Yellow Blue MediaFraudulent business practice

I person from Yellow Blue Media called claiming I owed them $700+ for an internet listing on their site.
This is how their scam works. They collect your company data from Google's business listings. Then contact you stating you owe them money from several months ago, and want to know how you plan on paying for it.
They also ask you for all your contact information.

They insist that you agreed to their service and threaten you w/ collections. Also assuring you they have a tape recorded record of you agreeing to the service. Which they do not. Typical scam pressure people and pick up the low hanging fruit.

Do not give them any information

Have them mail you an invoice as that constitutes Mail Fraud

Contact your state attorney general's office and make a claim ASAP (most states have a web initiated form)
Contact US Department of Justice at http://www.usdoj.gov/contact-us.html and make a claim

Do this for not only your own protection but also that of others.

Time to stop this group of criminals for good

• Da
    dangro Sep 01, 2009

Got the call too - and make sure you ask the following - for their name (the guy wouldn't tell me) - and ask for the recorded conversation... once i did that he hung up on me.

• Ph
    Phelan TheLan Sep 10, 2009

I don't understand how you people feel this company could be a scam, sham, or conspiracy against you. Is it possible that maybe you or a coworker did infact place an order an you just feel that you have nothing better to do with your time but complain and dispute your obligations? I guess it is our right as Americans.

Phelan

• Ph
    Phelan TheLan Sep 10, 2009

Looks like they are out to get you..."sniff" ...YEP!

• Ed
    Edward Lui Sep 22, 2009

Called me too, I'm reporting to BBB and to Attorney's Generals office. Thanks.

• Es
    esaec75 Sep 22, 2009

Phelan, i smell ### too and its coming from your way.

• SPG Consultants Oct 02, 2009

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,

• Cr
    crookhooker Oct 02, 2009

Received the same call, and had no recollection of initiating service (I am the only employee of the business). They claimed to have a recording of the conversation, and their accounting department would call me back after looking into it. The manager I spoke with was Raymond Francis. They called from a Buffalo NY phone number, but said they were located in Nevada. I filed a claim with the Department of Justice.

• Pi
    pissedatscamers Oct 07, 2009

You are absolutely right. They calim I owe 700 some odd dollars. I have never see a shred of paper from these crooks. Nor have I ever heard of them untill they wanted money. I asked them for proof and they said they had a recording of me agreeing to the "plan" and when I said I wanted to hear it I was told that an accountant would call me back, they never did. I am filling a complaint as well.

• Ye
    yeahright! Oct 26, 2009

OK Phelan yeah right, more like "Felon"... get your spelling straight - you petty thieves aren't fooling me. We also filed a complaint. Here is a new number that the scammers at Yellow Blue Media are calling from: [protected] and in my opinion they are really stupid and don't even come close to actually making me believe that I owe them 700+ dollars! It was so badly done that I laughed at them, I honestly thought it was a friend playing a joke on me at first. Their verbage and mannerisms are very unprofessional. It's completely laughable that they expect results with that kind of behavior. Out of nowhere they called me a racist. Then they told me I was odd for calling them and demanding to know who they were and what they do after the above phone number showed up on my caller ID. They are just bizarre and very argumentative. They say strange things and when pressed for information they don't know how to answer! Didn't they practice before they decided to call up and try to scam people?! I hope nobody takes the bait, but unfortunately some trusting soul will. But hey if your standards are so low that you want to be a cheesy slimeball criminal for $700 knock yourself out. If I were going to be a criminal I would make it worth my while and be a real one. What a bunch of idiots. Whenever I am having a bad day I am going to call one of these numbers: [protected] or Janet at [protected] or the one listed above [protected] and I will just take my bad day out on them. I encourage everyone to do the same! What these people forget is that the moment they engage in illegal activity, they leave themselves no recourse of any kind in any situation stemming from their criminal activity. So yes we can safely call them and give them a hard time, because they are never going to call the authorities and say, "I failed miserably at my phone scam and now I am receiving harrassing phone calls." Again, what a bunch of idiots.

