Acai Berry SupremeCharging for product

J

I purchased a trial for 5.95. It states that they will charge 88.00 after 15 days. I bought it on September 26th and on Oct 6th they withdrew 88.00. They also sent me-without my asking a bottle of "Total Cleanse" and said if I did not send it back they will charge 78.00 to my account. So, it is not a "Free Trial" and they take the money faster than you can send anything back. I have sat on the phone for over 2 hours on hold at a time with their customer service number.

• Gi
    Ginger M Tinley Oct 08, 2008

I received my trail order of Acai Berry Supreme and keep trying to cancel my order before my 15 days expire. When I try to call the [protected] number I always get disconnected before the phone even rings.

Do not trust this company and what do I need to do to solve the problem?

• Lo
    Louise Oct 08, 2008

I had the same problem!

I ordered the Acai Berry Supreme trial on Sept. 24th, and today there is a charge going through my account! I have been trying to reach their customer service line, but have sat on hold for way too long. I am trying to call again right now, and it won't even connect me!!!

Any ideas? I am calling my bank and explaining to them what is going on, but how the heck are you supposed to cancel it? I think this is a horrid scam...

Marianne Hurst Oct 08, 2008

I also had this happen to me with this company. You get disconnected most of the time and if you do happen to get through you will sit on hold for over an hour. I finally got through to someone and they said they would cancel my order but he said didn't have a confirmation number for me. He said i'd get an email, which never came. I called back the next day and sat on hold for another hour and ended up speaking with the same guy, ADAM. He finally sent the email saying that my order was cancelled. Hopefully I won't be charged... but i'm not holding my breath.

• Va
    Valerie Beach Oct 09, 2008

I need to get a hold of someone for this damn thing.. can anyone tell me how to cancel my order, the number they gave keeps hanging up before it even rings... the lady that got adam can you tell me what number you called!!! please thank you

• Ro
    Robin Peterson Oct 09, 2008

I am having the same problem. It had been 14 days and I can not get through to anyone to cancel my order. No one will answer the phone and on day 12 they withdrew the money from my account.
    If anyone can give me advice on how to get through, I would greatly appreciate this.

• Je
    jessica Oct 10, 2008

i am having the same problem and i am PISSED! if anyone got through can you please send me the # you called?? thank you!!

• Ro
    Ron Oct 11, 2008

Call the Attorney General in your state to expose this scam! I was sucked in as well and cant reach the company to cancel my order. i am going to my bank to put a stop payment on the company.

maddy Oct 13, 2008

IM PISSED OFF! I ORDERED THE FREE TRIAL...AND WHEN I PUT MY CRAD INFO AND PRESS THE RUSHH BUTTON I DO NOT EVEN GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER OR AN EMAIL. AFTER THAT I FELT IT WAS KINDA PHISHY!!! I TRIED CALLING THE NUMBER AND NOONE EVER PICKS UP..I NEED TO CANCEL ASAP...DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

maddy Oct 13, 2008

and oh yeah..I would like to know they got my checking card info and when I clicked the rush button what popped up was the date my trial was going to come. On the top of the page shows a line of shipping address, address verification and confirmation...when I clicked it was still at the shipping adress...did it go through? Did it process?

• La
    Laura Oct 15, 2008

Hey so like everyone else I've had the same problem with this product. i ordered it on the faster shipping option so I was suppose to receive in in 1-5 days. Well after 4 days I figured I would call, of course it would be dead silence and the call ended usually around 12-14 seconds. So I waited and since today would be the 7th day I finally started to google acai berry supreme scams and came to this page. Seeing how they charge you before you even test the product I was more willing now to cancel the account asap. So I called again and the dead silence happened for about 6 calls, on the 7th call it started to ring. I was on hold for about 30 minutes with "Tony" ( i dont think this was his real name since he hesitated to give it to me when i asked for it, lol) I asked where my order was, he looked up the number and started apologizing and said it was never ship! So after he said it will ship today, I told him I would like to cancel the account after reading the complaints on this side. There was some debating from him about how they don't charge people til the end of the 15 day trial and I told him I strongly disagree and would like the account cancelled. So in the end apparently I will still be getting my 2 free bottles (acai&colon) and I should be receiving an email stating that my account has been cancelled. He says the only thing that should show up on my bank statement is the shipping cost I paid. If I don't receive the cancellation email today, I will probably repeat this process sometime tomorrow around this time. I hope my experience will be able to help anyone still trying their best to get in touch with this company.

