Having problems with L.L.Bean?

L.L.Bean Customer Service Contacts

+1 207 552 3051 (Customer Service)
95 Main St.
Freeport, Maine

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with L.L.Bean Customer Service. Initial L.L.Bean complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for L.L.Bean above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about L.L.Bean. Discuss the issues you have had with L.L.Bean and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

L.L.Beanpoor quality, shoes, l.l. bean returns customer service order # [protected] [#7785447]

I purchased a pair of Allagash moccasins in May of this year. I used them around the home, on grassy surfaces and for light walking on woodland trails. The soles are worn at least halfway in only five months. The return desk informed me that they had been "abused" and were not eligible for a return. I have been a Bean's customer for over forty years and am now convinced it is not the same company it used to be. I will not buy anything from them again.

Oct 12, 2020

L.L.Bean — Delivery

This is not the first time I have complained to LLBEAN regarding delivery. As I have a LLBEAN credit card for...

Aug 14, 2020

L.L.Bean — Men's pants

This was my first time ordering from L.L. Bean. I ordered 2 pairs of pants in the size that matched the size...

Feb 17, 2020

L L Bean Freeport Maine — sweater

I bought a Sweater Polor Fleece on Nov 16th, for Myself and My Husband, along with matching LLBean Hats for...

Freeport

L.L.Beansheets

Years ago I purchased sheets from L. L. Bean. They were expensive, and have been wonderful sheets. Still in good condition. A few weeks ago I decided to buy another set and ordered them online. When they came I noticed a rather strong chemical smell and washed them a few times, but that smell is still there! Washing made no difference. I called customer service and the person helped me pick out a different set. I did notice that those smelly sheets listed a different country than the first set. So I dragged myself to a place to return the first set and soon received the second set of sheets she had suggested. Omg, guess what! These also stink but have a different smell! I Do NOT WANT TO SLEEP IN SHEETS THAT HAVE A CHEMICAL SMELL. I have not bothered to return them and will pass them on to a charity organization where hopefully someone will not be bothered by the smell. I have paid a small fortune for these sheets and also some rugs purchased from L.L. Bean. Will not be purchasing any products from them in the future. If their customers are dropping off, they need to evaluate their products. I will gladly become their sheet sniffer!😖

LL Bean — exchange

We have been LL Bean customers for over 30 years, purchasing boots, hiking boots, outdoor clothing...

LL Bean — wicked slippers

On June 7, 2018, went to LL Bean in South Windsor to return my wife's "Wicked Slippers, " due to a...

L.L.BeanNo delivery

L.L.Bean is a joke.
      They back ordered my items and forgot about it!
      But let me start from the very beginning. So I ordered several nice items that were in stock. They sent me a confirmation email and a tracking information. Two weeks later I checked the tracking number and it showed that the items were not shipped out. I immediately called their support to straighten things out and they said that my items were back ordered. They were out of stock at the moment of ordering. Needless to say, I wasn't notified about anything and just believed I would get the items on time.
      It's been 3 months since I was said my items were on back order and nothing has changed.
      Either they are not going to sell those items anymore or they just care nothing about me and customers like me.
      Going to call right now and to ask for a refund. I will update soon to let you know what happened next.

L.L.Bean — the damage box

I order 3 Supper Deluxe lll Backpack on 9/3/17 to be delivery on 9/8/17 I call on 9/9/17 to see the where...

L. L. Bean — sweater

I purchased a sweater several years ago. it was much more expensive than sweaters in other stores but came...

LL Beancustomer service — boy's raincoat

On April 18, 2017 I ordered a raincoat for my grandson's birthday. On the confirmation email, LL Bean said it would arrive 4/27/2017 which would have been fine for his birthday. However today I phoned them inquiring about shipment and they told me it wouldn't arrive by 4/27, and that they never told me it would! The representative was very rude, interrupting me several times. I then told her just to cancel the order. She said she may not be able to because it may have been shipped! I'll never deal with them again.

