Having problems with ABSA Bank?

+27 860 008 600 (General Enquiries)
+27 860 557 557 (Fraud Hotline)
+27 800 414 141 (Complaint Resolution Suite)
+27 115 015 050 (Lost & Stolen Cards)
+27 115 015 110 (Digital Banking)
+27 113 354 019 (Retail International Banking)
+27 860 109 085 (Credit Cards (Premium)
+27 861 114 411 (Credit Cards (Gold Card)
+27 861 788 888 (Absa Rewards)
+27 860 111 630 (Car Insurance)
+27 861 227 284 (Travel Insurance)
+27 113 504 000 (Head Office, Johannesburg)
7th Floor, Barclays Towers, West 15 Troye Street
Johannesburg
South Africa - 5241
Locations

Retail International Banking
Service Centre
170 Main Street, Johannesburg, 2001

Complaints & Reviews

call 5 numbers to get a balance...

I'm under debt review, my debt counselor contacts me saying ABSA will not give them an outstanding balance of my accounts unless I call in person. I called [protected] and then the circus came to town.
I've been given the run around for the last hour just to get someone to give me an outstanding balance on my cheque account. Ended up having to call 5 different departments all over South Africa and ending up right in my back yard... Cape Town Branch.
The funny thing is... I was helped by a nice lady, very sympathetic. She's gonna call around and ask where and who will be able to assist. BUT and this is where it really gets funny... From what she can tell, the account is closed since 10th November 2011. ABSA is still accepting payments made to that account. Another account they cant even tell me what type of account it is. But they have been accepting payment for that one for the last 4 years!!

Is ABSA gonna pay me back?

home insurance

Hi,

Last year I had my geyser fixed by one of ABSA's suppliers (they insure my house). The supplier replaced the geyser, but in so doing they had to remove an old tank, leaving the now-exposed wall unpainted. I complained about this unprofessionalism, and was told that someone would come out to have a look. I'm still waiting...

Then a few weeks back my tenants called to say a wall in the lounge had cracked. Of course, I called my insurers: ABSA. the assessor came out a few days later to look. My tenants tell me the assessor was rude and unpleasant, interrogating them with questions they don't have answers to. This is despite the fact that I am the client, not my tenants - I am the one who should have been contacted with any questions. This rude and unprofessional assessor did, however, tell my tenants that the crack was caused by ABSA's suppliers climbing in the roof.

ABSA never contacted me regarding this issue (the crack), so this week I gave them a call. The rude lady handling my claim told me my claim was not approved. When asked why, she told me I am "not covered." I then (obviously!) asked for more information as to why it wasn't covered - it was after all ABSA's suppliers who caused the damage - and this rude lady who is supposedly 'handling' my claim couldn't even tell me what caused the crack or why the claim was not approved.

I will not be doing business with ABSA again.

Charles92 Oct 28, 2013

Good day, I’m deeply shocked and disgusted by the service that ABSA insurance provides. It’s been over 3 months when I first contacted ABSA to come and fix my wall because it was leaning. Long story short, my wall eventually fell over and was left with an open yard on a busy street, leaving my property venerable to being broken into. I tried numerous times to contact the claims department, even left numerous messages and no one got back to me. Eventually when I got through, I spoke to a lady by the name of Khanyisa Nkuna and she said that they will appoint an assessor and NOTHING happened. Again a few days later I phoned and spoke to Marikie and she told me that they had not yet appointed somebody. Eventually Impala contractors came and mailed the report without pictures that the guy took. Last Friday the 25/10/2013 I called again and spoke to a lady by the name of Lettie and PROMISED that ABSA will pay for a temporary fence as my whole property is open, so she said that she will speak to her manager Steven Ramtya, and that she will email me the statement if ABSA accepts, and still again nothing happened. An assessor finally came through and told me that ABSA WON’T pay because of a tree, and that’s a succulent tree mind you- which I found absurd
    I’m disgusted and in disbelief at the fact that the bank that I been with for many years, was the one to let me down, with lies and deceit by your staff members, particularly the claims department. It’s bad enough that ABSA insurance is the bank with the most complaints with regards to insurance claims- and it comes as no surprise. One can clearly see that when a claim in brought forward- the inspectors are conditioned to find fault with everything (even the most absurd reasoning) in order not to pay out. This is an appalling behavior ad practice which I find highly unethical and would definitely not recommend anyone to insure with you guys after such a circus of an experience.

