Xbox 360a david and goliath story!

J

I Have had my Xbox for about a year now (one of the Infamous). And I received the Three Red Lights, like everyone that has Bought a 360 within the first year! So, it was still in Warranty and I sent it back to Microsoft, and well it was fixed!!! Or was it??? So, after about two months of Playing, and enjoying the system, I started to Notice some funny things, such as the screen becoming choppy and the Voices, and some Sound was knocked out!! Then the Water Broke, that’s when it started to FREEZE!!! Well, of course ya man was tight, AGAIN!!! This BS Started happening again, after not even two full Months?!?!? I purposely marked up my 360 before I sent it in the first time, too see if I would get back MY 360 (not a Refurb), to my surprise it was a Refurb ( I think). Well, my cousin had the same issue w/ the Three Red Lights, and told me that when he sent it back to Microsoft "They Sent Him A Refurb Console". But, that's not all...

I Call The Support AGAIN, and went through the BS with the "Techs", and they Truly were no Help!! I Told them everything that was wrong, and what do these "Monkeys" Tell me??? They say "Sir, your warranty is up, and you will have to pay"... Are you Stupid!!!??? I sent it to the Service Center Broke, and they send it back, as it was when I sent it to them! Regardless of if it's my same 360, or a Refurb ! If it was fixed then there is no need for me speaking to Support..Right?? Well, I ask for a Supervisor, and they tell me that all they can do is give me 50% Discount... NOT ENOUGH!!! I stress that I want this to be fixed for free, and that it is no fault of my own, that your center has sent this back to me BROKE!!!

So, after battling for position in this matter, I finally got a somewhat good deal. There where able to give me a 75% plus a 1 year warranty and free shipping and handling... Well Alright!!! So, yes I took the offer, paid the $34 and sent it to the Service Center, happy and all that good stuff! Really?!?! Right!!! About a week later, I receive my 360 back, thinking I could get back to my gaming, and what is to my surprise!? These A-Holes to the [censored]s, have sent back my console as is, because the state that I tampered with the console, and that voids the warranty... WHAT WARRANTY!!! I paid to have the it fixed, how is this voiding the warranty? This is where is becomes unthinkably ugly!!! Of course I call the Service Center, and raise Fire... I explain that there no one tampered with this console and that I paid to have it fixed, so this is not a void of anything!! Well, I speak to two different Supervisors that were of no help to me. I explained my situation and still no answer or solution!

Here is what the Letter sent in return of my 360: "Dear Xbox Enthusiast, An inspection of your console has revealed that tampering or attempted tampering of the console has occurred. The WARRANTY is voided as a result of these actions. In addition, Microsoft is unable to offer repair services for a tampered Xbox console. Therefore, the console is being returned to you as-is, not repaired. If you were charged, you will be refunded by check. If you have further questions, please contact the Xbox call center..."

Now this all happen within the last month, and I spoke to another rep. that said my check will not be issued to me for SIX WEEKS!!! They put me through all of this, take my money send back my console, and tell me that I wont get my money for SIX WEEKS!!! WTF!!! I raise more hell, and now I am at this point where I need help from all who are reading this. I am reporting this to Microsoft and Better Business, and whomever else I can!!! But, to all who read this Blog, give me your feed back, and let TAKE MICROSOFT DOWN!!!

• Xt
    xTBDx xSWEEDENx May 16, 2015

Hi id like to make a complaint since there has been an update on the game advanced warfare to get the gun m1 irons the game keeps freezing while playing and when I'm trying to change my guns or in a lobby loads of my friends are having the same problem it needs sorting thanks

• Ph
    phil o edwards Oct 12, 2014

my xbox video keeps freezing same problem from last time I tried
    playing a movie on it but the still haven't fixed it all the way. freezes xbox and forces you to turn it off.

• Bl
    BLWARD Aug 06, 2012

I spoke with a customer service rep supervisor named MARY. She told me they couldn't give out last names. But she was RUDE!!!

They cannot tell me where, when, how, or why my package has NOT been shipped yet. They tell me it was shipped on the 31st of July, then they said the 2nd of August. Now, they won't tell me if it has or has not been shipped. This is August 6th.

