Acai Berry Power 500Cancellation

L

I have ordered free trial and as soon as the order has been processed, the terms appeared saying that after 14 days i will be charged $89+. Which i have not authorised a direct debit for.

I have tried calling a few times but have been unable to get through.

I dont want to be charged $89+ and would like to cancel but seems as though i am backed to the corner with this one.

• Da
    Dana Tock Oct 14, 2008

After I received a sample of a product I ordered online called Acai Berry Power 500, (which I had to pick up at the post office the next day after the first delivery attempt since it was too large to fit through my business mail slot when my store was closed) the company included a note with the product which said that 14 days after my sample order had been placed, they would charge the amount for a 31 day supply (approximately $90) to my payment method and send me more product if I didnt cancel my order by phone. THAT MESSAGE WAS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ORDERING PROCESS I WENT THROUGH ONLINE. I tried AND TRIED to cancel the order SEVERAL TIMES by phone without success because the line was always either busy or if I did get through a recorded message always said the same thing "there's a wait time of approximately 23 minutes". I SMELLED THE STRONG STENCH OF A SCAM. I received my sample which was charged to my debit card in the amount of 3.95. Once I got the note that came with it, in addition to trying to contact the company by phone, I also tried finding a way to cancel the order online but there didn't seem to be any way to do that either. What I did find was their "Terms and Conditions" AFTER I had already placed the sample order.

I was able to FINALLY get through to their customer service department after 3 days of trying. The person I spoke with was attempting to talk me into allowing her to send me another bottle with another 14 day supply. I told her I wasn't interested in that because it was so difficult to get through to someone to cancel this order, so she did say she cancelled my order on my request and gave me a cancellation number. HOPEFULLY that is the end of this story. I don't know if the product even works or not because it was such a hassle and bad experience due to their bad business practices.

Jennifer Oct 15, 2008

The address listed for this company according to www.WhitePages.com belongs to a Subway Restaurant. I am on the phone right now with my credit card company trying to get them to help me. The customer service line for Acai is busy..go figure!

Deanna Oct 15, 2008

They will send you a free sample and then unable you to cancel. They will charge your credit card unless you cancel, oh yeah did I mention you can't cancel, they do not aswer the phone and there is no email address, no way to contact them. I called during the day and at night and was put on hold by a recording for 29 minutes and then they hung up. They will charge your credit card every 31 days $89.31 unless you cancel. Oh yeah you still can't cancel, there is no way to contact them. There is an 877 number but no one will answer. You only have 14 days to cancel, (from the date ordered) which it takes 12 days to get to you so good luck canceling within 14 days, because you can't and they've got your credit card number. Yes now I need to cancel my credit card to get away from this scam. It is a lot of trouble and a lot of stress just trying to do something good for your body. Do not order this or you will be in the same situation I'm in.

• Lu
    Lusine Oct 16, 2008

OMG i knowww.. can you please give me the number you called in with until you got a hold of them?

jean Oct 16, 2008

i'm in the same predicament. can anybody tell us how to cancel? please!

jenny Oct 17, 2008

strongly agree with you!!!
    They do have tems but it is stated small in size and I had to scrool down to the
    end which they state the most important things!

Not fair at all.

I called them early in the morning when the customer cervise should be starting,
    but they put me on hold..What is this?

I'd rather be fat if it is this hard
    I can't believe I was fooled by ASAI BERRY!
    I'd rather have BELLY seriously.

Jennifer Oct 17, 2008

I am literally sitting on the phone right now. The problem is they have already charged my account the 89.00 and it is going to send me into overdraft. I have been trying to call them to cancel this crap, but its either busy or the automated guy says to hold on and it just cuts out or you get the endless symphony. I tried looking online for a way to do it on here but, nada, zero, zip. I have called my bank and let them know about it. The weird thing is, I have only had this bottle in my possession for less than a week. It took them long enough to deliver and then they let you know two days after getting it the trial STARTS when you order it. wtf! So mad right now.

Karen Oct 20, 2008

Same thing is happening to me right now...except I am trying to call [protected] (that is what the rep gave me for a phone #. The line goes dead. So does the other phone # [protected]. Good luck...I don't know what to do. I have called my bank...It put me into overdraft also...but I got nailed with almost $200.00 in charges. BEWARE!