• Pr
    Presila May 06, 2014

Hi

Please note I had a claim for a geyser that burst and the plumbers damaged the ceiling I called and complained. After a month they send the painter yesterday but guess what he was so intoxicated that I had to tell him to leave my premises. What kind of suppliers do ABSA hire? Most of the time they are so unprofessional and yet when we pay our installments on time. ABSA I think you need to improve your customer services.

Regards

Presila

unlaw transfer from my absa account to my credit card without my approval

Due to personal reasons, I am under debt review and have been on this process since last year July 2011. From the 2nd November ABSA has been receiving payment towards my Virgin Money Credit Card, via a payment distribution agent (PDA), known as Hyphen Technology. I am currently with Debt Safe.

Despite the payment being received, ABSA’s legal department decided to hand my account over to their Attorneys, namely, Norton Lambrianos. After much discussion, my Virgin Money Credit card has been accepted under debt review process and Norton Lambrianos has been receiving their payment timeously ever since.

I received a letter of demand with regards to payment and that I needed to respond by the 25th February 2012. The email was not sent as an attachment, but typed up by a lady by the name of Kutlo Marumo [[protected]@norlam.co.za]. I have however scanned the email through as an attachment.

My debt counselor did get in contact with Norton Lambrianos and all proof of payment was again submitted to them.(I scanned the proof of communication, please see attached).

Today the 27th February 2012 at 10:51am I received an sms from ABSA stating that money has been transferred from my savings account to my Credit account. I contacted the number [protected], Option 1 that was stated on the sms. I get told by your call centre consultant, Theodora Phefadu that an amount of R8000 was transferred from my savings account to my Virgin Money Credit Card. On her system it does not show that I am under debt review, neither does it show that this account is being dealt with by Norton Lambrainos Attorneys. Further to this SMS there is no notification as to how much was transferred etc. Only the consultant is able to tell us this.

I want to know who has given ABSA the authority to do such an act and which staff member has actually gone and done the transfer. I also want proof that this transfer was paid into my credit card. I want copies of all the necessary documents that states such a transfer as well as proof of signature that has authorized this transfer.

My question to you is that how can ABSA go into my personal savings account and debit my account without forewarning me.
When I asked Theodora what gives ABSA the right to do such a thing her reply was that “ABSA does not forewarn their clients because we would then go and draw out the money before hand!”

This is totally unacceptable. Payment towards my Virgin Money Credit Card has been coming through timeously with no delays.

This to me is now called fraud! How can ABSA go into a clients account unannounced! My privacy has been invaded and this is something that I will not just accept. I have given ABSA no authority whatsoever to transfer this money. This also defeats the purpose of having a pin code as well as pass codes, doesn’t it?

Further to this, I am under debt review, which is a legal process, but ABSA has still chosen to invade their clients privacy.

I will not accept this act as ‘its ABSA policy” because I have been making payment towards my card. ABSA has chosen to hand this account over, hence the payment to Norton Lambrianos.

I now sit out of pocket, and have now incurred more costs because all my debit orders will now be un-cleared. Further to this, how do I live for the rest of the month, how did I fill petrol in my car and how do I pay school fees.

I expect an investigation into this matter ASAP and I will not be accepting any excuses. Rightfully this money needs to be reimbursed to me as this was unlawfully transferred from my account. The thought of this act is absolutely ludicrous! So much for a consumers right and privacy!!! I still cannot believe that ABSA literally “hacked” into my personal account and transferred money without notification?

