Zbiddy.comI was immediately charged $99 upon entering my credit card information

N

I never got to chose which bid package I wanted, I was immediately charged $99 upon entering my credit card information. I called the customer service dept. immediately. First I was told I would get a $49 refund (which was all "Steven" was authorized to do). I demanded his supervisor. " Mark Gomez" then said he could refund me $74.25. I said there was an error/and or flaw with your website. I never got to chose anything...you people just charged my credit card $99. I never picked anything, . I asked that a copy of this "recorded" phone call be e-mailed to me, as I am in customer service, and know for a fact...that it can be done. He refused. I will be contacting the Florida Attorney general, the BBB, any and all website's related to this fraud..and USAA...my credit card company. This isn't right.

• Le
    leebyy Mar 06, 2012

exact same thing just happened to me, after diligently fighting for my rights I was told I would be refunded $74.50. total scam, fraud and bait and switch all rolled up in one. Why the FTC and States attorney generals let these companies get away with this is beyond me.

• Cr
    crene7363 Mar 09, 2012

I also was charged an unauthorized $99.00 after entering my credit card information. Believe me I got all of my $99.00 charge back. I would not give in to them until I had all of the $99.00. They are a rip off. I'm on the phone right now for the 8 time.I have won 19-20 Restaurant.com Ecards (over $700.00 worth) that I could be using. I have not received any congratulation email with the 10 digit # you need to claim the Ecard on Restaurant.com. I made a folder for all the different types of emails I have received from Zibby.com, customers service ect. I have talked to 6 employee and a supervisor named Christopher twice. They all tell me the same thing, that they have emailed the 10 digit #'s to me and as of today I have not received it. It's not in any of my Zbiddy, junk mail, bulk mail folders through my Mircosoft outlook or through webmail. Christopher promised me I would received. I have not. Everyone tells you they will give you 25 free bids and request the shipping department to email the #'s to you. I requested Supervisor Christopher to copy and paste to a word document and print and mail it to me. He refused to mail it. He said they do not mail people. Know I'm waiting on a email from Christopher to send to my Apartment Complex email address. Please do not use this coming, use Quibid or Ebay.com I will be looking at my checking account statement for any more unauthorized deductions. Wish me luck. crene7363

• officialzbiddy Mar 27, 2012

As with other penny auction websites, to place bids and win products on Zbiddy, you must first register and purchase a bid package. The requirement to purchase bids is explicitly stated on the website and in the terms and conditions. If you were unaware that you were purchasing bids when entering your credit card information and selecting a package level, a ZBiddy Customer Service agent is in place to assist you with your concerns and can be reached at [protected] Monday thru Saturday from 8am to 12am EST.

• Cr
    crene7363 Apr 02, 2012

I disagree with your (officialzibby) standard statement above.

• Th
    thehandofmidas Apr 25, 2012

@officialzbiddy ... what you are doing is deceptive and wrong. Whether you state it in the fine print or not. I get the feeling you don't want regular customers.. instead you want to hit people for $99, $50, or $25.50 (depending on the refund you can get away with) fees and get as many of those as possible. For the record... the restaurant.com gift cards aren't worth the paper they are printed on because unlike most gift cards these GC's comes with a lot of fine print and strings attached. check the fine print of the restaurant you want to use the GC's for before you agree to anything. If you want a reputable penny auction site stick with quibids.com where they have a Buy it now to minimize your risk. They are legit but crowded. I've won a lot out there and it's all been delivered and the Customer Service is very helpful. When you sign up at quibids, list mobileman as your reference so I get some free bids! :-)

• Ka
    Karenbason66 Jul 03, 2012

I too never had such problem on zbiddy.

• Ne
    Neil Armstrong Aug 31, 2012

That's not true. Whenever I purchase a bid package, I always get options to select different bid packages.

• officialzbiddy Aug 31, 2012

We're glad to assist you with your concern. Kindly contact us at [protected].

• Ka
    Kathy Hen Sep 03, 2012

I found Zbiddy faster than other penny auction sites.. I won an item using tips found on youtube.

mary_01 Sep 08, 2012

this also happened to me just now... got charge an unauthorize amount of 99$

• Ho
    hopkinstuber Oct 25, 2012

Signup is absolutely free on Zbiddy. You missed out something. Kindly check with Zbiddy customer support.

• Ho
    hopkinstuber Oct 25, 2012

Every penny auction site works that way. Zbiddy.com is a legit site and the registration on the website is free. To purchase your bids, you will be required to pay $0.60 per bid and the bids come in packs of all sizes. Every bid placed on the auction will add couple of seconds to the timer. It is advisable to read the website's terms and conditions thoroughly prior to choosing to participate.

jojojuly81 Nov 12, 2012

sight is a ripoff charged me 99.00 right away .
    no e-mails and no refund showing up !
    stay away from this sight!

• Cc
    CC06 Nov 16, 2012

I wish I would have checked out this site before I registered on Zbiddy. I was just taken for 99.00 as well. When they asked for a credit card # I thought it would be like ebay I would only be charged if I won the bid. I was never asked if I wanted to buy tokens for a bid, it simply stated free registration. Who pays 99.00 and get nothing in return. So if there are a 100 bids on a kindle fire they basically get over 10, 000.00 for that one kindle and no one is guaranteed to win because the time keeps resetting..That is BS## This should be illegal. I am contacting my news channel troubleshooter hotline to report this company. Everyone should know about their fraudulent practices.

• Ei
    Eileen Kern Nov 17, 2012

This SUCKS

• Cy
    cynthiaa Nov 20, 2012

i was charged 99 too, and they insist it's non refundable !!!

• Gl
    Glez. Feb 10, 2013

Same happened to me. I just wanted to register to checked it up. But as the other people they charge me $119--. Called them but they told me they couldn't give me my money back instead they gave me a $500-- in shopping coupons. So I was very mad but for some reason they are doing that. So my best advice if you want just to view this website be aware that you will be charge an amount that they want just to see the auctions. Too bad!!

• Qu
    queenb4801 Jul 06, 2013

I tried calling the customer service they provide it keeps coming up as number disconnected so does anyone have a different number for them.

• Ll
    llewxam Dec 24, 2013

these people are simply crooks with high technology backing them up, along with slick terms and conditions that one would need to read inorder to see their underhanded scheme to commit fraud ... i guess its always easier to steal for a living than to work a business honestly. Don't worry people, what goes around, comes around... they will get theirs eventually in the end...i promise.

• Ha
    halfwit Feb 23, 2014

Same thing happened to me!
    I am so angry. I just emailed them and told them to block me from Z-biddy- this is total BS

Why is someone doing something about this site?

• Ha
    halfwit Feb 27, 2014

They did the same to me and I am fighting to get it back. Called a "losing battle"