Aaron'sunauthorized credit card charges

C Jul 12, 2019

I have been a customer with Aarons on and off for 10 years. Most Recently in October of 2018 I moved to a different location and connected with this particular Aaron's store. I have always received great customer service from the one on Stafford Street and assumed the same. Anyways, I made consecutive payments, double for the months of October-December to pay off my bedroom set. My bedroom set was used and was offered as a sale for $836 with tax included. I rented two foundations and a mattress. When delivered, the bureau was broken and the movers asked if I wanted to keep it. I went to the truck and checked it out. It couldn't even stand alone and they had it up against the truck. I said no thank you. It took them two months to replace, mind you I was still paying double to pay off. I finally get my bureau and things seem fine. I made an agreement with the store to have payments come directly from my card on the 1st and 15th. I receive a call in May (21st) and was informed that my payments did not go through for April and that I owed four payments including May. I apologized for the mix up, and contacted my bank who informed me that no payment was attempted from the 1st-20th of May, and nothing was declined. The store assistant manager Theresa admitted that they were short staffed and that possibly one of the guys didn't charge my card. Sure, no problem. As I went to pay it, what was supposed to be $448 turned into $936 due to "late fees". I asked for the breakdown and they were not able to specify the charges AND was still charging me on the bedroom set paid off in February. The store manager Alex was never able to answer my calls or speak with me in store. I asked for my ownership contract in which they informed me the store manager has access to the back office and they had to wait for him. I finally decided that they could take the furniture because it was not worth the hassle. They informed me the bedroom was paid off and that the foundations and box springs were owed. So i set up a time June 5th for them to pick up. They never came and I took off work to wait between 10a-3p. I contacted them they informed me that they came and no one answered. If anyone has dogs you know when people knock or ring your bell.. It was complete dishonesty. I filed two complaints with corporate who never got back to me. It was not until I contacted the Stafford Street location that someone at the Grafton Street site got back to me. They sent ONE guy to pick up the foundations and mattress. I am not fit or in shape and had to assist because he was damaging my hallway walls. on June 16th I notice that $$$ had been charged from Aarons. This was a week after things were returned, AND I was informed that no automatic transactions were taking place. I had to freeze my account, wait until Monday for the store manager in order to be refunded. It took 7 days for the refund. I asked again for the ownership contract and he informed me it would be mailed. Today is July 12th and I receive a call from Aarons Corporate office not due to my complaints but because I have a past due amount of $228 and a total balance of $1, 000 on my account. I'm livid because I do not owe them. They continue to wreak havoc and that store is so disorganized. I luckily received an email generated from Douglas Lindsay (President of Aarons Sales & Lease Ownership) saying congratulations on my recent pay off. This was sent to my email on June 14th and June 16th. How is it that this store has NOT closed my account, proceeded to refund me on an account error, not provide my lease ownership and then sends my account to collection? I will never be treated with this amount of callous and careless behavior. I am still in the midst of fighting it. It is 1033a and I was informed someone would contact me at 10a.