Complaints & Reviews

Fraudulant Charges

YellowBlueMedia has called me several times telling me that I signed up for an online service that I did not sign up for. They threaten to turn me into the aurthorities and to freeze my accounts. When I ask them to send me an invoice in the mail they refuse telling me that it is against the law to resend mail invoices. They have successfully done this scam on me before as YellowBlueMedia and now they are calling claiming to be the National Collection Agency collecting money on unpaid bills. The person I talked to told me his name was Carl Johnson and that his badge number was BST2429. His phone number is [protected]. I told him that I would not pay him because I had no proof of the service being rendered and he told me he was going to take legal action to freeze my accounts.

• Ti
    Tif111111111 Feb 21, 2012

We had the same thing happen to our company with the same number and badge number... They have threatened us several times. NOT GOING TO FALL for it! We contacted our attorney general and filed a complaint. Looks like since the calls are starting again... we will filing another complaint!

• Do
    Dog Trainer in st louis Apr 25, 2012

This company has been calling several times a day for months.
    Claiming I owe them money as well. I am so sick of the harrassment! What can be done to stop this crazyness?

jawslw Jun 20, 2012

Yellow Blue Media was the name I found when I checked a phone number report. Caller ID showed me Marathon FL. I got a call from a man named Benjamin; he said he was from Yelllow Business Ads! This confirms my suspicion that Yellow Blue Media, Yellow Business Ads, and Blue Yellow Book are 3 names used by one group of scam artist. These crooks are bilking small business owners out of millions and not paying taxes. This means they are getting very rich, very fast. This must stop. I am in the process of filing complaint with the MN attorney general, Better Business Bureau, and FTC. I strongly encourage you to do the same. I even reported them to the IRS for tax evasion and fraud because it is very rare that anything is done to stop these miscreants.

Website scam

A lady from Yellow Blue Media called Stating I signed up for a online premium listing when I know for a fact I never did. They said we owe them $899.95 and not only were they going to come after our company but they would be coming after me personally as well. Week after week they call wanting a payment and threating to turn us over to collections. These people need to get a real job and stop bothering honest working people!!!

• Mi
    mightyram Apr 12, 2011

ditto --- same exact issue -- we told them to come on after us - turns us into collections. They are just a barking dog.

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I'm a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. From what you are describing is sounds like your account fell into delinquency and was transferred to a third policy collection agency. Collections agents will say just about anything. However it seems that the real issue is that you believe that you never agreed to the service in the first place. I would like you to contact us so that we can look into that. Out sales agents are supposed to make sure they are speaking to an authorized purchaser before they open an account, however sales reps do work on quotas and will sometime force sales. Most times this is caught by quality control but there are some that slip through the net. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks.

Scam Artist

This yellow blue media called our store stating that one of our employees had authorized them to run a minim Website and online listing add, however none of our employees knew anything about yellow blue media. We received the invoice that was for $745 and a lady has been calling our store for about a week stating that we owe them money. My boss finally told me to just go ahead and pay them (not knowing it was a scam). So we gave them the check number over the phone and she hung up. Right after I got off the phone with her we looked them up on the computer and realized they were not a real company, I called the bank and had them stop payment on the check. It's just too funny that they had hounded us for a week but when we call them after I gave her the check number no one answered!! So me and my co worker sent her some very nice messages and a great fax! SO SCAM WAS ON THEM!!!

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. In regards to your compaint, if one of your employees had authorized the listing there would have had to be a recording with whoever at your location authorized the listing. At no time do we open an account without first going through a recorded verification process where we verify that we are speaking with an authorized purchaser. We do this because there are times when an employee who is not authorized to set up a listing will do so. In any event if you could contact us it would be greatly appreciated we would like to get to the bottom of this. Thank you.

Claims to have authorization to create a web site

I received an invoice from Yellow Blue Media claiming that our facility owed them $799.00. I had never heard of them so I called to get more information. I was told that they called & spoke with one of our employees & got authorization to create a "mini web-site & on-line listing". The operator then proceeded to play a recording for me where my employee clearly stated that she was "Activity Coordinator" - yet she did say yes to the question are you interested in advertising. English is her 2nd language & she didn't realize that they were selling something.

