Zalesbad customer service and repair

M

I'm at my wits end with my diamond engagement ring from Zales. My fiance bought me a 2,100 dollars engagement ring from them in December 2005. Then in February 2006 the main diamond fell out somewhere (I was in the shower and I caught a glimpse of my hand and there was a big empty setting) so I brought it back to Zales where they told me it would be ready in 2 weeks. They "fixed" it and I got it back a month later from them and they had put a yellow-tinted diamond in it's place!!! So once again I gave it to them to fix, then a couple weeks later when I picked it up they had replaced the diamond again but this time it was with a smaller cloudy diamond that was cut slightly different. On top of that, the engraving was all buffed away and only visible on the edges. You can imagine by this time my fiance was livid. I was depressed and he was ready to strangle someone. The woman working at Zales had the nerve to say "every diamond is unique and fragile, if you look at it from far away it matches good enough." Long story short, my fiance got very angry, demanded they replace my ring straight from the manufacture with a brand new ring, and I got it almost 2 months later. Which brings us to present day, about a week ago I look down at my ring and BAM another diamond has fallen out. I'm going to Zales sometime this week, I don't want them to fix it because I know they'll mess it up. I don't want them to order me a new ring because that'll mean a month or more with no ring. I don't know what to do. They told us the last time we went there that they have an engagement ring upgrade service where if they have a ring you like thats double the price of your ring, you can trade your ring in, pay the difference, and get the new ring. It's all a scam to get more money out of you. Keep buying the warranty to get your ring repeatedly fixed or buy a new ring from them (which no doubt will probably break as well).

Store details: Zales Bridgewater Mall, Bridgewater, NJ.

• Sp
    spiel1109 Dec 22, 2017

Zales in Eau Claire wI is really terrible. they had my wedding ring for over 2 months. no one had any answers. they acted like it was a bother to talk to me about it. When i finally got the ring back the center diamond was not the same diamond. I told them to fix it. They showed me all these lower quality diamonds! I bought a genuine mothers ring. when i took the ring in for inspection they told me i didnt buy the ring with them. there was nothing in the system showing i bought it there. a anyone who shops with zales knows when they resize a ring the shank is so thin!!! I told them to fix it it was bending! i was told this is all they will do with it she bent it around a ring sizer. diamond earrings one of the post was bent same thing... they bent it back by hand! took a ring i ordered off line into the store to get the protection plan. was told we can do that here u have to call a number. i did they told mme the store has to do it. and i still have no protection plan. and of course my bumb a.. ordered a mother ring for my mother. 23 days ago still havent recieved that. After spending 10 of thousands of dallors with Zales u would think they would want to keep me as a customer. There sales associates are rude, i'm better than you, bit... Im done with zales. during all of this i have learned Zales uses the cheapest repair companys if thats what they are that they can get. they switch them like we do our socks. that is one of the reasons the jewelry takes so long. But hello zales Thats not our problem THATS YOURS!! Im done with Zales if you are smart DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

• Lo
    Lori L. Gaunt Apr 17, 2017

I am extremely unhappy with them!I took my 3 carat diamond ring in to have the prongs rebuilt and wanted insurance on it.The day after this was "done" My diamond fell out and I called them to get it replaced and they never put any insurance on it and all they did was air press it!It was an inherited ring and could never afford to buy one but now I have nothing because of their service!

• Ke
    Kesha-Mc Dec 24, 2016

Your "sizing" and repair center are a disappointment and something that needs to be repaired itself. I believe that it should be an expectation that when I bring something to you to be sized, that it should come back to me in just as perfect condition(if not better) as I brought it to you in.

I brought my engagement and wedding bands in to be sized on 10/31/16. When I was called to pick on 10/28 and happily picked them up without thinking that I needed to check the shape of the bands themselves, just that they fit. They had also been kept a few extra days because "they had felt like something was not quite right, and they wanted to make sure that they were perfect ". Two days later I had been noticing that my engagement ring felt a little odd, so I took it off and started looking at it closely and noticed that the band was shaped badly, 2 of my diamonds were dark, and the inscribed words inside had been rubbed down to completely illegible and so faint that could hardly even tell that there was even supposed to be something there. This was on Wednesday 11/30/16, 3 days before I was leaving on a trip to where our destination wedding will be in 2018. I took my engagement ring back to The Shops at Willow Bend Mall store location. They ageed to drive it over to the servicing center in Irving the next morning to be repaired. I still had to go home and check my wedding band, which other than being tried on, has never even been worn. Of course is shaped just as badly as the engagement ring and also had some discolored diamonds, so I had to drive it all the way back to the mall that night so that it could be taken back for repair as well. On Friday December 2, I was called and told that my rings were ready for pick up. So I went back to the store and found them just as badly shaped as they were in the first place. The diamonds were clear again and the inscribed words inside were redone but not very well, however they were too small now. It took me a good while to get them over my knuckle, so with any swelling of my fingers I would have not been able to get them off of my finger. This was extremely upsetting to me, I was leaving out of the country the next morning at 6am and we were having engagement pictures taken at our future wedding location. This meant no pictures with my ring in them. The store manager suggested that we just take it and wear it for the pictures. There was no way that I am traveling to Mexico and leaving my ring that is worth several thousand dollars in an unknown safe and not under my watch. Nevermind the fact that while I was there my body retained so much water due to the salt in the air that my fingers were so swollen that had I been lucky enough to get the ring on my finger, I would have most likely had to have had it cut off of my finger. End result was no engagement pictures with my ring.