L. L. Bean — L.L. Bean does not stand behind its product quality!

First of all their clothing is very expensive and when I ordered I expected high quality! Ordered a skirt and...

Freeport

llbean.comWebsite didn't provide discounts

When I placed the order on the website www.llbean.com. It was clearance on the website and they provided 10% from the whole order. It was so pleasant to get discount, but it was only showcase and they haven’t given me the discount at all. I proceeded to pay, but the seller showed the final sum, but charged me for different one. Now I try to get anything back from this scamming website. I hope my review will help someone.

LL BeanVisa

I have submitted a complaint about my experiences with the LL Bean VISA separately, which you can read, along with all the others, which can easily be googled. If you care about your finances and/or your credit score, do not use this Visa card. Barclay's is among the most corrupt financial organizations in the world, and it is the company that LL Bean proudly partners with - despite thousands of customer complaints about its dubious practices. Barclay's Wikipedia page has a section called 'controversies' that spells out its illegal and corrupt practices. Bean partners with this company, and, thus, I believe it should trumpet the accomplishments of its partner. Because it is unlikely that Bean will do this, I will do it for you. Headlines provided below from the Barclay's Wikipedia page, with some narrative on Barclays' latest accomplishment, a lawsuit in June 2014 by NY State alleging Barclay's defrauded investors:<br />
            <br />
            8. Rate-fixing scandal<br />
            9. Staff diversity<br />
            10. Qatari capital raising regulatory investigations<br />
            11. Gold price manipulation<br />
            12. US lawsuit alleging dark pool fraud. In June 2014 the U.S. state of New York filed a lawsuit against the bank alleging it defrauded and deceived investors over its unregulated trading system known as dark pool, which enabled investors to do anonymous, undeclared stock trades. The state, in its complaint, said it was being assisted by former Barclays executives and it was seeking unspecified damages. The bank's shares dropped 5% on news of the lawsuit, prompting an announcement to the London Stock Exchange by the bank saying it was taking the allegations seriously, and was cooperating with the New York attorney general.

LL Bean Visa CardCustomer Profiling

We have had and enjoyed using our LL Bean visa card for years now, last year around March of 2013 I noticed our credit limit had been decreased without any form of warning or explanation. I contacted LL Bean directly and they explained it was a computer generated audit and after reviewing our LONG EXCELLENT credit history with them they would return our credit limit back to the amount we had EARNED. Funny that this year rolls around and it's end of March approaching "April" again and our credit limit was again decreased without any form of communication from, you guessed it, LL Bean or Barclays Bank. I contacted LL Bean who after several long phone conversations referred me to Barclays Bank, stating that they handle all credit inquires now.
              I contacted Barclays and encountered one of the most incompetent customer service reps to ever walk the face of the earth, not only was she sarcastic and rude...but her information concerning our account was absolutely WRONG! I tried to explain the situation in detail, however, the credit card GOD on the other end of the phone was not having anything to any type of rational.
              The bottom line here is to drop your LL Bean card period!!! LL Bean wouldn't even listen to my complaint when I called them back to complain about Barclays customer service, of course I could go on and on. My wife and I pride ourselves on having a very respectable credit score and paying our bills on time, this will not make a bit of difference with a company that practices dirty business such as customer profiling and playing GOD with your money. As stated by the customer service rep on the phone... this is a random audit of customer use of their credit card, not a chance... 2 years in a row. I paid the balance off that night, I will never purchase a thing from LL Bean again! If Bean can't monitor their company that they are using to represent them card wise...then others will fall prey to these extremely unconventional and insulting methods of poor business practices. Mike in NY.

L.L.Bean VisaWonky Web Page/Payment Emails

I receive all my credit card statements and 'alerts' for payments due via email. L.L.Bean Visa stopped sending me these paryment alerts 8 months ago, resulting in my inadvertantly missing a couple of payments. I've complained twice and just got off the phone with one of their website techs and he claims he fixed the problem. Before ending the call he gave me a "services alert" website address, so I could "check to see if my email address was being blocked" -- the explanation was fairly sketchy and I tried the address he gave -- it doesn't exist! Also, when navigating their credit card website, if you go to "account information" and edit or just check the info, there is no way to go back to the previous page.
                L.L. Bean Visa is the only credit card company that is unable to send me payment prompts. I receive as many as 7-8 payment prompts a month from other credit card companies.

