ABSA Bankdelayed insurance claim: 3162229

Absa insurance company: [protected]@absa.co. za

Dear absa insurance company

Complaint
Claim: 3162229

I (removed) am writing to complain about my house insurance claim processing being delayed and shoddy/poor work already done by one of you contractors.

On 11 november 2016, I registered a claim due to floods in my house your company (absa) by phone, on the same day I received an sms confirming that a claim has been registered. I also phoned and you confirmed that assessors will be coming to assess the damages.

The first assessors john dore carpets franchise where appointed by absa insurance company and you confirmed via sms on the 11 november 2016 at 11h15 am that they will be in contact and come through. the following week a gentleman from john dore carpets franchise came through to do the assessments, upon leaving he indicated that the only thing regarding flooring that will be done is the wood skirting wall.

On the 14th november 2016, absa insurance company sent another sms indicating that montana construction cc will be in contact to do the remainder of the assessment. after montana construction cc, did not pitch and upon my follow-up phoning both montana construction cc and absa insurance company, absa insurance company appointed another assessor on the 21st november 2016 named musanda project cc.

Musanda project cc came through to do the assessments during the week of the 21st november 2016 covering damaged kitchen units, roof, both house and surrounding walls, windows etc. after this assessment, nothing happened until I called absa insurance company to track the status of this claim.

On the 3rd of december 2016, I got an sms again from absa insurance company stating that kiks mul trading enterprise will be in contact regarding this claim. no one from kiks mul trading enterprise has contacted me.

During the week 12 december 2016, someone came to my house to do the wood skirting on the ground floor, this is the worst workmanship I have ever seen, the wood used for the skirting is not the same as before hence it does not match existing wood skirting, the colour used is wrong, not only is the work poor, they also damaged my walls as evident from the pictures attached as part of this complain. note that also on the 6th december 2016 I paid the requested excess to john dore carpets franchise and I also sent them proof.

I am very concerned and disappointed that today is the 19th december 2016, more than 30 days when I had a major incident (floods) at my house and absa insurance company has failed to get this resolved, my status is still worse than before the floods a duty which I expected you as my insurer to undertake.

Note that any further damages and medical condition my family will encounter as a result of absa insurance company failing to honour its obligation by ensuring that claims are processed and executed timeously. as you may know floods waters contain bacteria which cause molds problems, I am concern about that health of my family due to these health risks. any sickness that my family will encounter due to these unpleasant conditions will be linked to this claim.

My understanding regarding my insurance policy and the reason I took this insurance policy is that absa will place me to the same condition I was before the floods occurred.

I have honoured my obligations concerning my insurance policy with absa by making sure that my monthly premiums are paid in time, furthermore I have already paid excess amount regarding this claim, and I expect absa to honour its obligations concerning our policy agreement.

I distinctly remember numerous calls I have made at my own expense calling absa insurance company to ensure that this gets resolved and to this date nothing has been done.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely