ABSA Homeowners Insurancewaiting 2 months just for an answer

A water pipe burst in our wall on the 13th FEb 2011. Tbhey sent someone out to repair the burst water pipe on the 15th FEb 2011, After many phone calls costing me about R600.00, they sent a contractor out to repair the wall where the plumber had to break through, this was a month later, I am still waiting (it is now 04.04.11) for them to authorise the repairing of the kitchen cupboards that were damaged because of the burst water pipe. We have to live with our kitchen cupboard contents in our lounge becasue we can not use our kitchen cupboards. Their service and follow up are disgraceful and non existent. I have had to phone all the time to find out with is going on and how far the claim is and then I get promises that they will phone me back and this they NEVER do. I am totally disgusted with them and will never use them again.

• Updated by zitha · Sep 27, 2018

I have open a saving account but i"m getting charge when ever i"m take money out i put every month i put R5000 so i don"t understand why this is happening and the money that i get charge is R395 something when i one off the lady she said she does understand why PLEASE EXAMPLE????????????????? SO DISAPPOINT AND WAS MY FIRST BANKING WITH ABSA.

• Pe
    Peter Caskie Nov 14, 2018

Hello,

Please may you assist me with my settlement amount on my vehicle. I called [protected] and it says that an email has been created - but nothing received as yet.

Is there an email address that I can send the request to ?

Regards

Peter

• Av
    A Vorster Nov 13, 2018

date of incident - 3 Nov
    waiting for feedback

please can i get a managers contact details. i have been dealing with Gugu Nkosi

i have received only bad service from my incident. i really need to speak to a manager to understand how ABSA's service delivering works

contact nr [protected]
    A Vorster

• Da
    Dalene de kock Nov 13, 2018

I used to receive SMS's when drawing money. It works for ± 3 months and then stops. Then I go into the bank to have it activated again. Then I receive SMS's for a few months again and then it stops again. Really annoying as my husband who has a card for my account still gets the SMS's. I am considering taking my money to Capitec Bank.

• Al
    Altavz Nov 13, 2018

I am waiting for more than 5 weeks to settle my claim. This is not acceptable at all. I send emails to Absa in December but no reply. This is so furstrating.

Thabiso Kevin Dlamini Nov 13, 2018

Only one cashier who's helping more than fifty people on the queue. Mabopane Central City Mall, how can this happen where there is stuff moving around. Are this people here can't use your system. I have two hours waiting for help and how about people I got them here. Please guys your Custmor service is very poor.

morne vorster Nov 13, 2018

Date of Incident: Friday 17 February.
    Merchant: Spraycraft Vehicle Body Repairers in Bellville Cape Town.
    The merchant want's to charge an additional 5% on the invoice if you select to pay by credit card. Is this allowed, lawful and ethical.
    How can I go about to report this merchant to MasterCard and to Visa as well as to ABSA, their bankers?

Masego Kgwadi Nov 12, 2018

Bank is not able to assist and provide clarity on money transfer transaction that took place between 2 Absa accounts. Recipient claims that money was never received in her account and sender can not be given details of where money transferred went.

thenicolean Nov 12, 2018

Credit Card received last week.
    Courier received copy of my ID and Proof of Residence.
    I ahve been to Tokai branch every day since then, to activate my card.
    Even mailed [email protected] to help speed up the process.
    The only reference I have been given is: 3357540
    This is shocking service!

Robin Cox

thenicolean Nov 12, 2018

Credit Card received last week.
    Courier received copy of my ID and Proof of Residence.
    I ahve been to Tokai branch every day since then, to activate my card.
    Even mailed [email protected] to help speed up the process.
    The only reference I have been given is: 3357540
    This is shocking service!

Robin Cox

• He
    heather wagstaff Nov 12, 2018

i am trying to find help with my table view accounts

one has been closed
    the savings account is still open
    #[protected]

i have R1000 Available..i live in the uk now..how can i access this money no one seems helpful

await your response
    heather wagstaff

• Ko
    Kopano Eugene Nov 06, 2018

Hi, I once called for quotation for a car and me and the consultant agreed to first wait until I get an approval from the car dealership. Now they have processed the application for a car I don't have and I need back my money. They have 1st taken R1630 and now R 1428 which I all noticed them today. My policy number is [protected]

John Nieuwoudt Nov 04, 2018

I went into Absa Bank Eastlynn on the 7/4/2017 to change 3 x R100 notes for R10, R2 and R1 and was told "we don't have change" without even looking in the till. If this is the attitude then I don't know why I am banking with Absa and then they wonder why they are loosing clients.

• Ba
    BarendJ Nov 01, 2018

Ek het by twee geleenthede probleme met my kredietkaart in die VSA gehad waar hulle dit nie wou aanvaar nie. Een was toe ek 'n bestaande jaarlikse fooi wou hernu en die ander toe ek 'n boek wou koop

Is dit omdat ons nou rommelstatus het??????

Annelize Gomes Oct 28, 2018

It is now 10:18 and I am standing in the que along with 14 people and there is only 2 tellers???? Terrible service ... waiting forever to be assisted! This is happening all the time. Absa is becomming the slowest serving customer service bank in kroonstad.

Absa kroonstad murray street

Noccy Oct 28, 2018

I once opened an account at school to those people who come and promote Absa from January and since then my Absa account I'm told it has been blocked I've went more than 20 to Germiston branch yet still they cannot sort out my issue, it's been months now and I need my account sorted

• So
    Sona Singh Oct 27, 2018

i am the holder of the Platinum Cheque account with Absa bank for the last 8 years or so. i want to query why do we have to pay admin charge of R25 over and above the monthly charge of R235. surely it ought to have been included in the monthly charge than ripping us of admin charges.

kindly advise .

• Kp
    KP de jager Oct 22, 2018

ACCOUNT NO [protected]
    I dont get reply or refund by absa Home Insurance for the period we were double insured.
    Although we have supplied all prove to Absa and Santam only Santam responded and payed their share back with immediate effect.
    Absa Home Insurance is just ignoring the matter.

KP DE JAGER

• Ak
    Ak7860 Oct 22, 2018

Hi id like to just say the services iv recieved from a Mr Wanda ABD5654 in customers services was horrible and he puts down the phone while i was talking ... how do you have such incompitant people working in the bank . I hate absa because of this i have to move my account cant deal with incompitance

• De
    Delene venter Oct 21, 2018

My home loan has been approved by your Baywest branch in theory. Since then Absa have a system problem and cannot get a valuater to my property. I think this service should be embarassing for such a big institution. I have considered to put my R800000.00 investment with Absa, as I am a client for 30years, however this makes me think twice

• As
    Askoek Oct 21, 2018

My husband and me went to ABSA in Birchleigh North and deposit 5 x R200 note in the cheque hole iso the cash one on the LHS ATM, I lodge a complain after the bank phone me and say I am not paying my credit card and are very upset that it takes so long to solve as this call was log on 08.07.2017 already . CASE NUMBER 3420996.

• El
    Elinami Zephania Oct 15, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam
    I got an Email that ask me to communicate with you bank for fund release from Toyota Mobile Draw. It's about $350, 000usd and according to my provided information it's deposited in an ESCROW ACCOUNT #[protected] in your Bank ABSA BANK SOUTH AFRICA.
    Pls help me though my Email
    Thank's

Martin Fourie Oct 14, 2018

When i got the there the car was marked down R179999.00
    Now the refuse to sell me the car for that price . I gave a R90000.00 dep so my Instalment would be R2100.
    Now i paid R95000 dep and finance R105000.00

Think I paid R225000 for the car cos the made a mistake
    If a car is advertised for a price they must give you for that price

• Zi
    zitha Oct 02, 2018

I have opened a saving account wish i am put every month R5000 and it a note account off 7 days but i don"t understand why i"m getting so much charge when i"m taking money our it about R395 every time SO I DON"T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS HAPPENING CAUSE IT MY MONEY THAT I"M SAVING PLEASE EXAMPLE!!!??????