After listening to the message I spoke to the operator & explained that that employee is not employed in a position which allows her to obligate us to any contracts. The operator then stated that she was sufficient because she answered the telephone. Then I pointed out that a janitor could answer the telephone too.

She said that the services cost $90 a month - and after I explained that this was the 1st billing we'd even received on this issue she didn't know what to say. I then told her we were not accepting the charges.

I then wrote a letter to them to dispute the charges & mailed it within the 90 days requested on the invoice. And then I mailed it right away.

We were never furnished with a proof to sign off on or any of the actual content or location of this so called "mini web-site". For all I know it doesn't even exist??

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. I do understand that you may have been frustrated that your employee authorized a listing that they shouldn't have. However you state yourself that your employee did answer "yes to the question are you interested in advertising". Now as long as you sent us a letter or contacted us within the ninety days stipulated on the invoice we will have no problem annulling your invoice. Nonetheless I would advise that you ensure your employees are fully bilingual, or refer calls to others that are, before entering into an agreement with a company. Under the law of apparent authority if one of your employees states that they have authorization to enter into a contract with a company, that legally binds your company to that contract, regardless of whether or not that employee actually has that authority. We of course want happy customers and if an agreement was made by someone who didn't have authority to do so we would rather cancel the invoice than have an unhappy customer, but I figured that is something you may want to look into to ensure your company doesn't run into this kind of situation again. Please contact us if you have any other questions. Thank you.

Wanting money for no services rendered

I recieved a phone call this morning (2/4/11) from a Jamaican accented man informing me I should have recieved a letter in the mail last month regaurding my delinquent payment for the 2010 year for the advertising I purchased on Yellow blue Media. Scince starting my business I have yet to buy any advertising from anyone. My supposed bill was $756 . I do have caller I.D. and the phone Number I got was [protected] so perhaps I can call them back we shall see what that reveals. These jackwagon(lol) scammers need to get a clue. Don't listen to them thinking their records are better then your memory. I just called the number back and it came on with a disconnection notice. Pay them if you bought something but if you didn't then report them on here then to the police they can get the info to the AG of your state.

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. I'm not sure what the accent of the representative contacting you has to do with your complaint. In any case if you entered into a contract with our company you would have had to go through a recorded verification where we verify all of the information you want listed online, as well as verifying that you are an authorized purchaser. Nonetheless it is clearly stated on the invoice that is sent to you that you have ninety day to contact us if you have any issues regarding the listing. In order to explain the number that appeared on your call display I have to explain how our call centers work. All of our sales representatives are connected to an automated dialer. What this means is that a computerized system feeds calls to our sales representatives. They are not on an actual phone, and they do not have their own extensions. The number that appears on your call display corresponds to the server on which the automated dialing system resides. As this is not an actual phone it does not receive calls. We do however give you our customer service number during the recorded verification process. If you have never gone though a verification process, then you should not have an account with us. Please contact us at (877)878-6935 so that we can resolve this issue. Thank you.

online ad scam

A man called & asked for verification of my business name & address, which I verified. He then indicated that I have been listed on their online service for a year, that it was the end of the year and that I now owed them over $ 700. How do I want to send it to them?
I told him that I had never heard of them and that I do not do any businesss on the phone. Furthermore, I did NOT agree to anything with that company. He insisted that I had agreed to this advertising. I then insisted on proof of this. He indicated that he would get it and call me back. I don't know if I will be hearing from them again. His phone # is [protected]. Any suggestions on how to fight this if he persists?

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. From what you are describing to me it sounds like you were contacted by an overzealous sales representative. Our sales reps do work on quotas and will sometime force sales. Most times this is caught by quality control but there are some that slip through the cracks. If you had entered into an agreement with our company that information would be readily available to the representative that contacted you, there would be no need for them to call you back. If you could let me know the name of the representative that contacted you it would help me immensely. Thank you.