Mrs Naidoo]
Durban

• Be
    berenice thomas May 02, 2012

At about 15:33 I got to absa vangate mall and do you know what the gentleman at the door said sorry I can't help you the bank is closed I then turned around and went away and just so 2min away is standard bank and do you know what they actually opened the door for the 3 clients and by then it was way over 15:30 now that is what I call service . I think Absa vangate mall need to take a leaf out of standard bank's books and look towards their customer service . I am but only one client but one very dissappointed client and I hope this does not fall on deaf ears

bad service leads to account being sent to legal

I am really annoyed and disappointed in Glen Pietesen misrepresenting us.

If Glen properly explained the situation and conveyed our concerns this situation could have been avoided.

Our main concern was will Absa sell our property regardless of us paying the agreed amount.

When l spoke to Ms Manual and arranged for Glen to bring along the documentation he did not come to my home.

Instead he made notes of his first meeting that we were reluctant to sign.

Ms Manual phoned me and she asked me why we were not signing I said that we were still waiting for Glen she said he made notes the previous week that we not signing l said that we have not seen Glen since the first time he visited us.

Ms Manaul was so kind as to assure me to call him and made arrangements for Glen to visit us again.

When Glen arrived I asked him why he made false notes on Absa system he looked shocked and immeditely started blaming us that we not in contact with Absa.

I said to him that I phond Absa a week ago to make an arrangement for him visit us and when he did not pitch I called Ms Manual again and she assited us.

I pointed out to him that he cannot make up stories and make as if he visited us and refer to outdated conversations which pertained to months ago and then make notes on Absa system as if he visited us.

Is this not misrepresentation and dishonesty how many clients are dealt the same fate but because we are in arrears people think they can further smear our names and make false notes because they will not be held responsible.

Why was this matter not recorded or reported by Ms Manual If your notes and telephone conversation are recorded everytime clients are called or if they call in, you will notice I called various times and everytime it is pertaining to me waiting for Glen Pietersen to bring or collect Absa documents or notes he made that were untrue.

I was called by Rene Morgan a few weeks ago and the same conversation carried on I asked her if I could not hand deliver the documentation to Absa she informed me that Glen was the representative in our area to ensure documentation was duly signed l asked her to ensure that Glen call me first to make an appointment with me for the documents to be signed.

A week went by Glen did not pitch up I called Rene but she was on leave a young lady assisted me and informed me that Glen made notes on the system that we must come into Absa to sign all documents he was out to see us six times.

"Is this not a sign that Glen is not doing his job correctly who goes out to see the same client six times with no positive outcome.

If you have made an appointment after noticing only one party is available when you arrive unannounced.

Then surely you are not serious in what you a doing your job?

If clients are not signing and want to first ask advice from another source this means you did not explained the situation correctly and clients are in doubt

Who does Glen report to and how did our situation spiral out of control?"

l asked when that was I did not see him more than twice first encounter was to ask us if we signed the docs we raised our concerns with him but he did explain in detail the situation to us we told him we will get advice from another source first before we sign and we told him that we could only afford R 2000+ /-Glen left and said he will motivate and put it in his report.

Weeks later we were called by a young gentleman from Absa legal department he asked why we were paying the full amount of R3140 we told him we explained our situation to Glen he said he does not have those notes regarding our conversation.

The second time I saw Glen was when I asked him why he made false remarks on Absa system.

I told the lady I was prepare to hand delivered the documentation but was advised that it was Glens job.

The lady advised me to email it to him which I did Glen's response via email was that the documents were not duly completed and attached updated documents and said that management requested we come to Absa to sign the documentation.

I responded to Glens email last week and conveyed Rene's message that he was the Absa's representative and I offered to come to Absa but was advise not too.
In my email I asked Glen to bring along the updated documents l will make sure we have the supporting documentation on hand.

He did not respond to my email this morning 27 March 2012 I phone Rene and she said that the matter was handed over again and not sure why or by who she refered me to Kabelo and he refered me to Thuli the call centre manager.

I know we defaulted on our bond but not because we wanted to but because I am unemployed and we had no money or choice.

I hope my concerns are taken up with Glen and his superiors he has put us in a very bad situation and has cost Absa and ourselves money allowing our bond to float from one department to another because he has let his personal feelings and dishonesty get in the way of business.

Or is this his way of getting back at us for questioning his dishonesty.

I also want dates and times he claimed he visited us and our response or comments on each occasion and why he was unable to assist us as an representative of Absa.

I am sure he has to keep records.

I know you said there are no notes on your system regarding my part but I have called the banking ombutsman and they refered me to Absa disputes department they have taken time and explained to me in detail that my property cannot be sold if we paying the agreed amount and why the special power of attorney needs to be signed.

Now I have spent hundreds of rands on telephone bills all because of Glens incompetence not doing his job correctly.

How does an individual working for Absa entrusted with such delicate matters get to make false notes and not be held accountable.

Thank you for your assistance I really appreciate it.

I am sorry I had to vent but I had to explain my side of events.

Kind regards,

Sadea Jacobs

• Co
    complainer homelon Sep 05, 2012

After signing with lawyers for transfer purposes, six months later i moved in the house after three months while i already fitt ed tiles and buglarproofs i was told absa declined my loan. They said the lawyers who were supposed to register the house are liquidated so had to appoint other lawyers. I paid10% deposit. Where am i going to get the money now

Resolved notification

Did ABSA send me this notification???

Valued Customer,

A payment has been made to your account, your account statement have been attached.
click to download the attachment and directly login to our secure server to verify your details and login to view your statement.
We have upgraded our security preferences of all our online account holders to protect your statement by verifying your online identities from our server to verify your credentials

Regards.

Payment Refunds Notifications Department.

Absa Security Advisor
________________________________________
The Internet Banking Team © ABSA Group 2012

Resolved employing criminals

I was told by a friend about an Absa secretary that has gone into several peoples accounts including hers. This Absa employee did not have any consent and is still employed at Absa despite her manager finding out about her doing this on a previous occasion. I feel violated knowing that any Absa employee can access my Absa account without my knowledge!
I really think this is disgusting and a criminal offence!!!

My friend tried to complain to Claremont branch manager only to find out that the Absa employee has recently moved to a Cape Town branch and no one can give her the managers number...

Resolved vechile finance

I need to know what happen to my car. ABSA reposesed my car, I been phoning and phoning, the one employee listen to the story, say yes we can sort it out, then they can't send me to the next employee, same story and the next and the next. I need help, I need to know what is going on/ ABSA has bad bad bad client service

Resolved did not execute my insurance cancellation request

On 24-11-2011, I submitted the cancellation forms for my property structural insurance to ABSA Bank, Wolff street, Kempton Park. ABSA Bank has not processed this request and has now deducted the premium of R6276.88 for the following year. On the [protected] It took me 2 hours at ABSA, Woodbridge Square, Kempton Park, to formalise my complaint. After presenting a copy of my initial cancellation request, it was promised to me by the Manageress of Woodbridge branch to have this request re-processed. It is now the third day and still no luck. This is causing me great inconvenience as there will be not enough funds for my debit orders on my account. My bond has been paid in full since March 2007. The ABSA Insurance policy no. is [protected] and my name is K.T.Kelly

refusing to close credit card account

I am hoping someone can assist me. I had a credit card with ABSA Bank, was in arrears and was subsequently handed over to their legal recoveries department. I then made arrangements to pay off this account and did not miss any payments that was required. However to my suprise on the 30th March 2011 i received a call and a letter saying that i had been handed over for a missed payment. I immediately called their legal recoveries department and it took a further 8 days before this was sorted. The excuse someone made a mistake but who that person was nobody could give me that information. (2) At the end of November 2011 i received a call from an ABSA call center person informing me that ABSA is offering me a special settlement to close the account. I thought it was a hoax and called the ABSA legal recoveries departmentont the 7th December 2011 and spoke to Martha who confirmed that this is true. She gave me the amount which i was to pay to close the account and said that the offer is valid until the 31st December 2011 and also informed me that should i need more clarity or assurance i can go inside any ABSA Bank and speak to their consultants. On the 21st December I went to the ABSA Bank in Brackenfell South Africa - Client Services and spoke to Roxanne who call the legal department and confirmed the amount the same amount (R5098.47). She also informed me that the amount would reflect the next day and that in order for this account to be closed i had to phone the legal department to close the account. I paid the amount. On the 22nd I called the legal department on [protected] and spoke to Prudence who informed me that the account cannot be closed because the amount that i paid did not reflect in the account. However she promised that she would check the next day and because the person working with my account was on leave (Previa) she would sent a request to the support centre to close the account. Today on the 29th December i called again and spoke to Denise Buys asking if the account has been closed. To my surprise it was not even though Prudence assured me that it would be after 72hours and i would receive a letter stating that the account is closed. The explanation from Denis was that the majority of the staff is on leave and she would send a second request for the account to be closed. 20 minutes later i received a message from ABSA saying that i need to call the legal department urgently because i short paid on my account and the account cannot be closed. I called immediately and spoke to Denise Buys again and again the excuse is "a mistake was made by someone" and that i now have to pay an extra amount of R150 before the credit card can be closed. This surprises me because (1) I was called an amount was given (2) I called the call centre who confirmed the amount (3) i went into the branch at brackenfell an ABSA client service consultant phoned the legal amount and confirmed the amount again. (4) Now that i paid the amount which they gave me now it cannot be closed because "someone made a mistake". This is unacceptable to me how can an amount be confirmed 3 times and then its someone's mistake and I have to pay an extra R150.
if anyone can assist me kindly contact me on email [protected]@ufh.ac.za

long delay on phone answering

I did a swift transfer Friday the 4th .The money is out of my UK account but not showing in my South African account. upon trying to phone international forex division . the message was we value your call(20 times) so obviously not .Also 'We are experiencing high call volumes' when have they not??'It would be fairer to say we are too mean to employ enough people to answer the phone we would rather get you to spend your money on the phone.

Resolved car insurance

Hi All.

Its with deep regret that I have to send this email, but I feel that it is necessary. I have been disappointed by the service and level of understanding of ABSA idirect insurance. I was in a minor accident on tuesday night 25-10-11after I had to avoid hitting a pedestrian, I bumped the pavement resulting in both my front wheels being deflated immediately. I was stranded and completely helpless at the moment as 3 days before this I was robbed in Pretoria, for which I also have a case number from the SAPD and video footage thereof as proof. Fortunately 3 minutes after the accident happened a tow-inn service vehicle passed me and I was more than happy for him to be able to assist me as we all know what it would be like being stranded alone in the dark at night in a rural area in Rustenburg. Now you, ABSA idirect refuse to help me with the tow-inn payment because I did not lodge a call immediately. So what would you do if you were alone in a town, far away from home? Would you leave your car and belongings alone at the side of the road, and go and look for a phone ? refusing help from the first possible service? I doubt it. In the moment of such a thing happen you panic, you fear for your safety, you don't care about what the insurance prefers you doing. Now the outcome is that I have to pay the release fee of possibly more than R2500.00, before ABSA would touch the car, just because I COULD NOT PHONE, and an excess of R2250, before collection of the car and repairs start. So what happens in the event of a person being seriously injured in an accident and is unable to phone? What happens if a phone is crushed in accident? Do all these cases go unattended to as well just because "you did not phone us" ? Its disappointing to say the least. All my business is done through ABSA, insurance, extra covers on finance, banking etc, everything, so should I fear for the 1st time I'm going to need service or assistance when I buy a house next year or take out a annuity as we'll ? I made the first call on wednesday morning 26-10-11 at 11 am From ABSA Rustenburg waterfall mall to claim, they said the system was off and would contact me back, I phoned again friday morning 28-10-11 and they said they would call me back, yesterday 31-10-11 finally I heard back and now you give a plain refusal to the situation. I thank you for the service as I take it as a lesson learned. I cancelled my previous insurance from Budget insurance as you contacted me promising a better service, now I regret that.
Quinten Swanepoel.
Policy number 0058 1887*001