• To
    Tori Oct 15, 2008

I noticed the charge on my bank statement and a number beside it, of course when you call the number it says the box is full and no one is answering the damn phone. I try to call the billing department, to no avail, no answer. I have printed off your complaints as well and I'm going to the bank first thing in the morning, before they hit me for that total cleanse, i never ask for.

• Ha
    Harsh Oct 16, 2008

I'm facing the same problem. The phone just disconnects even before ringing. They sent me total cleanse even though I didn't ask for it. And now the trial period is going to end but I can't cancel it because the phone doesn't work! Help !!

• Dc
    DCB Oct 16, 2008

I've been trying to call for two days, when I use my cell phone, it immediatly disconnects. The landline connects, but I am left on hold forever. The recording keeps telling me I can use the online chat feature for most customer service issues and when I finally found a website with the online chat, I realized I was not chatting with a person, but with a computer program that is searching for keywords in order to answer what must be common questions. I was never allowed to cancel my membership with this online chat agent. I got Ashley and Kelly as my chat agents. Sadly, I've had to cancel all my banking information to avoid being scammed by all this, and that cost me 13 dollars in replacement fees, which is much better than the 80+ that these people are going to charge. I also strongly suggest that other people notify the celebrities that are being used on the website promoting these products. As individuals, we are small, as a group we are large.

Additionally, did anyone actually receive the product? Did you take it, and did it do anything? As the company itself appears to be a scam, I am scared to take the product now.

Shirley Brock Oct 17, 2008

I, like almost everybody else, was scammed by this company. I did not see the cancellation clause. When I called, I was met with a stone wall. Can't we do something? What about a class action suit or a FCC complaint? I feel so cheated. When did we get to the place of plain old fraud in dealing with companies. Can't we trust anymore? I do not plan to let this rest. I will contact Oprah, Rachel, the FCC, the USPS and anybody else that can possibly save someone else from being scammed by this "company". I am so mad right now I could spit. I'm retired and I don't have money to waste on scams. They ought to be ashamed...in talking to them there was absolutely no regret or empathy. It was made out to the point "you should have read the tiny print." WHAT CAN WE DO?

• Me
    Meshelle Oct 20, 2008

I ordered the product and requested express shipping. After waiting for over a week I realized something was not right, I had not received the trial order. I started researching the product and knew I had to reach the company to cancel my order which I never received in the first place. Like everyone else I would get disconnected but hang in there...it took me approx. 20 calls and I was able to make a connection. Was on hold for about 20 minutes...again hang in there! I reached a person named Robbie and she did cancel BOTH orders (Acai & Cleanse)...an email confirmation was received for proof. Good Luck and just be patient.

maribeth Oct 20, 2008

I was having the same problem! I paid the extra 9.95 to have it shipped in 1-5 business days...then 9 days later...nothing! I searched the internet and found this page. I called and it hung up on me about 10 times, then the 11th time I finally got through and waited on hold for 20 minutes, then finally talked to some guy. He told me my order wasnt shipped and it would be shipped today, and that my free trial didnt start until it was shipped. I told him forget it just cancel everything because it was hard enough to get in contact with them the first time I wanted to cancel! He said I would get an email. What a scam!!!

Brittney Hock Oct 20, 2008

What is the correct number to call and cancel? I have been researching this online and have seen a few different numbers - none of which work! Thank you.

• As
    ashley Oct 20, 2008

same thing happend to me!!!

Sherri Oct 21, 2008

I think i may have the solution to your problem!!!
    I also ordered the extreme acai berry pills and JUST successfully cancelled my order!

The number i phoned was [protected]

*mind you i did have to put my phone on speaker and listen to the ridculous elevator music for 20 minutes or so. AND they will try to keep your business by adding another product and extending your trail period. I do reccomend you say no!

Also!! Very important !!
    Extreme Acai Berry MAY SELL OR TRANSFER INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE IN Extreme Acai Berry'S SOLE DISCRETION.

If you do not wish us to use personal information about you to promote or sell our products and services or to sell, transer or otherwise provide personal information about you to third parties, please inform us by contacting customer service at [protected] and we will certainly honor your request.

I hope this help you all! Now lets all learn from this and NEVER give out our credit card number to some scam of a diet product!

sandraab Oct 22, 2008

i sure wish i had seen this page before ordering. luckily i used a regular credit card instead of a debit so i can work with my bank to cancel it. i feel cheated already... will come back to advise of my experience...

• Su
    Suzy Oct 23, 2008

CALL YOUR BANK, have them cancel your debit/credit card and issue and new one. YOU DON"T HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR WHOLE ACCOUNT... .JUST THE CARD IT'S SELF.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO PREVENT THEM FROM ACCESSING YOUR FUNDS!!!

I am just as pissed as everyone here but we can do SOMETHING!!! I ordered on October 21st, 2008 and made a note to call today and cancel. I got through to Acai Berry but NOT TOTAL CLEANSE! Freaking scammers!

I hope this will help you!! DO IT ASAP before they get all your money!

• Za
    zada Oct 23, 2008

I can't believe they can get away with this...

I also was hit with the $78 charge, and the $88 dollar charge today that overdrew my account...

Wonderful.

I don't know what to do. I called the bank claim center and they gave me the companies ### number. Like everyone else said, It disconnects before it can even ring.

is there ANYTHING we can do?? this can't be legal! ugh!

• Da
    dar Oct 23, 2008

go to the following website and scroll all the way down to the bottom to chat live its the same company thats how i cancelled mine. https://www.whiteteaacai.com

Brenda Oct 23, 2008

This isn't an ad, just a fellow consumer sharing . . . . A suggestion for all. I have a Citibank credit card that allows me to generate Virtual Card Numbers. They are one-time use only numbers. I never make an online purchase without using a virtual card number just so that I don't get trapped in their say-one-thing-do-another scams. The other great thing about a Virtual Number is that you can cancel the card number anytime before it is charged. I think it's a great safety feature.

Mary Greco Oct 23, 2008

Nothing is free folks - you need to read the fine print. I strongly suggest you do one of 2 things, which is what my bank recommended. Cancel the account the money is coming out of and open a new bank account. At most banks there is a form that you can fill out stating that you did not authorize the company to do pre-authorized bank withdrawals - so when they send in the request to withdraw money, the teller will see the note on the file and not allow the money to be removed from the new bank account. If your bank messes up and does not want to cooperate, change banks.

Protect yourself. Buy your prodects locally and stop getting scammed by internet offers. there are plenty of excellent products on the market at reasonable prices for long term wrinkle reduction. Stay out of the sun and you won't get wrinkles in the first place! lol Good Luck

Marilyn keffaber Oct 23, 2008

I too have the same problem. 44.95 from my account . and anothet 39.95 on the 20 oct. these people have to stop I am going to get a lawyer when he looks at all these e- mails, I am sure we have a case. When I investigated the sight again i discovered that on the page where we entered our card info.off to the side was a small block asking if i wanted to order the other products that i was charged for guess what it was already " checked yes in the blocks " I did"nt see the box when i gave the info. they check the box knowing not many people won't even notice it.

• Za
    zada Oct 24, 2008

Can anyone post a valid number to call to speak with a rep? I have tried like 25 numbers now that are all fake...

Also looking into a class action suit.

brenda Oct 27, 2008

i finally got threw and canncelled well c if i get charged...and i cant get the total cleans to answer anyone have a email for them

Sally Oct 27, 2008

Hello. So yes I too, fail for this SCAM! So after reading all of your comments I decided I needed to really cancel this product. So here is what I did for the Acai Berry Supreme and the Total Cleanse. I went to: www.whiteteaacai.com and in the bottom of the wepage there is a link for you to chat with a customer representative. I clicked and was put on hold for maybe like 20 minutes but then finally an "agent" named Tony started chatting with me and I was able to cancel the order. He told me that an email would be arriving shortly stating my order had been cancelled. I made sure I stayed with him long enough until I got the email. I finally did receive the email. So hopefully they do not charge me anymore.

Now for the Extreme Acaiberry, the [protected], always seemed to be busy and so I looked and looked and finally came across one of these comments from a lady who gave these numbers [protected]; disconnected, [protected]; disconnected, [protected]; disconnected, [protected]; on the phone with them on hold) I have been holding with elevator music for 14 minutes now but it's okay cause I have unlimited minutes and I can wait. I will wait as long as I have to, to get cancel my subscription. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

I will let you know what happens, if I am able to get through or not.

Sally Oct 27, 2008

Okay I finally go through after 20 minutes of being on hold. I spoke with Nelly who gave me a confirmation number. I asked her to email me the confirmation but she said she would have to talk to her supervisors because she didn't have that option. So hopefully they won't charge me. but yes i got through with this number [protected].

Good luck all of you!

• Li
    Lindsay Oct 27, 2008

I ordered my free trial last week on Tuesday. It's Monday and still no product. I then tried to call their customer service number and I get 1. disconnected 2. A recording saying, "The network is currently busy, please try again later..." 3. A busy tone, then disconnected. I contacted my credit card company and they did not charge my card yet (even though I did receive a confirmation email saying my order was placed). I cancelled that card (told the card company it was lost) so they could not charge it. Hopefully this is the end of my worries! This is a total scam! I have not read one good thing about this and wish I would have researched before I placed my "order".

• Di
    diane Oct 28, 2008

oh geez, how could I be so stupid~~I'm on hold right now, waiting to get a cancellation number and the RMA number they require to return this item, trying to cancel it before they even send it~~just spoke to a customer service rep who said they don't handle the Acai Berry Supreme~~so I called my bank, cancelled my check card, they say this company can't charge a closed account and they are sending me another card in 7-10 days~~whew, I just got lucky and hope you have the same luck~~wonder if the product will ever arrive and if I'll ever learn my lesson about ordering from this kind of company!

• Ke
    Kendra Hutchinson Oct 28, 2008

I called [protected] to cancel both Total Cleanse and Acai Berry, also I got through to someone on the live chat at the web address that is listed in one of the comments above. I think I will still cancel my bank card and request a new one so that they are unable to get any of my money...just in case! Good luck!

Joanne Oct 28, 2008

I just cancelled my order through the online chat function on www.whiteteaacai.com. I was on hold for about 40 minutes but they send a confirmation e-mail within the day and I printed the chat transcript just in case. The website link above is very helpful. Thank you to whoever posted it!

• Er
    Erica Oct 28, 2008

Hi, I am from Scotland and I ordered the acai berry on the 14th October and i still have not recieved this product and the number it gives me it just rings out! I dont know what to do can anyone suggest anything please?

• Er
    Erica Oct 28, 2008

I just went onto the website to cancel my order and they told me that i was not on their system although i have been charged for this!! and that they couldnt help me, looks like i need to phone the card company to get a refund!! i will not be using them again!!

• Pa
    paula Oct 28, 2008

i ordered acai berry supreme this morning and wish i had researched better before doing so after reading complaints here. i kept trying to contact them via their phone number - [protected] but it never rang through. i just kept pressing redial and finally got through but had to wait on hold for almost 30 minutes for a rep.

i told him that i changed my mind after researching their company a bit and wanted to cancel my order before it shipped. bob, the rep, said he would do that and send me a confirmation email but the 5.95 shipping would not be refunded.

i'm ok with that...at least i could cancel before unwanted shipments start arriving. now i just hope "bob" keeps his word that my order has been canceled.

does anyone know of a better company to purchase from?

• Ld
    LD Oct 28, 2008

I too have been scammed by this company and I am now suspicious that the phone numbers that we have all be trying and waiting on for long periods of time may have some exorbitant charges per minute.
    Has anyone seen anything of the sort on their phone bills?

• Li
    LISA Oct 29, 2008

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND CANCEL MY ACCOUNT/OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT SO THEY COULD NOT PROCESS ANY OTHER CHARGES. IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED THE ADDITIONAL $88 YOU AND DISPUTE IT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. THE NUMBER THAT THEY PROVIDE TO THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AS FAR AS BILLING IS ALSO DISCONNECTED!

sharon Oct 29, 2008

There seems to be several people that are thinking about a class action against this company. Has anyone made any progress or figured out how to do this? I fell for this scam too and have read several complains are very similar to what I have experinced and would like to do something to stop this from happening to others. To echo Shirley who wrote in 12 days ago, WHAT CAN WE DO??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices