Menu

Air New Zealand  -  Flight refunds

C
Author of the complaint
6:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Re: booking reference LNLJQH and Y8MNFH
I am contacting you regarding the above flight credits, which I feel are not a satisfactory outcome.
Given that currently there is no Trans Tasman travel allowed by the decree of the New Zealand Government. I am in a compromising situation, (through no fault of mine,) and I feel that Air New Zealand, as an international airline carrier should reimburse me with a full refund of monies paid, as a goodwill gesture.
Also, I would like to formally object to the disparaging, unprofessional comments that were provided by your customer service operator when the credits were raised.
Comments aligning to, "Covid not being her or Air New Zealand's fault," were not constructive!
Nor, was the suggestion that a fully flexible fare be purchased, "next time, but it will cost you a lot more!" display empathy towards customers. I was really saddened by her dismissive attitude.
Frankly, I had every intention of travelling, accommodation and hire cars were booked on both islands.
Therefore, I am requesting an internal review of this case please and feedback, both my email address and contact number are on file.
Regards,

Air New Zealand - carry on luggage
1 comments
T
Mar 04, 2022 2:19 am EST

My sister was booked on a Qantas flight from Brisbane, thru Sydney to ChCh on March 23rd. As we are both pensioners I said I would book and pay for her domestic flight, ChCh to Nelson as my sis was coming over for my 80th b/day. These booking were done and paid for months ago. Just recently my sister got a call from Webjet to tell her that her Qantas flight Bris to ChCh had been cancelled. No explanation as to why, just cancelled, not postponed, cancelled. What was I supposed to do with the domestic flight I had booked for her ? So I called air nz to cancel the ChCh to Nelson domestic flight and was told, "No refund, no credit" I was NOT happy about this as I am not the one who cancelled my sisters trans Tasman flight, IT WAS QANTAS ! By now, air nz would have already sold my sisters seat AGAIN, so they will have been paid TWICE for the same seat. This is theft and the money I paid represents half of my weekly pension. I now demand my money back or at the very least, a credit. The booking reference for my sisters Qantas flight is Z2Q5BH. Her name is Marlene Jackson Perry. My name is Terence Jackson.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

98 complaints