Karen Oct 20, 2008

I have Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bereau and they are following up on it for me. This is the best way to document this and help others in the future.

andrea n. Oct 20, 2008

I also have been having the same prob. I got it in the mail with the letter saying that they would charge me 14 days from the day it hit the bank. Once I got it it had already been 10 days that it had been in the bank. Today witch is the 12 day I had been calling them like CRAZY and not getting anyone or it hangs up on you!!! I got on the internet and tryed to see if there was any way else to cancle. I had NO luck but then I found this blog. I'm so glad to here that ya'll were having the same prob. (just knowing that I was not the only one not having luck). Today I prob. called them maybe 20 times and yeah it's NOT toll free! But got through almost 30mins after being on hold. Once I got on the phone with someone it was so loud in the background that you can't hear them, and then they complain that they can't hear you. When she give me the cancle number it was like 3 diff. people were talking to me all at one time (very hard to hear). I sure hope people read this before doing anything. I don't know about ya'll but I have not noticed a diff. ever since I started taking it. But I also did another free sample of a diff. acai berry and they have great customer service. I have not yet started taking this one yet so I don't know how it works but you can order it over the phone [protected] God luck everyone hope everything works out for all of us!

• Me
    Melissa M. Oct 21, 2008

I just received my trial bottle in the mail a few days ago and I am kinda skeptical to start taking it since there were no clear instructions on taking it. I mean I want to know what I can/can't eat while taking it, etc. I was shocked to come across these complaints while searching. The only thing I have noticed that was weird is that they say it is a 2 week trial supply, and you are supposed to take 2 pills before each meal, but there are only 15 pills. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but the bottle would almost be gone in 2 days if you ate 3 meals a day. I would just like to ask all of you why you are trying to cancel your orders? Did the product NOT work for you? I am fine with being automatically charged every month as long as the product works, I mean afterall, I knew it wasn't going to be free to continue with the program. Please help me clear this up! I was really excited to start losing 40 lbs. But, now I am second guessing.

• Nk
    n. kemble Oct 21, 2008

Ordered product, never receive it. Tried to contact company and was given # of [protected] however continues to be busy. I feel my credit card is in trouble because of this company will be billing for something that I never received and I can not get in touch with them.

Denise Oct 22, 2008

I ordered this on impulse when I got a "mommy you're getting fat"comment from my 6 year old. I was sort of distressed and didnt bother looking a the terms of service.

I ordered it about a week ago, tho I have not received my free trial, after the research and complaints I have read, I quickly called and cancelled my order. Like stated before, I have no problem paying the monthly fee for the program, but they are so hard to get ahold of, I find it hardly worth the hassle.

I did get ahold of them after trying about 10 different numbers and being on hold for about 20 min. She did offer another 14 day sample and a 7 day extension on it. I refused due to how hard it was to reach them, and made them aware of the complaints they were receiving and thats why I was cancelling. Also said after I tried my trial and if I liked it i would reactivate my account.

I hope it works, but quick fixes usually don't.

Hope everyone works out their issues with this company..

• Aa
    AA Oct 23, 2008

Can you please tell me all the numbers that you have tried to call to cancel the order?? I have tried [protected] number so many times. They were either busy or got into the automatic voice mail, but was not connected to the representative!! Which number did u try and was successful???
    Thanks.

Denise Oct 23, 2008

I don't remember what one of the two I got ahold of them with. I still have 2 numbers in my call log, so I imagine it's one of these two.

[protected] <- Pretty sure its this one tho.
    [protected]

Good luck, and be prepared to wait at the least 20 min.

• My
    Myar Oct 23, 2008

I'm so pist.. It's been the 4th day I'd tried calling them cause right after when I asked how much the diet pills are really on Answers!yahoo.com, they say that the company charges over 80 bucks a month. GOsH.. stupid customer service. This is crap. SERiously what number is to cancell this damn thing??? The only one I tried was [protected] and now they say that this number isn't unassign..

• My
    Myar Oct 23, 2008

the web site offer a trial of diet pills which are acai berry and it's only 3.95 for 14 days. What we might not have known was that after the 14th day, they automatically charge your credit card about 89 dollars monthly. I'd tried calling the number I'd gave above but the number is either un assign, doesn't work, or they want me to try again. I think that they just want our money. I'd also recently send them a letter and hopefully they call by the end of the month but I highly doubt it. If I known something was this bad, I'm never going to buy anything online. I looked up the area at mapquest.com and it seems to me as if the business is a home and not a building. Please help.

Sammi Oct 27, 2008

Well, i have yet to receive my order which was ordered almost a month ago and am a little annoyed about it. I will try to call again during business hours but after reading all of the complaints, am fearful that I will likely run into some problems. Will keep the blog apprised.

• Ra
    Rachel Lake Oct 27, 2008

I ordered this product at the beginning of this month, and it still has not come in. I finally started calling all these numbers and nothing, i finally got a hold of someone at [protected]. I was on hold for 30 minutes before anyone answered. The man tried extending my trail period because I had not recived my trail product. I would not, he gave me a cancelation number, and i am goin to keep it with my reciept that i printed off the day i had ordered this product. Trust me have I learned about watching what I order off the internet. I even called my bank to put a block on there, and they could not do it, they said if it does charge, I can dispute it. So hopefully everything is ok now!!!
    Good luck the number I called was [protected]. I took all day calling to get through without the line being busy.

Jade Oct 27, 2008

I decided to take a chance on a free trial offer for this Acai Berry Diet pill. I got the pills and looked at the little piece of paper that came in the package. It said that if I do not cancel within 14-days, I will be charged over 89 dollars a month.

I called the number immediately and it was busy the first 20 times I called. After finally getting through I was on hold for around 40min (I do not give up easily). Then some guy picked up and asked for my name and billing information. Before I could even finish giving my name and address, she said okay it is canceled. HE DID NOT EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT I WAS SAYING!!!How could he possibly have taking my card off. That was a complete scam and I am afraid my card will still be charged every month.

DO NOT TRY IT!!!

Jade

P.S. I think that what is in the bottle is children's chewable tylenol

• Fr
    freedom Oct 27, 2008

i on the phone as i scroll down and read all of this helpful feedback. i am not surprised, especially since the offer was too good to be true. i thought this might be slightly different, because of all of the hype and endorsements. anyways, i put the order in yesterday, searched for feedback and reviews this morning... and now i'm on the phone!

i'm never doing something like this online again. i'd rather go to a vitamin store or order directly from the vendor, over the phone.

i have twelve days left to cancel this unnecessary krap! and yes, obviously i have not received my free trial yet.

• El
    Elaine Oct 28, 2008

I have just received my product after over waiting over 2 weeks since ordering. That takes me clearly past the 14 days. I called the 1-877 number and got through after 20 minues of on hold. After giving the agent my name and info she starts telling me that they tried to charge my credit card $89 but it did not go through. Little did they know that I already cancelled my credit card to avoid their charges (thanks to this site and info). I cancelled and got a cancellation number. I hope this is truly the end to them.

• Sh
    Sharon Oct 28, 2008

Ordered the product 1st wk Sept, now last wk Oct.-no product. Spoke w/ a rep @ cust Serv approx 2 wks ago..."shipping product immediately...should recieve product in next 3-5 days". I demanded DO NOT BILL til I have rec'd product & able to test for 2 wks.
    NOW, Unable to get thru to Customer Service Dept & inquire abt product status.
    Guess I should have smelled a scam, after talking w/ Rep abt 2 wks ago...I just tend to have faith in people & think most ppl are honest. I must continue to try contact them.
    They dare bill my acct w/o my trying the product for a full 2 wks!!!
    Sighed
    A very Discouraged 'Potential' Consumer

• Kr
    Kristin Oct 29, 2008

OMG, I just speak to to representative person today. I cannot believe the way she has talked to me, so rule!!! Anyway, she gave me the cancellation number, and I don't know what to do next. Do I have to call them again? Because I have't receive my 14 days trial yet. Can anyone tell me what to do next? Thanks so much.

• Ci
    Cindy Rohlfing Oct 29, 2008

I was able to get thru to Acai Berry at the following number. [protected].
    Hope this helps.
    It has been about 2weeks and still no product.
    Customer Service Rep said to allow a few more days.

• Sc
    Scam Of Course Oct 31, 2008

This is an obvious scam people... and you have been tricked by these scam artists.

but here's what you do...

don't waste your time with calling this company and wasting 20 minutes on hold.

call your credit card company and do a charge back... each and every time they bill you.

the credit card company typically charges an 'administrative' fee so you not only get your money back but these bozos are out your money plus what the cc company charges

so if everyone calls and does a chargeback... guess what???

this bozo company will be out of biz because their merchant account will shut them down due to all the charge backs!!!

so people start doing massive charge backs!

matthew f brown Nov 03, 2008

I too have been duped by the nefarious practice of the ExtremeAcaiBerry people.I am trying to cancel but.there is no address to have recourse to nor does anyone answer the phone calls over the past 7 days.at the number indicated..What can be done? i shall stop payment of my card at my bank then go to BetterBusinessBureau then report this scam to the proper authorities.thise people must be caught and punished severely..DONT GET CAUGHT IN ANY ORDER MFB

• Ri
    richard barrett Nov 04, 2008

Not able to cancel product, they will not answer the phone.

• Am
    amethyst 3 Nov 05, 2008

I am going to do the charge back... I have $29.00 coming out of my account from Fit Factory -- for what I do not know, but I love the charge back idea and totally plan to do this. Thx for this advice. I "think" I have everything cancelled finally (fingers crossed) -- now to get the bank acct. cleared up. I will never be this stupid again about buying stuff. Good luck everyone.

Kay Nov 06, 2008

When you call the phone number, you are directed to a website which doesn't allow you to cancel.

They continue charging your card after sending a FREE sample.

• Ci
    Cindy Nov 06, 2008

If you want to get your money refunded then call [protected] between 8am - 9pm Mountain Standard time. I did and I got a refund and a comformation #.

• Sc
    scamy Nov 07, 2008

can someone please help me and give me a number to call to cancel this, if you call from your mobile number as i live in the uk, do i need to put anything in before i dial the number

• Cs
    cstmichell Nov 07, 2008

Okay...since I last posted I have FINALLY received my free trial of the Acai Berry (after I had already called to cancel the shipment). Then just a day or two ago I checked on my account and the Fit Factory did refund the $29.95. So, now the only thing that I am out is the $1.00 shipping fee. I have gotten my new Debit card in the mail after cancelling the other just in case they tried to charge more. Phew!!! I hope this all over and done with. I hope that all of you also receive all of your refunds and such. And...like many of you I will no longer be purchasing anything online unless I know for a fact that they are a reputable company. I chock this up as a big lesson learned. Good luck to all.

Angeka Nov 10, 2008

i ended up having to cancel my credit card. i tried to cancel my order but had no luck. never ordering offline again. im over it

• Ju
    Judith Johnston Nov 10, 2008

I would like to file a formal complaint against this company. Their actions constitue nothing less than fraud! The only phone number I could locate was the one showing up on my credit card statement -- I called numerous times and was unable to reach via phone. After consulting the online phone book, I located a different phone number cross referenced by the address. I was able to get through on this numer but it a Subway Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I was finally able to speak to a customer service representative at a phone number in Utah (this was the second charge for $89.31 - first charge was for $3.95) and she authorized a return the Davie, FL shipment address. I mailed the merchandise as instructed now I have received notification from the post office that my package was "undeliverable". Faudulent credit card charges, invalid phone numbers, Florida and Utah locations, and invalid address. I am filing a complaint with the State of Utah and the State of Florida in regard to this matter. BUYERS BEWARE!!!1

• Ca
    Carolyn Nov 10, 2008

I called this number [protected] to cancel my order with Acai Berry. I had to wait on hold for about 15 minutes but got through to an agent.

I told her I had been trying ever since my samle order came in and that it was very hard to get through to cancel. She apologized and said because of high requests for this item and cancellations this is why it took so long.

My acct was already charged 89.00 but she said that she cancelled my acct and gave me a confirmation number. So like all the rest of you hang on to the cancellation number note the date and time you called and whom you spoke too.

Good Luck. I certainly have learned a lesson from this.

• Co
    Colleen Nov 10, 2008

I have had the same experience as the complainants above. I had to also cancel my Credit Card. These People must be stopped. Sincerely Colleen Blofield

• Pe
    PENNY TRUDEAU Nov 11, 2008

I did not understand that you would have to take months of this stuff. I just wanted to try it but after having found out that it would keep coming, I have tried repeatedly to cancel my order. I have left messages of cancellation. Contacted the BBB and am waiting for a reply there. The other one that was with this Acai the Total Cleanse was very nice and they apologized and cancelled my order with no problem. I like the idea of cancelling the card. I am going to do just that.

Joyce Abel Nov 11, 2008

Ordered Acai Berry sample and did not receive. After
    seeing the complaints on this website on Extreme Acaiberry, I watched my credit card account. Here
    was a charge for $29.95 from Fit Fac.com. When I
    called FitFac they said there was an obligation
    when you order the free trial for them to charge
    $29.95 a month for membership. I never heard of
    such a thing or saw this when ordering. She is
    crediting my account(hopefully). This is a big scam as far as I am concerned. They keep your $3.95 and
    see ya. I am reporting this to proper authority.

• Mi
    Michele Nov 12, 2008

I am livid. Not only is there a charge for $29.99, but when I call I get no answer. I had to call my bank to get a phone number that worked. They are supposedly going to refund the $29.99, however they gave me another number to call to cancel the Acai Berry (which I never received)!! This is ridiculous. I would not even have ordered it had it not been a link on The Doctors website. UGH!