ABSA Private Security Provident Fundprovident fund

My name is Lloyd Oliver

I have been trying to get my provident fund from ABSA for over a month now. My ex-employer issued me with a number to call them. The number goes to a recording that says "Your call will be answered soon". This eats all my airtime & i have to reload airtime when i have money to try again. I have spent over R500 trying to call these people. They do not answer the phone. I have also driven R200 petrol out looking for the right branch in Western Cape for a face to face encounter. No luck whatsoever. I called the CCMA who reffered me to the Provident Fund Adjudicator. Guess what?! Their number does not exist anymore. I am now running out of airtime & i do not think it is fair that i should spend R500pm trying to contact ABSA for what is mine. It would help if there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe an answer on the other side of the phone call.

Am i ever gonna get this money? Why do i have no rights concerning this money that was deducted from my hard earned salary every month? I used to cringe when i saw my payslip deductions. What soothed me was the thought of the provident fund being saved up for me. Now?! Now what?!! I have left that company. I'm unemployed trying to start my own business & running out of funds & being robbed by ABSA. The worst part is that i have an ABSa Savings account. I'm closing it today. ABSA has become my nightmare. I will advise all companies who care about their employees to never use ABSA. They do not pay the provident funds back

Lloyd Denzil Oliver
[protected]

• We
    Weeland Aug 23, 2016

Just went into Pick n Pay at Lakefield Square Benoni, i tried to pay by Debit Card. It was declined, tried again DECLINED, went to the ABSA ATM tried to draw cash, declined, went to the Nedbank ATM, also declined. I left without my shopping, feeling EXTREAMLY embaressed, as i was treated like a criminal trying to buy shopping with no money. Get home and check my bank account and guess what R3153.00 has been deducted off my account including bank charges!!! I call the call center and they appologise and tell me that they are having a problem and my money will be reversed. I ask when...oh sorry i dont know, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. You have managed to take ALL my money out my account on a friday night, i dont have a cent to buy dinner for my family, plus i look like a total ***** at my local shop where i shop every day. Where is my money and when will i get it back. Thanks for totally messing up my weekend, you explain to my daughter where her dinner is!!!

• Do
    Dorothy Petersen Jul 27, 2016

The complaint is on behalf of my previous domestic worker who receives a gov grant of r1650. 00 per month. At an atm her card was stuck and she asked the enquiry clerk to stop her card upon which she was told to wait in the queue. When she was finally helped r600 was withdrawn from her account. She was also told that r300 will be deducted for arrear bank charges with her next grant deposit.

• Za
    zandri Jul 27, 2016

Hoe is dit dat absa bank op die einde van die maand net 2 kasieres het wat werk, en van waneer af kan iemand uit n ander gedeelte van die bank vir n klient se hy kan maar voor al die ander mense gaan indruk om gehelp te word, die kliente in die ry staan reeds vir ure in die ry om gehelp te word agv van die swak dienslewering, die is sommer snert en sal nie langer geduld word nie ek is self n jare lange rekening houer van absa, maar na die ongerieflike voorvalle het ek geen ander keuse as om my rek by absa te sluit nie.

Nomerine Jul 27, 2016

I have Absa accounts for 11years, and my business accounts for almost 3yrs. In this time, you can count on one hand the number of times my account went overdrawn. I am a good client (an ex-employee of absa as well), and I normally have between R40k - R60k passing through my account each month.

Yesterday I noticed that a client payment was late, and therefore my account was overdrawn. I phoned Absa Florida, left two messages for the Small business banker to call me, as there was money going into the account last night, and I wanted to inform Absa so that they didnt reverse the payments. No one bothered calling me, even to tell me I was overdrawn - I took the initiative! At the time i never knew who the banker was, they dont seem to last at that branch.I then noticed that, in the afternoon, my debit orders were reversed. tried to phone the bank again... NOTHING.

1of the furniture city debit orders went through the account and was reversed 3 times, totalling PENALTY FEES of R330 for that debit order alone! Money was in my account last night! Had they called, this could have been avoided. I refuse to pay the fees, as i feel I have not received service. Best part: still no call back!!

• Hi
    Himalla Jul 27, 2016

I am a Platinum client of ABSA, having been a customer of theirs for nearly 20 years now,

After spending 3 years working overseas I returned to SA (JHB) in July last year. Despite visiting my ABSA branch on 5 occasions since then to request a new personal banker - and despite the ABSA call centre calling me as recently as last month to asertain if I had any problems they could attend to, and then promising that 'someone' would call me to 'sort this out' - it is now almost 9 months since getting back and I still have no personal banker, cheque book or credit card with my bank!!! 9 months!!!

