ACNWon't let me cancel - RIPOFF

ACN Digital Scam!! My brother talked me into joining ACN over two years ago. Because he was so excited about the opportunity and because I wanted to show my support, I signed up for the phone service and business opportunity. It was the worst financial and business decision I’ve ever made. The phone sucks! You can’t talk and hear the other person at the same time. So if you’re telling a story or talking and the other person wants to chime in, it’s a no go. They just have to wait until you finish and then there is an awkward pause, and then you both start and the phone cuts one of you off which is even more awkward. It’s awful. Not to mention we had to call the customer support line dozens of times to get the video to “work”. The refresh rate is choppy. The phone is useless. It’s been collecting dust in my basement for two years. Nobody wants to join! For several months my brother and I hit it hard, talking to everyone, holding living room meetings. ACN made a big deal about Donald Trump showcasing the ACN Digital IRIS 5000 or IRIS 3000 on his show. We had a big The Apprentice party and talked about it on Facebook and Twitter and created our own blog about it. Nothing. Nobody had any interest in the phone or service. After a few weeks, we realized we made a big mistake. They won’t let you cancel! As soon as we realized this wasn’t going to work we tried to cancel. No can do. You’re LOCKED into a two-year contract. This means, with interest on my credit card, I’ve WASTED OVER $3, 846!!! And this is at a time I’m trying to pay off my debt. ACN put me back on my debt free plan for years. The REALLY won’t let you cancel!! So after two long years my brother went to cancel. They told him he couldn’t, that had to call in on the EXACT day the bill was due. What?! Isn’t that illegal? He warned me about his experience so I let another month go by and called in on the right day and cancelled. Hoorah! I felt like I was free of the ACN scam for the first time. Until…I looked at my credit card bill this morning and THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN…AFTER I CANCELLED!! HEEELLLLLLPPPPP!! I’m in ACN HELL!! Now, as a lot is happening in my personal life, I have to fight with them on the phone, do a chargeback, contact the FTC, BBB and Attorneys’ General office in my state and ACN’s state and fight to get out of their system. ACN is like a big wad of gum in your hair that you can’t get out for YEARS! Please…if you are looking at ACN’s phone service or business opportunity, don’t walk away…RUN!!! Jon F. in Utah

• Dd
    ddriscoll Aug 21, 2013

I signed up for ACN phone service and when the service didn't work no matter how hard I tried, changed Modem, Router, and phone adapter, and still phone calls where being dropped and sounded bad to callers. Also at times people would say I called 4 times, the first three went straight to voice mail, and this is when we were waiting for their call. we had got home and said call me on my house phone because our cell does not get good coverage in our area. and we waited for the call and wondered what took so long. well I changed my number back to Ooma to get better service and it works great. I paid close to $700 for 9 months service for ACN phone after buying the phone adapter, video phone and service at $42 a month (they advertise 29.00, they claim the rest is taxes) and the cancellation fees. WOW! now I pay a little less than $4.00 a month about what I was paying a year for ACN and it works great. no need for a new modem or router. I wish I hadn't had this experience I called twice to try and get the cancellation fees back, but both times I was told they couldn't help me and a manager would call me the next day and both times they didn't. They always ended the call with is there anything else I can help you with. I guess not.

• Ac
    ACN Inc. Mar 25, 2011

Jon, we are sorry that you have had trouble cancelling phone service. According to the details in your post, you should not be receiving charges from ACN. Please contact ACN Customer Care to discuss this issue and remedy the problem. Our contact information is available within the CONTACT US section of our website at myacn.com. Thank you for your patience.

As far as cancelling your distributorship as an independent representative, the company terms and conditions state that you have 10 days to cancel and receive a refund.