Menu

ABSA Bank review: provident fund

Author of the complaint
9:28 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Lloyd Oliver

I have been trying to get my provident fund from ABSA for over a month now. My ex-employer issued me with a number to call them. The number goes to a recording that says "Your call will be answered soon". This eats all my airtime & i have to reload airtime when i have money to try again. I have spent over R500 trying to call these people. They do not answer the phone. I have also driven R200 petrol out looking for the right branch in Western Cape for a face to face encounter. No luck whatsoever. I called the CCMA who reffered me to the Provident Fund Adjudicator. Guess what?! Their number does not exist anymore. I am now running out of airtime & i do not think it is fair that i should spend R500pm trying to contact ABSA for what is mine. It would help if there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe an answer on the other side of the phone call.

Am i ever gonna get this money? Why do i have no rights concerning this money that was deducted from my hard earned salary every month? I used to cringe when i saw my payslip deductions. What soothed me was the thought of the provident fund being saved up for me. Now?! Now what?! I have left that company. I'm unemployed trying to start my own business & running out of funds & being robbed by ABSA. The worst part is that i have an ABSa Savings account. I'm closing it today. ABSA has become my nightmare. I will advise all companies who care about their employees to never use ABSA. They do not pay the provident funds back

Lloyd Denzil Oliver

ABSA Bank - claims
69 comments
I
Apr 08, 2011 9:56 am EDT

I sent a friend to Absa Bank Joubertina branch to cash a cheque which was made out to me. The "or bearer" on the cheque was NOT deleted which, in my opinion, means that the bearer of the cheque is entitled to receive the cash. The branch manageress argued rudely with me and insisted I visited the bank in person to cash the cheque. Am I wrong here or are the staff just making their own rules?

Aug 17, 2011 11:20 am EDT

ABSA require mandatory Credit Life Policy for home loans to be granted, when getting quotes on Life Policies. We get the following:
for exactly the same criteria:
Life insurance quotes:

1lifedirect =R153.21
1st for women =R156.27
Resolution =R69.22
Hollard =R72.18

Therefore it is impossible to get a home loan without being subjected to gender discrimination. Where men are penalized for being male.

R
Jan 26, 2011 4:06 pm EST

I was employed by Absa Bank for 15years and unfortunately got affected by the retrenchment in 2008. I managed to pay my bond account for the entire 2009 being unemployed but my reserves are now finished. I contacted Absa Home loans and explained my situation, thinking that I have a credit cover on my bond and was suprised that there isn't any. I am concerned and do not understand how could my bond be approved without any cover. What will happen, should I pass on? I know Absa will harass my wife and eventually repossess my property and leave my Family in the street, and resell the house and move on with their business. Surely NCA doesn't allow this.

Jan 20, 2011 4:42 pm EST

ABSA, your service is shocking. I opened a savings account for my daughter in 2004. I have been making electronic transfers into the account on a monthly basis. I have never received any statements for this account. I have made no cash withdrawals from this account. On 4 January 2010 I asked for a statement. The balance was almost zero. The money has been drawn from the account. I have the card in the safe with me at home. My daughter is only 6 years old, we have not used the card once. After 6 weeks of frustration and trying to deal with ABSA, I was told that it is not at their fault that the money has been withdrawn. Lebo from ABSA head office, that was the investigator, was extremely rude, not helpful at all and had an attitude and note and tried to tell me how to do my banking. some withdrawals were made in Tembisa and Daveyton (where I would not go at all). I was working in Midrand at the time and some transactions were made in Kempton Park, how can I drive during my working hours to draw R50 on the other side of town. Your service is a shocker and I am closing all my accounts with ABSA. Do not open accounts with ABSA. they loose your money. !