Scam Internet Advertising

WOW! I just read several other posts moments after someone from Yellow Blue Media tried to scam me. $700 + seems to be the magic number for them. I kept telling this guy I had never heard of Yellow Blue Media and that we never agreed to or signed any advertising contract for this stupid service. He kept saying my husband did it, kept calling him Paul and then would change it to John (which is his name). I told him I handle the advertising, I had NOTHING in my files on his company, and I demanded he stop this unauthorized listing. When I demanded a copy of the signed agreement along with the invoice he said he would be sending, he hung up on me! I didn't think to get a phone number or his name, but will in the future if they call back. And a complaint to the AZ Attorney General's office is now in order!! He also had some sort of accent, so don't know if he was calling from out of the country or in the states. I am too cheap to pay for caller ID!

• De
    Dennis Bevers Dec 21, 2010

Someone is still at it. I just received the call this morning.
    The scam artist asked for me by name and asked to verify the information in my listing. When I said I didn't know anything about his company or the listing he said it had expired, but he could renew it. Asked if I would be adding a web address. I said I had never received any traffic from them - His response was that I'd only hear from them when they sold me the listing and when it was time to renew.
    I told him to cancel my "listing". He said he couldn't cancel it 'cause it had already expired. But, he could renew it for another year.
    He then stated they'd be billing for for $745.00 for the past listing.
    When I told him I hadn't authorized it and wouldn't pay, he promptly hung up.
    For the record - this scammer called me from 716-566-0598. Although reverse phone look-up list that as Buffalo NY, it could be a cell phone calling from anywhere in North America.
    I will be contacting the phone service.
    Dennis Bevers
    BASSCO, Inc.

• Ji
    Jill H Feb 15, 2011

Just got one of their calls as well. When I answered the phone I was going through my greeting and he was done asking for the owner before I even had a chance to finish my "hello".
    They told me the exact info as they did Dennis. I told them I had not authorized any charges or delayed billing and I don't do verbal contracts. I told them to cancel whatever they had on file for me and the told me he could not cause it was expired but that he could put a letter of cancellation on my account but I would still owe the $745.00
    Then I told him that I was not paying $745.00 on something I never agreed to. I started asking him other questions and he quickly hung up.
    Tried to turn them in to BBB of Southern NV but their web-site messed up several times when I tried to input the info.
    Beware - they do sound legit on the phone but being a small company I knew what I had approved and not approved as far as advertising.
    Scam Scam Scam!!! Very sad that companies revert to this tactic to cheat people out of money.

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. This complaints sound similar to some other complaints I've read on this site. From what you are describing to me it sounds like you were contacted by an overzealous sales representative. Our sales reps do work on quotas and will sometime force sales. Most times this is caught by quality control but there are some that slip through the cracks. Representatives should not hang up on customers at any time. If you could let me know the name of the representative that contacted you it would help me immensely. Thank you.

• Vf
    vfloyd Jul 26, 2011

I just checked with the BBB and they have posted an alert on this business. They state that the business is based out of Canada and if you have had any dealings with this company to contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Anti Fraud Division.
    We have been getting calls from this company trying to collect on advertising we never authorized and have threatened us with collections. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

Unauthorized charge - Yellow Pages advertising

I received a call on my cell phone on Monday, August 16, 2010, by a man claiming he is from the Yellow Page...

Scam

I was contacted by Yellow Blue Media about an amount of $700 that I was told I owe them. I tell them show...

Fraudulent company

I received a call from a salesman from this "SO CALLED" Yellow Blue Media, stating that we had authorized an internet business listing and that we owed money for last year and that they would send an invoice. He also wanted to know if we wanted to renew. I told him that I am the only one in the company that would have authorized this, and that I didn't. It is a company policy that we don't. I told him not to send the invoice and no renewal because we never ordered in the first place, and that his company is a fraud. He threaten to turn this over to collections as he hung up the phone. I immediately googled the company to find that indeed they were listed as a scam/fraudulent company.