AllAbout Nov 15, 2009

Nov 2009...we received a phone call from Yellowbluemedia asking if we wanted to renew our online ad with them. I asked the girl if they were associated with Dex and she said no. So I said we have no ad with them then, because we only advertise via Dex and Names and Numbers. She insisted they have the authorization of my husband. I said no you don't because I know he does not agree to any other advertising than the ones I stated. She insisted she had his authorization. She then asked me if I wanted her to have it sent to me. I said YES. There was a pause. I asked if she had our mailing address, she said yes. I had to ASK what she showed. She told me what it was, and it was correct. So I said 'mail it to me then'. I asked for her name, which she gave me (if it was her name in fact). I asked for a phone number to call someone about this and she said she didn't have one, that when we received the authorization there would be a contact number on that. Well...2 weeks later and we have not received a thing from them! Instead I go online to check out their webpage and it's a very annoying webpage, the music. And then I find all kinds of complaints about them! That they are trying to rip people off! I too was told it we owed them $700 for the past year! Don't fall for it people!!!

• Jr
    J. Rowan Nov 16, 2009

I was also contacted by "Yellow Blue Media.com" which is a total scam on 11/16/09. The number that they called from [protected] is listed as being "Out of service / disconnected" when you attempt to call back, after they hang up on you when you ask to hear their "recording" of your consent for bogus advertising, which no one authorized. I would love to know how a number that they called from 10 seconds earlier, is mysteriously disconnected when you call back to yell at them. I appreciate the other number listed in the previous complaint, when I called it, someone who pretends to hardly speak English answers. I told them to cease and desist using my unauthorized company information on their scam of a website. There is even a lame scrolling banner on their "website" stating that their "servers have been compromised."
    This isn't going to be a valid excuse for a bad attempt at fraud and extortion.
    The only thing they have compromised is their integrity and honesty, of which they never had to begin with. It's sad that when business like my own are really hurting in this terrible economy, and barely staying afloat, that we're scammed by these evil people.
    I hope that everone who is contacted by these scammers files formal complaints for fraud, and that they eventually get prosecuted,
    in New York or whever they are hiding out.

[email protected]

• Ac
    ACHD Nov 17, 2009

The original call for us was on 10/28/2009 and the last one was 11/17/2009. They did
    the exacting same to our business stated we owed $745.00. online business Directory we did not authorize and trying to collect the money. They are very persistent. They need
    to be stopped...notaliar

• Te
    Terrydbhm Nov 20, 2009

I was contacted today 11/20/09 and given the same story. First they wanted to update my information, which I never give out to any online service. Then I was informed that I had been adverting for 12 months on their online directory and owed then $749. I am a one man company so I told the caller that no one other than myself would have authorized any services. I was told they have a recording of me placing the advertising and would get a copy to play to me, which is an out and out lie. I told them absolutely I would not pay this and was told that their company would turn my account over to their collections company which could affect my credit rating.

• Aw
    AWC1 Dec 04, 2009

On 12/4/2009 I received the same call from Yellow Blue Media that they wanted to update my listing I have placed a year ago. I asked them if it was free and they told me that first year it was and following year it was going to cost $749 dollars. I told them I refuse to pay for something I never authorize and they hung up the phone on me.

It's ridicules what they think they could get away with these days...

AWC

• Hi
    hildehund Dec 17, 2009

I have been contacted twice now by 'yellowbluemedia' and they are giving me the same story. The first guy tried to practically bully me into paying $800andsomething for an online listing for my company. I am the only one in this company so there is not way anyone else could have 'signed up' for me. The lady that called the second time had a very different attitude, she said there might be something incorrect - she would look into it and get back to me... Very glad I found this website so I know what to do next time they call.

• Av
    Avian66 Jan 07, 2010

Got the same call today. I had never heard of these bozos before. When I pressed them, the guy said he needed to talk to his manager, who would get back to me. Needless to say, I haven't heard back. I had never heard from them before, nor had any of the three people in the company who might have dealt with the (CFO, me, and our IT/web person). It sounded like a scam and so it is...

AWS

• El
    electronix*2010 Jan 20, 2010

I myself have had same problem just like everyone else here
    I AM GOING TO TAKE NEXT STEPS TO REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT CO...
    If we can get going a paticion where all companies with same issue, Sue this co. for fraud & more

If intersested post your comments HERE!!!

• Ca
    CatWomanMeow Mar 15, 2010

I posted my comment below on the "Whocallsme.com" website and I'm happy to have found this site as well!

I'm glad I found this website! Although I'm elated to see that it's not just our business having this problem, it's unfortunate that we all must endure this harassment! After numerous calls from this number over the last few weeks (there was silence on the other end when we answered), I answered this morning and a woman actually spoke. She asked for my husband by name, and I asked her what the call was in regard to. She said something about an internet "blue yellow pages" or blue yellow book" or something to that effect. I asked her what company she was with, and she said it was online business to business advertising. I told her we did not have any type of online advertising... and she promptly hung up on me! I'd like to hunt her down and rip her tongue out. The caller ID said "Bank of America".

• La
    LadyQNM Apr 01, 2010

OMG! I recieved this same call 10min ago. When he said I owed $700 and something dollars, I went to my advertising file and of course there was no record of mine saying I had any dealings with Yellow Blue Media. So next I typed it in on line and saw all your comments. THANK YOU ALL. I asked the same questions that I saw you all asked, was ready for the line about me agreeing to service and of course he hung up on me. What bullish is this. How could people get away with things like this. Thanks again. Quanna

• Ib
    IBEX Apr 07, 2010

Same thing for me. Have had numerous calls from a Buffalo NY number over the last few months always asking to speak to the owner of the business. There are three of us in the office and we typically screen all "owner" request calls since none of us has time for telemarketers. This morning they called and asked for me by name. The lady then proceeded to tell me that she was calling regarding a past due balance of $784 and wanted to know how we planned to pay the balance. When I started questioning her about the business and disputed the fact that we had ever done business with their company, she got very flustered and hung up. Some businesses must fall for this trap, otherwise it wouldn't be worth Yellow Blue Media's time. When I hung up I googled their name and found this website. Thank you for all your comments. I am calling the state attorney general's office and the DOJ right now.

• Be
    benefitsman Apr 08, 2010

Called me too. I am reporting them to State Attorney General, and BBB. This made me very angry.

ascoli Apr 15, 2010

Same story for me, and I dealt with it over the past couple months this way: I stopped answering their calls. I found their address (in Las Vegas) and sent a letter disputing any invoice and informing them that I had filed complaints against them with the Las Vegas BBB and my state's Attorney General's Office (scam department). I stopped answering their calls from their "collection agency" (in Key West) and they eventually stopped. The Las Vegas BBB followed up and received an email from YellowBlue saying they had contacted me and rectified the situation (they didn't). The Attorney General's office also followed up and received a letter from them saying the same (again, they didn't contact me). Though part of the hassle of a scam like this is the time it takes out of the day of a small business owner, I think it's worth it to put pressure on them and get the word out there. Maybe repeated reports to the Las Vegas BBB would help. Here's where you file a complaint: http://southernnevada.bbb.org/ And here's the company address:

Yellow Blue Media
    2232 South Nelis Boulevard Suite G #310
    Las Vegas, NV 89104

• Si
    sickofyellowbluemedia May 07, 2010

They have boon calling our business once a day demanding payment and threatening to turn us over to collections. So today when I got to work and checked the messages there was one from "Shirley" from TransUnion Credit Collections. Being as fed up with them as I could be, I called the state of Nevada (where they claim to be from) and asked f they had a valid business license, which suprise suprise, they do not. When Shirley called back I shared this information with her and I con't think we will be haring from them again!

• Rl
    rlapk1 May 11, 2010

Called me too. David Gilmore. Refused to provide a return phone number. $745/year. Demanded payment for the ad that had already been running for one year 4/23/09 - 4/23/10, but had never been paid for. Said the ad was approved by the president of my company. I happen to know that is not true. Demanded a signed purchase order or contract and he said he would send that with the invoice. We'll see if I get an invoice. If I do I will report it to the Attorney General.

ascoli May 11, 2010

rlapk1: See my comments above. I was advised by Attorney General's office to immediately contest the invoice in writing (when you receive it). If you can take the time, please also register your complaint with the Las Vegas BBB. I'm hoping the more complaints they receive, the better. It can be done online http://southernnevada.bbb.org/ And here's the company address:

Yellow Blue Media
    2232 South Nelis Boulevard Suite G #310
    Las Vegas, NV 89104

Good luck.

noauthority Aug 11, 2010

They are calling me this week. They've called 4 or 5 times. I told them I have never authorized payment of any kind without talking to the owner of the business. They also said they have me on tape. I've actually heard the tape, and they somehow edited the conversation to make it sound like I agreed to this. One person said she would take off the cancellation fee if I pay today. I asked her what cancellation fee. She said I signed up for three years. I have absolutely no memory of agreeing to pay $745.00 or agreeing to a three year committment. I'm contacting my state's Attorney General and BBB.

