Having problems with Xcel Energy?

Xcel Energy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 6, 2007. The latest review billing was posted on Apr 26, 2021. The latest complaint billing was resolved on Oct 22, 2013. Xcel Energy has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 79 reviews. Xcel Energy has resolved 15 complaints.

Xcel Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 895 4999 (Residential)
+1 800 481 4700 (Business)
+1 800 895 2999 (Gas Emergency Or Outage)
+1 800 895 1999 (Electric Outage)
1800 Larimer St., Ste 1500
Denver, Colorado
United States - 80202-1408

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Xcel Energy Customer Service. Initial Xcel Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Xcel Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Xcel Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with Xcel Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Xcel Energy Complaints & Reviews

Xcel Energy — regularly occurring power outages on my block

Hello I'm a customer at 885 dayton ave in St paul, mn. My block consistently has power outages and they do...

Xcel Energy — service reconnection

On Saturday June 16, a storm came and knocked over a neighbors tree and it snapped out line to our house. The...

Xcel Energy — net metering/ solar for homes

Excel processing department is discriminating against solar being installed on homes. David Wynkoop is rude...

Xcel Energy — energy billing

Xcel incorrectly assigned meters at my duplex. One year later I received a bill for $292 because of thi...

Xcel Energy — billing

I received 2 Xcel Energy bills in December 2017. One was for $89 and the other for $673. I immediately called...

Xcel Energycustomer service

I am using the term "customer service" loosely. Spoke with Tim in your Wisconsin service center at 5:45 pm mountain Tues 11/28 and he should be fired. Not only did he have no information about our six hour outage he clearly didn't care. He refused to give me his last name or ID number but his accent was quite distinct and he confirmed the call center location.
You should hire people that actually care and can solve problems, not people that clearly just want to collect a paycheck without doing anything of value
He was rude, unhelpful and completely incompetent

• Po
      pobarjenkins Nov 29, 2017

Do you have an specific details/examples of how he was rude or incompetent?

Xcel Energy — creditors and customers service representatives

My mom is trying to get the electricity turned on in her name, we have called numerous times to see what the...

Xcel Energyelectricity outage

We received 1/2” of snow. My electricity has been out 24 hours. I’ve called multiple times to be told there is no update on when the power will be restored. Walnut Hills has 60 homes, in this subdivision, which loses power regularly. Why has this been addressed and fixed? I’ve lived here 17 years; you’ve had the time. Excel certainly doesn’t miss a beat billing us.

Xcel Energyexcel energy company vehicle

I was driving to work on Saturday August 5th, 2017. The Excel Energy vehicle pulled up beside me and my lane was ending so I signaled to get over and slowed down and got over behind the driver. He then proceeded to make hand gestures at me while driving very slowly and putting on his brakes in front of me. This went on for a few miles. I felt threatened by him and did not feel safe driving behind him while he was acting that way. I think he was trying to teach me a lesson for pulling in behind him too closely. Maybe I did but, I do not think this is a good way to represent Excel Energy while driving in a company vehicle.
      The incident happened at Alameda Ave and University Blvd at around 7:30 am.

Excel Energy — stealing from my bank account and my landlord because the money taken was for the roof over my childrens head!

Excel energy my electric company went into my bank account and took 181.00 dollars out after I had already...

Xcel Energy — billing/service

I had been calling in since January, of this year, due to high bills trying to figure out why my bill wa...

Xcel Energyelectricity

We live at 535 Cook St. Denver, CO 80206. During the first 12 days of June we have already had 3 power outages on June 2, 4, and 12. The outages are typically confined to a few blocks near our house and it is always the same region while our neighbors, including those across the street on the east side of Cook St. have power. The outage covers from St. Paul St to the west side of Cook.