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. I believe that you received a call from a sales agent whose employment has since been terminated. This sales agent was using pressure tactics to coerce customers into agreeing to list with us. We have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of behavior and once he was caught doing this his employment was terminated. For starters no sales, or renewal agent should ever be talking about collections for the simple reason that if it is a new account, you can't be delinquent because you've never done business with our company, and if we are calling to renew your service you would have to be in good standing in order to be eligible to renew. I apologize for this unfortunate incident. Please contact us if you have any further questions regarding this matter. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Fradulent Business Practice

I got a phone call from a woman claiming I owe Yellow Blue Media hundreds of dollars for an internet listing on their site. Beware of this scam! When I told them that I never heard of them, they told me that they had a recorded tape of my agreeing to the service. They have called and threatened several times. The most recent was a call from what they are telling me is Trans Union Credit Collections in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Contact your state attorney generals office and make a claim ASAP. Contact US Department of Justice at http://www.usdoj.gov/contact-us.html and make a claim

Stop this group of criminals!

• Ra
    R. Allen Jul 13, 2010

Our experience has been virtually identical. I am BEYOND furious! I'll be so happy when this is all resolved. ANIMALS!!!

YBM Customer Service Apr 20, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. From what you are describing is sounds like your account fell into delinquency and was transferred to a third policy collection agency. However it seems that the real issue is that you believe that you never agreed to the service in the first place. I would like you to contact us so that we can look into that. Our sales agents are supposed to make sure they are speaking to an authorized purchaser before they open an account, however sales reps do work on quotas and will sometime force sales. Most times this is caught by quality control but there are some that slip through the net. We have many daycares that receive a huge benefit from listing with us but the last thing we would want to do is invoice you if you did not agree to this service. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks.

Scam

We have the very same thing going on. A phone call made to threaten collections of on line web advertising. We have never heard of them before. They state that they have a recording of us agreeing to their services. They did send a hard copy bill to us. We live in Utah. The company address is in Nevada.
I am so glad I found this web site to find out it really is a scam! Thanks to everyone.
I am going to submit a letter to the Consumer Protection of Utah and the AG's office of Nevada. I will include a copy of the invoice to show mail fraud also.
Thanks!

Trying to bill us

I just got a call from these people verifiying information and then asking if I wanted to make any changes and said no and then they said where do we send the invoice for $700 for last year

• Ts
    TST Creative Catering Feb 15, 2010

This company is most differently a fraud! They call and ask for there money from a past due invoice.; for $745.00 plus late payment and now interest! I've asked them to send this invoice in the mail, because they will only fax the invoice. We have yet to see an invoice in the mail, even though they said that they sent it. They play this recording of you saying, yes, to simple questions; like your address, website, etc. to verify everything. Which could be any "bits and pieces" of tape put together.
    I don't plan on paying this invoice, especially for a service as lame as theirs is!!

• Be
    Bella Mosaico Feb 17, 2010

It just happened to me today, I received their bill ! Just like you they calimed the same things and when I called they are not at all sounding like a business...

• As
    ascoli Apr 15, 2010

Same story for me, and I dealt with it over the past couple months this way: I stopped answering their calls. I found their address (in Las Vegas) and sent a letter disputing any invoice and informing them that I had filed complaints against them with the Las Vegas BBB and my state's Attorney General's Office (scam department). I stopped answering their calls from their "collection agency" (in Key West) and they eventually stopped. The Las Vegas BBB followed up and received an email from YellowBlue saying they had contacted me and rectified the situation (they didn't). The Attorney General's office also followed up and received a letter from them saying the same (again, they didn't contact me). Though part of the hassle of a scam like this is the time it takes out of the day of a small business owner, I think it's worth it to put pressure on them and get the word out there. Maybe repeated reports to the Las Vegas BBB would help. Here's where you file a complaint: http://southernnevada.bbb.org/ And here's the company address:

Yellow Blue Media
    2232 South Nelis Boulevard Suite G #310
    Las Vegas, NV 89104

• Mi
    mike townsend Apr 01, 2011

Well Our company was scamed by yellowbluemedia.com check them out and do a search on google, and you will see many complaints. They called my mother in-law and told her we owed them for advertising, and that she agreed to there listing, then threatened her when she said she did not. They managed to convince her to give them check by phone for $680 dollars! When I found out about this I told her it was a scam and to put a stop on the check, and she did... Today I found out that the check when through for $745 from a company called nation wide mark???? These jerks hide behind a private registration through Domains by proxy, so I cant see who the owner of the website is.

