate. They are literally showing no interest to give proper response customer. In fact on 16/10/15, people have simply closed the shop partially at 6 pm and started working inside without giving response to the customers by telling reason that they were over loaded which is really strange. I would like know whether my request would be considered or rejected and if rejected I would like to know the reason for that so that I could go with next operator. Please revert. Best Regards. P. Madhanagopal Mobil: [protected]

• Re
    Reviewer44976 Sep 06, 2015

Worst customer service ever, my Digital TV([protected] req id) is not working since friday. I had called so many time till yesterday evening, but they did not answer my phone, at first they said engineer is on the way but then started ignoring my calls, his name is arjun. It is time to switch to tata sky, they have better after sales service. Be aware Guys...

• Ajay Kumar Dutta Sep 04, 2015

I am an Airtel customer. My Airtel no. is [protected]. Airtel 2G and 3G Internet service is poor too daily in our locality. The distance between our home and nearest Airtel tower about 1 Km. And where my home this is northeastern corner from the Airtel tower. When I surfing any video content or any internet site or any social site then Airtel 3G net is very late to open those site because Airtel network up and down at every time in every day. For this reason I complained to customer care by email some day ago. But the problem is not solve till now. Solve this problem as soon as possible please.
    - Ajay Kumar Dutta

Gilabaria Road, Deganga, 24pgs (n), Pin - 743423

sudhir kumar mahajan Aug 05, 2015

Airtel post paid mobile no [protected] bill of dt 21/6/2017 amount 204.17 was paid using airtel money details of payment is as under:-airtel money txn id:[protected] dt 9/7/2017 time 05:07 pm amt 204 but the same amount was not adjusted in my bill till date

• Ga
    gaurav bhagat Jul 28, 2015

Dear Airtel,
    My Samsung phone got broken and I had an edelwiess insurance plan to get it repaired. The insurance company asked for a service provider confirmation for my number but when I visited the nearby store in Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, they refused to give the same. i request to kindly confirm this as I need this document to submit to insurance company to process the claim of my broken mobile phone

• Hp
    HP BHALLA Jun 19, 2015

1. The matter was taken up with Nodal Officer and Appellate Authorities of Airtel but no positive response.
    2. Complaint under Consumer Protection Act was lodged with Hon'ble District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum on 9th Dec '14 (by post). Not acknowledged so far.
    3.Thereafter sent an E-mail to the State Redressal Forum on 2nd Jan '15. Also addressed the complain to the Registrar National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission on 8th Jan' 15. None of the authorities acknowledged the complaint so far.
    4. I was out of country from Feb 15 to April 15. As such could not pursue the issue.
    5. The copy of the complaint can be provided, if you are able to help me in pursuing the issue further.

Regards,
    Phone No.: [protected]

• Sr
    srijith Cm May 27, 2015

Dear

I am Srijith Cm, Mob no : [protected], actually lost 3 months back I used idea network that time I got continuous calls regarding to porting to Airlet network & giving 225 plan ( 1paise/2 sec plan) I share all my kyc documents related to porting to airtel network, but they airtel peoples will activate 499 my plan due to because of her/his targets

obviously I got a call from activation team peoples that time they explain plans it is 499 my plan, I argue with the above things he said I m only belongs to activation process sorry I cannot helpless & he give some suggestion contact your retailer one collect the kyc documents.

so I walkin into airtel office situated near Shanthalla talkies, Mysore. they peoples reply like sorry for the inconvience by mistake 499 my plan will activate & use upto three months after we change the plan to 225 ( 1paise/2 sec plan) but now they say like now its not possible

so now I decided change my netwok to idea & I got porting reference no also but I would like stay in airtel so I request to you please change myPlan 225 ( 1paise/2 sec plan).

if you did not do the needful say frankly I will port to IDEA Network

• Ni
    Nikhiltg May 08, 2015

I recently ported from Vodafone to Airtel and my new SIM is inactive. It appears that the person who collected my documents was only behind sales and did not bother updating my details in the system. I was stranded in the airport without a working phone and am yet to get a response from Airtel customer care who are completely inept. They cut my calls since they are unable to help me and the ones that try, offer no useful information. This is a complaint against both their scam in getting new customers and their frustrating customer service.

satyendra prasad Apr 24, 2015

Deduction of rs 130. Without any massage. I have call so many time to customer care but my call not connected to customer executive. On my mobile mob tv a msg n service activated without my concurrence the same service was anyhow deactivated. It is requested you to transfer my balance in my airtel talk service which was deducted by you.

• Bh
    BHARATH KUMAR REDDY Apr 16, 2015

I am bharath kumar reddy and i purchase a coin box in 2017 and now my coin box number [protected]. The complaint was out going calls not going. Present i having rs100 / - in my coin box even i approach to your customer care (198) they are not responding to complaint, and i asked to them provide coin box customer care number. They are not provide.
    Please take action to them and solve my complaint.

Regsrds
    Bharath kumar reddy

Rajinder Kumar Rattan Mar 06, 2015

My number has been blocked . The valid proofs were not there I gave them the proofs.!! they told that they will start my number by 28 feb, 2017. And it hasn't started yet. I went to the office three times they don't tell me the main reason that why ain't they are not starting my number and at the company office 22 SECTOR there was a boy so rude . he argued a lot in a aggressive manner.
    I just want my number to be started I am facing many difficulties.! plz...!! make my number started.!! #[protected] - kamlesh kumari.!

jalaldn Jan 14, 2015

Airtel Worst Administration Ever.
    I Applied For New Broadband Line At November 26th.
    Rs -3500 for - speed 8mbps 175GB.
    Today 1 month + 19 days still they don't know what happened.

It is that landline number [protected].

Even line box just 7 meter distance. And just 3 lines only used (20 lines capable box)

jalaldn Jan 14, 2015

Airtel Worst Administration Ever.
    I played for new broadband line at November 26th.
    Rs -3500 for - speed 8mbps 175GB.
    Today 1 month + 19 days still they don't know what happened.

It is that landline number [protected].

• Dj
    djpepti Dec 31, 2014

3G internet is very slow n 2g also tooo slow m fed up this network

raju driver Dec 20, 2014

my mobile is showing SIM card access error please find out the solution

• Mp
    MPoov Nov 15, 2014

I m using 201 rupess 2g data pack. As per the plan that pack this is unlimited pack ipto 4gb. Instead of that after completion of 2gb my main balance started to detect with in validity period. This is second time hapenning like this for this particular pack. Last month also i raised a complaint even this month also. So kindly take a necessary action and resolve my problem. Otherwise network port is the only option for me.

• Lo
    Lokesh2014 Sep 20, 2014

I bought a 3G Airtel Dongle yesterday in Anantapur, Andhrapradesh, and it spoiled all my vacation mood and plans. I am on vacation in India and I bought an Airtel 3G Dongle for office work as well as to browse internet and plan my vacation.

Airtel executives told me that if I buy Airtel 3G Dongle for Rs. 2100 I will get 6GB free data immediately after activation. They also told me that it will be valid for 30 days and will be the best option for my vacation in India.

The Dongle got activated this morning and worked for 15 minutes with reasonable speed . After that the speed got reduced to 2 KB/ 3 KB per second, after some time the Dongle stopped to connect to internet. I disconnected the Dongle and reconnected to my laptop multiple times but it never worked.

I thought Airtel is a big brand and will resolve my issue as soon as I call the customer care. Surprisingly Google could not find any customer care number for Airtel 3G Dongles. Even Airtel.in website also not displaying any customer care number. Later on someone told me that I can call customer care by using the SIM card available in the Dongle. But even with the SIM card it took me one hour to find the option to speak to the Customer Care executive. When I selected the option I got message that I should recharge my mobile to speak to the customer care. I should have thrown the Dongle in my toilet and flushed it at this point of time.

But with little hope and because of critical internet access requirement I recharged my mobile and called the customer care. The customer care executive was in no mood to understand my concerns and simply saying wait for 72 hours to get update on your complaint.

I was promised 6GB of free data immediately after activation and now they deactivated 3G and saying to wait for 72 hours. I recommend everyone not to buy Airtel 3G dongles, there is no direct customer care number, even if you call from your Airtel mobile they will force you to listen their ads and will charge you for listening their advertisements. BUT FINALLY THEY WILL NOT RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE. I should have read some Airtel 3G Dongle reviews data card reviews before buying.

NEVER BUY AIRTEL 3G Dongles for office or business related purpose. All Airtel executives are big time liars. Once they get the money from the customer their job is done. They are not at all interested to resolve customer issues. NEVER THINK THAT AIRTEL IS A BIG BRAND AND THEY WILL HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER CARE. THEY ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Comments

• Aj
    Ajit koli Mar 14, 2014

My airtel dongle modle no. is E1712 i m disappointed with your service your airtel dongle speed is very poor and its speed is ast for only 2 days and after that it become very slow if this will continue more i will disconnect your service

• Bh
    Bhuwan Pant Mar 06, 2014

I have received my Airtel bill two months back for (Rs.3500) my no [protected]. When I called up the customer care I came to know the Internet usage has been exceeded on my number which seems to me something is not possible as I have 5 other corporate connection and all the numbers has the limited usage. I again called up the customer care and request them to dispute my bill as I had made the payment of Rs 500 against this number. As per the customer care executive I will going to receive call from airtel within 48 hours but till now I have only received call once and I had request that guy to call me after 30 mins as I was in the meeting on that time. Since then I am waiting for the response from Airtel. I had called up Airtel good number of times requested executive to kindly transfer the call to Supervisor but every time the executive put me on hold for 20 mins or long.
    I am so frustrated and disappointed with the services of Airtel and planning to move to Vodafone again with the all the my numbers.
    If anyone would so kind and look into my matter would appreciated.
    Bhuwan Pant

• Bi
    bijojoseph1990 Mar 06, 2014

i want call history

• Bi
    bijojoseph1990 Mar 06, 2014

i need call histor of my number

Rahul Kumar Ghosh Feb 16, 2014

Name - Rahul Kumar Ghosh
    Email - [email protected]

I lost my phone along with the AIRTEL SIM - [protected] on 14th Feb 2017.
    I want this no. to be block as to stop unwanted misuse.
    In few day I will apply for the duplicate SIM with the same no.

• Ga
    GAURAV1981 Jan 08, 2014

Dear team,

I ant to highlight recent incidence of unncessary charges. I got a message from airtel - delhi stating you have been charged inr 99 & inr 10 for various vas services. Actualy strange to my knowledge I never subscribed for such services. Rather I m still not even aware they have charged me for what services. On calling customer care the ay told me while using diffrent apps on your windows phone you might have clicked small advertisment on it & you would have been charged for same. I replied them I have never pressed any button and it is actually not in my knowledge, even if you think I have clicked some thing wrongly please cancel it and don't charge me extra as I am intimating you about matter with in 3 minutes of receiving message pertaining to vas charges.

Reply from customer care was :

We cant cancel the charges you have to bear it, we have already paid charges to vas provider. On my asking how can you pay vendor in time frame of one minute, reply was payment to vendor is done immediately. I can compalin where ever I want charges want be reversed. He closed calling by giving complaint number.

Complaint no : f1424640820
    Name of call center representative : yuvraj singh
    My no : [protected].

• Se
    sevakumar Oct 26, 2013

I am selvakumar from kovilpatti.on 23rd sep, i recharged amount rs 125 in my number [protected]. As per plan A2A-10 paise and A 2 OTHER-30Paise. but airtel take money each call 50 Paise. In concern i did make call for customer service. but airtel did not accept any call. pl kindly check my updates and resolution my problem shortly.

Maj Dhambir Singh Oct 20, 2013

Miss Use defance document
    By airtel mobile company
    For detail contact my
    Maj Dhambir Singh

• Pr
    pratima.bisen Oct 15, 2013

This is regarding my A/c no. [protected] and bill no. [protected] dated 1 Dec 2017 to 25 Dec 2017.

We had surrendered our lease line and an amount of Rs. 8, 739 has been due to us since then. Despite our numerous request this amount has not been credited to us.

It is really shameful that you are sitting on our money for such a long time. I request you to kindly credit our money to us along with the due interest.

If you don't take an early action i'll be forced to go to consumer court.

Pratima

• Pa
    Patel Mitesh Sep 07, 2013

Hi
    sir,
    i have to recharge to my airtel money to airtel digital tv recharge rs. 410
    date 28/08/2017 & your company schame 5% cash back but till now to no money
    to my digital tv account & no money to my airtel monet account.
    pls urgently to money my airteldigital account ya my money account
    transftr you
    txn ID:- [protected] date 28/08/2017
    pls sir contact me
    my mobile no - [protected]
    my airtel money mobile no - [protected] &
    my airtel dth ID - [protected]

Sunil Iyer Aug 28, 2013

Thanks, but had expected much faster action from Airtel for such trivial issues.