Sep 27, 2010 10:49 am EDT

I use my Absa Credit Card extensively. I was sort of happy with the Rewards program that was offered free as part of my package (Platinum Customer). I have now realised that this has been discontinued with no (or very low key) announcement. I can now subscribe for an additional fee of about R20 for the new Awards program. While I am sure that Absa can do this legally and have all the rights as is probably documented in the fine print, this is an indication of a high-handed, unethical approach that is just not acceptable.

I have been sold something as part of a package that has now been removed unilateraly. I can now sign up for a service (that I used to have) for an additional fee. The benefits that I accrued over years and had a specific target in mind, I must now exchange for goods that I don't want within a limited timeframe. This is a business decision that says everything about how much the bank care about me as customer.

Rewards programs are designed to change behaviour. Well designed Reward programs entice consumers to use their credit cards more. Just watch how my Absa card usage is going to drop now.

Aug 24, 2010 6:57 am EDT

Please advise we were in the branch a few weeks ago to follow up on closing our account only to discover that we are in arrears.

We have been paying our loan account cash as we made the arrangement over 2years only to find that they are still running through debit orders on the savings account running up the bank costs.

I can assure you now that we will not be paying this amount and want this account closed, how can you take debit orders from an account that you can see is running dormant and now we cannot close it due to the incompetence of your staff.

W
Aug 23, 2016 2:43 am EDT

Just went into Pick n Pay at Lakefield Square Benoni, i tried to pay by Debit Card. It was declined, tried again DECLINED, went to the ABSA ATM tried to draw cash, declined, went to the Nedbank ATM, also declined. I left without my shopping, feeling EXTREAMLY embaressed, as i was treated like a criminal trying to buy shopping with no money. Get home and check my bank account and guess what R3153.00 has been deducted off my account including bank charges! I call the call center and they appologise and tell me that they are having a problem and my money will be reversed. I ask when...oh sorry i dont know, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. You have managed to take ALL my money out my account on a friday night, i dont have a cent to buy dinner for my family, plus i look like a total ***** at my local shop where i shop every day. Where is my money and when will i get it back. Thanks for totally messing up my weekend, you explain to my daughter where her dinner is!

H
Jul 27, 2016 5:24 am EDT

I am a Platinum client of ABSA, having been a customer of theirs for nearly 20 years now,

After spending 3 years working overseas I returned to SA (JHB) in July last year. Despite visiting my ABSA branch on 5 occasions since then to request a new personal banker - and despite the ABSA call centre calling me as recently as last month to asertain if I had any problems they could attend to, and then promising that 'someone' would call me to 'sort this out' - it is now almost 9 months since getting back and I still have no personal banker, cheque book or credit card with my bank! 9 months!

N
Jul 27, 2016 5:24 am EDT

I have Absa accounts for 11years, and my business accounts for almost 3yrs. In this time, you can count on one hand the number of times my account went overdrawn. I am a good client (an ex-employee of absa as well), and I normally have between R40k - R60k passing through my account each month.

Yesterday I noticed that a client payment was late, and therefore my account was overdrawn. I phoned Absa Florida, left two messages for the Small business banker to call me, as there was money going into the account last night, and I wanted to inform Absa so that they didnt reverse the payments. No one bothered calling me, even to tell me I was overdrawn - I took the initiative! At the time i never knew who the banker was, they dont seem to last at that branch.I then noticed that, in the afternoon, my debit orders were reversed. tried to phone the bank again... NOTHING.

1of the furniture city debit orders went through the account and was reversed 3 times, totalling PENALTY FEES of R330 for that debit order alone! Money was in my account last night! Had they called, this could have been avoided. I refuse to pay the fees, as i feel I have not received service. Best part: still no call back!

Z
Jul 27, 2016 5:24 am EDT

Hoe is dit dat absa bank op die einde van die maand net 2 kasieres het wat werk, en van waneer af kan iemand uit n ander gedeelte van die bank vir n klient se hy kan maar voor al die ander mense gaan indruk om gehelp te word, die kliente in die ry staan reeds vir ure in die ry om gehelp te word agv van die swak dienslewering, die is sommer snert en sal nie langer geduld word nie ek is self n jare lange rekening houer van absa, maar na die ongerieflike voorvalle het ek geen ander keuse as om my rek by absa te sluit nie.