She told me it was MY responsibility to find out where it was. HELLO!! Ya'll shipped it to ME! She was rude, tasteless and hung up on me at the end of conversation because she said I got loud with her. She was RIGHT!!! But I didn't get UGLY, I just wanted to know where it is! But I STILL DO NOT KNOW!!!

• Issa Asad Aug 03, 2011

I think the complaint is that the xbox doesn't have a browser so he can't accept the terms and conditions/costs when using an internet connection in a hotel room. I'm not sure if this will work, but there is a way to get an internet browser for your xbox, link below.

• Ev
    Evans price Aug 03, 2011

I am complaint becuz the xbox 360 does not have Internet it should have Internet so when u go to a hotel or somthing that needs you to get on the Internet to except the terms and using conditions

• Tr
    Trafzn Jun 02, 2011

Charges have appeared on my Visa account. I need to know who has made these charges. They were for $49.00 two times. Can you help me find out who? I have a username but no password.

pobarjenkins Mar 10, 2011

I'm with you on this. I don't think they should charge to use netflix. What they should do is have just netflix be free and if you want to watch it with friends or do special things then you should pay.

• La
    ladyte36 Mar 09, 2011

I have a Xbox 360 and was reading on the complaints which are vicious I am surprised microsoft has continued doing so well with the sale of this gaming console. My problem is why is does microsoft charge additional fee's to utilize netflix on the game when the other gaming systems doesn't. I'm highly irritated I already pay for netflix. Is this suppose to be microsofts plan to piss customers off or is it just me. It appears that the problems with Wii are less invassive with hard ware and the fact you can log into your netflix acct with out additional gouging charges.

• Ge
    Gene C Feb 16, 2011

After purchasing a XBOX 360 ( the newer S version) I started having problems with the power brick losing power and displaying a red light ( according to the folks at the retailer the internal breaker was going off). Needless to say the retailer didnt have any to swap out and recommended that I contact Microsoft. I did so and the support rep informed me that I would have to send in the brick so they can send me a new one. i was hesitant, seeing that I had only been using this unit for less than a month, but I was ready to to do so. Right before getting off the phone I inquired about some options that would minimize my downtime, I was told that they could send me a new brick and a box as well in order to ship the old one back ( hey I figured I just shelled out some money to get the console it didn't make sense that I pay more to get it fixed...kinda like going in for a warranty repair on your vehicle and them charging you money to drive it to the dealership...but I digress) Being satisfied with my encounter I resigned myself to waiting... Well five business days go by and still nothing. Thinking to myself that the ice storm we had may have slowed down the shipment i waited another day or two. Well then I followed up via the website (ref# [protected] in case you're curious) and promptly received a call that they were still waiting for my power brick. Thinking to myself that I could call and they could look up my transcript from the previous support rep and get all this cleared up in a juf. Well I couldn't be further from what was to happen, the first rep decided to not only put me on hold X3 ( politely I may add) then he begins to spout policy like it was cannonical scripture. I informed him that I was aware of the return process in place but I was also informed of there ability to replace the broken item as well ( which I was promised). Not being satisfied with the answer I informed him that this is not a personal attack but I wanted to escalate this issue to his manager. I was informed that he was in a meeting and would return my call within the next 2-4 hours. Well surprisingly enough a gentleman named "Micheal" who was alleging to be a manager basically told me that that is the process in which they do things. When pressed about the sending power bricks to users I was told that as of January they no longer did such things ( convenient huh...thats what I told him.) He then proceeded to tell me that he could investigate by reviewing the transcript, "if they are available" it but it would take longer and I might as well just send it in... In other words "tuff $H*T". At this point it was no longer about getting what was promised to me it was about customer service. Hey I dont live in a glass house I have been involved with Tech support and been around a lot of call centers so my initial expectations were low. But this was a true slap in the face and I feel I owe it to all the people out there to realize that no matter how they spin the idea of having great support the only thing they are interested in is the all mighty dollar ( no surprise there huh?). So I told Micheal that rather than sending one in I was going to purchase a another unit ( I know thats what they want me to do...but I have too much invested in games ...for now at least ) and asked him to escalate it further. We'll see if they will bother calling. Unit then I have a few hours to burn, Google to use and I can cut and paste this.) caveat emptor...

