ADT Securitypoor customer service

A

Called with a problem regarding a defective sensor. The first available service appointment will be five days from now. This is pitiful service, especialliy considering the cost of their service. I'm shopping for another home security service.

• Da
    Daffnee-M Jul 19, 2010

I agree 100% . ADT Alarm Systems is a crooked and scamming company to deal with.
    I was needing a medical alert system because I had taken numerous falls in my home, and after a trip to the ER following a fall I was checked over throughly, given pain medication and sent home. I had been asked by a DR. and nurse if I had a necklace with a button to press if i needed help(I am a 75 yr, old widow and live alone). I didn't have at that particular time. I hadn't been home an hour (still on the effects of pain medicine) when a fellow knocked on my door and wanted to sign me up for an alert system. I thought the hospital had sent him-- THEY HADN'T. So I signed some papers to have their system installed in my home the following week . I was told that it would cost $29.95 a month. AT NO TIME was I told I was signing a 3 year CONTRACT. a week later an installer came and cut a hole in my wall and installed an electronic box with several buttons to press and spent NO TIME EXPLAINING TO ME HOW TO USE IT.( I have had their system disconnected and removed from the wall) examined by several friends who work for other alarm system companies and the ADT system is not even designed to be a MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM, but rather is a burgular system) Within a couple weeks I fell again and tried to press on their necklace/button to get help--nothing worked !!! but it kept asking me for a password/CODE. I lay on the floor for over 40 minutes and was finally able to reach a phone and called a neighbor who came and called the paramedics. After many phone calls, arguements etc. (over 2 yrs time) I was told that I would be "forced" to honor the 3 yr. contract and continue to make the $49.95 a month payments. I am still fighting them and NOT making payments
    Daffnee M

• Sh
    ShannC Jul 06, 2010

I agreed there customer service sucks. My alarm went off right after I left for work and the ADT operator sent the police to the wrong address. I got to work 45 minutes later they called and the operator left a message on my work phone and said to call them. When I called back they said the police were unable to locate my house and he didn't know what to do next since he had the wrong address in his computer. I shortly hung up and called a friend to go over to my house. He went over and my garage door was open, but no one was there and nothing was missing. When I called ADT back and talked to a manager she told me that was human error and it happens. I am a single female living alone and if someone had hurt me this morning I would still be lying there waiting for help... the point of paying $45 per month for an alarm is so that help shows up when it goes off. I want out of my contact so I can switch to another company but ADT said there is nothing they can do. I just have to hope that next time the operator gives the wring address to the police!!! DON'T USE ADT, there monitoring service and customer service suck.

• Th
    this alarm company stinks Apr 08, 2010

I have tried and tried to cancel my services. They are rude and will not stop taking money out of my account. I have to pay my bank to put a stop on the auto withdrawl so they can't keep taking money. what is wrong with them. I was transfer to 5 different reps before one person, who got my name worng even talked to me and then she was RUDE!!! What a joke a a RIP OFF!!!

Andy McWilliams May 10, 2017

@this alarm company stinks I had the same thing happen. My security system never worked. They said they'd let me out of the contract. My wifi isn't strong enough for it to work and never should have been installed. They billed my debit card 6 months afterwards. I had to change my debit card last month. I did. And they called me today asking me catch up with $100+ ! She was rude too.