FILE A COMPLAINT

+1 877 325 7243(ActiveBuilding Support) 1 0

Complaints & Reviews

billing/

04/25/2019
I was billed for rental/utility services for incorrect dates of usage and for the time I was not living there. When I call the number, she refused to make any corrections and asked me not to call back. I was completely polite and simply was informing her that I had written papers from landlord that the rent for the time that they are billing for should've been waived. But their customer service at billing kept cutting me off and raising her voice and said she doesn't want to "deal with me and is sending me to collection agency" and "good luck and don't call back". I have receipt for all utility payments made from the date I moved in to the present day.

water billing reimbursement not coming back to community

The sum of over $10, 450.00 is owed to my community. This is a small townhome community and each member pay...

utility services

This company is unorganized and bill you late fees even though they screwed up. They are charging me a late fee because they processed my payment late, not because I made a late payment. They have the wrong phone number on the invoices they issue and if you call it a lady will answer and tell you that you have called the wrong number and then give you another wrong number to call. I am also very unclear on how they can justify how each person is billed as we are not individually metered. There are some apartments that have multiple persons living in them while others have only one person but it seems that when more people are occupying the other units my bill keeps going up with no explanation why. They say they are committed to providing the highest quality services but I think they are only committed to taking your money and don't give a damn if you are getting high quality service or not.

Online payment for hudson miramont austin texas

I have paid rent through real page.com several times. There was a problem with the payment going through thi...

Unauthorized charges

I am being charged a month to month fee when i turned in a 6 month renewal in February. They recently sent...

The complexes were denied because of my background knowledge

I applied for apartment complex through Real Page Inc. But it was denied, because I owed another complex. I applied for another complex and it was denied again. After my third attempt, the admin replied and said that they denied everything because of the criminal background. I asked to provide the copy of the report and everything what was written in the report was lie. I need real help and home. Please, help me.

$5.00 Service Fee

I want to know why there is a $5.00 service fee on the bill each month. Is the apartment complex not paying...

Unethical/Anti-Employee Management

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! The management at this company, including "HR", is all PRO-management and...

Water And sewer

We live in condominium, and when we moved, we had been serving by another company, after what condominium...

over charge in water bill

My name is Alice L. Blake 5025 amesbury Dr. #120 Dallas, TX 75206. I live at Amesbury Apt. & Townhome. Dalla...

Billing

I've had issues with this company for years and my complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. Their billing...

Charged for faulty meter

Three months ago our apartment notified us that their daily printout of water usage showed over 1000 gal...

Water and Sewerage bill

I have been living in Sierra Apartments LLC for almost 3 years and my water bill keeps rising!! I live in a...

Over-billing for water - CA

I just moved to Arbor Terrace appt (Sunnyvale CA) which has employed services of NWP (Irvine, CA). Every...

NWP Services Corporation

Total Rip-Off

My apartment complex, Harbour Run Apartments in Mentor on the Lake, OH is using NWP to commit fraud on the residents. The apartment complex is acting out like a utility in charging us for "voodoo" billing. As they are acting as a utility they need to be approved by the Ohio EPA as a water and sewer utility, which they are not.

We receive water and sewer bills that do not reflect actual usages, as there are no meters or any accountability whatsoever. Many residents, especially single elderly residents on fixed incomes receive water/sewer bills of over $50/month. There are no meters and they use 'voodoo" formulas to "guesstimate" how much water they think you use.

Complaints have been forwarded to the Ohio EPA and the media and justice soon will prevail. Also a class action law suit is being formed. The Ohio EPA stated that the apartment complex will need to file to become a water and sewer utility in order to "resell" water to its residents. This will entail water monitoring by the State of Ohio EPA.

Complaints of wrong water/sewer bills to NWP end up getting "canned" responses and the drones on the phones just read a scripted statement.

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
    NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
    "In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.

Fees

I recently moved into an apartment here in Farmington Hills. I got a new job and previously lived in Kalamazoo, MI - about a two hour drive. I happened to be in town on April 27th, 2013 filling out some paperwork for my new job. I had a few boxes in my car that I was going to leave at my girlfriend's parents' house with me. I had been looking for a place to live for a few weeks, calling over thirty apartment complexes in the Walled Lake area to find that Independence Green was one of three that had anything available on such short notice. It had a washer and dryer in the unit so I decided I'd go check it out. I liked it and signed the lease that day since I was already there and so I could drop off the boxes I had and save myself about a half hour of travel time to get the boxes from her house. So I dropped them off and left. I came back on May 3rd with a UHaul and all of my belongings, almost a full week later. I was in the apartment dropping my boxes off for maybe ten minutes total. Independence Green uses a company called NWP Services Corporation to manage their utility billing. I was assured by numerous people who work for the complex that even though I was 'technically' moving in on April 27th and 'officially' moving in on May 3rd that my first utility bill would be very small and would of course be pro-rated. I was fine with this. Lo and behold I get my first bill, for less than four days (it was late afternoon when I signed the lease) I am charged $78.58. This is mind-boggling to me. The $10 new account fee, fine. It's an administrative fee that's surely unavoidable from reading some of the other complaints about this company. The thing that I don't understand though is why I'm being charged a "$60.00 Gas Flat Charge". I used literally nothing in the apartment while I was there for the ~10 minutes dropping things off and I certainly didn't use anything that would require gas - it was hot outside and there is a window AC unit, the range is electric and that bill is with a different company. I emailed the company, as per their request if you have billing issues - nothing. No response at all from anyone. No one at the complex told me anything about these random, seemingly unavoidable fees and there is absolutely no reason at all I should have to pay that. At this point I am at a loss as to how I should proceed. I'm not going to hire a lawyer over $60 but if I don't pay it it will go to collections and there goes the credit I've been trying to establish. The fact that there is a continuous monthly 'Administration Fee' is absurd too. These accounts sit in a computer system. Everything is done automatically. My previous job was for a bank and unless there's a problem with an account they just sit there doing there thing. Why should I have to pay to have pay for something which wasn't even explained to me in the first place? Not a good first impression with this company. The complex itself has been very accommodating but this NWP Services Corporation I have a feeling is going to turn into a nightmare to deal with. Any advice would be strongly appreciated. I would also recommend (if possible) trying to avoid complexes who deal with this company. Including an image I took. It's two pictures of my bill; I copied parts of them together so it didn't have any of my sensitive information visible.