• Re
    Rejoyce Nkosi Feb 10, 2014

To whom it may concern, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'm ensured by Absa idirect and my car was involved in an accident
    in November 2013 and it couldn't move after the accident which means no
    transport for me up until now. Absa idirect only approved the claim in Jan
    2014, the rented car was only provided for 30 days, the assessor recommended
    that they don't fix all the damages on my car, I was never advised about what
    is approved and not approved, towards the end of Jan 2014 the panel beaters
    informed me that my car was complete, I went to check the car and it was still
    not moving and some damages at the back were not fixed, when I enquired i was
    told that they only fixed what was approved by the insurance, I phone the
    insurance and they referred me to the assessor who rudely told me that the
    insurance approval was based on his assessment that the other damages were as a
    result of previous accident and NOT this accident, therefore, they will not be
    fixed I should take my car as it is and he doesn’t want to discuss further
    about this issue, I must take my car to AA for technical inspection.

My concern:

The damages were not there before this accident

The car was moving prior to the accident

The previous accident was also fixed by Absa insurance recommended panel
    beaters

Absa idirect can't even bring my car back home as they picked it up not
    drivable

I still don't have transport as my car is not fixed and I am told to take my
    car to AA for Technical inspection while it's NOT drivable.

Why did I have the car insurance when I now have to suffer like this??????

DR. Nkosi

072 583 7801

• Cl
    Cliff Nel Feb 24, 2017

I can also say the same. Took out a R1890 policy to start the 1February 2017. They debited me R4800 due to this discounts they apply to get a cheaper quote then your current insurer. They got the start date wrong as well and never applied the discount and debited me twice. I am cancelling my insurance with them and are going back to Outsurance my previous insurance company. I am just glad I switched away from ABSA idirect as it is clear they are very incompetent if you read all the complaints on GOOGLE.

• Cl
    Cliff Nel Feb 24, 2017

I can also say the same. Took out a R1890 policy to start the 1February 2017. They debited me R4800 due to this discounts they apply to get a cheaper quote then your current insurer. They got the start date wrong as well and never applied the discount and debited me twice. I am cancelling my insurance with them and are going back to my previous insurance company. I am just glad I switched away from ABSA idirect as it is clear they are very incompetent if you read all the complaints on GOOGLE.

Resolved illegal advertising of sex services

I was on facebook and stumbled on this ABSA employee on facebook by chance. She is an ABSA employee in Pretoria Brooklyn Branch advertising sex services. HOW UNBELIEVABLE!!! She states her name as Yolette Cunha on Facebook and even gives ABSA Brooklyn's telephone number. How does ABSA allow this, are you a banking institution or an escourt agency???

I am an ABSA customer in Gauteng and right now I am too ashamed to say that I do business with ABSA. Employees like these give ABSA a bad name. They should not be employed by ABSA or any banking institution for that matter.

This matter should be investigated, and the employee concerned should be dealt with. There are some bad apples among ABSA employees and ABSA should get rid of them, before they contaminate the rest of ABSA. I have banked with ABSA for years, and have never come across something like this. I am also sending ABSA's top brass an e-mail with regards to this. ABSA I am disappointed!

• Ro
    Rozz Atanassova Oct 27, 2011

Hi Kobus,
    Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, I can assure you that we take this very seriously and are already in the process of investigation. Please could I ask that you email me your contact details to [email protected] so that I may touch base with you with regards to feedback. If you’re not comfortable with that, I’d like to thank you again for taking the time to bring this to our attention and rest assured that this matter will be dealt with.

Regards,
    Rozz

• De
    Ders Jun 28, 2013

Hi Kobus

Sometimes things are not what they seem. Having dealt this particular issue numerous times before, let me explain it to you like this, as I explained to one web advertising company:

Imagine I have a bone to pick with Kobus Myburgh, but I'm too cowardly to do so directly. So I take a photo of you, clone your face onto some male stripper, then place "your picture" on the web at various places offering your "services" for R300/hr complete with your work telephone number etc.

I think you get the picture.

Now imagine you trying to enforce your constitutional right to press criminal charges and you get laughed off. Imagine this continuing week after week.

With your uninformed and judgemental poting here, you have in fact victimized the victim even further. Imagine this was your wife/daughter/sister ...

