Having problems with AccountNow?

AccountNow reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 11, 2008. The latest review replacement card / phone number change was posted on Mar 27, 2021. The latest complaint holding funds was resolved on Nov 10, 2014. AccountNow has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 112 reviews. AccountNow has resolved 17 complaints.

AccountNow Customer Service Contacts

2603 Camino Ramon Ste 485
San Ramon, California
United States - 94583-9131
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1966, San Ramon, CA 94583

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AccountNow Customer Service. Initial AccountNow complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AccountNow above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AccountNow. Discuss the issues you have had with AccountNow and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AccountNow Complaints & Reviews

AccountNowI will never do business with them again

First I would like to say Account Now is a total FRAUD.You should not do business with them ! Some kind of way someone got access to my card information and my address and my personal info.and used 275.00 out of my account when I called account now to depute the charge they said that yhe money was used to purchase a web gift card .Whatever thats supposed to be.They needed me to sign and notarize a statement that I had nothing to do with the charge I did all that they asked of me . And then the games began now there saying that someone used the money to rent a utility truck in Arizona I never been to Arizona.they gave me a number to contact the supposed to be company it was no good. I called the operator in Arizona and they said the number is no good because it stays off the hook all day.Now I have spoken to about 7 pepole and they keep saying they are going to send me a copy of the sales draft that claimes to have mailed me this gift card.Is this about a gift card or a truck rental now im confused .So I never got that sales draft and my dispute was denied .when I asked for the merchants info. they said all they could give me is that same bad number which is now diconnected by the way.I will NEVER do bussiness with them again they totaly suck .I think that they took my money If I had a lawyer i would sue the filthy rich pants off of them .TOTALLY NOT FAIR TAKE FROM THE POOR GIVE TO THE RICH!!!

• Ta
      tarinahoward Feb 23, 2014

I know of 8 different people plus myself who used Account Now for their tax refund because of the early delivery of the funds. Account Now accepted our tax returns and after about 4 days they suddenly blocked the cards. One person was in the middle of shopping when her card got blocked. They could not give an explanation as to why it was blocked only that documents were needed to confirm identity. We have sent these people our whole life documents and still no release of the funds. After they got our documents they proceeded to say they closed the account and sent the money back to the IRS and it would take 6 weeks for the IRS to get it. Mind you the IRS stated that Account Now was the 3rd recipient and they originally sent the money to University Bank. Account Now refuses to provide me with any more information. Even though they have my full identity and all of my money along with others.I know of 8 different people plus myself who used Account Now for their tax refund because of the early delivery of the funds. Account Now accepted our tax returns and after about 4 days they suddenly blocked the cards. One person was in the middle of shopping when her card got blocked. They could not give an explanation as to why it was blocked only that documents were needed to confirm identity. We have sent these people our whole life documents and still no release of the funds. After they got our documents they proceeded to say they closed the account and sent the money back to the IRS and it would take 6 weeks for the IRS to get it. Mind you the IRS stated that Account Now was the 3rd recipient and they originally sent the money to University Bank. Account Now refuses to provide me with any more information. Even though they have my full identity and all of my money along with others. please email [email protected] with 1st name and a way to contact you about going after this company.

• Xr
      Xrenman May 28, 2010

On Jan. 29, 2010 both of our Federal returns were deposited into my my account. They closed the account telling me that I participated in an illegal deposit! They then told me that both of our refunds were sent back to the IRS. We contacted the IRS and they told us that they have NOT returned the deposits!!! I am VERY fed-up with AccountNow. I will never do business with them again. It's been over 2 weeks now and guess what - ACCOUNTNOW is making a million dollars + just on the INTEREST alone sitting in THEIR account.

AccountNowgave me wrong routing number

This company sucks. Got my new prepaid debit card. In the letter where i recieved my card, it gave me a routing and account number..with a nifty tear off card to keep in my wallett. I used this card to file my taxes. Come to find out, the routing number is completely wrong. Called account now, and they simpy replied that that routing number goes to another bank. I was on the phone for 45 mins. I look up the other bank and call them. They are in fact parters with account now.. but they coud not help me!! You have to Call account now they said. So i did, again.. and there is nothing acount now do about sending out people their new debit card with paperwork with the WRONG routing number. Now i have to wait and see if my refund is returend.. and then wait for a paper check.. how dumb. This company sucks!!

• St
        Stressed_out Jan 27, 2012

Same thing happened to me. I don't understand why the heck you would send your customers wrong information like that.
        Now I have to wait and see. I was really counting on my refund. Now I am totally screwed for god knows how long

• Ac
        acj43 Feb 17, 2011

Well I guess the complaints are only coming from people that recieved their taxes on a new card that they had just recieved, because I have had my card for about 3 years and have had my taxes to go to my card every year, And I have never had a problem with account now, and my payroll check goes direct deposit every payday. It seems like it was scamed only on the people who had just started using the cards. I'm not gonna say that it want happen to me but if it does it's gonna either be my employer fault or account now.

Account Nowaccount now froze my account

Account Now froze my account on Monday, May 24, 2010. When I called I was told it was frozen due to "suspicious activity" on my account. I had recieved a refund on my card that they flagged my account for. I was asked to fax in documents, which I promptly did. I received a fax confirmatioon tuesday morning from sending them in to Acct. Now. I was told that my funds would be released by wednesday morning, they were not. I called, a representative in the risk deptartment informed me that they were in review and would be released to me that afternoon. They were not.
      I called this morning (thursday, May 27) I was AGAIN told that they were in review. I was also told that my fax hadnt been received until Wednesday even though I discussed the fax with a representative on Tuesay! So they just bought themselves another 24 hours with my money...I am 6 months pregnant and high risk. As of now I have no money, no gas, and my phone bill that is usually debited from my account now card was unable to process because of this. We are coming up on a holiday weekend, I rescheduled my ultrasound appt 3 times this week because I was promised that my money would be available. Every rep I talk to tells me something different. I am terrified of being home on a 3 day weekend without ANY money and my phone being disconnected. This company is shady, I feel like they are stealing from me. I am filing a complaint with the BBB.

AccountNowthey claimed my tax refund did not belong to me

I had part of my federal tax refund go onto my accountnow debit card on 1/29. I used the card several times that day without problem. Next day, my card was decined. I had to wait until business hours to call accountnow. Monfay 2/1 I called. They requested that I fax my driver's lic. SS card, utility bill & w-2's. I am self employed and do not have w-2's. I was given no reason why, but my account had been lockes. I had $1853.90 in my account that I could not access. I caled several times over the next 3 days without a resolution. I was always told that someone would call me back within 24 hours. I was not allowed to speak with anyone but customer service. On 2/4 I received a call from a "lady" at accountnow. She told me that "unfortunately my account was being closed" They claimed my tax refund did not belong to me, even after I sent the faxed items proving my ID. They are supposedly returning my refund to the IRS. There is no way to describe the hardship that this has left me facing.

• Ta
            tarinahoward Feb 23, 2014

I know of 8 different people plus myself who used Account Now for their tax refund because of the early delivery of the funds. Account Now accepted our tax returns and after about 4 days they suddenly blocked the cards. One person was in the middle of shopping when her card got blocked. They could not give an explanation as to why it was blocked only that documents were needed to confirm identity. We have sent these people our whole life documents and still no release of the funds. After they got our documents they proceeded to say they closed the account and sent the money back to the IRS and it would take 6 weeks for the IRS to get it. Mind you the IRS stated that Account Now was the 3rd recipient and they originally sent the money to University Bank. Account Now refuses to provide me with any more information. Even though they have my full identity and all of my money along with others. Please email 1st name and a way to contact you to [email protected]

fightingbck Feb 04, 2012

They froze my sons account right after his $8000 tax return posted saying he needed to prove his identity. That was Jan 31. Have faxed 15 pages of identifying information because they needed to verify his identity. Have phoned numerous times and account still restricted. Wake up people..this company is asking for personal information and closing everyone accounts that have large tax returns. Somehow all this money just disappears ? I Know what they are up to. They want our information so they can close our accounts and open up new ones using our personal information. New accounts for themselves. Figure it out...they are committing identity theft against their own customers..First of all they ask us to fax w2s ? They are not the IAS. They did not prepare my taxes and that money was cleared through the IRS..its a scam and they are getting away with it by hiding behind the patriot act..not once is it ever mentioned how they secure our personal information..who has access to those documents or what happens to them..they will continue milking us and getting away with it unless we fight back..I mean come on now they must be breaking some federal laws here..we need to all the accountnow card holders who have gone through this to fight back and shut them down..lets all get together and file complaints with federal banking agencies state reps bbb, ftc, occ and particularly in CA. Since that's where they are headquartered. We need to make these people listen..Eventually if enough of us complain they will investigate..I'm ready to call the media and expose them for the crooks they are..I'm fed up, exhausted and broke thanks to account now

• Va
            val02201979 Mar 24, 2011

i had my taxes did like that what happen next with your taxes from account now

Account Nowdeposit theft

AFTER BEING A LOYAL CARD MEMBER WITH MY PAYCHECKS FROM DOD BEING DIRECT DEPOSITED AMONG OTHER DEPOSITS FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT ONE MINOR PROBLEM.I WAS TO BE A VICTIM OF THEIR CORPORATE GREED AND THEFT WHEN MY PAYCHECK WAS AND STILL IS BEING WITHHELD WITHOUT ANY GROUNDS OR RULES VIOLATIONS ON MY PART.MY EMPLOYER TRANSFERED MY EARNINGS BY CREDIT CARD RETURN USING HIS PROCESSOR.I WAS ABLE TO USE THE FIRST DEPOSIT WITHOUT A PROBLEM, IN FACT NOT ONE WORD THIS METHOD WAS WRONG, NO WARNINGS TO HIM OR I AT ALL.THE SECOND ONE WAS HELD AND I WAS TO FIND THIS OUT ONLY WHEN MY BILL PAYS WENT UNPAID.I WAS 5 CALLS IN WHEN I GOT WORD I WAS BEING SOUGHT AS COMMITING SOME SORT OF FRAUD.I WAS BEING PUNISHED DENIED MY EARNINGS FOR THEIR OWN MISTAKES AND PRACTICES.STILL AS OF TODAY 03/13/2010 40 DAYS IN THERE HAS BEEN NO REFUND OR CREDIT NOR EXPLAINATION. THEY JUST STOLE MY CHECK NO DIFFERENT THEN SOME ROBBER ON THE STREET AND THEIR IS NO HELP .

• Bl
              blatkn Nov 11, 2012

The same thing has happened to my mom's SS and government retirement annuity. Meta Bank just keeps changing the names of these frauds. Now they call it " Netspend " . We are being stonewalled too. Meta Bank swears they are not receiving my mom's $$$ but we know they are lying! She has lost at least 3 months of her income to these crooks. Her credit union acct. went into arrears by $2300 from bad checks and NSF fees because all of her $$ was diverted to Meta Bank. My mom has dementia and the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, as if that isn't bad enough, now she's a victim of the worse kind of greed.

fightingbck Feb 10, 2012

I will email you when i get home from work..we def need to talk and get others on board..we can both search for others who have had the same problem..as of today, I have received notification from FED RESERVE, BBB and Attorney General..Someone needs to listen to us

• Sh
              SHASA Feb 07, 2012

HEY I'M ON BOARD WITH YOU. I FILED A COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM TODAY WITH THE CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU. THEY REALLY NEED TO BE STOPPED. THEY REFUSE TO RELEASE MY RETURN . I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS COMPANY. PLEASE EMAIL ME at [email protected] I REFUSE TO LET THIS GO!!!

fightingbck Feb 04, 2012

AccountNow — tax refund

This company has not rejected our state taxes. they are holding them still after a week. We have sent in all...

Accountnow Prepaid Visa Debit Cardunwanted visa debit card

I received THREE prepaid Visa debit cards in the mail today from AccountNow. I do not want, nor did I request these cards. All have my name on them, my correct postal address and their own unique account number.

Their customer service number is operated by recordings. How do I find out where they got my information and how do I make sure these accounts are closed?

• Al
                alm38 Dec 27, 2009

They are prepaid cards, you have to put money on them in order for them to work. You can just cut them up and throw them out. You can talk to a live representative if you call during their normal business hours.

Account Now Prepaid Visamisleading advertising

My sister signed up with them under the guise of building her credit, having had an account closed during hard times. She has since paid off the debt to her old bank, and is trying to reestablish her credit foundation. After receiving her card (to which I was immediately skeptical about, having no approval procedures other than "give us your billing information, and we'll handle screwing you-er, .. I mean "the rest"), she was instantly discouraged by their charges for *everything, charges for customer service, charges she says for cancellation, charges for the "privilege" of letting them play with your money until you use it. *Garbage. This is not a credit card, it is a VISA *Debit card which has no affect on your credit positively or negatively. *Useless. She was charged $10.00 for sign up (on a website that makes a killing (I bet) on the sales pitch "FREE SIGN UP, *INSTANT APPROVAL". I will be looking into helping her cancel it, (in the terms and conditions, . it mentions calling/writing them to withdraw consent). Needless to say I am disgusted that companies like this exist to prey on those already in trouble, it makes my skin crawl to think of their grubby hands counting this money at night. Hope you are sleeping well you ###.

misleading advertising

• Th
                  thel Aug 07, 2015

@sassy lady - she says "in the terms and conditions" which means they did read it. The fact that they are stating here that they were "blind sided" by the fees. They did not see these terms in the TOS. they are supposed to have these listed on the webpage for any charges.

the site may have been a fake site that isnt affiliated with visa which would explain it. dub-out it though.

SASSY LADY Oct 23, 2009

maybe you should read whats called "terms and condition" it helps learing about what you sign up for after all god gave you a brain for something other than complaining about a company because you forgot to read over the company NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS FREE

account.nowstill waiting for my card

IT HAS BEEN MORE TIME WHEN THEY SAID MY PREPAID CARD WILL BE HERE I AM STILL WAITING AND IT HAS BEEN SINCE 3/21/2009 I GOT THE PRINT SHEET CONFRIMING THA IT WILL BE HERE 5-7 DAYS NOTHING IF A COMPANY TELLS YOU SOMETHING I MYSELF THINKS IT SHOULD GO THROUGH WITH IT.ON MY PAPER IT EVEN SAYS CONGRATULATIONS YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW OPEN PLEASE REVIEW YOUR RECORDS AND SEND ME MY CARD .THANK YOU MY NAME IS TRINA MULDROW LAST FOUR DIGITS OF THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 8342.

Accountnow Visa Prepaid — bad customer service

This company is a joke. I have been asking for a replacement card since the 13th of January, and today is the...

Account Now Visa — disputes

The Company has drained my personal account, And now This accountnow visa 29.95&29.95 Needs to be refunded

Account Now Visa — they froze my card and won't reply

In the beginning of May, 2008 I contacted my credit card company (Account Now Visa) and advised them that...