Joray Baptiste Jul 27, 2016

I'm a South African living abroad in the Caribbean who has not used my Absa account in three years I work on a cruise line and have been out of touch with my emails for a while. I've notice that I received emails from absa that that Direct insurance and Outsurance insurance companies have been taking money from my account . The best part about all of this is that I do not belong to either one of these insurance companies and they are taking huge amounts of money out of my account. I know that I have a investment policy with Absa and I can't remember how much money I invested and I don't know how to find out being on the other side of the world I don't do Internet banking and I would like to speak or correspond with someone to please give me some answer to where the money is coming from and how I can find out how much money I have in my South African bank account as I'm currently banking with Scotiabank in the Caribbean .

• Ro
    Rochelle Cumming-Smith Jul 22, 2016

I have been a client of ABSA Bank for many years now, and never in my entire life have I experienced so many problems. My mobile phone number had changed and did the necessary changes at the bank as well. Please note this was after standing in line for 45 min. (Possibly tea break, as only 2 "tellers" behind the counter) I was unable to online banking due customer service changing the details on their system but not notifying all the necessary parties. I called immediately, and was told to come in once again. I had to take time off work again, again stand in line for ages, once again requested the change, and guess what? Still no joy. This time I called and asked for a number at their H/O, but instead was put on hold and the Supervisor took the call. Sorry mam, please come in. BUT my transaction notification? All internet transactions - notification received. All ATM transactions? Nothing. I now cannot log into my account. On enquiring I was told that "Your pin has been revoked. You must have entered the incorrect pin more than 3 times." PLEASE I HAVE HAD THE SAME PIN EVER SINCE I'VE STARTED MAKING USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES. It has now come the point that I am closing my bank account with ABSA, as I have honestly had enough.

• Sw
    Swanellie Jul 22, 2016

We are a business that needs to make regular use of the Absa international banking centre. We are constantly struggling to get through to a representative. We need to clear the monies we receive from overseas regularly and obviously this needs to be done as quickly as possible. On average we hold for about an hour for every call! Then sometimes after holding for an hour we are cut off! And call back again. I think we all know how important it is for a business to function. And this causes a lot of problems regarding salaries and payments! This is unexeptable! This service is horrible. As a business we are considering banking with another bank.

• Ha
    hardyem Jul 22, 2016

I get emails every month from ABSA informing me that money has been paid to an insurance company. I do not bank with ABSA and have never heard of the insurance company. When I try to stop the order by clicking on the link I'm told that the link is unavailable. When I send an email to the person who sent me the payment advice I am told that the mail is returned to me due to postmaster delivery failure. I really dont now what to do or where to turn now.

• Co
    Comdrade Jul 22, 2016

My house was struck by lightning last night, and I have been trying to no avail to lodge my claim. ABSA insurance call centre [protected] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [protected] end_of_the_skype_highlighting do not answer their telephones. It seems as though ABSA Insurance saves money by not allowing people to register claims thus avoiding the payment of claims.

• Lu
    lucastsholofelo Jul 22, 2016

i made a loan at Absa bank and paid it in full. when im trying to make a loan at other bank they tell me am still owing Bsa bank a lot os money and it is showing on the scan so they cant aprove my loan. whan i visit the rusenburg branch wher i made the loan they say my account is closed which is nt i think the consultnt made a loan without me knowing and take my money my nombers are [protected]

• Ai
    Aileen de Beer Jul 22, 2016

We have done an application at the bank with Pieter Swarts 3 November 2011 for an increase on our debit order limit from R120 000 to R250 000 for the 1 Dec 2011 as our bus has grown and our debit run limit was to low for submission. we kept on phoning him and he had told us the offices moved thats why it was taking so long> eventally he phoned us on the 14 dec 2011 and told us it is preaproved and that we just need to sign a form and pay the amount of R13000 into the investment and then the same day they wil increase the limit. it was already too late which resulted in our business not submitting the extra debits and phoning the clients to come and pay. As we have been struggeling for 2 months to get hold of Him we have eventually found out he is not working there anymore and that an Erika is is in his place. We phoned her from Mon 13 Feb to try and speak to her but just dont seem to get hold of her. After leaving numerous messages we got hold of her Wed 15 Feb and asked her to process the limit increase. Now she is sick and not even the branch manager can help me and doest return my calls i need this by friday, are we going to lose money again? Urgently help its pathetic

• Di
    DisgruntledABSAclient Jul 22, 2016

Phoned the ABSA bank number given on our monthly loan statement to inquire about making an insurance claim, held for over 6 minutes, was told to phone a second number was on the phone for 17 minutes, spoke to 4 different operators, was asked to give the same information 4 different times only to be told that they couldn't access our policy number on THEIR particular system and so I would need to call yet a different number for the people who apparently can access policy numbers. Shocking waste of time and money.