We had 3-4 outages last summer also, with the same blocks being out. The frequency of the outages is ridiculous but the fact that XCel keep fixing what appear to be a "band-aid" solution but doesn't address the fundamental issue is strange as it must be costing you (and us as your customers) a lot more than if the problem were resolved permanently. As block captains, we and our neighbors are increasingly frustrated by this situation and will raise it to the Public Service commission if it isn't resolved.

Xcel Energygas off for 7 weeks during hail storm and winter storm

No gas no heat no hot water for 7 weeks is a nightmare. Came out to my house a month ago and promises to rush the order for the coldness in 2 weeks. Last two weeks been calling customer service always given different responses. Finally last week a representative called and saw work has been scheduled and will be done last Friday or Saturday. Took the days off and no one showed up. Called this Monday morning and rep said no work schedule or application has been set up. Need to start over and nothing else can be done. My family has been thru hail storm and snow storm freezing in the house with no hot food no hot water. We can't afford to live in a hotel until this is done.

Xcel Energyputting a dropped line backup

I have been waiting 2 hours for them to come back and put my drop line up and put my electricity back on. How is this not an emergency. Are you guys gonna pay me back for all of my food that's gonna go bad? And it's hot inside my house right now and I can't put my airconditon on because i have no power. And about the my food again, I have no money right now to replace everything that I have in my fridge. And I hope you guys feel good about this.

Xcel Energy — services disconnected in error

Electric service was disconnected in error and has taken over 20 hours to reconnect customer service is not...

Xcel Energypower outages

We are currently experiencing our third power outage in two weeks. The first lasted the entire day. The second several hours and now, well who knows. We have experienced more power outages in this neighborhood than any other place we have lived. This is unacceptable and very frustrating. This is an average neighborhood- no super rich people here. It feels like we are not a priority. Who do I contact to hold excel accountable to fix this outage issue once and for all? Like most people my days at home are few and far between. I have a jam packed list of things to get done and most need electricity to complete. Let's get this problem tackled please. Hours long power outages on a regular basis are not what I pay for and are unacceptable.

Xcel Energy — customer support

On February 3, a new gas meter was installed at 1522 Atwood St., Longmont, CO, a property I own. On Feb. 7, a...

Xcel Energy — billing

Xcel is crazy & the government keeps feeding their craziness! They are time and time again allowed to raise...

Xcel Energy — billing practice is criminal

Upon receiving an excessively high electrical bill in March of 2016, I called Xcel Energy billing and talked...

Xcel Energydisconnecting power lines and not coming back to reconnect

10/30/15 I am at a loss of words with the lack of service from Xcel energy. My wife and I moved into our new address on 10/15/15, I filled out a Transfer Service on the Xcel energy website and received an email stating - Confirmation for Your Transfer Service Order - 10/14/2015. In this e-mail it also stated there will be a start-service fee. We worked out with the seller of our house that Bear Creek Tree removal would remove two trees from our property, they worked with Xcel to have some lines removed and reattached while the work was going on. On 10/30/15 and Xcel truck showed up at 8am to disconnect the power lines. The tree removal was completed at 6pm, and Bear Creek stated they were in contact with Xcel and they were on the way but did not have an ETA. The last time Bear Creek spoke with Xcel they were supposed to be at the address at 3:30pm but were delayed due to another call. I also called the person Bear Creek was talking too at [protected] to see how long it would be because it was starting to get cold. I spoke with a rep that said the reconnect was scheduled but they did not have an ETA. I then called the [protected] After 40 minutes on the phone I found out that Xcel is claiming I only changed our mailing address to 3200 W. 8th Ave and not the transfer of service. Because of that the house was considered vacant and no one was coming to reconnect the lines. I was also told that they only do reconnects Monday-Friday until 2pm every day. So now my family and I will be without power Friday (day of work), Saturday and Sunday. How can a company send a truck to an address, talk to the owner to disconnect wires, and not come back to reconnect the power? Thank God it is not cold or snowing right now! If there is any damage to pipes or other heating related problems, I will be holding Xcel fully responsible. Jeremiah P. Smith