• Bl
    Blackfoot Aug 13, 2010

Just now received a call from yellowbluemedia.com asking for my husband, whose last name, altho easy, was butchered. They asked for verification of info that was easily obtained anywhere, then asked if I wanted to add a PO number to the $745.00 invoice I was about to receive. Upon asking questions regarding everything from proof of purchase via taped recording to how to contact you, I received a serious and quite irritable run around. "Larry" was NOT in a good mood apparently. Upon the 4th time of asking to send the invoice I informed him to "go ahead but I won't pay it til I check this company out and make sure it is not a scam"; he slammed the phone up. I too am filing a BBB complaint next.

• Ir
    Irritated and Annoyed Sep 28, 2010

Just got another “collections” call from them saying I owe them for a $700+ invoice they mailed me. They are claiming I owe them for the past year of services. I had never even heard of them until they called me for the first time on 8/23/10 asking me if I wanted to “continue” my listing with them. I told them I didn’t have a listing with them and the man tried to argue with me that I did - I do all of my own advertising so I think I would know. Today I filed a compliant with the BBB and the FTC. I am saving any invoices, voicemails and any other communications from them. I am also documenting when they are actually able to catch me off guard and get me on the phone.

ascoli Sep 28, 2010

They're still at it, huh? If anyone can post information as to how people file complaints with the FTC or others, please do. BTW, if you for search for their address in Google Maps, you get an office building (that contains a Mailboxes Etc.).

• At
    a-topsNotHappy Oct 27, 2010

Our company was contacted by this supposed advertising company saying that we gave them verbal agreement for advertising with them last year and that she was sending us an invoice for +$700. Not agreeing with this call or the invoice, I told her that we do not do verbal agreements for advertising. She could not even pronounce the name that gave the verbal agreement and when I told her this, she called me a crazy [censor] and hung up!! Really!! I'm the crazy one??? Hope they catch these crooks soon!

ALOLA Nov 08, 2010

We received the same call today too. Same story as everyone else. We don't advertise online. He said we owe $700+ for advertising. He tried to argue with me when I told him this was a scam and I hung up on him.
    He said is name was David Wilson and his phone number is [protected]. This phone number is for Executive Suites at Park Meadows in Colorado and they have never heard of Yellow Blue Media.

• Ro
    RobLW Jan 18, 2011

i have also received calls from them. they ask for my husband, he doesn't answer the phones nor does he do any of the advertising, that is my job. today when they called they said he signed up for it last year, i told them " no he didn't, don't even go there, we don't sign up for any advertising unless a customer service rep is standing in my office." then i hung up. let's see if they try to call back.

• Co
    contractor75 Feb 04, 2011

Just got the call from [protected] telling me I owed over $700 and I also am a one man show so I know I didn't as for his service.

• Ri
    richard craineum Feb 14, 2011

Registrant:

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: YELLOWBLUEMEDIA.COM

Private, Registration [email protected]
    [protected] Fax -- [protected]

• Ri
    richard craineum Feb 14, 2011

i contacted thier web service provider and they are looking in to it. they told me to file a complaint with the federal trade commision. http://ftc.gov/

alscud Feb 25, 2011

2 -23-11 I recieved a call this morning from #[protected] and mycaller id says bank of america so Ianswer it same spiel about745.oo how do they get this co name to appear on my caller id?Ill bet bank of america doesn't know this BS isgoing on glad I found this page

• Sh
    Sheilabobeila Mar 07, 2011

Same story, only when I said I wouldn't give a PO number as I hadn't authorized any advertising, the guy yelled "Oh, yes you did!" I said "Oh no, I did not" then he repeated only louder "Oh, YES YOU DID!" then hung up on me! I reported them too!

• Yb
    YBM Customer Service Apr 22, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. I would appreciate it if you could provide me with more details regarding the issue you experienced with our company. If you are stating that you received a call regarding an account you never agreed to I would appreciate if you would contact us to let us know. I assure you all of the paid listing information on our site is provided by the customer during the initial sales call. We also provide search engine optimization to improve your google ranking. In regards to collection policies, they are standard for every company, any account that is more than ninety days delinquent is transferred to a collection agency. So if the agent you were speaking with believed you had an active account with our company that was delinquent they would be obliged to notify you when it will be forwarded to collections. In any event none of that really matters if you never agreed to a listing with our company in the first place. Please contact us at [protected] so that we can figure out what happened. Thank you. PS. I do see that you have posted this same complaint numerous times on this site perhaps in an effort to make it appear that we have more complaints than we actually do. I assure you we take all complaints seriously and only one posting of your particular experience was necessary.