• Ki
    Kio Jul 13, 2016

My brother and I had a pair of speakers that we wanted to sell. We agreed that my brother would advertise and sell the speaker on behalf of use both. The speakers was advertised and soon, numerous phonecalls were received. An agreement with a prospective buyer was reached that the speakers would be delivered as soon as the money was paid into my brother's account with ABSA.

My brother received a notification SMS from ABSA, confirming that the money had been paid into his account. DO NOTE, this message not stating the 'propsed' payment had a 10 day waiting validity period.

As ABSA notified us that the money had been 'paid' into my brother's account, we agreed that the so-called buyer could pick up the speakers.

Needless to say, 3 - 5 days after the speakers were collected by the buyer, the money that ABSA claimed that was paid into my brother's account had disappeared and ABSA claiming that the payment was cancelled without them ever noting that the payment to my brother's account was subject to cancellation.

How many poor people still need to lose money before ABSA can open their eyes and giving their customers the right support? Now we lost a lot of money.

• Gj
    GJ Swart Jun 15, 2016

I am sending you this email as I am totally disgusted by the unprofessional treatment and incompetent service received from Absa Insurance. I have submitted a claim on February 6, 2014 about my septic tank that collapsed. They sent some guy to come and investigate and what he wrote in his report was never revealed to me. To me he did not seem qualified and there is no way in the world that he or anybody could make a clear finding on why it happened and what caused it as the photo's sent will prove. I had to phone a few days later to find out that the claim was repudiated. If they were professional and competent, they would have sent me an email or phoned to notify me, in fact they have never reacted on any of my calls or emails or contacted me from their side. I then said to them that I doubt the qualifications of this guy they sent and it was suggested that I get a proper and qualified plumber that is used to working conditions in our area. The guy came around and also said that it was impossible to establish the cause and I sent his report through to Absa. I went through all the possible causes as stated in my insurance contract (1.4) that they probably used to repudiate my claim (without an assessor) and here are my answers:

1. I have never come across a septic tank system that was not designed to be outside
    2. If an assessor ever came, he must tell me how sand can contract or expand. It is not clay, we live at the coast.
    3. The underground water table has never been a problem here and if the assessor ever come, he should dig up the whole mess and establish or prove it.
    4. this is not a problem that happened over a period of time. On the Wednesday February 5, the garden services were here and mowed the lawn. Everything was fine and they agree to this and are willing to make a sworn statement. The next afternoon February 6, I walked around the house, saw was happened and took photo's which I have sent to Absa Insurance.

On Friday February 28, 2014 I spoke to a person of which the name I have, and he promised that he will get weather reports for that period and then he will decide. It is now Wednesday March 12, 2014 and I have heard nothing yet. Their service and attitude towards clients are pathetic. I think the personnel of Absa in this case never had the concern of me the customer in mind as the assessor that was promised never came and I was never contacted by them. Their decision in this matter is one sided as it was never investigated properly. A good investigation is probably too late now as I had to get people in to suck out the tank and it then completely caved in. I have also phoned the action line and reported the situation but nothing happened. Is there any person in ABSA who is not too high and mighty to respond and resolve my situation? On your resolution page you promise to reply within 3 days. Does these promises also apply to your insurance department?

I really hope to hear from you soon.

Comments

Jaco Viljoen May 17, 2016

after 3 weeks waiting for an answer on an powered pension fund home loan I been notify when I called to follow up that my process could not be done as absa do not have an agreement with my employer could no one phoned me? could no one assisted me at the start? Poor service and I will be moving all banking from ABSA ASAP

jagarz Jan 18, 2016

Good day,

Mr G. Ridgeway (ID Number [protected]) originally applied for his payout on 30 April 2015 then when following up in September 2015 he was told to redo his paperwork. He has followed up several times per week and keeps getting told that he must wait for the sms for his payment. No supervisor is ever available to talk to, to do follow up. He has been told his payment is just waiting to be transferred into his bank account for over two months according to the people he speaks to! The service delivery and feedback is terrible from them.Please can someone assist?? His mobile number is [protected]. Please something needs to be done now at this provident fund is not paying out and Mr G Ridgeway is dependant on this as at the moment he is going to be homeless soon.

• Tc
    tc tshabalala Jul 11, 2015

Hy I claimed for my provident fund last month with a group of my coleagues got retrench with but they all received sms that their claim are in prosses but I havnt received any sms my number is.is it possible or something went wrong with my application

• Ta
    Tazee Jul 01, 2015

I sibmitted my claim 31march 2015 they said i must wait for 8weeks then i waited but nothing, theni phoned absa offices they said i must wait another 2weeks again but still nothin i give them a call today they say their lines are off i must try them tomorrow it will be another story what i must do guyz

• Lo
    Loyiso Maurice Sondlo May 18, 2015

Hi my name is Loyiso Maurice Sondlo, I have worked for Enforce security group since 17 September 2003 till 31 August 2007 the Defensor Security group took over from 01 September 2007 till 31 December 2011 the company closed the Kimberley branch. In January 2012 I went to ABSA Kimberley branch to make a claim till today it has been 3 years I am still waiting for my Hard earned cash to be paid back to me. When I called the number given to me the machine will be on the pre-recorded voice till all my airtime is finished.

• Bh
    Bhekeni Enock Thanjekwayo Dec 03, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Enock Thanjekwayo ID [protected] I have the problem of my claim I did put it on 15 September 2014 until now I wasn't get anything I did try to phone the ABSA administrator they told me that they are waiting for company to pay when I phone the company HR they told me that they payed everything now I don't know whoes lying please I need help more information contact [protected]

Yours faithful
    BE Thanjekwayo

andre bengue Nov 21, 2014

I have two month trying to claim my provident fund but they re say the didn't receive my documents I have been sent 2 times my name is andre bengue

• Jt
    jt mudimba Nov 13, 2014

hi my name jose mudimba iwas working for 5 years at princeton security was dismissal l tray to claim my provident money they ask me to wait up to 10weeks after 10weeks they ask me towait for 2 weeks now they tell me ta again 10 weeks but i have 4 big childrens going to schools paying rent 3000rand per month no work for 5 months iwant the money as soon as possible to sold out my rent food and open small busness my cell number [protected]

johannes jacobus schroeder Nov 03, 2014

I have summited sevaeral times my aplication forms to absa provendend fund everytime it is been said they never reaived it who are they bluffing me or them selfs please I need answers asap

• Da
    DANIEL RAPHELA Sep 17, 2014

HI MY NAME IS DANIEL RAPHELA I DID CLAIMED MY PROFIDENT FUND BUT WITH NO LUCKY I DID NOT GET PAID SINSE SEPTEMBER 2010, BUT MY EX CO WORKERS DID GET PAID THEIR MONEY .I ALSO TRIED TO CALL AND LOG A QUEIRY BUT SOME OF CONSULTANTS SAID TO ME THAT CAUSE NOW I AM WORKING I CANT GET PAID THEY SAID MY CONTRIBUTIONS ARE STILL CONTINUING WITH MY CURRENT COMPANY I AM WORKING FOR.I AM AFRAID I WILL BE ROBBED MY PRIVIOUS CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THE PREVIOUS COMOPANY. MY NUMBER IS [protected] ID NO [protected].I JUST WANNA KNOW THAT IS IT TRUE THAT MY CONTRIBUTIONS WII BE PAID ONCE WITH MY CURRENT COMPANY THE DAY I CLAIM?

• Pa
    papzen_deluxe Aug 22, 2014

Good people of Absa holdings, what take you so long to pay my provident fund ?? On the first place when you draft your business plan you indicated the disadvantages and advantages of what you'll be dealing with, so now its time to deal with disadvantages, so please pay my fund as I personally submitted my claim at Metropolitan in Jozi. So must I grab a taxi to go make inquiries personally, with what cause you got my money there.. Please follow up for me cause this is the fifth month now still waiting for my fund, unless this will involve the third party organization...