Fees

• Th
    th!sman May 18, 2013

If there's competition I would definitely vote with my feet.
    Write letters and send them by CMRRR to this company, file a complaint with your state AG office/consumer affairs office, any authority you can think of, FTC, FB, Twitter go full social and let their customer relations manager posted including the CEO. Contact a local TV station which has a segment to investigate consumer gripes like this. Don't let up implement a campaign that the company will want to get rid of you by cancelling the offending fee. Update the forum, let us know how it's panning out.

• Th
    th!sman May 18, 2013

If you talk on the phone with this company's reps record the calls. Investigate if your state is a one or two party call state. You don't have to hire a lawyer you can go pro se if what you want is for the right thing to be done. It's an interesting experience.

Of course watch your credit reports like a hawk. If you encounter a problem there post for help at debtorboards.com

• Gr
    Gregory2112 Jun 12, 2013

NWP and a billing service only. You won't be sent to collections. The only thing they do is bill you $7.00 every month that you are late or don't pay the bill. They also charge you $3.24 a month to mail you a bill. The local utility and cable, gas, ect do not do this. NWP is a total scam. They have been scamming people like us for years. I have them and the Ohio EPA is going after them and my apt complex. You can't resell water/sewer without being certified by the Ohio EPA which will cost them tens of thousands of dollars. Many residents here refuse to pay these "guesstimated" bills. It is for water and sewer. I used to have a home and my bills were never this high at all. never. A huge class action suit needs to be filed.

I'm in the safe hands of the Ohio EPA. NWP and my apt complex will get not one more cent from me. Oh, BTW, my complex is in foreclosure as well!

If there was an individual water and sewer meter attached to my apartment I would pay the local utility direct. These outrageous guesstimated bills are immoral.

NWP just gives you a "canned" answer every time I call them. I dispute every bill.

• Li
    lionessroars6177 Feb 26, 2015

I'm getting scammed too! Only mine is over the "Electricity Processing Fee." I signed a lease on Dec 7 because if I waited, the amount of the rent would go up. I did not move in until Dec 11, a Thursday, because that was my day off from work. I did not even step foot into the new apartment until the evening before I moved in. I had to keep the electric on at my old apartment because I had to thoroughly clean to try to get my security deposit back (I didn't get all of it back and the landlord, Jorge Regueiro, refuses to tell me why--illegal) and to do the inspection with the landlord and return the keys on Sunday, Dec 14. I work 10-hour days and the electric company is only available during the time I'm working. I transferred the electric online and had to take a start date of Dec 17. The new apartment is charging an Electricity Processing Fee because I didn't put the electric into my name at the first day of the lease. The bill covered 12/8 - 12/10, $50. I paid it because I was told by NWP that that was all I'd have to pay. Now this month, I got ANOTHER $50 Electricity Processing Fee for 12/11 - 12/16. That's totally unfair because it's just the way the billing fell (or maybe it is contrived), but the manager here will not budge on removing the second $50 charge. DO NOT RENT FROM MARINA LANDING APARTMENTS (GREYSTAR) IN ORLANDO, FL!!!

• Li
    lionessroars6177 Mar 01, 2015

Another thing! What is the $5.00 SERVICE CHARGE on every bill? SCAM! I just moved into this apartment two months ago, but I'd leave if I could. As if the rent here isn't high enough, then they attach additional charges. I've never had to pay extra for valet trash pickup, plus the extra service charge. I hate this place!!!

Gauging Utilities

Last year AIMCO our apartment leasing company changed their utility billing company. Since early this year...

overcharged

I am reading so many reviews on NWP and i was so scared about being evicted and didn't know what to do...

billing methodology

My apartment community hired NWP in June 2011 to replace our other water billing company that was great ...

Illegal Billing

If you live in California and feel wronged by your submeter billing company/property management company regarding your water, gas, and electric bill, here are some laws that you need to know.

1. If you cannot walk to your meter and read it without the help of any tools or a ladder, this is an illegal installation.
2. If your meter does not have a Weights and Measures sticker or a lead seal with a date on one side and a county mark on the other, your meters have never been tested and they are being used illegally.
3. If your meter is not on the California Type Approved list (see link), It is illegal. http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/dms/programs/ctep/CTEPApprovals/caApprovals.pdf
4. If the meter reads on your monthly bill does not match your meter, it is Illegal
5. If you are paying to heat the hot water or are getting a heat preparation/energy charge, it is illegal.
6. If the rates on the bill differ from the local utility provider, it is illegal.

If any of these pertain to you or you feel wronged by the billing company, call your County Weights and Measures inspector. They will come out to your property and inspect the site. You can do this confidentially so the property manager cannot retaliate against you. Breaking the above mentioned laws is a criminal offense. Once you find out that you are being billed illegally, you can then take the billing company and the property management company to small claims court and sue for a complete refund of all monies paid for the utility.
Here is the link to find your local Weights and Measures inspector.

With all of your help, we can get some fair water billing here in California.