• Mi
    Mike van der Walt Sep 19, 2018

MA v d Walt ID: [protected]
    Cell no: [protected]
    If applied for a personal loan on 2017/08/16
    Approved with nr [protected] witch I accepted.
    If phoned 4 times to find out what is going on([protected])
    Every time they tell me a consultant will contact me for the payment.
    Until now no phone call or anything.
    Please help.

• Wy
    Wynand Pretorius Sep 18, 2018

Who do complain to when the CEO office at ABSA head -office do not reply or assist. We have brought this matter to their attention where it was brushed off and denied. Now that there is proof they do not bother to reply as if tough luck.

MohauM Sep 18, 2018

Applied to switch vehicle finance from wesbank to ABSA and 3 weeks later switch not done. Dealing with very incompetent people is draining.

• Ju
    Judd Lehmkuhl Sep 18, 2018

Absa closed my account with no reason, wasting my time continually..i have spoken to numerous call center agent and spent hours in the branch..

No reserloution my account is just closed and no one can say why ?

Total waste of time and effort.

• Ls
    lsrael Sep 11, 2018

l am at your canal walk branch and been standing in a line for an over any hour.After all the renovations i expected a quick easy service.please try employ more staff members or draft your roasters accordingly

• Ad
    Adnaan A Boois Sep 11, 2018

Regrettably, I must report to you that it is now more than 20
    days after

• Fb
    F Barnard Sep 11, 2018

I requested information from ABSA client care regarding the cancellation of my bond account and followed up on 10 occasions the last 2 months . I am still waiting for a descent answer . I have even lodge it with ABSA action line . All I need to know is if my cancellation notice is still / now valid so that I do not pay penalty interest .

• Pb
    pb holt Sep 10, 2018

I keep receiving emails purporting to be from Absa bank asking me to update my details so that a deposit can be actioned. However, I do not have an account with Absa. Can Absa please clarify this?

Morne1980 Sep 10, 2018

Good day im really upset cindy works at hartebeespoortdam absa she gave out all my personal details to a whatsupp group with out my athurazation or with out me knowing about it she blocked my card i cant swipe it, im going to sue her and hartebeespoortdam Absa bank,

• Bu
    Bubbleg Sep 05, 2018

I am a small business paying a minimum of R1500 just for bank fees. e.g. 49sms fees at R777. Iv asked for the highest package to avoid being charged individually. I bank monthly but I'm going to be deciding to take my banking to another bank by next week that can help me.

Theo Loubser Sep 05, 2018

Eisno. 3355318. Dit het 'n maand geneem om 'n eis te registreer onder ons verbandversekering. Ons kry nie met ABSA vordering op die eis nie en niemand reageer op enige emails nie- Swakste en patetieste korttermynversekering ooit.

• Da
    Dayalan Naidoo Sep 05, 2018

I submitted a claim for storm damage caused to my house 3 weeks ago and I have still not received feedback regarding the claim.

Claim number [protected]*001*004

Johannesb Sep 02, 2018

I am with bsa for several years now..every time im in need of qiuck cash i dont qualify for an ATM loan...
    Mr J Botha
    Acc nr [protected]
    Every month my salary goes into my account..so why dont i get the benifet of an ATM loan...can you please help met with that? Im in need of R500 which can be deduct on the 15th of dec
    J Botha

AngieMolobetsi Aug 29, 2018

Absa has debited my account twice and has ignored my request to refund me. This is ridiculous.
    My account number is as follows: [protected]

Regards,
    Angelina Molobetsi

Malahlela Malatji Aug 21, 2018

I purchased a WordPress plan for my online business with my card and the money was taken twice from my account. I decided to use PayPal and skrill to protect my online purchasing but after paying online the money was taken again and it just 4days ago

• Fp
    f pieterse Aug 21, 2018

Good day, i have submit a claim = nr 3418088 for damage to my house. After several phone calls and letters nobody came back to me with a answer.

Fp pieterse
    35 begonia str welkom.
    [email protected]

can you please assist because this is taking far to long now.

• Hd
    HdT Parow Aug 21, 2018

After 3 months and visits from a pool company and engineer, I have not received feedback on claim nr 341 25 92

What steps can I take?