Names; Ntsane M
    Identity; [protected]
    Contact; [protected]
    E-mail; [email protected]

• Kh
    Khosana isaac ngongo Jul 12, 2014

My name is isaac ngongo from cape town in hermanus i did submit my claim in 2013 february but still i did get money when i go to absa they give me phone bt no one answer i need help my no [protected] and id no [protected]

• Ca
    Candes hugh May 13, 2014

Have any of u guys tried old Mutual i also got a new job and asked for my provident fund i am in Port Elizabeth and my ex-job head office is in Pretoria and they told me to go Old mutaul with id book and at least two pay slips.But i never got a chance to go due to my hours at new job but i am going Friday will let u guys no if i came right because this security companies are so crooks with our money

• Tu
    tumelo mogomotsi Mar 31, 2014

my name is lloyd i am having the same problem with Absa for not paying my money ...PLEASE guys help ...ABSA is robbing guys

• Gr
    GregoryP Dec 19, 2013

On 19 December 2013 I informed the Branch Manager that one off her staff member Mr Sebastian Johnson borrowed R9 000.00 from me and refuses to pay it back. Mr Johnson is under Absa Debt Consolidation and is not allowed to make any further loans. I asked Mrs Venter for her assistance on this matter on where I can lay I complaint, she read my message and just ignored it. She did not come back to me on this matter.
    I feel that what Mr Johnson is doing is a serious offence because I am a Absa customer and he did not keep his word and I trusted him because he is a Trainee Manager at Stella Branch.

I want to lay a complaint again Mr Johnson and Mrs Venter for their unproffesional manner in handling this matter.
    Kind Regards

• Bc
    b.c.bent Dec 10, 2013

hi I just would like to know if I resign and move over to another security company do I get all my provident fund or does everything goes over to the new company plse I really would like to know

• Wc
    WCDS Sep 21, 2013

Good day All! Please refer to my post dated 19 September 2013. Just want to thank Kabelo from ABSA for great service!!! My money was in my bank account yesterday 20 September 2013!!! I don't know if you guys got the correct telephone number but if not this is the number [protected] All of the best to you!

• Wc
    WCDS Sep 19, 2013

Hi guys, I have faxed my claim on 12 September 2013, phone them on 16 September and the guy on the other side promised me my money will be in my bank account within 10 days in other words Friday 27 September. I am not an ABSA client. Will keep you updated next week Friday :-)

masina Jul 17, 2013

Hi : its patrick bafana masinaI like to check for my provident fund my I'd nr [protected] I was working at fidelity sucurity services my email : [email protected] my cell nr [protected] in east rand gauteng I like to know about my fund please let me know cos there 121 fox there is no help

• It
    Itimeleng Makgetla Jul 03, 2013

Hi my name is Itumeleleng Makgetla I have been trying to claim my provident fund money since 2010 an to this day i have not received it. Every time I call the they tell me different stories. How our we supposed to trust them with our money if they failling to out our investments? pls guys if there is any one out there how has a solution to our problem pls feel free to contact me.[protected] We are tired of being robbed by ABSA

MATTHEWS HLALELE Apr 05, 2013

im very unhappy with hte treatment i got from customer service which i did experince these morning from these numbers [protected].i wait for more than 15mnts on the phone without any help, R45 OF MY AIR TIME WENT FOR NOTHING, can any [email protected] who's working with these kind of issues i have call me on [protected], my ref for my complain is 936116.im unhappy with these security company who enjoy robbing poor class.the security company is ISIDINGO SECURITY

Mahlohlomani William Chauke Apr 03, 2013

My name is Mahlohlomani WilIiam Chauke ID NO [protected], tel NO [protected] alternate NO [protected], I have the same problem as everyone else. I also submitted my application on the 4th of september 2012 they told me the money will be paid within the period of 6 months counting from the claim date, it has not been done still waiting ( for how long?).thank U

• Kh
    khayacool Mar 25, 2013

I was working for isidingo security in bloemfontein&my contract was terminated on the 16/11/2012.i ve been struggling in other to put my claim through as the people who are working @ absa it looks like they dont have an idea about what im talking about.can someone please tel me what must i do cos my kids are now suffering&it makes me an aloser husband, and waiting period is how long? thank you

• Staggie Feb 18, 2013

I just like to now what is the waiting period for the provident before you can received your money/payments.

machaka manthule Feb 01, 2013

We are University of Limpopo Campus law Clinic, we represent Lina selaelo Mothapo who is te executor of her late husband Ramatsi Andries who died in 2008-12-18, ID7602265513081.We would like to find out as of urgency when monies due and owing will be paid out to her .Claim pending since 03 September 2010.
    Treat this as urgent plaese, the same you would if this money was due and owing to you .
    We need an indication of the statius of this claim, settled or usettled as well as reasons.
    regards