Resolved harassment

Made a late payment to Absa instead o f paying on 28/09 I paid
on 30/09. As from 12/10 I start receiving phone calls that I had not
paid my account. The more I explained the more calls I received.
telecalls 12/10 14/10 15/10 17/10 and 18/10. This upset me terribly as my next installment due date was 25/10.
Today 18/10 I receive another statement due date 02/11 and the
installment due has doubled. How can they send two statements
1 dated 28/09 due 25/10 and the other 29/09 to 06/10 due 02/11
and then decide to harrass me for another payment?

• Ms
    MS03 Oct 18, 2011

I am having the same problem with Absa where they are phoning me
    every 2nd day due to a late payment. Its not that I havent paid and they are harassing me. I have now received two statements 1 due 25/10 another due 02/11 and they have doubled my installment.

• Ro
    Rozz Atanassova Oct 27, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please note that we are active on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Absa.Bank
    ) and we encourage you to engage with us there, alternatively please e-mail your details to [email protected] and we will get in touch with you

Resolved provident fund

My name is Lloyd Oliver I have been trying to get my provident fund from ABSA for over a month now. My...

Resolved car insurance claim

I am very angry and dissatisfied with the servive rendered by Absa Idirect, my car was involved in an accident on the 4th of July 2011, it took more than a month to get authorization, the pennel beater in Louis trichadt(makhado) released the car unfinished, the car was hit infront and at the back, the pennel beater only fixed the front part, the back part is not done infact it was made worse because the screws which the pennel beater took out of the car were not even replaced, I am unsatisfied with this shody service. The courtesy car was offered for two weeks and extended for another two weeks, i do not understand how do i travel for three months without transport, now i am taking back the car to the penel beater, i do not have transport. CAN SOMEBODY HELP IN THIS SITUATION, I THINK IS NOT ON, i am frustrated, i had thought taking insurance will help during crisis but i think your service is adding more stress and frustration.

• Mi
    Mike Jacobson Oct 04, 2011

I totally agree with you. I have also been waiting for over a month to get authorization, and everytime I try to contact contact the loss adjustor who's handling my claim he never answer!
    I'm in a position where I dont have a clue as to what is happening with my claim. This definately has to be the worst insurance company ever!!!

• Ig
    I govender Apr 01, 2015

I am currently having the same issues with ABSA idirect

Resolved no service

FROM:
• [protected]@absa.co.za
TO:
• [protected]@rocketmail.com
Message flagged
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:09 PM

REF : [protected]

I applied for an ABSA Checque account online. Also see ref no and date that ABSA sent reply message, above. Received e-mail confirmation, but I had to call ABSA on numerous occasions myself, for follow up and could not be assited, up to date. I have been sent from pilar to post to get a response, and I am still awaiting a reply or any response from ABSA bank. (Please check your so-called recorded data). This is not the first time I am having trouble with service delivery at ABSA. Neither is this my first complaint lodged.

I congratulate ABSA bank, once more, for NON-Service Excellence!! Well DONE guys, keep it up!!

As of 2009, since my earliest encounter with your bad service, we succesfully managed to encourage 14 clients to bank at real banks, and will send this message to all small business owners. As a small fish in a big pond, the big pond has numerously warned me about ABSA bank. Now I can see why hundreds of clients are moving their businesses to other banks. Thanks again for this eye-opener!

To date, ABSA had not care to follow up with my application for a checque account. It seems that they don't need new business or they simply don't care.

Believe me, this trend does not go unnoticed by large companies and wealthy potential clients for ABSA.

Don't even bother to respond to this message. I know that you will ONLY give me a ref no, for lodging a complaint, and that is where it ends...!!! Rather check the statistics on your client declination!!

