ADIB Abu Dhabi Islamic Bankfraud in settlement of loans

A Review updated:

Dear All,

This bank is not at all working as per sharia and islam. They are ruining the life of their customers. I have done early settlement of my personal loan with this bank. First of all they play very bad delay and fraud tactics in issuing the Liability Letter. When i complaint to central bank only then they issued the liability letter.

When i paid the amount mentioned in Liability Letter, they deduct much more then that. When i contact the branch asking why this fraud done with me, they almost harassed me me and said this is the right amount, they liability letter amount is not correct. You can imagine there non islamic fraud theft behavior.

When i complaint in call center, they don't even bother to call bank.

When i submit complaint in my online banking section, no reply

After 1 month of making payment so far they have not issued the clearance letter even.

Is this islamic banking?

• Ad
    adib customer Dec 21, 2013

i just paid my loan in this bank adib and they promised they will pay me 50 percent of remaining interests or profts as they call it !

and after i paid they said you will get nothing and they took all the intersets ... its not an islamic bank its a fraud bank

• Aj
    a.jet Apr 08, 2014

Dear ADIB <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Since you are one of the few Islamic bank within the UAE,
    this leave you with enormous responsibility toward your customers; as you are
    aware that by enhancing your servicer’s you will encourage the customers to
    deal with the Islamic banks rather than dealing with the tradition one, where
    you have both credit in financially and religion; now to be more specified I
    would like to represent the below case study

I am regular customer sine 3 years, since 25 march I have
    asked for small amount as loan _
    madinat Zaid
    branch the western region
    _; so far I didn’t receive any
    confirmation although I had visited the branch more than one time and I had
    call your call center; by saying that let walk you through the two below
    scenarios

I am frustrated customer with good influence on my company
    _ where we have over than 10.000 account number in
    your bank
    _, and I would write to our management explaining my
    situation of the above an how its affect me severely
    and recommend not to deal with your bank any more

I will just close my account and start
    dealing with other banks

In both scenarios you as Islamic bank will hold the
    entire Islamic responsibility for forcing us as non-satisfied customer to deal
    with other bank ((we are forced to deal in HARAM way)).

Actually I have many thing share with your good
    self-based on the above bad experience and I would highly evaluated if someone
    call me to discussed the same ; bearing in mind that I am questioning
    your entire system not just complaining about one employee in purpose to
    enhance your service’s for your own best and for the entire community best

Appreciating your understanding

• Ye
    Yer67 Aug 18, 2014

I am also now one of the complainant. I apply for liability letter to ADIB and took a month before i got the letter. I was surprise that the amount is not correct in my computation. I have a four years loan in ADIB and i pay for 1 year now so the amount are reduced from 90k with interest. Now i want to settle the remaining amount it should be 75k and 1% of the net amount - but they told me that i should pay 90k with interest for 3 years. I am trying to complain from Central bank UAE and hopefully they have a good answer.

I transfer to one of the Islamic Bank also and the agent advise me to ask the Central Bank because their regulation is also the same in my computation and also their charge me for my loan 18 percent but when we check the remaining amount is not correct - its more than 18 percent. And the person who did it to me get promoted as a team leader of loans in Najda branch.

I just want to know if that is correct that i need to settle the amount with interest of 3 years?

• Ar
    Arsh82 Dec 20, 2014

I have finally resolved this issue for early settlement of loan from abu dhabi islamic bank.

Mr. Ahmed from NBAD bank helped me to come out of it. He can be contacted on
    [protected]).

I have got the liability letter from abu dhabi islamic bank, with 1% on principal balance.

Contact him he can definitely help you to come out of this issue.

• Om
    Om Gupta Jun 26, 2015

It seems that NBAD has a inefficient manpower in most of the branches. They intentionally delay liability letter and NOC for the customers. The worst thing they did is hold my salary amount for three months which is illegal. They got money from other bank and also hold my personal money. How can they do it. Their customer care is saying this might happen due to some technical mistake. The technical mistake is in the mind of shameless staff of Mushriff mall branch, Abu Dhabi. I will never recommend NBAD to anyone in future.

• Za
    zahrat Jul 09, 2015

i was waiting for my liability letter from adib bank almost a month till i get mad n scream in the bank.they never inform me till i called them and found out.every day i have to call and that's the time i knew what is the problem .they never give me a feedback till i by myself calling them n found out.after i got the liability letter i went to the bank with the new bank representative and wanna pay the outstanding amount.during tht time they question me y i have outstanding still.i was wondering y they not count properly how much i owe them before they release the liability.;liability letter from them is actually the total amount outstanding include everything that i owe them. that's wht i understand. i really don't understand y they should do this to their customer.they really make their customer facing hard time and they really doing their job not efficient. the moment they say its done n clear from my side the next day when i follow up they said so many excuses.the worst part is they asking me back wht should they do and they asking me y its happened? i guess the staff in confusing stage.they confused either me or them working in that bank, they confusing either me or them is the customer, if i knew everything i can do it by my self.They really make me lost my mind n yelling n screaming inside the bank.i have postponed my flight for eid vacation just to settle this matter.now i still waiting my clearance letter from them hope they not lie to me n let me keep waiting !i really frustrated and in future never and not recommend adib bank in future.