After returning from our trip, I brought my rings back to the store(on 12/14) to have them once again sent off to be fixed. This time the instructions were supposedly specific about what needed to be done. Because come to find out that had not been done on the previous repair orders, the previous instructions were vague and had nothing to do with what was actually wrong with them. That upset me even more, I felt like all my time had been wasted and my concerns had not even been heard.

Today I went back to pick up my rings after calling and being assured that they were perfect. As soon as they were pulled out of the bag, I could already see that the shape was still not right. The lady showing me the rings measured the width of the bands and of course each side is a different thickness. Now, yet again they are being sent back to your servicing center to be repaired. I expressed my concerns that I have absolutely no trust in their capabilities in being able to make my rings right and that I really didn't even want that to happen. However, what other choice do I have. I am most certainly NOT going to take them somewhere else and pay money out of my pocket to fix something that is no way my fault. Especially when my fiancee paid for the warranty through Zales. With the warranty being through Zales, I am pretty certain that if I had another jeweler make repairs on them it would void your warranty. I had already had to pay $300 out of my pocket to have an appraisal completed on them just to be able to insure them. This was because you apparently do not provide an appraisal on all of your diamonds that are doldrums from your store.

While in the store today, the manager knew that I was there and was not assisting anyone, but neglected to come over and try to smooth out the issue. She knew that I was extremely upset and crying in your store. The lady helping me had gone to her several times for assistance about the issue. She chose to stand by the counter on the other side of the store so and looking the other direction. I had to go over to her on my way out of the store to inquire about what was going to be done about the situation. She just told me that they are aware of issues coming out of the servicing and repair dept and that she had even had issues with her own personal jewelry. She ensured me that she had already spoken with her district manager about it and that he was personally taking them over on Monday and was staying with them until they were fixed to make sure they were right. I find this a little perplexing, since I had been reassured on the phone that they were right this time only to get there and find out that this is not the case and the whole time that I was in the store she was not on the phone once. The only options that I have on my mind are 1). She knew that they were not right before I got there And had already spoken with the district manager about it or (2) She lied to me. If she did already know that they were not right, why wouldn't she call me and say that she inspected them again just didn't think they were right and was going to send them back? Was she just hoping that I wouldn't notice? Either way, I am extremely insulted and continuing to get more upset. It may not seem like a big deal to some people and they may not be the most expensive rings in your store, but it is a huge deal to me and they are certainly not anywhere near the cheapest rings that you sell. I only wanted to get married one time so I waited 28 years for this wonderful man to come into my life. Then I waited another 10 years for him to pop that big question. I have patiently waited for time to come to experience all of these wonderful things, and now as we are just starting to plan our big day and finally getting to experience the fun things that a bride-to-be gets to experience I am having to do it with an empty finger. I have already had to take my engagement pictures and meet my wedding planner with no ring, it is breaking my heart.

I have always heard wonderful things about Zales and I have been 100% happy with my rings(up until this point), they are absolutely beautiful and perfect for me. I just want them back to the way they were and back in my possession. I just don't know at this point what to do. I am extremely tired of being upset over this, it is really putting a dark clouds over planning the most exciting event of my life. I just want it made right.

• Co
    Corina Jagrosse Apr 18, 2016

My story is the same as everyone else. My boyfriend bought me a beautiful engagement ring. I had to get it resized. that took a month. 1 diamond fell out and the lady at the store told me that she would put it as 'rushed' got my ring back month and a half later. Noticed today that my ring yet again has another diamond missing. I am so mad. I called the zales store were the lady asked me if i kept up on my diamond commitment and been getting it fixed. I told her I havent even had the ring for 6 months. its been in repair more than its been on my finger. It's upsetting because I want to wear MY ring. By time I send this out again to have a new diamond replaced ill get it back and ill have to bring it back AGAIN to have the 6 month check they do. Will I ever be able to wear my ring?? Ive bought rings from pawn shops that have never once had a diamond fall out, now I go to an actual store with a warrenty I get the crappiest ring and service you could ever imagine!!!

