Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson MarketingRedemption Rewards Services

AEROPLAN KAFKA REDEMPTIONS REWARDS CARLSON MARKETING

I redeemed Aeroplan miles for a gift card eight months ago and have never received it in spite of monthly emails and telephone calls with Aeroplan Support/Carlson Marketing. They have repeatedly told me they are whatever their problem is and sending it. Each month I call, they admit I haven’t received it. (They sometimes say they sent it to the wrong name, or the wrong address, or the computer ate all the orders).

In February and March they told me to be patient for the gift card, that they had sent it. In April, when the card still hadn’t arrived, they sent me a declaration form that I completed and returned. They promised to send the card right away. When that one didn’t arrive they promised to send another one in July. And then again in August. When I phoned again in September telling them after waiting 5 weeks it hadn’t arrived, they said they had sent it to Saskatchewan this time and then it had been returned because they had somehow been confused, but then quickly denied that. It is impossible to get a straight answer or the card I redeemed miles for. Maybe someone in Saskatchewan has the gift card. Please just use it! (I don’t live in Saskatchewan).

This week I finally after an hour circling the various Aeroplan contact phone numbers, I was able to annoy someone enough to let me leave a message for a supervisor He emailed me Monday to say he would telephone. He did not. He emailed me the next day to say he would telephone late that afternoon/evening. I changed my plans to wait for the call. He never called. Days later I still have no response to my phone/emails about that and no gift card. The aeroplan website sends you to <[protected]@carlsonmarketing.ca>

(I also redeemed for movie coupons in December, 2010, and after months of emails and phone calls to Aeroplan/Carlson and being told to be patient, they admitted they had never sent them: there was some computer wipeout in December. It took me however another 4 months to get the coupons from them.)

I have also tried to get assistance from Air Canada Customer Support, and "Aeroplan" aeroplan.[protected]@aeroplan.com, they claim they cannot assist in any way and suggest I call Aeroplan/Carlson Marketing.

“We regret to learn of the issues surrounding your mileage redemption; your frustration is understandable. Unfortunately, the Aeroplan Correspondence Department is unable to address any queries regarding mileage redemptions for gift cards and merchandise. We would ask you contact the Aeroplan Rewards Support via email at <mailto:[protected]@carlsonmarketing.ca>[protected]@carlsonmarketing.ca or by calling the Activities and Merchandise department at [protected].
Your cooperation is appreciated.”

Air Canada is completely unaccountable and unresponsive and I wonder if Aeroplan too is not under Consumer and Corporate Affairs that it can rip people off in this way? Who can I complain to about Air Canada and Aeroplan, these miles are not redeemable. Financial Advisor Ellen Roseman did a story in 2007 on Aeroplan v Air Miles, showing Aeroplan was not good value. And the customer service is appalling.

If you are tired of the Kafka loop within the Aeropan website which gives you no access to getting your questions answered, try and surprise Carlson Marketing directly, the group that Air Canada sold Aeroplan members to years ago and that is doing an even worse job than Air Canada ever did in customer service.

• St
    Steve Sobkiw Jan 11, 2013

I just ordered 2 costco membership cards by mistake, ment to order 2 costco gift cards.I would like you to cancel my first order and give me 13000 points back and you can keep the costco membership cards as I am a member already. Order # [protected].

• Th
    This will not stand Dec 07, 2011

Aeroplan is a Joke.
    Screw up #1
    Last November 2010 I redeemed my rewards points for a $50. Bay Card on line and got a Confirmation number and the points were taken off my total. After the Maximum 6 weeks for delivery as stated on their web site I called to check on the status and ...NO RECORD. Just an apology and they would check in to it?
    1 week later another call to Aeroplan ( Carlson Canada Marketing ) and the same BS.
    2 1/2 Months later after a threat of Legal action to Air Canada CIBC and Sobeys etc for misrepresentation, $50. Bat Gift Card arrived.
    Screw up # 2 The first week in Nov. 2011, I once more redeemed my Aero Plan Rewards from Carlson Canada on line and once again the Aeroplan Rewards Points came off my account and I was given a Confirmation Number. Today one month later I checked my Areo Plan account and again No Record ! Even though I have a Confirmation Number and the Rewards Points came off my total the very day I made the order ! After several phone calls and holds and transfers ...50 minutes later I was told ( in broken english ) that they had no record. She had no suggestions and insisted I should have a shipping number. HOW STUPID ! It was never shipped, why would I have a shipping number ?
    Like many others on this site I suspect AEROPLAN IS A FRAUD. and all Companies involved are a party to this Fraud over and over again. Someone is getting this money.
    I will keep posting to this site as things proceed.