AARP - Membershipmembership refund

H Review updated:

Based on a AARP promotional offer in Jan, 2008, I extended my AARP membership for 4 years through Dec, 2011. I paid $29.50 using a credit card. Today (08/11/09) I phoned AARP [protected]) to cancel my AARP membership and obtain a refund for the remainder of the subscription period ending in December, 2011. They told me a credit of $24.21 will be issued to the credit card I used to make the original payment. I had since cancelled that credit card and also moved to a new address. The credit card company does not have my new address and therefore has no way of getting the credit to me. The AARP agent suggested that I contact the credit card company to give them my new address. AARP refuses to send me a check for my refund.

• Bo
    bobtheman Aug 12, 2009

They also want you dead by supporting Obamacare.

• Le
    Lester Swan Jun 27, 2011

I am fed up with your lack of attention to your subscribers. You (AARP) are fraudulently using our (MEMBERS) number to back crap that we disagree with. Oboma Care and SS reform and all the democratic (liberal) junk.
    We (Members) want to have a vote and thus say what AARP can support and Not support.
    The Leadership of AARP must be getting KICK BACKS for this junk, cause noone would support this if they had even 2 brain cells.
    Lester Swan
    [email protected]

• Ka
    Kaz13 Dec 31, 2018

I got charged top dollar to renew membership. But keep getting mail offers to renew for less than what they charged me. Guess paying on time is a penalty. Let your membership get down to 30 days and get a lot better offer than if your a renewing member. Sent multiple emails to cancel membership. I get zero response. Once again. A company that's craps on there customers just to make a buck. Save your money. What this company offers for rewards and discounts ain't worth the money. Unless you live in a few restaurants that offer discounts. But really. How often can one keep eating at the same place..

• Ka
    Kaz13 Dec 31, 2018

Never again. Save your money.