PotNoodleMan5 Feb 11, 2011

there are inter milan strips for avatar and there is not ac milan strips

• Tj
    TJ87 Jan 28, 2011

I had to send my xbox in to be repaired because it wouldnt play any fable 3 game i tried 4 different games i hadnt had the system a month. So i called support spent about a hour and a half going through the steps to see what was wrong well they ended up saying i needed to send it in to be repaired well they get it and send it right back saying it had been tampered with! but they didnt send my xbox back that i sent in. The one i got back wont even come up on my tv.

• Em
    Emilyb Nov 04, 2010

I bought the xbox 360 in 2007, I have had nothing but problems. I have had to send it back, I have had to call numerous times. Now when downloading the mandatory update I have a bricked xbox, and because it is out of warranty and they want me to pay 120 dollars to get it fixed. I have been promised 3 calls, once from a manager and 2 times from tech team and I have yet to receive a call back.

• Al
    Allan22 Nov 02, 2010

red rings - very common. went through the same thing. sent in for repair - they sent me another machine. nothing but problems since.

PS3 !!!

• Dp
    dpunk3 Nov 02, 2010

OK, they won't charge you if you didn't buy anything from the Marketplace. If your not stupid (contrary to how your grammar is), you would have known that. Do you have any brother's or sisters? They might have bought something accidentally (or even purposefully). Your parents could have too. Either way, if your not crying over 800 points (as you stated), stop posting things to this website. Your bad grammar is taking up valuable server space.

• Pa
    Paul Nov 02, 2010

I bought a new xbox in november of 2007. I have sent it back to get fixed and was sent a replacement xbox. Last couple months I have been getting 3 flashing red lights, then tonight I come home to E80 "system error" and that it will cost 119.99 to get fix because I am out of warranty. I asked why mine keeps breaking I was told other people have had theirs since day one and it is still working and therefore, its due to way I was handling the machine.

• Jl
    jlove74 Oct 22, 2010

Same story here. Purchased new in 07 worked for a year, took it back to best buy in 08, they sent me a refurbised model, and this year it crashed again, took it back to best buy and they told me I had to send it to microsoft, got it back three weeks later stating that I had tampered with it. What a bunch of sh.. I have spent hours now on the phone to no avail. I have never been this upset about a purchase. I cant believe that they wont stand by the warranty that they gave us.

pobarjenkins Sep 23, 2010

The "red ring of death" is a huge manufacturing flaw, but it's also incredibly common and well-known about with the public. It was pretty much discovered as soon as it came out. Always make sure to check user complaints before purchasing something so expensive. Sorry it happened to you.

• Gu
    Guen Sep 23, 2010

Yesterday my Xbox 360 Started to flash red around the power button. I tried to check power supply and everything, finally I looked on the internet and found out that in fact my system just plain failed due to a manufacturer error. My system is 3 years old and now out of warranty... the thing that really angers me is that how can a company make such a crappy product that is self-destructs just after your warranty is up? They are making huge money on having people repurchase systems.

I either have to pay over $100 for a repair, purchase a shoddy "guide" online to fix it in under 1 hour... yeah right, or purchase an entirely new system. My response is to sell all my 360 games and go straight PS3... since I've had that longer and it's working great still.

I just had to voice my disappointment as I've never been so disappointed in a product so much in my life.

pobarjenkins Sep 22, 2010

It isn't for the online services is it? Because to get all that content it does cost money.

• Ta
    Tammy H89 Sep 22, 2010

we have contacted Microsoft several times about a recurring charge on my bank account for 7.99 and nothing has been done to stop the charges. We have not even owned the machine for about 6 months now.

• St
    steven d davis Aug 10, 2010

in nov i bought the 360 for my 12 year old for xmas on dec 6 i lost my 16 year old daughter in a car wreck so i gave my son his present early almost from the start the red ring occured i called and thay said send it back obout a month later here came a new one i was pleased a few months ago it started cutting rings in the disk and teck support told me it had to be dropped or moved because their machines cannot i repeat cannot malfunction without this occuring a machine that cannot malfunction so now im lying in 54 years noone with any sence had ever called me that to my face so0 im alittle mad make it right microsoft of have an enemy for life

• Ci
    citymouse420 Jun 22, 2010

We also are having problems and horrible service from Microsoft and the x box 360 we have a total of 3 systems for the house since we have a lot of gamers.. Along with a bunch of games no less then 30 each person.. My sons Xbox went out and was still under warnty they have sent us 3 diffrent systems and none of them are worth a damn!! And no matter what you say to the ppl on the phone they continue on with their pre ordained speach! Its like they do not even hear you! Well I want a job bench testing all the x boxes that come in cause where else can you make big money and not have to do any work?? I would just think that a company that was once a great leader would have better costomer service.. and way more pride in thier product! but I guess I am along with all these other folks wrong! So my family and all my friends and on line buddies will be selling our crap boxes and getting ps3.. If you cant beat them join them they say!! and all microsoft products will be taken out of our house.. they have gotton enough of our money! hope they choke on it!

• Mr
    Mr. Watts Jun 08, 2010

This is [censor]ing [censor] I sent mine in as well and then two weeks later I get it back they give it back to me telling me I tampered the xbox and that its warranty is now voided [censor] microsoft those [censor]ing rats I will never buy a god damned xbox ever again their rotten company can burn.

• Da
    Daniel_Cook1988 Jan 16, 2010

I bought my xbox 360 about four years ago. I have had no problems until a year ago. The disc drive stoped opening so I sent it in for repair. Well i received a refurbished xbox and now a few days ago i got the Red rings of death. I call to get it repaired and they tell me that it has been tampered with. They cannot not tell me why its been tampered. I talked to one of the highest up people and nonone can give me a straight answer. I was even told that the intercooler can cause it to be tampered! I have not tampered my xbox! Does anyone know what I should do?? Who can i complain to???

• Fg
    fgxbox Jan 11, 2010

Add one more to the boat. I sent it in November last year when my elite RROD on me. Fixed it and sent it back. Now almost perfectly one year later. It RROD's again in November. Now they have it to where you register and send it in thru their online system. Last year was going thru steps with a rep and then them sending me a box to send them the xbox. The new MW2 system comes out as my xbox is gone to get fixed and I figure what they hay. I'll buy the new one and sell the elite when it gets back. I get it back with a - i'm sorry but it's been tampered with. I don't know how but now I have 2 serial numbers on my elite so it is said to be tampered with. I have never opened it up, let alone take off the face plate. After long disputes and being on hold for weeks on since i got it back. Nick who i spoke to today in the resolution department is saying they investigated to overturn the tamper flag on my elite only to find out that it couldn't be overturned. So tough luck. But here is the sticky thing. No notes could be furnished on what was done to my xbox last year!!! So how was it investigated? Either way I am Livid more because I take off the face plate and guess what. The warranty sticker is in tact. As is the serial # sticker. No edges coming up or wrinkles anywhere. But that serial # is different from the one on the outer layer shell on the back and on the hard drive when it powers on. Hmmmm. What does good ole Nick say when I see the sticker isn't messed with - well those can be bought on Ebay. So I tell him oh great so Microsoft will not fix an xbox when its sticker is messed with - but when something else is wrong they can give the excuse that you have the option of buying the sticker on Ebay so you could have put it back on yourself after opening and closing the xbox. Of course he didn't say yes to this but he still was saying "YOUR XBOX HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND OUR REPAIR FACILITY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR XBOX" I brought up legal action and getting a lawyer and he got defensive. Watched what he said but at one point wouldn't want to answer any more questions about when the investigation to overturn the tamper flag was started, who did it and so on. He just said you may continue with legal action thru a lawyer but I have already given you when we received your xbox and when it was returned. No other dates were given to me. He finished with " Do you have anymore questions" I answered with yes but none you want to answer and ended the call with Mr. Defensive - I will not help you Nick from the resolution center. Livid is how I feel after being shanked for being a loyal customer and by that I mean not tampering with the xbox only for it to come back to me - TAMPERED. Now with this new MW2 version elite you can be sure I will make sure serial #'s match before and after it gets fixed it thru these years it fails and will be taking photos. As for the matter at hand I am not sure where I can or what I can do to not pay for my un-tampered xbox deemed tampered by microsoft to get it fixed with out digging into my pocket for money. If anyone could help out please email me at [email protected] - thanks,

• Ke
    kevin Deyton Jan 09, 2010

They took my $25.00 for application fee and i never received a thing from them and i cant no long enter their web site. sincerly
    KD

• Al
    Alucus Nov 12, 2009

I have just this week had the same ishue, I have an 360 elite, I have had it for about 2 years and I got the red ring. So I get in touch and send it off to them, So about an hour ago I got it back with the same note as you saying that it had been tampered with, when it clearly hasent. So I go online after been told by a superviser that it is been investigated, and read that if the microsoft sticker under the face plate is danmaged or removed then they class it as tampered with. So I check my 360 I take the face plate off and low and behold the sticker is still in place, which tells me that they havent even had it open, to check it. So what are they playing a game or something. Its soding rediculous that we pay all this money for these things, only for these ploblums to happen and then be called tamperers when you sendd it off to be repaired cus of there shoddy consoles breaking.

• Rt
    r.turner Aug 27, 2009

Most definitely agreed! I'm absolutely appalled at this service by Microsoft. There was me thinking that they were such a good company for providing free-repairs for the problem, even after the first fix, now I get this.

My story:

We've had our present Xbox 360 for a while now, getting it shortly after the 360 was released. Lone behold - within a year we experienced the oh-so common Red Ring of Death. Frustrated enough as is, I got on the phone to Microsoft support, arranged a repair and sent it away. Three weeks later, we received the same console back, 'repaired' and working. Happy days.

The console worked for around a year, upon which it started providing the exact same symptoms - RRoD #2. I went through the exact same lines as before, sent off the Xbox - all fine and well.

Earlier today, I've received the Xbox back, including a letter stating that we've "tampered" with the console! Now, I have some minor technical knowledge, I'm about to go into a Computer Science course at Uni', but I wouldn't be stupid-enough, or even know where to start on trying to modify the internals of a console! I'm incredibly frustrated, and the only linkage that I can see is from THEM fixing it the first time round! Are they accusing their customers of tampering for the fact that they 'repaired' the console previously?

I'm very shocked at Microsoft's 'quality' of service, and most-definitely won't be purchasing another Xbox 360 if they won't repair it. Playstation 3 or 4 it seems.

• Su
    SuperVepr Jun 30, 2009

I have two (second gen and Elite). No problems with either one.

• De
    Dee Jun 30, 2009

I'm going thru the same nightmare. I found Bill Gates email address ([email protected] com) on line and told him to look at the complaintsboard website to see what's going on with the Xbox. I'm sure I won't get a reply.

• La
    la cock grande Jun 23, 2009

stupid ###in microsoft, i have gone through the exact same ###, gone through 5 games and had to buy them again because the xbox had been sracthing them.. i want a new xbox or atleast new games to replace the ones damaged.. ### microsoft!!!

• Be
    BeccaBoom Jun 04, 2009

I have the same problem, RROD, just got the letter in the mail today with the un-repaired box. Not only is it unrepaired, I SWEAR it's not even the same XBox. I take care of my belongings, and this Xbox actually has a food like substance on it, PLUS you can see the difference in panel colors! It also has black finger marks on it. One of the little clips is floating around inside the grate. It's as if someone took the guts out and replaced the inside components so the same serial number would be on it. I called customer service, and they said they're going to have someone call me back in 3-10 days. I'm LIVID! I have spent a fortune with Microsoft over the years, and I'm seriously considering just going to PS and getting a MAC if they don't fix this.

• Gr
    Gringo Apr 17, 2009

HI,
    i also bought a xbox 360, after a couple of months it wouldn't load games and when it did they crashed after about 10 mins, but it would sometimes play dvd's, i sent it to xbox to get fixed because it was still in warrenty, after a couple of weeks they sent it back to me with a happy little note informing me that "i had tampered with it" and therefore they will not fix it, very nice i thought, not only that but when they sent it back to me its was now completely broken and wouldn't even start, ...

i never touched the f**cking thing! why would i, what a scam, someone is going to learn!!!