D
Jul 27, 2016 5:24 am EDT

The complaint is on behalf of my previous domestic worker who receives a gov grant of r1650. 00 per month. At an atm her card was stuck and she asked the enquiry clerk to stop her card upon which she was told to wait in the queue. When she was finally helped r600 was withdrawn from her account. She was also told that r300 will be deducted for arrear bank charges with her next grant deposit.

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm a South African living abroad in the Caribbean who has not used my Absa account in three years I work on a cruise line and have been out of touch with my emails for a while. I've notice that I received emails from absa that that Direct insurance and Outsurance insurance companies have been taking money from my account . The best part about all of this is that I do not belong to either one of these insurance companies and they are taking huge amounts of money out of my account. I know that I have a investment policy with Absa and I can't remember how much money I invested and I don't know how to find out being on the other side of the world I don't do Internet banking and I would like to speak or correspond with someone to please give me some answer to where the money is coming from and how I can find out how much money I have in my South African bank account as I'm currently banking with Scotiabank in the Caribbean .

R
Jul 22, 2016 7:47 am EDT

I have been a client of ABSA Bank for many years now, and never in my entire life have I experienced so many problems. My mobile phone number had changed and did the necessary changes at the bank as well. Please note this was after standing in line for 45 min. (Possibly tea break, as only 2 "tellers" behind the counter) I was unable to online banking due customer service changing the details on their system but not notifying all the necessary parties. I called immediately, and was told to come in once again. I had to take time off work again, again stand in line for ages, once again requested the change, and guess what? Still no joy. This time I called and asked for a number at their H/O, but instead was put on hold and the Supervisor took the call. Sorry mam, please come in. BUT my transaction notification? All internet transactions - notification received. All ATM transactions? Nothing. I now cannot log into my account. On enquiring I was told that "Your pin has been revoked. You must have entered the incorrect pin more than 3 times." PLEASE I HAVE HAD THE SAME PIN EVER SINCE I'VE STARTED MAKING USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES. It has now come the point that I am closing my bank account with ABSA, as I have honestly had enough.

C
Jul 22, 2016 6:15 am EDT

My house was struck by lightning last night, and I have been trying to no avail to lodge my claim. ABSA insurance call centre [protected] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [protected] end_of_the_skype_highlighting do not answer their telephones. It seems as though ABSA Insurance saves money by not allowing people to register claims thus avoiding the payment of claims.

H
Jul 22, 2016 6:15 am EDT

I get emails every month from ABSA informing me that money has been paid to an insurance company. I do not bank with ABSA and have never heard of the insurance company. When I try to stop the order by clicking on the link I'm told that the link is unavailable. When I send an email to the person who sent me the payment advice I am told that the mail is returned to me due to postmaster delivery failure. I really dont now what to do or where to turn now.

S
Jul 22, 2016 6:15 am EDT

We are a business that needs to make regular use of the Absa international banking centre. We are constantly struggling to get through to a representative. We need to clear the monies we receive from overseas regularly and obviously this needs to be done as quickly as possible. On average we hold for about an hour for every call! Then sometimes after holding for an hour we are cut off! And call back again. I think we all know how important it is for a business to function. And this causes a lot of problems regarding salaries and payments! This is unexeptable! This service is horrible. As a business we are considering banking with another bank.

