Airtel Mobile Service — poor service & unprofessional customer handling
Poor Service & Unprofessional Customer handling
I have been an airtel customer for the last 3yrs.
8 months back I got transferred to Delhi. Though I had other options to choose while I was changing my mobile number due to this movement from Chandigarh, I choose to go with airtel.
The satisfaction of using airtel for 3 years changed to dissatisfaction due to poor service & response from airtel Delhi circle.
Please find below my experience with Airtel Delhi Circle-
1. Called customer care on 22nd June 2006 to check what documents were required for getting a new number. Took all those documents to airtel office at Yusuf sarai to apply for a new number, your corporate executive in told that she required more documents.
Why should a customer waste his time because of a mistake made by the company’s customer care?
2. I asked for a specific series of numbers for the executive to choose a number for myself, but she replied rudely “I am not here to give options as per your specifications”.
3. Then on 23rd June, I went to Abacus Centre, southern extension 1, airtel office and spoke to Mr. Shakti and told him my problem who then gave me a number [protected] (h2 sim) and I paid Rs 250 as h2 sim charges and told me that it will be activated within four hours.
4. I got the new number printed on my visiting cards, but the sim didn’t get activated even after 24 hrs.
5. On enquiring, Shakti told me that it will take some more time.
6. On 24th he told me that there is some problem in h2 sim and he gave me a normal sim and told me that it will be activated in few hours, but again it didn’t happen.
7. I used to call daily but no body was ready to listen to my problem.
Do you think in today’s competitive time any Brand can afford to neglect a customer??
8. The story doesn’t end here and I got the shock of my life when I was told that the number was blocked by airtel.
Number blocked even after been issued to me on papers.
9. I had to go to your Okhla industry's main office where I spoke to your executive and I was issued a new number on 4th July ([protected]) and number was activated in 4 hrs.
It took more than 15 days for a Multimillion crore Company to issue 1 phone number to a Customer.
Due to this I had to use my old Punjab number on roaming for 15 days and obviously paid more to airtel. Not to forget, I had to get done my visiting cards again.
Not just this I have been having network problems for the last so many months and every time when I complained, I was told that my phone was faulty. I have been using the phone for quite some time and it doesn’t give problems with any other service provider.
10. To add to my problems, even after payment of my bill for the month of November, which was around Rs 1900(attached) paid to your executive Mr. Deepak Kumar on 22nd December, but I didn’t get confirmation of payment. My network got disconnected on 27th and the reason told to me was non payment of fee which was not true.
11. On 1s Jan 2007 called customer care but the number was not activated. I was told that payment of Rs 1400 has been received but I had paid Rs1900 (May be executive Deepak pocketed the money).
12. On 3rd Jan, my phone was again disconnected. I called customer care again and they again said my bill has not been paid, which irritated me a lot.
13. Again on 4th Jan my phone was disconnected.
14. On 5th I had to go to okhla centre again where I spoke to Ms. Sethi( Lobby Manager) she made me wait for 45 minutes, then she activated my phone and told me that she will check with their audit dep’t and promised me that no late fee will be charged and gave me her number and extension. But when I received bill, there was late fee of Rs 75 was added in it, so I called her but she never pick my phone then I again visited your abacus center again talk with Mr. shakti he told me to pay amount less late fee( I pay the amount of 1100/-).
15. In the Jan bill I have been charged double rental. (Airtel costumer care executive told me again this has happened due to late payment of bill). Then I called on your costumer care number where I spoke to Priya (in Costumer care) and she told me to pay amount less 125, and told she will make adjustments but it didn’t happen. I called the costumer care again, no but the executive didn’t forward my call to senior persons and made me hold the phone for more than 25mins.
I have really lost faith in Airtel because of the above mentioned incidents & I think I am not valued by Airtel as a customer.
I really can’t take this anymore.