I would love to find out who all they screwed and send someone to jail, that would be $745 well spent!

YBM Customer Service May 03, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. I would appreciate it if you could provide me with more details regarding the issue you experienced with our company. If you are stating that you received a call regarding an account you never agreed to I would appreciate if you would contact us to let us know. Please contact us at (877)878-6935 so that we can figure out what happened. Thank you.

jawslw Dec 24, 2011

Yellow Blue Media billed us at least 4 times in one year $745 each time when it is only supposed to be a yearly fee. They claim the service was authorized but it never was by me or my business partner. They are connected to 2 other scam gangs. On my credit card there were unauthorized transactions for large amounts like this for blue yellow book. The invoices for Blue Yellow book corresponded to 877-878-6935, and some of the transactions for Yellow Blue media corresponded to transactions under this number 518-534-1007. EVEN AFTER I WAS GIVEN CONFIRMATION OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE, THEY CONTINUED TO BILL ME! I reported them to the FTC and Better Business Bureau.I say lets get together and file a lawsuit against these ### and get our money back from them. Don't count on your credit card companies to help you; they are more interested in making a profit off the interest you pay on a large balance than they are in fighting fraud or protecting the customer. I tried to dispute 2 of these transactions, but since I signed the payment submission form (after constant threats from them) credit card company told me they have no right to dispute that. This happened after I provided all of the evidence of this being a scam.IAugust 2011, Yellow Business Ads collected $600 for Blue Yellow Book which was closed back in January 2011. This was without my consent to pay Blue Yellow Book.

Online Listing

I received a call today from Yellow Blue Media trying to say they are needing to verify my address to be listed in this online service - which I have been listed in for the past year. This listing was never authorized by anyone in my company. they tried to tell me that there was an outstanding invoice for over $700 that they would need to collect (BS). While I was on the phone with these scammers I looked them up on line and found complaints listed on this website. Thanks to what I read and other's experiences I was able to recognize them for what they are - SCAMMERS!

They need to be shut down permanently!! Be aware and be careful of what you say because they also try to rec ord the verification process. Luckily because of the complaints on this website I shut them down quickly!

• As
    ascoli Apr 15, 2010

Yellow Blue Media
    2232 South Nelis Boulevard Suite G #310
    Las Vegas, NV 89104

YBM Customer Service Apr 22, 2011

Hello, my name is Douglas Martin I am a supervisor at Yellow Blue Media. I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with our company. We have many satisfied customers and pride ourselves on our customer service. It sounds like you were called by our renewal department. They make sure to confirm we have the correct listing information and attempt to get clients to list for another year. Now I believe a number of the complaints on this site of this nature may stem from a problem we had with our automated dialing system. Our agents do not make calls themselves. They are connected to an automated dialer, which is essentially a computer that dials the numbers for them. Leads are loaded into a call table and that is what the dialer dials from. We have two outside sales departments, one for soliciting new business, and one for retaining clients(or renewals). The two departments are located in two separate call centers. Now what does happen from time to time is, due to human error, a call list that is meant for the new business department is loaded on the dialer for the renewal department. When this happens you end up with agents who believe they are calling existing customers, but in actuality are calling individuals who have never listed with us before. Couple that situation with sales reps that have quotas to achieve and certain customers that do fall delinquent in their account payments and you have recipe for a can of worms. At the end of the day it is our error and I do apologize for any frustration a call you may have received due to this scenario has caused you. However I would like to stress that unless you have received an invoice from us then you were most likely contacted by the wrong department. Also in an effort to prevent errors on our end from escalating we do mark on every invoice our cancellation policy which states that you have ninety days from receiving the invoice to cancel the service. I hope that clears up some of the confusion. Please feel to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Fraudulent business practice

I person from Yellow Blue Media called claiming I owed them $700+ for an internet listing on their site. Thi...

SCAM

BLUE MEDIA YELLOW PAGES: This same scam is still going on. I was told the company name was blue media...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices