Advanced Wellness Researchovercharged! scam!!! online orders acai berry 500

T

I was charged twice for shipping & handling of $4.99 and twice for $78.81 for the product - all on the same day. The company falsely stated to me that this is an "authorization" and not a charge. I am absolutely furious!!!

RAQUEL Jun 03, 2016

THEY ARE HORRENDOUS!!! i AM ON THE PHONE WITH THEM RIGHT NOW. THEY DO NOT LISTEN!!! i HAD TO YESLL AT THE GUY TO TELL HIM TO CANCEL IT AND GIVE ME THE ADDRESS TO RETURN THE ONES THEY HAVE SENT. AND...I COULDN'T UNDERSTND HIM HALF THE TIME

• Ct
    ctprice2 Jun 03, 2016

I just wanted to let you all know that we received a refund yesterday for the charges that were made for tAdvance Wellness Research's teethwhitening product. I complained to the BBB in Florida, The Attorney Generals Office in Florida and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I am not sure who exactly got our refund, but we did receive it (over $80) so I recommend that you all complain. What this company does is against the law and the more we complain to the authoritiesabout them they will hopefully they put this company out of business.

RAQUEL Jun 03, 2016

AGREE

• Vd
    V. Diana Thatcher Jun 03, 2016

I should have known NOT to order from a pop-up or testimonial site - but I did. Max White (teeth whitening system) and Acai Berry BIG MISTAKE!! Initially they hook you on a "free trial" for shipping only. Once you receive free trial you are then billed repeatedly for items EVEN IF YOU CANCEL! First of all you call their customer service number listed on your card statement - Foreign representatives try to convey rules and regulations in extremely poor English which is upsetting to say the least. I have been charged an additonal $30.00 for some sort of "CLUB" that is a credit monitoring service from all I can figure out. That scares the life out of me - if they are monitoring MY CREDIT!! Is there any other way to help warn other folks out there that are thinking about using their merchandise?? I am trying to send an email to the "customer service" department - my computer keeps freezing up with the email address they've given me. My computer doesn't typically freeze up when sending emails. What a joke!

• Do
    Dom Jun 03, 2016

I called the number for Advanced Wellness Research [protected]) and they stated they are NOT part of "MAX WHITE"?
    The 2 firms I placed my order with cancelled my subscriptions without any 'major' problem; they try to talk you into keeping the first shipment at a reduced cost. However, with the way they are not forthcoming with the monthly charges in their promotion, I DO NOT trust them in the least!
    Notify your Credit Card company and make sure they document your complaint about these charges!

• Ti
    Tirelly Aug 03, 2012

This company WOULD NOT cancel the product when I called. I started calling in June 2009 to cancel my order, which they stated they would do. I didn't save that cancellation number not knowing what a rip off this company was. In July 2009 the charge appeared again on my credit card and the product arrived a few days later. I called again, cancelled the order and kept the cancellation number. In august 2009, again charged, again product arrived in mail. Again called, obtained cancellation number. (OK, so it takes me a while to catch on.) The next day I call, obtain a third cancellation number. The day after that I call, obtain a fourth cancellation number. Need less to say the only way to get them to stop was to cancel my credit card.

• Me
    Melissa VanVleet Nov 21, 2011

I have tried numerous times to get in contact with company and all I ever recieve is an answering machine. Sent emails and would get a response saying that my 30 day trial expired after it took over 2 weeks for the shipment to get to my house. Was told via email that I would not be billed but S&H and my credit card was charged that plus $78.81. Yet the product has never been used. I wanted to send unused product back and demanded a full refund and have heard nothing since. Not for sure what to do now !

• sunsuny Aug 22, 2011

I also was scammed before and not once but finally found a reliable site to get my Sibutramine pills and now I don't have any more problems.
    I orders my pills on www.generic-meds-store.com and I'm very satisfied with both service and products.
    Here in Singapore I know many people that order on this site and all of them are happy with the site services. So I do recommend it to you all

Joe Ford Jun 16, 2011

False advertising...charged for FREE TRIAL of teeth whitening product..We gave credit card # for shipping charges ONLY!

Notme Oct 14, 2010

This website/company is a scam. - Do not give this business any financial information (credit card acct #, etc) - they will continue charging your account under the transaction description of "International Fee - Teeth White". So far, I have had a total of four charges - one for the freight charges for the free trial I ordered, one for $69.99 for, what they claim I agreed to, a membership fee, one for $.50 for the International Fee-Teeth White and one for $2.10 for the International Fee-Teeth White. When I attempted to contact a supervisor at this so-called company, I was told the supervisors were in a meeting and I would have to deal with the customer service person on the line (who gave the name as "Stephen" in a very distinctive Indian accent that was hard to understand since I am an English speaking American). This company has been reported to the fbi and will continue to be reported to any site I can find.

• Wa
    Watchme Nov 09, 2009

I ordered the product and had 14 days to cancel. Nowhere did terms and conditions make clear that the 14 days started from the date you order! How can you cancel something you haven't tried? I cancelled within 10 days of receiving the order, but they debited my bank account for an additonal $78.00 and will not refund my money. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IT IS A RIPOFF.

Jane G. Oct 15, 2009

I am having problems stopping the product. I even called my bank to assist me with the charges that keep coming out. I have been trying to get this stopped for 5 months. This is the first time I have ever been scammed. I am waiting for $350 refund.

• Du
    DUHHHHHH Oct 11, 2009

I too was scammed...finally got a "partial" refund after agreeing to return the product I did not order! To add insult to injury, I noticed a charge on my account, called the phone number and was told I ordered some kind of fitness video (I did not!) after giving out my card number to order from this company. I received a credit the same day but I called and canceled my card anyway and received a new card and card number. WORD OF ADVICE: don't order ANYTHING online, EVER. I will not order anything "trial" ever again because I don't trust any of these people.

• Si
    silver65 Sep 17, 2009

I've been trying to get money back since May - it's now Sept. Bank is still investigating and asked me to return the product, even though I was told by their "rep" from India that it would be returned to me. I did get a confirmation receipt that it was accepted. As I told them in the letter I enclosed "I have more time than money and would go on every website I can find, including BBB and involve my attorney, if necessary".
    I'm afraid as the economy worsens, there will be more and more of this "stuff" going on.

• Ri
    Rich Densel Aug 13, 2009

I too believe that I was scammed. My checking account was charged $78.81 to the day...14 days from the time the product was ordered!!! not when it was received. The rep does spout the company line...sorry there is nothing that can be done. It was only after I wrote a third letter threatening to go to the Better Business Bureau that I even got the courtesy of a return call from their "customer service rep". I have still not gotten any satisfaction but I will still keep trying.

Rich Densel

• Ti
    Tim Aug 12, 2009

Received product that i didnot order. called the number and there was no response to my call.

• Do
    Don Peters Aug 10, 2009

I ordered a free trial kit of the teeth whitening. I was shipped the kit. Then i was shipped two more orders. I had canceled the program in time and have a email from them stating the cancelation date 3/31/09 but they will not refund my money. Also i had a heart attech toward the end of March and i have tried to talk to a supervisor and can"t get anyone.

• St
    steven bodenhausen Aug 09, 2009

received product that i didnot order.called the number and there was no response to my call.

• Gd
    gdez Aug 07, 2009

never ordered any product. received in mail. called and was told someone must have gotten my credit card no. had to close account. this company is a scam.

• Pi
    Pissed in Cali Aug 07, 2009

I wish I had checked this cite prior to ordering. My bank contacted me regarding a transaction. I went online and found 1 transaction for $74.94 (Re-start cleanse should have been $4.99) and the other for $78.88 (ACAI, which should have been $4.99). I will attempted to contact them first thing in the morning. Though, I'm PISSED and cannot afford this "hit" (California State Employee 2009-3 work furlough days per month), I used an account for "allowance" purposes only!

Ma. L. Briones Aug 04, 2009

There was an offer on line for a free trial for teeth whitening.
    I normally don't go for any of these online offers because of
    scams which always happen bu I did fill up the form and submiited it for a FREE TRIAL which would cost me $4.95.
    I did received the free trial and my bank account was charged.
    However, in a week or two, I received another package and
    found out that my bank account was charges $85.92 and this
    without my authorization. And since then I have received
    five other kits and my bank account charged $85.92 five times.
    I have been sick for the past 3 months and have been unable to
    pursue this matter until now. I don't know how to deal with dishonest people. What should I do and what are my options.
    Thank you.

• Jc
    JConnery Aug 02, 2009

I started receiving unsolicited cosmetic products in the US mail. The packing slip indicated that my billing statement woul show as DRI 8668972464LiftSP. I was suspicious and immediately started researching for credit card account charges. I discovered that this company had made initial verification inquiry charge of $0.30 followed by three credits of ($0.30). On subsequent days charges appeared from AG Skin Care [protected] $3.95, Clear Skin Plus [protected] GB $5.04, Capstardiet [protected] $6.01, and DRI 8668972464LiftSP [protected] MN $4.95. Today they made a verification inquiry from Paypal for $1.00, and a verification inquiry for Appleonline for $1.00.

I immediately cancelled this credit card and reported the company to the VISA fraud unit for followup. I was informed by VISA that the charges were originating in Israel.

I have never ordered products from this company.

marsha H Jul 29, 2009

After reading all of these posts I can only say that the stories are all the same and we seem to be getting the same run around. I too have placed numerous calls, filed complaints, returned product and still month after month am charged. I was told to submit a copy of my bank statement to the customer service dept, ummm no, I have submitted letters of cancelation, am returning yet another bottle certified mail, etc...my bank too is investigating it as fraud. A company with this many complaints should not be able to practice bussiness in this matter, in fact should not be able to practice at all...Hopefully an end is near

• Jc
    jcd Jul 27, 2009

Advanced Wellness research, Inc. sent me a trial one month's supply of Pure Rez V Pro, which is supposed to give you energy and help you lose weight and look and feel better. I called them within the first week and told them that I positively did not want to continue receiving this product, that I never sign up for anything without trying and proving it first. I also emailed them and told them the same thing. Today I received a second bottle, which costs over $70 and that money was charged to my credit card account. I called them and told them that they made a mistake and that I did not want to bottle and did not want to continue getting their product. But, first of all, I told them that I had already called and cancelled this weeks ago. Check this savvy trick...he immediately cancelled my subscription and then told me that since my subscription was now cancelled, he could do nothing to take the product back or credit my account. In essence, I will have this charge on my c/c bill this month. I told him that I refused to pay for something that i had already cancelled but he kept repeating that he could not help me since he had just cancelled my account. OF course, I became unglued. I also found out that his name was Tom Wilson and he was in India (I seriously doubt that Tom Wilson was his name if he was from India). I will not pay for this and i will fight them in court if I have to. I am sick to death of fraud and illegal internet theft. Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do about it. thanks so much for letting me vent...BEWARE of this company...(besides...I have found no results after one month with this so called miracle product!)

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 23, 2009

1st send back the products and get a tracking #, 2nd in each package put a note stating all shipments and membership were/was canceled on: (put the date that you canceled for the very 1st time). Call your credit card co. And file a dispute. Ask specifically for the disputes department. If they won't do anything call the headquarters of the credit card logo (MC, Visa, discover, Amex). Getting your money back for this situation should be easy as pie for your card co. if they can't they are incompetent and it's time for you to find a new card co.

John Heathcote Jul 23, 2009

Advanced Wellness Research from Wood Dale, IL. needs to be closed down. They are running a scam and no one is doing anything about it. For the past three months I have called this company on seven occasions asking them to cease sending me their Acai Berry pills. In addition I have sent them three letters reiterating my message. Each time (when I finally get someone) I am informed that they will adhere to my requests, unfortunately they keep sending me the same product and in turn charge my credit card $83.00 each time, in one particular month I was charged for two deliveries which added up to $166.00. Yesterday I received another bottle of their product and sure enough they had charged my credit card again. Although I ask my credit card not to pay them I am told that this issue is between myself and Advanced Wellness. Today (07/23/09 I am going to return this latest bottle of pills to these people in a certified carton, my next step is to ask my bank to cancel my credit card. It is very sad that in this day and age that no-one including the BBB will do anything about this situation which quite frankly IS A SCAM.

• Ji
    Jimmy Jul 20, 2009

My experience is EXACTLY the same as everyone else has posted for this company and its "free trial" of Acai Berry. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to reach someone in this bogus company who can and will refund my money, or do anything about this? I do not want to talk to someone in India.

• Di
    Display Name1 Jul 18, 2009

I was able to cancel my order without any hassle. I carefully read the terms and conditions before placing the order on the website and that's how I knew how this company works. Some of their customers have the credibility to get huge discount offers. You need to call them for discounts and can get up to 90% off on the purchase. My friend who placed the order like everyone else DID NOT read through the terms and conditions and got charged.

jaser1230 Jul 17, 2009

Contact your credit card company for assistance. I contacted Chase's dispute department and they actually conferenced in their Customer Service department. I got cancelled, got my refund and will never do business with these jokers again.

Most major credit card companies should be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.

• Sn
    snype1119 Jul 16, 2009

I too am a victim of these people (and others that I suspect are connected to this company). I never ordered one thing from them, I have never even heard of these companies until I started receiving unauthorized packages.

