Zbiddy.comCharged for package

J

I registered for Zbiddy Online Auctions to look around at the auction site and products. What I didn't realize is that right after you enter your name and email to register, another pop-up asks for your credit card information. I thought this was part of the registration process and my credit card would only be charged if I bid on an auction. However that's not the case, they charged my credit card for $99.00 package.

I tried to resolve this by calling their customer service department, however they said I authorized the package purchase even if I didn't realize it and than ALL PURCHASES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. That is what I want all users to take away from this post... ALL PURCHASES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

The customer service department offered a $100.00 gas card that would require me to mail in all my gas receipts to get reimbursed. I declined and I am pursuing an formal investigation through my Discover account.

Buyer beware.

• Ca
    CarlosNieves Mar 06, 2012

Same thing happened to me just this weekend! I did not approve them to charge my credit card 99 dollars for a 250 bidds package. I was not told of the cost or anything for that fact. I thought it was part of the sign up process. Now Im getting my credit card to dispute the charge and not use the bidds. All because I wanted to buy a cheap xbox 360! :(

• Ca
    CarlosNieves Mar 06, 2012

I do not like the fact that they take 99 dollars without telling you they will charge your creditcard for just signing up with the basic information. There was no notice of what you will pay for the package of bidds. and now it is not refundable by them so I have to get a Dispute from the credit card. makes me sad because all I wanted was an Xbox360

• officialzbiddy Mar 27, 2012

ZBiddy is proud to operate a Customer Service Desk that can be reached at [protected] Monday thru Saturday from 8am to 12am EST. One of our friendly agents is in place to assist you with any concerns that you have.

John S. Roberts Apr 30, 2012

I am kinda confused. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.

• Re
    Reviewscams1 Jun 01, 2012

I purchased several bid packages on zbiddy but never got any unauthorized charge in my account. I trust zbiddy.

• Ka
    Kathy Hen Sep 03, 2012

I don't know much about other penny auction sites but myself have won several auctions at Zbiddy.com and it is a genuine penny auction site.

• Ha
    hansiedave Oct 20, 2012

Nice to see Zbiddy.com, a legit penny auction website vs all those scam penny auction websites.

joedias Oct 24, 2012

It is common among all penny auction sites that the bid packages are non refundable.

• samanthalawrence Oct 25, 2012

Won some amazing aucitons at Zbiddy.com, hands down my best site so far

• Al
    Alvin don Feb 28, 2013

Zbiddy never charges without confirmation.you might have hit the button for bid packages.

• Al
    alfredmarshalll Feb 28, 2013

They never charge without confirmation, you are only charged for buying bid packages and registration is free on the site.

christopherjacob May 04, 2013

"zbiddy is a penny auction, which means you pay each time you bid, and the last bidder gets the item. The opportunity to win products at a discount is very real; in most cases, the winning bidder pays a fraction of the item's retail cost. You just have to be smart about when and how you bid since each bid has monetary value.
    The complaints most people have is that they didn't know they were being charged when they signed up and bought bids. If you check out zbiddy's website, it's obvious that you have to buy a bid package before you can bid on any items, so it's really the complaints are illegitimate - not zbiddy. "