Jul 22, 2016 6:15 am EDT

We have done an application at the bank with Pieter Swarts 3 November 2011 for an increase on our debit order limit from R120 000 to R250 000 for the 1 Dec 2011 as our bus has grown and our debit run limit was to low for submission. we kept on phoning him and he had told us the offices moved thats why it was taking so long> eventally he phoned us on the 14 dec 2011 and told us it is preaproved and that we just need to sign a form and pay the amount of R13000 into the investment and then the same day they wil increase the limit. it was already too late which resulted in our business not submitting the extra debits and phoning the clients to come and pay. As we have been struggeling for 2 months to get hold of Him we have eventually found out he is not working there anymore and that an Erika is is in his place. We phoned her from Mon 13 Feb to try and speak to her but just dont seem to get hold of her. After leaving numerous messages we got hold of her Wed 15 Feb and asked her to process the limit increase. Now she is sick and not even the branch manager can help me and doest return my calls i need this by friday, are we going to lose money again? Urgently help its pathetic

Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i made a loan at Absa bank and paid it in full. when im trying to make a loan at other bank they tell me am still owing Bsa bank a lot os money and it is showing on the scan so they cant aprove my loan. whan i visit the rusenburg branch wher i made the loan they say my account is closed which is nt i think the consultnt made a loan without me knowing and take my money my nombers are [protected]

D
Jul 22, 2016 6:07 am EDT

Phoned the ABSA bank number given on our monthly loan statement to inquire about making an insurance claim, held for over 6 minutes, was told to phone a second number was on the phone for 17 minutes, spoke to 4 different operators, was asked to give the same information 4 different times only to be told that they couldn't access our policy number on THEIR particular system and so I would need to call yet a different number for the people who apparently can access policy numbers. Shocking waste of time and money.

K
Jul 13, 2016 1:56 am EDT

My brother and I had a pair of speakers that we wanted to sell. We agreed that my brother would advertise and sell the speaker on behalf of use both. The speakers was advertised and soon, numerous phonecalls were received. An agreement with a prospective buyer was reached that the speakers would be delivered as soon as the money was paid into my brother's account with ABSA.

My brother received a notification SMS from ABSA, confirming that the money had been paid into his account. DO NOTE, this message not stating the 'propsed' payment had a 10 day waiting validity period.

As ABSA notified us that the money had been 'paid' into my brother's account, we agreed that the so-called buyer could pick up the speakers.

Needless to say, 3 - 5 days after the speakers were collected by the buyer, the money that ABSA claimed that was paid into my brother's account had disappeared and ABSA claiming that the payment was cancelled without them ever noting that the payment to my brother's account was subject to cancellation.

How many poor people still need to lose money before ABSA can open their eyes and giving their customers the right support? Now we lost a lot of money.

G
Jun 15, 2016 3:37 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am sending you this email as I am totally disgusted by the unprofessional treatment and incompetent service received from Absa Insurance. I have submitted a claim on February 6, 2014 about my septic tank that collapsed. They sent some guy to come and investigate and what he wrote in his report was never revealed to me. To me he did not seem qualified and there is no way in the world that he or anybody could make a clear finding on why it happened and what caused it as the photo's sent will prove. I had to phone a few days later to find out that the claim was repudiated. If they were professional and competent, they would have sent me an email or phoned to notify me, in fact they have never reacted on any of my calls or emails or contacted me from their side. I then said to them that I doubt the qualifications of this guy they sent and it was suggested that I get a proper and qualified plumber that is used to working conditions in our area. The guy came around and also said that it was impossible to establish the cause and I sent his report through to Absa. I went through all the possible causes as stated in my insurance contract (1.4) that they probably used to repudiate my claim (without an assessor) and here are my answers:

1. I have never come across a septic tank system that was not designed to be outside
2. If an assessor ever came, he must tell me how sand can contract or expand. It is not clay, we live at the coast.
3. The underground water table has never been a problem here and if the assessor ever come, he should dig up the whole mess and establish or prove it.
4. this is not a problem that happened over a period of time. On the Wednesday February 5, the garden services were here and mowed the lawn. Everything was fine and they agree to this and are willing to make a sworn statement. The next afternoon February 6, I walked around the house, saw was happened and took photo's which I have sent to Absa Insurance.

On Friday February 28, 2014 I spoke to a person of which the name I have, and he promised that he will get weather reports for that period and then he will decide. It is now Wednesday March 12, 2014 and I have heard nothing yet. Their service and attitude towards clients are pathetic. I think the personnel of Absa in this case never had the concern of me the customer in mind as the assessor that was promised never came and I was never contacted by them. Their decision in this matter is one sided as it was never investigated properly. A good investigation is probably too late now as I had to get people in to suck out the tank and it then completely caved in. I have also phoned the action line and reported the situation but nothing happened. Is there any person in ABSA who is not too high and mighty to respond and resolve my situation? On your resolution page you promise to reply within 3 days. Does these promises also apply to your insurance department?

I really hope to hear from you soon.

View 0 more photos
Oct 01, 2010 7:00 am EDT

After applying for a further bond from FNB, which is denied because of an arrears account with ABSA. No ways I say. I phone ABSA, one person refers me to another, go into my branch, who tells me I should phone so and so. Hell, I must go home and sort out at my cost ABSA's balls- up, running up telephone costs. Eventually get to talk to sombody who confirms I am correct, but this and this is not right and they want to listen to the alledged recordings for confirmation. I am even told that I did not make a payment in August while holding the said proof of payment in my hand. One day later I'm phoned to tell me that ABSA has only started with recordings 2 weeks ago, WHAT only now, 4 months after the alledged phone call. ABSA you and your staff are incompetant and owe me money for calls and administration that you should of done. ABSA you have got too big and are now lacking that personal service. I believe after all the ***, I've had over the last 4 years with ABSA, I am owed a medal or at least some type of compensation.

May 17, 2016 3:35 am EDT

after 3 weeks waiting for an answer on an powered pension fund home loan I been notify when I called to follow up that my process could not be done as absa do not have an agreement with my employer could no one phoned me? could no one assisted me at the start? Poor service and I will be moving all banking from ABSA ASAP

K
Feb 08, 2011 7:32 pm EST

Where do I start with expressing my utter frustration and disappointment with ABSA Insurance. We had a serious water leak which was eventually repaired, however the wall which was broken while repairing the leak is still to be repaired and I was advised today, 3 weeks after and countless unreturned calls to the claims office that they had advised a company to come and repair the wall. A week later my jaccuzzi switch box was smoking and fortunately I was walking past it and noticed the smoke so immediately switched it off. However the motor had stopped running long before and due to no water circulating, the heater had overheated and melted the pipes around the jaccuzzi. If I hadn't switched it off, it most probably would have caught fire and burnt not only the jaccuzi, but possibly the whole house. Due to limited space allowed on this page, the end result is after countless calls and no responses ABSA refused the claim because there were no FLAMES. Because I was a good guardian of my property and switched everything off to prevent the flames burning my house down, I am being penalized and my claim rejected.

Nov 12, 2010 11:09 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I called absa credit card some time back and enquired about the debit on my account that i did not understand. i was told its for insurence should i loose my job. now I am not working and i have been sent from pillar to post when trying to claim. the call center advised me to send an application letter and supporting documents of which i did and now i am still waiting for their response. whilst still waiting for their response i had several calls from call center and today from legal saying that i must pay or face being black listed. i called the claims dep and holded for 20 min being transferd and my airtime got finished...

i feel mislead by absa hence i dont recall applying for this policy and i was misinformed that it will assist me should i loose my job. now absa again told me that the insurence company could be delaying the process hoping that i get a job before they would have to pay out. this is poor service from absa and they are i feel that i have been tricked to pay extra cost just for their business. i asked for a copy of my insurence contract, till today. they are all passing the buck on my policy yet they want me to pay... this is horrable! [protected]

N
Sep 10, 2010 7:12 am EDT

I have notify me on my mobile alerting me when a transaction goes through my bank account. On Thursday I received a sms from ABSA - it was a transaction not done by me and it looks highly suspect. I am in the UK at the moment. I immediately went onto the internet, onto the ABSA website, taking the 'contact us' link. I explained my concern about what is happening in my account, informing them my mobile is currently sms enabled only, and sending them the UK mobile number I am using whilst over here. I did not even get a standard reply from ABSA.
On Friday I logged in to internet banking, and again sent a message via the 'contact us' link. Again - no response from ABSA at all.

This is a great concern to me - I need to get contacted by a responsible, informed person as soon as possible, either via my e-mail address or on my mobile. I am quite prepared to phone, but phoning from here is costly, so I cannot afford to be sent from the one person to the next - so if ABSA is not prepared to phone me, I need the name of the right person to speak to.

Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am EDT

I am one of the many ABSA clients to have fallen victim to the phishing ***. Once I became aware of the theft, I contacted them immediately and launched an investigation. Over the next 5 weeks I regularly phoned different authorities within the ABSA organisation to find out what was happening and where I stood.

As a client of ABSA, it is fundamental that I constantly be kept informed of the progress of the investigation. Not only was I never ONCE contacted by ABSA in this regard but they did not even BOTHER to inform me of the outcome of the investigation once THEY deemed it closed. Not surprisingly they decided the outcome of the investigation in their favour.

Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm EST

I am trying to assist one of my clients, who does not speak English, to resolve a query with ABSA. I have tried for fifteen minutes to get through to Michael or Linda but the phone simply rings. On my third attempt, a very rude .woman who did not give her name(she hung up when I asked for it), basically told me I was lying about Michael and Linda's phones just ringing because she caould see on her system that their lines were engaged. She then told me that Michael's line had become available and tried to put me through. The phone just rang.I got back to this person, who said, after I had told her that Michael's phone was just ringing, that 'we can't see them because we are on the second floor'. Even though I had initially asked her repatedly to take a message, she kept interrupting and insisting on arguing and (trying) to put me through to Michael. Only right at the end did she offer to take a message, only because she had decided at that time that this was a good idea.

The client is still waiting for his phone call. I also do not understand why he does not appear to have been properly informed in terms of FAIS before opening the account.

Oct 13, 2010 1:54 pm EDT

I am currently unemployed and do not receive an income. At the end of last month (October) I tried to stop the debit orders via the website, but it appears that it did not work. Now I am sitting with bank charges of over R 1300 which will be taken off a cheque that was deposited for me. At R124 for a debit order of R150, it seems a bit steep. No wonder ABSA was the biggest one to complain about the Competition Commissions report that was leaked! On top of that, I bet there is a charge of R124 for the non-payment of the internet banking fees as well, even though it is not a debit order!

The time has now come that I look at keeping MY money in the safe or a different bank, like so many of the 'unbanked' out there.

S
Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm EDT

I contacted the credit card call centre (Wednesday) to ensure that all was in order & that my payment was received.I was helped by a very professional lady who confirm what is available on budget & straight.I could not make us of my credit card on Monday & called once again.The lady confirmed that a small amount was short paid. She explained that I called before the statement closed & the consultant would not see this on the system.I then promptly paid this small amount.Today I called again to transfer funds from my budget to straight & told basically that I am penalised for late payment (someting to that effect). I am extremely annoyed! I asked to speak to a supervisor but was on hold for too long. I am inconvenienced because of ABSA's system which does not allow their consultants to see the history of their clients accounts.This could been avoided! & once again I am inconvenienced & have to complain on this site again! I am proud to say that my accounts are always paid & feel livid that now I have a 'reading' on my name which is not my fault.I request that someone please assist, I need to transfer these funds!

G
Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am EST

On 19 December 2013 I informed the Branch Manager that one off her staff member Mr Sebastian Johnson borrowed R9 000.00 from me and refuses to pay it back. Mr Johnson is under Absa Debt Consolidation and is not allowed to make any further loans. I asked Mrs Venter for her assistance on this matter on where I can lay I complaint, she read my message and just ignored it. She did not come back to me on this matter.
I feel that what Mr Johnson is doing is a serious offence because I am a Absa customer and he did not keep his word and I trusted him because he is a Trainee Manager at Stella Branch.

I want to lay a complaint again Mr Johnson and Mrs Venter for their unproffesional manner in handling this matter.
Kind Regards

V
Sep 01, 2010 10:37 am EDT

The bank manager couldn't answer me about how was I going to find out. 1. If I've applied for both loans(personal loan and mortgage bond access loan). 2. On which account was the money deposited and supply documents(at that time my salary was being eposited at absa) for both loans. The activities on all my accounts at that time of applying for loan. I ended up refering this matter to legalwise and the legal advisor told me she couldn't get any co operation from absa. She said she was being sent from pillar to post with no clear answers. My mortage has gone up because of this and I'm paying for money I've never received of which not even the bank manager can explain the transaction that reflects on the statement. How is that possible?

Jan 18, 2016 11:23 pm EST

Good day,

Mr G. Ridgeway (ID Number [protected]) originally applied for his payout on 30 April 2015 then when following up in September 2015 he was told to redo his paperwork. He has followed up several times per week and keeps getting told that he must wait for the sms for his payment. No supervisor is ever available to talk to, to do follow up. He has been told his payment is just waiting to be transferred into his bank account for over two months according to the people he speaks to! The service delivery and feedback is terrible from them.Please can someone assist? His mobile number is [protected]. Please something needs to be done now at this provident fund is not paying out and Mr G Ridgeway is dependant on this as at the moment he is going to be homeless soon.

Jul 11, 2015 3:39 am EDT

Hy I claimed for my provident fund last month with a group of my coleagues got retrench with but they all received sms that their claim are in prosses but I havnt received any sms my number is.is it possible or something went wrong with my application

Jul 01, 2015 8:19 am EDT

I sibmitted my claim 31march 2015 they said i must wait for 8weeks then i waited but nothing, theni phoned absa offices they said i must wait another 2weeks again but still nothin i give them a call today they say their lines are off i must try them tomorrow it will be another story what i must do guyz

May 18, 2015 12:40 pm EDT

Hi my name is Loyiso Maurice Sondlo, I have worked for Enforce security group since 17 September 2003 till 31 August 2007 the Defensor Security group took over from 01 September 2007 till 31 December 2011 the company closed the Kimberley branch. In January 2012 I went to ABSA Kimberley branch to make a claim till today it has been 3 years I am still waiting for my Hard earned cash to be paid back to me. When I called the number given to me the machine will be on the pre-recorded voice till all my airtime is finished.

Dec 03, 2014 12:11 am EST

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Enock Thanjekwayo ID [protected] I have the problem of my claim I did put it on 15 September 2014 until now I wasn't get anything I did try to phone the ABSA administrator they told me that they are waiting for company to pay when I phone the company HR they told me that they payed everything now I don't know whoes lying please I need help more information contact [protected]

Yours faithful
BE Thanjekwayo

Nov 21, 2014 2:43 am EST

I have two month trying to claim my provident fund but they re say the didn't receive my documents I have been sent 2 times my name is andre bengue

Nov 13, 2014 7:18 am EST

hi my name jose mudimba iwas working for 5 years at princeton security was dismissal l tray to claim my provident money they ask me to wait up to 10weeks after 10weeks they ask me towait for 2 weeks now they tell me ta again 10 weeks but i have 4 big childrens going to schools paying rent 3000rand per month no work for 5 months iwant the money as soon as possible to sold out my rent food and open small busness my cell number [protected]

Nov 03, 2014 3:08 am EST

I have summited sevaeral times my aplication forms to absa provendend fund everytime it is been said they never reaived it who are they bluffing me or them selfs please I need answers asap

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1087 complaints