• Po
    P'od customer Aug 04, 2015

Fiancé and I looked for rings after reading some of the complaints with sales I was a little leary about getting engagement rings from there. My fiancé purchased my engagement ring in February of 2015. He wanted to have it sized before he gave it to me but the sales person told him it wouldn't be back in time for him to give it to me. So after he gave it to me we sent it in to be sized which took almost 5 weeks!!! When I got it back I had only worn it two months before a stone fell out!! We sent it back in and was told it would be back in two weeks but have yet to get it back and it's been 7 weeks!!! Now I'm questioning the quality of the ring which is a shame because I love my ring and was so happy to get it!! We will not be purchasing anything else from them again!! And they can take the diamond commitment plan and shove it! They will not be getting us again!!! Please do not buy from zales!! Their jewelry is crap!! And takes forever to get a repair done!!

• Ga
    Galoda Aug 01, 2015

OMG! I wish i would've read all these reviews before i went to Zales! How is this company still in business!?!?!? My husband bought me a 1 c marquise diamond on a white gold band for an upgrade to my original wedding set, which was yellow gold. So i brought my new and original set into Zales to have them make me a white gold band that has 2 of my original diamonds put onto it, have the two new rings soldered together and have the size changed. Now, I was already irritated at the cost they quoted me. So i said i didn't want it. They called me back and said if I opened a Zales account then they would take 25% off, which i felt was more reasonable. So, TWO MONTHS later my ring finally comes back. I have no idea what its gonna look like, because i never saw a picture, the jeweler never asked if that was what i wanted or anything, and when it arrives, my new band is yellow gold!!! What kind of jeweler would wanted a yellow gold band to go with my white gold one!?!? It looked ridiculous. But what does the salesman say to me? He tells me that now i could wear yellow gold earrings or a bracelet and my set would coordinate with my rings!! OMG!! Then he says, well we can just dip the yellow gold in white gold coating. I flipped out!! I told him under no circumstances do i want that ring and to send it back!! So, now i wait another month (this is now 3 months without my rings), and when it comes in the salesman says he wants to send it back for an "adjustment", because he has high standards and wants my ring perfect. I said what kind of "adjustment"? He tells me that a diamond was crooked. WTF? Any jeweler that takes any pride in custom made jewelry would NEVER make a ring with a crooked diamond. I am so disgusted. I finally got my rings. Yes they are beautiful because my diamonds are beautiful. But if the jeweler would've consulted with me on a style that we agreed on i would've had a couple of things done differently. I will never recommend Zales for custom made jewelry to anyone!!thiwwanted a yellow gold band to go with my white gold one!?!? It looked ridiculous. But what does the salesman say to me? He tells me that now i could wear yellow gold earrings or a bracelet and my set would coordinate with my rings!! OMG!! Then he says, well we can just dip the yellow gold in white gold coating. I flipped out!! I told him under no circumstances do i want that ring and to send it back!! So, now i wait another month (this is now 3 months without my rings), and when it comes in the salesman says he wants to send it back for an "adjustment", because he has high standards and wants my ring perfect. I said what kind of "adjustment"? He tells me that a diamond was crooked. WTF? Any jeweler that takes any pride in custom made jewelry would NEVER make a ring with a crooked diamond. I am so disgusted. I finally got my rings. Yes they are beautiful because my diamonds are beautiful. But if the jeweler would've consulted with me on a style that we agreed on i would've had a couple of things done differently. I will never recommend Zales for custom made jewelry to anyone!!ted a yellow gold band to go with my white gold one!?!? It looked ridiculous. But what does the salesman say to me? He tells me that now i could wear yellow gold earrings or a bracelet and my set would coordinate with my rings!! OMG!! Then he says, well we can just dip the yellow gold in white gold coating. I flipped out!! I told him under no circumstances do i want that ring and to send it back!! So, now i wait another month (this is now 3 months without my rings), and when it comes in the salesman says he wants to send it back for an "adjustment", because he has high standards and wants my ring perfect. I said what kind of "adjustment"? He tells me that a diamond was crooked. WTF? Any jeweler that takes any pride in custom made jewelry would NEVER make a ring with a crooked diamond. I am so disgusted. I finally got my rings. Yes they are beautiful because my diamonds are beautiful. But if the jeweler would've consulted with me on a style that we agreed on i would've had a couple of things done differently. I will never recommend Zales for custom made jewelry to anyone!!