• Sh
    Shrumani Jul 25, 2013

Great to see a response from airtel. I had a similar experience with a deduction of 4k . Discussions with the airtel help line yielded no results. I had to pay 4k unused charges ( apart from the treats on call) I was a customer for 5 years with airtel and must say their engineering support was excellent. But for this incident, I would have continued with airtel but post this decided never to go airtel way.

Shrumani / bangalore

anil prasad Jul 24, 2013

dnd activation

Sunil Iyer Jul 23, 2013

This is to bring to the Forum's notice and Airtel that we have serious problems being an Airtel iptv Customer.

On 9th June 2017, a request was made to Airtel (No. [protected]) regarding upgradation of our iptv/broadband plan so that more channels will be available to us (142 as against to 107 in current plan).

A series of pains taking phone calls were made to Airtel Customer service (Request Nos. [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] and [protected]). On several occasions, the Floor Manager on duty was also spoken to. All of them had listened to our concern however no action was taken to upgrade the plan. Few callbacks were received that clearly indicate the disconnect between customer service and tech support at Airtel. As per the Customer service, the plan has been upgraded and as per the tech support, upgradation is not done and they need a new request. But Customer service doesnt raise a new request for upgradation as per their records it is upgraded.

Only Airtel has the shameless approach and audacity to send an update at the end of month that I have been charged as per the New bill plan.The ironicalpart is that I am still to receive the bill.

The only option left for me is to approach some Forum like this for getting the needful done. Else I shall be forced to take up the matter with Consumer Courts.

Dr. Sunil Iyer

Anil pathania Jun 24, 2013

My self Anil pathania from himachal pardesh & my no is +918894414672today i browsing a website then only one touch on advertisement during the scrolling page then in second message comes from company for deduction of 15 rs.on the spot i was calling to care to tell this nonsense then they wasnot any action and made my fool

• Se
    SenthilNathan.P Jun 12, 2013

Hello..

I am SenthilNathan, from Chennai using Airtel postpaid data card for past three months, i paid my second month bill through online but even now i am receiving call from Airtel to pay second month bill, i raised a complained to Airtel on 30th may the complaint number is [protected] but no action taken so far. today one of the customer care executive called me and asking me to pay the bill.
    Already i gave transaction id # [protected] but no action taken so far please do the needful.

TRANSACTION ID IS : [protected]
    REFERENCE # : [protected]

Note: Airtel has charged 100 RS for this month because of late payment for the last month even though when i paid before the due date.

SenthilNathan.P

• Ak
    akila kundran May 09, 2013

I installed whatsapp on my nokia phone! I am using the app through wifi but still my balence is being cut! Yestrday I called the customer care, the executive told me that within a day the problem will be fixed and the money I have lost will be refunded also they'll give me a call and make sure evrything is alright! The next day I was given no call nor was my money refunded! I called the customer care centr again! A man picked up, I didnt undrstand much of what he said, but he hung up in between the conversation! When I tried calling again I had realised that they had blocked me from calling the cutomer care

• Di
    DINESH MADHUKAR PATIL May 01, 2013

Sir,
    I have recharged my Airtel prepaid mobile No.[protected] through Sulekha.com for Rs.500.00 on 30.04.2017. But till date no recharge has been done. The site Sulekha are a real cheater.
    Name : Dinesh Patil

• Km
    kmsabari Apr 23, 2013

I have not activated the sms pack.. It was automatically activated without my permission.. And cut money from my prepaid balance. I want my money back.
    Mob no-[protected]
    Thanks...

• Sw
    swappy Apr 18, 2013

Dear airtel representative,
    I have enclosed my bill calculation excel sheet, I did auto sum of all the charges given by you, and its faulty please check attachment for details and correct it. I had not given any warnings usage messages by you before my free gprs usage gets over so I exceeded the usage and got this huge sum of amount as my bill and thqat is serious concern please check from your side and reply. Some airtel representative called me on 17 th april saying outgoing calls will be barred from 17 th april and then there will be 50% discount on my billing amount, please reply

• Ms
    msantosh6584 Mar 31, 2013

pls help me sir, my account balance is deducted two times in day 31/03/2017 total amt -74/- against mp3fulsong sms received on my mobile/ my no-[protected]