It started on Tuesday when I received a package from AG Skin Care containing wrinkle cream and a charge on my Chase Visa Card. I disputed the charge and the package is going back with HUGE lettering on it that this was done with a stolen credit card.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and we are now waiting to see how they handle the refund.

Yesterday, I get home to a package from China. I can barely read the package because it is all in Chinese characters. This one was for Guarana pills. The product is Guarana P.U.R.E. That one is going back with huge lettering on it too. I found the website that sells this product and sent them a nasty email. However, the charge never showed up on my Visa card.

I called my Chase Visa people and had my card number changed and added the fraud protection to the account. Hopefully, this was done before the charges from Wednesday and Thursday can be thrown on there.

Today (Thursday) I return home to find a package from Advanced Wellness Research that contains wrinkle cream. This time I found out the phone number for this company and called customer service. I get some drone customer service rep in India (who I couldn't understand at all) who insisted that I did order the product and that I authorized its delivery. He could not grasp the idea that the purchase was made with a stolen credit card. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that I would have to wait 72 hours for a supervisor to call me and then the rep hung up on me. I called back and got the next rep to give me the last four numbers of the credit card used (the card that I suspected, judging by the charges incurred from Tuesday's delivery).

I am furious!

Chuck Turner Jul 11, 2009

This is a widespread scam.

Complain to the FTC - if they get enough complaints they will take legal actions against this company.

Go to: www.FTC.gov - file a complaint: online form or by phone

You can also report it to the FBI - they have a website just for internet crime and fraud - takes 5 minutes to fill in the complaint form:

www.ic3.gov

As for a refund you need to contact the fraud department of your bank or credit card company and get them to do a chargeback on all unauthorised charges. See: www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

• Ji
    Jillian Jul 11, 2009

We ordered Acai Berry for a free trial and this company charged our account for the full price when we canceled the automatic delivery. Please do not order from Advanced Wellness Research. It is not honest!!!

• Sc
    Scot Jul 11, 2009

I, like so many others, stupidly ordered the Acai Berry Supplement for a promotional price of $1.99, with an opportunity to cancel the automatic shipmentwithin 30 days. Of course, I was then charged $78.81 about 12 days later. Boy, do I feel like an idiot and boy am I mad! I think we should start a class action against this sham of a company (after we get our money back)!

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 11, 2009

did you read the terms and conditions b4 giving out your credit card info? did you cancel w/in the free trial period?

Jack Jul 11, 2009

I wanted to try the free bottle of acai berry. They charged my account $83.80 before I even got the bottle. They sent me another one on 2/11/10. Called the company's 1-8... phone number, no one answered. I tried again & again. Finally a man with a very heavy accent answered. His name was Sammy Wilson. Every time I spoke my voice would echo. I told him I wanted to send the pills back and wanted a refund. Each time I tried to speak, he would say over & over that he had cancelled future orders but could not give me a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said, "no supervisor only me". he said he was the supervisor at that time.

• Pa
    Parker Jul 11, 2009

Got a sample of teeth whitening system charged just shipping now see 69.99 out of my account total scam.

• Ca
    Carla Jul 11, 2009

There pitch was is... here is a FREE 2-week trial of "BrightTeeth" Whitening System if you will pay the shipping. within ten days you have a charge on your card for $80.50 and when you call them you get somebosdy in India telling you that it was at the bottom of the page and that you are on a monthly charge until you cancle. This kind of ripping people off has got to stop in the country.

Mathew Jul 08, 2009

I received my initial product promptly. Then I found two additional charges to my credit card. For a total of $166.68. These people are scam artists. We have to stop them.

• Ha
    Harry Jul 08, 2009

I was taken by this company. They have a website for easy cancel and i called the phone number listed. After a long wait a woman could not find anything with my name or email address, home address, home phone or cell number. I was furious and asked how then is it possible you can charge my visa then? She hung up on me. I sent them an email on this and then called the number and this time a man answered and said sure he would cancel my account immediately and I said how when I have not even given you my name yet? He told me their system was down and this was on february 27th. I had to call capitol one and report this fraud and they are issuing me a new card and advised they would handle the fraud issue and I wished them luck as this company is nothing but a scam.

Ragan Jul 08, 2009

I ordered a trial offer for the Acai Berry pills talked about by Dr. Oz as seen on Oprah Winfrey show. I have tried to cancel this subscription numerous times. This company will not cancel my monthly order originally placed and will not stop charging my credit card. I am at my wits end trying to get this auto mailing/charging stopped. Don't ever order this product from them. I am going to be forced to cancel my 20 year credit card I have had for years because of these people!! This should be fraud and they should be closed down.