Ll Bean Barclay's V IsaUnfair charges and reporting practices

Early in 2012 I called LL Bean Visa (Barclay's) and asked what I had to pay to close the account. They gave me a number and I paid it. All statements stopped so I though the matter was closed. About 3 months later, I got a letter saying I was past due on a balance just under $100. I called customer service and the agent said they couldn't do anything about the balance as it was against regulations. I then spoke to a supervisor who said the balance I paid was not final balance, as they charge fees from the date of purchase, and those fees are reflected on the next statement - the one I didn't receive. She agreed with me to remove the charges, zero the balance, and assured me that nothing negative would appear on my credit report. Well, yesterday I went to get a student loan and was denied because of a negative entry on my credit report. You bet, it was Barclay's saying I now owed $126 in fees and interest on fees. When I called they said the previous conversation never took place. When I asked the supervisor who I can talk to to assure me this time they'd put right both the balance and the credit report, I was told I could not have that information. My daughter's tuition is due by 8/1. I have had excellent credit for 38 years now. This is the only blemish and it is not an accurate report. How can I escalate this to someone who can do something about it. Funny LL Bean is widely known for their excellent customere service, yet the Bank that represent their brand just makes you feel like a deadbeat. Shame on both Bean and Barclay's.

L.L. Bean, Inc.So lame

I made a order with the company noticed the system did not have the right address. We have a new floor at the building and the mail system does not know it yet. It happens all i do is tell the system to override and place in what i wanted. well in this case the program did not care for that. So i do the next logical step call them aka llbean. they tell me oh cant do a thing you should cancel the order and re-order. really for the same thing to happen again. I even told the guy just append the floor. nope notta so i was like fine not worth the hassle and wait will just go to landsend and get it here in 2 days. guess my money is not worth it the CS even said thank you. I was like what thank you for going to a competitor wow. Lame

• Ri
                        RIPMom Sep 13, 2011

Of all the credit cards my mother-in-law was using at the time of her death, the LLBean credit card through Barclays is the only who will continue to assess finance charges. Never mind that all of her money is tied up in probate and cannot be accessed. Talking about feeling screwed over in death!

• Li
                        linannie Jun 29, 2011

Bought a wonderful lilac coat in 2009. IT's been through maybe 3 washings and the metal buttons underneath the material are rusting and showing through. Also both zippers have melted in the dryer and are useless. INFERIOR!

L.L. Bean, Inc.Coupons Ripoff

Was thrilled to receive 3, $10 holiday coupons after purchasing Bean items last Christmas... Since Bean never has sales on current items, I felt it made up for their higher prices.

I redeemed them for a pair of shoes, that fit very poorly... So I sent back the shoes for a jacket and pants.

Guess what? Bean customer service said I couldn't redeem my $30 coupons "Sorry, you can't return for a different item!"

HuH??? Guess what Bean? As a 30+ year customer, I will NEVER deal with you again... Oh yeah, when I asked to be connected with your upper management's office, I was told he didn't know the phone number of the Pres of Bean's . name!

Bait & Switch... Good luck in the future & goodbye.

• Ab
                          ABCDoud Sep 06, 2018

There once was a time you bent over backward to ensure your customer was satisfied. You recognized that life-long customer loyalty was a two-way street. I don't think you believe that any more. It seems your guiding principle is "No - it's not our policy". It's an absolute shame and I don't think you care.

L.L. Bean, Inc.Stay away

Why does LL Bean continue to ignore the Big and Tall segment of our population in it's offerings? There are many items that you offer for sale that I would like to purchase, however, you do not offer them in Big and Tall sizes. Please advise if there is any potential change in reference to this matter; and if not why?