My regrets,
Johan Prinsloo
[protected]

Resolved employees taking money to bars

I was having an afternoon drink a while back and a lady by the name of Beulah(I believe her surname is Muller, but I'm not sure) was there. Well, I witnessed something that did NOT impress me as I also bank with ABSA and that could have been my money. While there she had a very big bank bag with her, with quite a bit of money in it, she was flaunting it around and showing all her friends what she had taken home with her. What if someone, not so nice had seen her, and decided to attack her and take all that money? Like I said it could also have been my money. Also, while there, I got to talking to some of her friends and found out that, she goes into their bank accounts and checks their balances and does stuff for them that is not so savoury. I also heard that she exchanges money (I know you need a passport and airplane ticket to get international money) for them without the sufficient paper work. I am in general NOT a complainer, but this has been bothering me for quite sometime now and finally I just thought it best to say something. I am also seriously contemplating changing banks as this is unacceptable behaviour for a bank employee. I'm also wondering if it's not perhaps a good idea to take this to the newspapers as other people should know about this and that ABSA is letting their employees get away with stuff like this.

Resolved violation of human rights

My wife, 5 year old daughter and I stay in a house we built – out of our pocket with our money with invocies to prove it – on my deceased sisters’ property. She passed away September 2010 and Absa Trust is the executors of the estate. We have a document (that was drawn up by my lawyer and signed by my sister) stating that we are entitled to stay on the property until the day we (all 3 of us) die. Absa Trust basically wants to auction off the peroperty and the lady handling the estate have told us that we have no rights on the property. They are waiting for the Master of The High Court to go ahead and evict us before the auction. They have all the documentation and we have put forth a claim – which they rejected – against the estate for unjustified enrichment. My wife is diabetic and I now have cronic high blood pressure. It has also started to affect my 5 year old daughter negatively who have just gotten used to her creche and who we enroled in a school close to where we stay. What do we do and what is our recourse forward. We have a Legal Aid advisor who is handling the case but is also getting the run around from the people handling the estate. how in this day and age can they treat us like this and attempt to throw us out of a house that we have built over the last twelve years and that I was living in for the past 36 years?

Resolved unfair treatment

Being a loyal absa client for 10 to 15 years, left me in great dissapointment. On the 10th of June 2011, i applied for the further loan to do the rennovations on my property.The application dragged for a very long period, though i was promised it will only take 3 to 5 working days. In that long waiting period, on the 27/06/2011 i was then called, and dissapointedly, not even approved on what i put on the table, far less than that. I then, the following day declined the offer. On the 4th of July 2011, i decided to go to absa branch in pretoria north, and i was told, the small offer was due to the evaluation of my existing property, which i dont know how was it done, cos no one came and did that at my place. The consultant in Pretoria North adviced me to reapply, but really this left me with just dissappointment as i know im also paying R2800.00 more in my existing bond. I am also considering leaving ABSA BANK and market the better BANK with better services.

Resolved cannot logon

I am trying to logon to the internet banking, but for the last week I cannot get onto the internet bank website

• Ph
    Phumlile Sovendle Jun 27, 2011

I am trying to logon to the internet banking but caanot as it state that I must check my access acount or pin or user of which they are all correct according to me.

• Me
    Meagan Davids Jun 28, 2011

iI am trying to access my internet banking account but it keeps tellin me to use a valid account number and pin. Acoording to me I have entered the correct numbers.

• Bj
    B J Steyn Jul 01, 2011

My password has been blocked and therefore I cannot access my account.
    Please fix this now (as in immediately!!)
    My cell number is 079 622 3814.
    I am waiting for your explanation/phonecall.

B J Steyn

• Ri
    RIETTE MULDER Jul 08, 2011

Ek probeer ook al die afgelope week by Absa se internetbankdienste uitkom, maar tevergeefs!! Ek het ook 'n week terug by 'n ATM R60.00 se MTN-telefoontyD gekoop wat nounog nie op die foon gelaai is nie. Absa amptenaar in Brackenfelltak se ek moet dit met MTN uitklaar.. WAT GAAN AAN MET JUL DIENS ABSA????? R. Mulder

• Lj
    L J Swanepoel Jul 26, 2011

I can not find the Absa logon page on internet????

• Mo
    Motlalepule Phete Jul 27, 2011

I cant logon to my absa internet banking and is been months, all i need is the pin to access my account via internet.