• Br
    brandonn Mar 10, 2015

This same situation happened to me and I am not sure what to do. Zales sold me a believed to be real diamond ring on a white gold band. We later found out over 3 months later that it was a fake diamond in a silver band. Now zales is being uncooperative and I am unsure of what to do. My wife is embarrassed and I feel like I got ripped off. They completely lied to me and the ring was advertised as a genuine diamond on a white gold band.

• Ca
    Cassie218 Dec 01, 2014

My boyfriend and I went into our local Zales to look for an engagement ring. We're young and expecting our first baby. We explained our budget to the sales lady who obviously didn't listen. The first ring she had me try on was 4 times our budget. I tried on another ring that was closer to our budget but with the tax and $120 warranty it was still over our budget. The salesperson was trying to push rings on us that we couldn't afford, then offered us an application for credit. We told her that if we couldn't pay cash we didn't want the ring. It was only when we were about to leave that she finally showed us rings in our budget. i was told it would take 2 weeks to size my ring, so my boyfriend planned a proposal for Thanksgiving since we would be surrounded by family. Well its been a month now and no ring. Each time we call they just lie and give another date then that date rolls around, we call again, still no ring

• Ry
    ryan peters Nov 29, 2014

u know after reading all this and relating it to my own case, lied to didn't get them when promised, and lied about the price compare to black fri, i was straight up ripped off, i could have waided until black fri and got 1/2 off on all of them, after all I didn't get before thanksgiving as promised, what person would pay full price to get them before thanksgiving if they wasn't going to get them, now I have to also worry how long before dimonds fall out, whoo what a lesson learnt

• Ry
    ryan peters Nov 29, 2014

me and my wife r having same problem, i don t even have energy to complain, they lied to me and the rings have been in repair in progress, was suppose to have ring before thanksgiving, notta, if I knew they would lie I would have just waited until black fri and got them all 1/2 price wow what a rip off

• Lf
    L. F. Jun 16, 2014

Zales is awful! Back in December 2013 I brought a watch into the Zales Dulles Town Center location in Sterling, Virginia to have the battery replaced. I paid $15.00 to send it in to be evaluated. I signed and authorized the insurance claim should the watch be lost and listed the value at $100 (unfortunately I've now discovered that it was worth far more). Over a month later I call in asking what happened to my watch. After some phone calls I find out that it has been evaluated and would cost over $400 to fix it. There was no way I was going to pay that so I asked them to send it back to me in Arizona where I wanted to pick it up. Several more weeks pass with no contact from Zales so I call customer service to get some answers. The woman on the phone said they couldn't find where the watch was but that I would get a call when they found it. I ask for a refund of the $15 and she says that it would be mailed to me. The confirmation number for that refund is 545859. Another month passes with no communication from Zales, or my $15.00 refund. I call back in April asking again where my watch is and the clerk at the Dulles location tells me the watch had been picked up from their store. I explain that that is impossible because I had since moved to Arizona and had even requested months ago to have it sent to Arizona. I ask to discuss the matter with the manager, Kate, and am told she would call me back when she was next in the store. After playing phone tag I finally find out from Kate what her explanation is. She claims that their computer system registers that the watch was picked up but there is no signature for the pickup. At this point I am more than furious. I then request to be reimbursed for my watch and she says she will start working on that process. It has been nearly 3 weeks since she started the insurance claim process and she is still waiting for "higher up's" to approve the request. There is something fundamentally wrong with the setup of Zales - communication between customer, representative and even among representatives themselves is painstakingly slow, muddled, and often erroneous or non-existant!

• We
    Westchester County NY Apr 27, 2013

Zales is poor quality as are their employees, store managers and customer service becuase they are incompetent and have no pride. I will never purchase anything from Zales or have them do anything to any piece of jewlery I own. Zales is a joke, unprofessional and cheap. They lie, fail to provide quality in their jewlery and efforts to "fix" any jewlery. Zales needs to shut their doors because they are horrible and should not be in business.

matt quinlan Mar 02, 2013

zales sucks. i purchased a ring for my wife for v-day for a total of 1228.99, very poor service and not to write anovle about it, allthough i could, i returned it 2- days later o the 15th. and they said the 139.00 warranty was not refundable. so without getting myself in trouble i left and went a few doors down and purchased a new ring for here. to sum it up i have only been credited back 1089.99, and i dont expect them to credit 139.00. but i am going to the store and raise hell with them like they have never seen

• Fu
    futurehopenow Feb 20, 2013

the song is TERRIBLY ANNOYING!

• Ju
    Justin 4900 Jan 20, 2013

Do not shop at Zale's. Worst customer service ever!! They double charged my account and have still not refunded my money. Zales should change there name to ###s.

• Di
    Disgusted in Jersey Oct 11, 2012

Wish my bf and I read these reviews before he purchased my ring. He spent $1300.00 on a Diamond Ring. I took the ring back to the store to be resized. The ring that I got back was not the same. Some of the Diamonds were gray and not of equal size. The welght of the ring was even different and it was hollow. My bf advised the employee the ring is not the one he had purchased. He poionted out the color of the diamonds which she stated it was probably from the hand lotions and the cleaning. I only wore the ring at most 3 tilmes. I keep it in my safe in its box. When he attempted to get his money back she told him there is nothing they can do. I will never buy anything from zales again and I will tell all my friends and family not to buy anything from Zales . Maybe everyone who has had problems with Zales should let there local newspapers know the tyhpe of treatment we all have received at the hands of Zales. My rilng was purchased at the Zales Store at the Monmouth MALL in Eatontown, NJ.

• Je
    Jean Lackey Sep 06, 2012

I took my opal ring to the Zales Outlet store in the Round Rock Outlet Mall in Round Rock Tx about two weeks ago. They called and said they could repair it and the cost wold be $125 which I thought was very fair since the ring is 40 years old.A few days later they called and said the repair person chose not to do the repairs because the gold was so fragile. They kept in constant touch with me by phone and even though they couldnt repair it they were very professional and said I might want to take it somewhere and see if it could be repaired.I got the ring back with no expense on my part. The store and people I dealt with were very nice and very professional. I was of course disappointed it couldnt be repaired but they were honest with me. I had no problems with this store or store personnel. I would recomend shopping there

• Ca
    carlos001 Aug 07, 2012

I was on a two year, no interest, payment plan for the wedding rings I had purchased. On June 5, 2012 my balance for the rings was a little over $300 dollars. Come August 6 2012, the balance had sky rocketed to $1, 024.63. I called costumer service and was told that the full balance had to be paid within two years or the accumulated interest would be charged to my account. I explained that it was simply a miss understanding and if we could just negotiate a deal that would bring down the balance, I would be more than happy to pay the remaining balance in full. To my dismay the customer service representative politely told me there was nothing he could do. I then asked to speak with a manager. Five minutes later a female manager picked up the line. I explained the situation to her and asked for help to resolve the matter. The manager responded in a rude and disrespectful tone (as if I was wasting her time) that this was my fault, there was nothing she could do, and I would have to pay the full amount. I was embarrassed. I then asked this horrible woman if she thought it was fair that a loyal costumer of two years who has never missed a payment should have to pay this outrageous price without any kind of help what so ever. She simply responded “yes it is”. There are no words to explain how horrible your costumer service made me feel. That same day I paid the full amount at my local Zales store. The only good side to this story is I have wiped my hands clean of ever having to deal with you again. Today, social media is an enormous tool for a consumer to spread information about unfair practices made by merchandise companies. I will be sure to use this tool, to see that no friend, family member or social media follower goes to Zales for their jewelry needs, it’s just not worth it.

• Ha
    Had enough with them Jul 09, 2012

My ring went in to have a new setting and cleaning done and when I went in to pick it up three weeks later I couldn't believe what I saw. My ring was completely polished so much that it took the inlaying out and now my ring is oval instead of round. They cut out the inside of the gold that is around the inside of my finger so now my wide band ring is a thin band ring, cute huh. They basically destroyed my $3500.00 wedding ring which by the way was originally purchased by them. Oh ya I too had to had a new setting because I almost lost my diamond. I will never ever go there or buy anything from them again.

• Pa
    Padoxiegirl Jun 04, 2012

AGREED! My fiancee proposed in December and I have had my ring in twice because stones fell out of the top and the side. Our wedding is in October of this year, 4 months away! and my ring has been in the shop more than it's been on my finger before it even made it to the first inspection. If it happens again I'm insisting on a replacement or a refund. I'm not exactly playing hockey with the thing on. It is normal day to day wear. My fiancee feels terrible because he thinks he bought me a crappy ring. The ring is beautiful but the craftmanship is total crap. Guys do not buy your rings there! I will never buy anything from them again.

• Je
    jennicole Mar 20, 2012

My fiance bought my engagement ring in July 2011. He proposed mid July while we were on a two weeks vacation. I love the ring, but after looking at it closely it does not seem to be a perfect square. The ring has a princess cut diamond that is surrounded by round diamonds, but others around me convinced me that my eyes were playing a trick on me. So, I let it go and went on loving my ring.
    During the two weeks vacation, I barely wore the ring since we were in the ocean and it was not correctly sized yet (didn't want it slipping off!) I wore it only out to dinners and around the house. At the end of the two weeks when we get home, I notice there is a crack in the band--where it looks like one of those cracker jack box adjustable prize rings!!! I took it back to Zales and the gentleman tells me that it sometimes happens when a ring is re-sized and that its a quick fix. Then he sees the purchase date on the receipt and is in shock that it happened already. Well which is it???... Is it common that it happens or shocking that it did?! They did get my ring back to me my the promise date.
    Fast forward 7 months and I am in a different jewelry store; they offer to clean my ring for me while I shop around. The lady there comes up to me and says she can not clean my ring because there are two loose stones on the band and the center/surrounding diamonds are crooked and not a perfect square. They did not want to chance ruining my ring. Well, I was in a mall and marched right over to Zales to address these issues. The SAME gentleman that helped me before (and inspected my ring the month prior) told me there were not loose diamonds and that if the ring was not a perfect square it was because of the mold that the jeweler used. He then tells me it is only noticeable if you really examine the ring and to not worry about it! At this point I am livid, I have a ring that cracked within the first month and that was not made properly. He said he would send it back to the jeweler and he could either file down the part that is making it look off, but that would make it weaker, or they would build up the other sides to make it look even which would make it look bulky.
    We have the warranty where you can exchange but have to purchase something twice as much, but why would we want to buy a ring twice the price if the original ring is so poorly.
    My ring is currently with the jeweler and they wouldn't give me the promise date for return...I am so nervous to see what I get back :(

JAMES A. E. HEBBARD Feb 13, 2012

i read about peoples problems, well beat this . now keep in mind i have the orginal bill off purchase and the original receipt showing pain in full . for several years now i, ve been harassed by collection agencies . this morning i got another saying the bill was never paid ( KEEP IN MIND NOW I GOT THE ORIGINAL RECEIPTS ) I, VE CALLED ZALES AND THOSE PIGS WOULDN, T EVENGIVE ME THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE NUMBER OR A FAX NUMBER SO I COULD SEND THEM PROOF . PEOPLE DO NOT DEAL WITH THOSE THIEFS THERE CALLED ZALES, PEOPLES AND MAPPINS . IF ANY ONE HAS A IDEAL WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT TO CLEAR UP THIS MESS .

• Mi
    mindyjo Feb 06, 2012

I have had my ring for 8 months the diamond fell out 2X before the wedding, we were only engaged for 3 months, and one time after. They replaced the ring made to my ring size. 2 weeks and another diamond has fallen out. This is the first real jewery I have ever had. Such a horrible experience. I so hope tomorrow when I go in they will just give me my money back in full refund so I can go to a real store and get a ring I can wear it seem like its with them as much as me!

• Me
    metza102 Jan 13, 2012

Where can you file a compaint on Zales if you have gone threw all the neccesary steps and they still have no resolved the issue that was there fault to begin with?

• Al
    alyssak Dec 30, 2011

My boyfriend bought me two rings for our anniversary because I couldn't chose between the two. I had to get both re-sized. I had an emerald and a amethyst, both rings $300 each. When I went to Zales, first the girl couldn't spell my name right after i spelled it out four times. I got a call around 3 weeks later saying my amethyst ring was back, but the manager didn't kindly mention that my emerald ring was not in yet. again 3 weeks passed after i got one ring back. no call. I decided to call them, after two days no one was answering my questions, i was tolled someone will call me back. no call. I finally had enough of this and I called one last time before I went in the store and strangled someone. the computers and down great. the manager said she will call me back. no call. finally i went in the store, the manager had the nerve to give me an attitude telling me that she had a bad day because the computers where down. i told her thats not my problem where is my ring. long story short i ended up telling her off. the next day my ring magically appears in the "wrong place" NEVER GOING TO ZALES AGAIN!!!

• So
    son023 Dec 16, 2011

Last week, I went to a Zales store to purchase a necklace as a birthday gift for my mother. It was a supposed to be a personalized necklace with her grandchildren’s names engraved on it. The sales person rushed the whole sale. She was rude and kept cutting me off while I was explaining what I wanted.

She said that it would be ready in 7 business days and that someone would call me to come pick it up. When no one called me back I called back and they said that they couldn’t find my order and that I would have to come down to the Zales.

I arrived at the store and showed them my copy of the order receipt. They were able to find it and brought it out to me. I was so ready to just get out of there but I looked at the necklace and two of the three names were spelled wrong! The sales person said that it wasn’t their fault and they make sure they don’t make mistakes.

Finally, I asked for a manager and she said that she could get it fixed for me in two days. I just wanted my money back at that point. They were reluctant at first and kept trying to sway to just get it fixed. I was there for an hour!
    This experience has been exhausting and I couldn’t believe the customer service.

JoeFixIt Feb 11, 2011

I have just had my bad experience with Zales. It is a shame that their customer service treats you as if you are the bad guy. I will never do business with Zales or any of their subsidiaries. You are better off dealing with your local independent jewler.

• Lr
    Lrodrz05 Feb 09, 2011

They are the worse in customers service. My fiance brought me online an engagement ring and after 5 days the send and email telling the order was canceled. We called to see what other options we had. Until today!! after one moth the never call us back. We are the ones that call all the time. They are rude, unprossional good for NOTHIN! We finally got a amazing Ring from Overstock.com! they are the Best of the Best!!! Please don't waist you time or energy for a "company" that doesn't know how to treat humans!! We would NEVER EVER call the or buy anything from them.

• Af
    afarr1220 Dec 22, 2010

my boyfriend got me a ring and a bracelet from zales for christmas and our anniversary. my bracelet has something wrong with the clasp and it does not latch in like a bracelet is supposed to. the only thing holding it on is the safety...but the safety is supposed to be a back up only not the only thing holding it on my wrist. i brought it to the attention of 3 zales employees and all they told me was that since its silver, silver is soft and i just had to be careful with it and then 2 sales women went on trying to tell me how to put a bracelet on like i was an idiot. and my ring is a whole other story. when it was purchased it had to be sent out to be stretched one size and the lady who put in the order apparently messed up the paperwork and it was not returned in time and when my boyfriend called to inquire the snotty sales lady said that she didnt know why the woman who put the order in did it the way she did but she no longer worked there...it was beautiful when i finally got it a week later but now after having it for 8 days the whole silver band is turing colors like its stainless steel that is tarnishing.

• Za
    zalessucks Nov 22, 2010

I hate zales!!! I sent a ring to be cleaned and it is taking them 5 weeks to do so! I think they lost my ring and are now [censor]ting me! I am calling the corporate, RIDICULOUS!

• St
    Stang 2011 Nov 12, 2010

From a former jewelry store employee- No, Diamonds don't just fall out!!! My advise is if you are going to purchase any new Jewelry, check all of the prongs in the store before you make the purchase and check for loose stones. It sometimes happens that the manufacture may have overlooked a stone during the quality check before it was sent to Zales warehouse. Zales does not make the Jewelry, they get it from different manufactures around the world some of which other Jewelry stores use as well. If you do check them, then you know that the stones are secure. Then, if a Diamond falls out, you know that it must have been from something that you did. I would invest in a jewelers loop (very cheap) and use it daily when you are wearing it. Then if you notice any loose stones, report them ASAP before a stone falls out. Prongs made with gold are very soft and can bend easily. Just be careful with your nice stuff and if you go out on the town, or wanna play rough, wear some fake cheap stuff!!!

• St
    Stang 2011 Nov 12, 2010

I used to work at Zales. I was employed there for over 19 Years. The company is doing horrible, they treat everyone like s**t, and it is the worst place to work in the world!! They used to be ok, but went through some major management changes last year in 2009. I was fired after being lied to, made to look like I was breaking company policy, and am now working on a lawsuit against them. I hope the company rots in hell for how they treat their people and customers!!!

Kim Lapara David Oct 22, 2010

ZALES JEWELERS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF.
    Buy wholesale fm Helen Brent Shows...
    Ebay is better than Zales !

Kim Lapara David Oct 22, 2010

Bought 11ct diamond bracelet, it broke.
    Zales wants $300 to sawder a pin.
    Insulting & a total Rip Off !
    DO NOT BUY FM ZALES...
    WHERE IS DANIEL GARCIA CEO?

Kim Lapara David Oct 22, 2010

Bought 11ct diamond bracelet, it broke.
    They want $300 to sawder a pin.
    Zales is a total rip off.
    Their jewelry is junk.

• Ke
    kevin e kelly Jul 15, 2010

I have worked for zale for 10 years and i can say without a doubt and without exception that the company is adamant that every complaint be taken seriously and resolved regardless of cost to the firm. our service is the best. returns are 100 days and if u paid cash we dont carry that much cash daily so a home office check takes 3 to 4 days NOT weeks. I have 40 years experience and its a pleasure to work for a firm that i can "make it right for the customer" every time and not even have to ask the home office because i know thats what they want. every day i make people happy and very very very few ever need our unsurpassed warranties. the next time you have a problem feel free to stop in to the galleria mall in ft lauderdale and ask for me---Kevin-- I love making it right the Zale way!!!

• Nj
    njgirl1 Jun 16, 2010

I agree and sympathize with everyone listed above to a point. First of all, you are dealing with a corporate entity that has set policy for all of its stores to follow. As much as a sales associate would like to help in any way, his or hands are tied to policy. Zales diamond bond policy requires the store to replace a missing diamond of equal or better quality provided you have brought your jewelry in for its regular 6 month inspections AND you have not had the ring altered by any other jeweler. Zales cannot take responsibility once another jeweler has touched it!! Also, please remember all jewelry is subject to problems. Just because you buy a piece from one jeweler and have no problems, doesn't mean that other customers haven't had problems with that same jeweler. It all depends on the piece and how hard you are on your jewelry. I know you don't want to hear this, but that's the way it is. I am sure many people have the same negative experiences with any other chain of jewelers. Smaller, independent jewelers have more leeway in their customer service policies and may be able to accomodate you a little better. In the end, buyer beware, always... Make sure you read the fine print. Too many people get upset when they purchase a ring, wear it for 2 years, never have it inspected, and expect Zales to replace the missing diamond. Also, the jewelry protection plans that are sold are not a scam. Like I said, all jewelry needs maintenance at some time unless you keep it locked up in a safe. People don't realize how expensive the repairs are. Not all sales people at Zales are rude. It's just the rude and ignorant ones that get noticed. I have worked for a couple of jewelry retailers, including Gordon's, a Zale sister store and have always done my best to provide great customer service. I am one of the few who actually make sure my clients are aware of our guidelines prior to making that big investment. Even I make sure to purchase a protection plan and have my jewelry regularly inspected. Even I am subject to the same rules.

• Kr
    Krazie-K Jun 14, 2010

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who is completely regretting buying from Zales!

When I picked it out, it was exactly what I was looking for - I was completely smitten with the bridal set we purchased. But, of course, the love quickly faded. After a few months, my prongs became crooked, but I figured it was because I still wasn't used to the height of it so I chalked it up to my error. We took it to get fixed, but it looked the same as when it was sent in. The lady who took the ring from my fiance said that it was a good thing we brought it in and that it was be quickly fixed, which it was returned in a reasonable time - however, when we got the ring back it looked exactly the same. My fiance inquired to the employee that it looked exactly the same as when he brought it in, and she said that the ring was fine - but let me tell you, it wasn't! We bought the ring at the Zales located in Rockford, Illinois (Cherryvale Mall) but figured that since we went to school near Dubuque, Iowa that we would take it to that Zales. That trip was successful (seemed to take forever though), the prongs were set correctly (on the diamond) but the diamond and prongs are now on a slant.

After my first experience of the prongs, I am very careful with my ring (not showering with it, dishes, etc.) Unfortunately, that hasn't help because just yesterday I was putting in my earrings and noticed that I could hear my diamond loose in the prongs. I am beyond angry, because I don't want to have my ring sent in a third time. My ring has been re-dipped once already, they did that when I sent it through Rockford, I'm not sure as to how that procedure is completed, but my diamonds on the side of my ring are partly covered.

I'm not happy, and regret not doing my homework prior to purchasing. I truly feel as though my fiance wasted his money. It hurts knowing that the "symbol of his love" has caused me this much pain. He is an amazing man, but my ring doesn't show it. Although I did not previously mention this - my center stone is cracked in the middle, but, that was my error for not noticing it. Also, the selling employee lied to us, telling us it was indeed a 2 Carat TW, but it is only 1.5.

I wish I could just return it, get our money back - and go to somewhere more reputable.

I can only hope that if you are considering Zales, you learn from my mistake and do your homework so that you will always have good memories tied to your most important piece of jewelry.

-JoAnne

• Se
    SEASMITH Jun 09, 2010

I too have a tons of problems with my engagement ring. We bought it from an individual who gave us all the paperwork and warranty info. I purchased a warranty in my name. I got this ring on September 19, 2009. Today is June 9, 2010 and I have had FIVE diamonds fall out. After the first 3 times I started blaming myself thinking I was too rough on it. I got in back in March from its 3rd repair. Since then I have taken it off to clean, cook, do dishes, shower, ect and 2 more have fallen out! The people at Zales said that b/c I had to have it sized down from a 6 to a 5 that that is why they fall out. I asked if I could simply exchange my ring for one in a size 5 and they said no, the ring was too old! I'm at the point where I want to get a new ring from another store!

• Po
    porkchop25 Jun 02, 2010

hello this message is for zales jewelers customer service''

I was attempting to apply for your credit card, but only received an error message saying I had already applied and this application would not be processed. Well, I beg to differ. I have never applied for a credit card from Zales. And you just made sure I never will. Henceforth, I will go back o the jewelery store I usually go to. That would be Kay Jewelers.

thought you could use this honnest comment

regards