• Mo
    Mobashshir Yasin Aug 17, 2015

Dear ADIB,
    It is really wors service provided by ADIB...(Cards # [protected])
    I hav made a transcation on 30.5.2015 of INR 25075 with ICICI India but the transaction was failed and I raised a dispute form on 10.06.2015.
    I received one e-mail from ICICI that amount has chechback on 1.07.2015 but still money is not credited in my account.

Same detail I Have forwarded to Anas.[protected]@adib.com on 09.8.2015 but no responce at all then again I forwadred the same to Rubika.[protected]@Adib.com on 15.08.2015 but no response in between I called service centre 4 time but invain

ICIC detail below
    > Txn amt in Netwk Sett Curr- 25075
    > Chbks Amt in INR- 25075
    > FT No (Txn Ref No )- [protected]
    > SECOND FT NO IN CASE OF DUPLCATE PROCESSING CASE-NA

Kindly check and provide me feedbak

Regards,
    Yasin Mobashshir [protected])

• Ge
    Geo... Feb 14, 2016

Dear Concerned ADIB, I have tried to send some cash through online ADIB but the charge is AED-25 even in exchange they are taking AED 15 to 20 also other banks ADCB etc. having 3 time free of cost for send money online to India as well. Please think about it and be worked for customer's satisfaction.

Chandroth May 19, 2016

I am having Adib credit card. Unfortunately someone had hacked my data and took AEd 100000 online from Thailand. Same day I made a compliant then after 8 month I received the details from bank its clearly showing that in transaction details card holder name is not mine but bank says that nothing to with name last Four digit card no is yours so you need to add 10000 plus 4500 interest also last 14 month I am sending letters and visiting the branch but I couldn't see a single person who can help me
    Their Call center ia worst. So stayaway from
    ... Tjis is not bank ...

...

Marwa Hefny Aug 18, 2016

Hi All,

I am trying to contact the bank through their hotline however they had an issue in the number send them many emails to call me as i need to check status of my credit card with no response that was for Egypt Branch.

Worst customer service ever

Thanks
    Marwa

• Ar
    AryaR Jun 19, 2017

Hi all,
    Thanks for reporting here, I noticed now that they have deducted more money than what was mentioned in the liability letter.
    I applied for loan buyout from NBAD, and they issued the cheque as per ADIB liability letter. They kept delaying, for the liability letter i had to go atleast 7 times to branch. The branch staff just dismiss you saying call customer care. When i called customer care they say they are helpless, please visit the branch. Then i started being assertive at the branch. Thats when i finally got my liability letter after 2 months! Then when i submitted the cheque from NBAD, they(ADIB) credited the amount to another account the very next day, but took more than a week to use the amount to close my car finance. Reason - the lady at the MAMZAR branch FORGOT to take my signature (I had repeatedly asked her whether I have to sign anything when i was submitting the cheque). She called me after a week to come to the branch and sign the paper, i forgot. When i went to the branch, she was on sick leave, and I was informed by another lady, that we cant do anything. Finally i went after two days, this time visited another counter. That guy took my signature and was surprised why would someone being on leave stop me from giving my signature!! Seriously big failures the customer service representatives are. They do not even look at your face when you are talking to them. The manager at the Deira Bank was no different - i got the liability letter from the Deira branch and because ii was so frustrated with the branch, i submitted my clearance cheque at MAMZAR branch. Both branches seemed no different. And any complaints to the customer care are useless too. They say they will call back but no response. Very irresponsible bank.
    Finally when they did, they have deducted more money than in the liability letter. If anybody is considering associating with this bank, Please DO NOT. Seems like they are into fraud and will make you pay for your decision to put your money there.

• Hi
    Hiba786 Feb 11, 2019

One of ur employe her name sadaf and Employes I'd 909360 she is not take a signature for contact paper (murhaba contract ) and cheq .even customers don't know contact the contract paper she I did signature for customer just check all approved case and cross Check then u know it not good for bank and customer also try to stop this

• Hu
    Humza78888 Feb 12, 2019

One leady working with adib dsu
    Her name sadaf job I'd 909361
    She is not takeing signature for approval paper. She did sign for customer please check it all case she is working with adib dsu check all approvel paper (contract) which is by that lady. So please check customer Dono know what happy it better u take card of this

• St
    Stuart Prince Jan 01, 2020

I would like to dispute on some transaction which has occurred from ADIB bank. i would like a email address so that i can sent those documents .

[protected]@gmail.com