They tolk it, broke it, accused me of something i didn't do then hung up on me at their call centre when i complained, ...

Lieing cheating backstabing roundheads, take your money lie to your face, insult me and my intelegence and break my console, mother f**cking c**ts, i hate those f**ckers
    F**K XBOX!

• Di
    disgusted with Microsoft Feb 28, 2009

I am absoulutly disgusted with Microsoft! My kids got an xbox 360 from their grandfather for christmas in 07, one month after warranty ran out it stops working. Microsoft tells me that it will cost $150 to be repaired, why would I do that when we can buy a new one with games for $200? I asked to have my years membership credited to my card and they tell me that they cannot do that! AND the rep hung up on me!! Disgusting product and even worse customer service. We will be going to Sony !!

• Je
    Jerome Feb 01, 2009

just happen to me thought it was tv moved wii it worked fine, xbox #5 wtf

• Je
    Jerome Feb 01, 2009

Yo I love my 360 when I've have it, been through 5 xbox 360s in 3 years. That is a horrible service record, microsoft should've taken the hit and recalled all 360s soon after release to fix this problem, I've had one with the RRoD and the other 4 have been processor problems, this last one was a fan and processor problem. What other recourse do we have as gamers PS3 is nice for blu-ray but they have bugs to, I was thinking of joining class action law suit against microsoft but if we win what will we get. Just moaning out loud thanks for reading. Email me [email protected] wtf is right

• Mi
    mike Jan 30, 2009

I gave my boys the 360 fox-mas and ony 2 weeks later i get the three red rings. After getting it back i played for a week and now i get two red rings on the left, which says its hot, only that it has been sitting there for 12 hours (off). now, how did it get hot. Now i have to send it in for repairs. they have had the unit longer than i have. X-box is nice ( when it will work).. this has been a total waste of money and i dont reccomend the 360 to anybody.

• Ih
    ihatexbox360 Dec 21, 2008

wtf.Sending in my xbox 360 for the ( hold on ran out of toes and fingers) for the sixth time and at this point its ridiculous.This time its not the 3 red rings(big surprise had it three times already) and it's not disc read error(2 times).This is a new one.This time its (drum role please) NO DISPLAY! that's right sound but no picture.So naturally I think it has to be either the cable or the t.v it can't be the system right?WRONG!Brought new cables.
    Check. Tried it on a t.v.Check.Tried a different device on the same channel.Check.So the last thing to do is call the dreaded 800 number.After 15 minutes of talking to rep who doesn't know right from left they finally decided that it has to be sent in from repairs.Not surprised.You think after 3 years they would get ### right.Boy was i mistaken.I don't know why I expected better from microcrap .

Jorrell Dec 18, 2008

I bought my Xbox and Xbox 360 a few years ago. Within six months it stop working. I got a message stating that it could not read this disc which was a Xbox game and said to put in an approved Xbox in the console. I contacted the customer services line to have my Xbox repaired but they were going to charge me $99.00 dollars. I said no way that this is a microsoft problem and you should fix it for free. I did not creat this problem! They never fixed it so I called again just recently because its just sitting there taking up space. I told myself either I fix it or through it away. So I contacted them again agreed to pay the $99.00 dollars but there was another problem they said their system would not take my address. They wanted me to send my very expensive Xbox 360 to an alternate address. I told them are you crazy! What happens if someone steals it. So at this point I have a very expensive top of the line 600.00 to 700.00 dollars Xbox 360 with a lot of games but can't play them at all. I really am looking to pursue legal action against Microsoft. It anyone has the same issue or is looking for a return on there Xbox console and game please e-mail me. [email protected] I Pretty much just wasted $600.00 to 700.00 and something dollars.

• Ke
    Keith A Wing Nov 28, 2008

My son Anthony ordered an XBox 360 on 8/10/2008 and has yet to receive it, he has an order number which is [protected]